PDA

View Full Version : no team would have beaten the cavs today

mabrignani
04-05-2009, 06:29 PM
i dont care if its the lakers, celtics, magic or spurs. the cavs just lost two games back to back and then they play at home. if it were the spurs in that situation i would have to say the same about them. pretty sure if it were any of the teams listed in this post in that situation they would not lose either.

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 06:31 PM
we have looked horrible, but I agree with this..

there was a few back breakers too..

we cut the lead down to single digits a few times..one of the possessions had us playing great D for 22 seconds, and then Delonte West hit a fluke shot with TP right in his face..it happened again where we played great D for 22 seconds, and then Lebron hit some kind of sideways fadeaway J over Mason..

we also could have cut the lead down to 5, but Gooden missed a wide open chip shot..and then Tony tried some stupid behind the back pass that led to fast break points for Cleveland..

they were definitely making their shots, and they are the best home team in the NBA..

we still need a lot of work though, particularly Pop..

completely deck
04-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah but you'd think any team who deserves to be in the Finals wouldn't consider that a problem. What if they lose 3 in a row in a playoff series ala 2007?

alchemist
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty damn sure that if Duncan and Ginobili decided to show up we could've won this game.

iilluzioN
04-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty damn sure that if Duncan's knees decided to show up we could've won this game.

fixed.

superbigtime
04-05-2009, 07:16 PM
i dont care if its the lakers, celtics, magic or spurs. the cavs just lost two games back to back and then they play at home. if it were the spurs in that situation i would have to say the same about them. pretty sure if it were any of the teams listed in this post in that situation they would not lose either.

Too bad Spurs don't respond in the same way.

de Soto
04-05-2009, 07:20 PM

Bullshit. The Spurs suck currently. Deal with it!

timaios
04-05-2009, 07:33 PM
The cavs only scored 101 pts after all. And all the points were from Lebron, West and Williams.

Spurs were 4/16 from 3pts, if Manu is 4/6 like Mo williams, it is 12 more points for the spurs. (and Mason was 3/9 with 0/1 3pts)

Tim Duncan played 26 min for 6 pts. A TD with 14 pts and the score is even.

With a good Manu and a good Tim the Spurs could have won.

D. West 10-15 (2-2 3pts) 22 pts
M. Williams 9-15 (4-6 3pts) 22 pts
L. James 14-21 (2-5 3pts) 38 pts

The Cavs big 3 = 82 pts
The Spurs = 81 pts

I don't think these 3 guys can play like that everyday !
It was one of those days !