PDA

View Full Version : Spurs not even in the same class as...

Malice
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Cleveland, Lakers, Orlando, Boston, Denver (yeah I said Denver),...I could go on but you get the point. The torch has officially been passed on this year to the REAL champion caliber teams. And from this point on those teams listed will be there to give us a good beat down like today, just in case we all forget.

With that said, I'll suffer through the rest of this season like a typical die hard fan, and be their watching next year with renewed hope...:flag:

lefty
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Wtf

objective
04-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't say Denver, Karl's even more outrageous with his rotations than Pop.

Malice
04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't say Denver, Karl's even more outrageous with his rotations than Pop.

I wouldnt have said Denver either...about a month ago. But, its pretty clear to me, being forced feed this shit in Denver, they got a team not like any they've had here. The Billups factor is a HUGE one.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I wouldnt have said Denver either...about a month ago. But, its pretty clear to me, being forced feed this shit in Denver, they got a team not like any they've had here. The Billups factor is a HUGE one.

And you say this based on how many Denver playoff wins?
I still remember 2007, when Karl got a standing ovation going into game 3 of the first round against us, because they beat us at home and took away HCA. They had the best record in the league since the All Star break that year.
You know what happened next...

noob cake
04-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Denver has a cupcake schedule in a soft division.

Malice
04-05-2009, 06:03 PM
And you say this based on how many Denver playoff wins?
I still remember 2007, when Karl got a standing ovation going into game 3 of the first round against us, because they beat us at home and took away HCA. They had the best record in the league since the All Star break that year.
You know what happened next...

I agree for sure. No proven playoffs experience. Thats gotta change sometime. Good news is Spurs wont have to worry about the Nuggets anytime soon. Maybe next years playoffs. Point is, side by side Spurs dont match up well with the majority of the playoff times out there right now. Its a sobering thing to see, and after today's game I was surprisingly calm. Almost like I've come to expect it.

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL..Denver?! playoff Spurs are better than Denver..

I hope you guys realize there is LITTLE chance we perform like this in the playoffs..

the big 3 will be getting more minutes, Duncan and Manu will be giving their playoff efforts..that alone is enough to get us past most of the teams in the West in the 1st round..

we always match up well with Denver, because Karl doesn't know how to coach, and they play low IQ basketball..the Nuggets are the epitome of a regular season team..

the only teams that I would worry about in the 1st round are LA, Portland, and New Orleans..

we aren't on the same level as LA, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando..but guess what? nobody else is..

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
If San Antonio can get the #2 seed then they'll be in the WCF...guaranteed

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Spurs are still contenders. Not on the same level as the Lakers and Cavs...but close enough to pull an upset.

mytespurs
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
If San Antonio can get the #2 seed then they'll be in the WCF...guaranteed

a BIG "IF" and they way they've looked these past two weeks, I wouldn't put money on getting that #2 seed.....and....there are no guarantees in life.....:hat

crc21209
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
You do know Denver has had a cakewalk of a schedule the past week or 2 right? Before that they were so inconsistent it wasnt even funny...

Spursfan092120
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/fail.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
being old must suck

crc21209
04-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Last time I checked, the Spurs are still the #3 seed with Manu missing 30 games, Tony missing some games, and TD on some bad knees lately. Add to the fact that they added Gooden and Pop has been coaching like complete crap lately scrambling to find a right rotation. Come playoff time...we'll see our big guns out there for more time and no Udoka or Vaughn. We'll be fine...

burntorange
04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Gosh. The playoffs haven't even started, and people are claiming the Spurs are no longer elite. Wait for the Spurs to lose to New Orleans or something before you start writing their obituary.

If Tim and Manu can get healthy, this team will be much better than last year's team.

Leetonidas
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I think everybody who makes threads/posts like OP here really need to shut the fuck up. Everyone has watched the Spurs long enough to know there are the Playoff Spurs and the Regular-Season Spurs.

Agloco
04-05-2009, 09:05 PM
LOL..Denver?! playoff Spurs are better than Denver..

I hope you guys realize there is LITTLE chance we perform like this in the playoffs..

the big 3 will be getting more minutes, Duncan and Manu will be giving their playoff efforts..that alone is enough to get us past most of the teams in the West in the 1st round..

we always match up well with Denver, because Karl doesn't know how to coach, and they play low IQ basketball..the Nuggets are the epitome of a regular season team..

the only teams that I would worry about in the 1st round are LA, Portland, and New Orleans..

we aren't on the same level as LA, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando..but guess what? nobody else is..

Well......it's a steaming pile of shit right now. It's gonna be a quick exit stage left if they don't pull it together quickly.

SPURS50
04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
The spurs haven't been in that class now for the past month or so. Watching them play of late is very painful! Fuck how spoiled I feel now knowing deep down that they may never win another game again!

Agloco
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Cleveland, Lakers, Orlando, Boston, Denver (yeah I said Denver),...I could go on but you get the point. The torch has officially been passed on this year to the REAL champion caliber teams. And from this point on those teams listed will be there to give us a good beat down like today, just in case we all forget.

With that said, I'll suffer through the rest of this season like a typical die hard fan, and be their watching next year with renewed hope...:flag:

You lost all credibility when you decided to add Denver to that list. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I think everybody who makes threads/posts like OP here really need to shut the fuck up. Everyone has watched the Spurs long enough to know there are the Playoff Spurs and the Regular-Season Spurs.

No kidding! It's getting ridiculous, but I guess I should expect that around this time of the season, this is when the road can get bumpy and easy for band wagoners to fall off their wagons.

Horse
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Denver? Bullshit I know it seems bleak right now but with a shortened bench and the rotations set we'll be there, we always are. This team is made for the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 12:22 AM
putting Denver on that list isn't insulting to the Spurs..it's insulting to LA, Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando..

Rogue
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM

it's too early to say that. the spurs obviously had reserved at least 70% of their energy in the game vs. Cavs.