PDA

View Full Version : Jon Barry TRASHING the Spurs

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Did anyone see Jon Barry on ABC just completely trashing the Spurs?

Some of his last parting words were the Spurs are too "old, they're done, they are archaic".

I know the Spurs let go of his brother, Brent Barry, but he didn't have to be such an asshole on national TV? I think he should shown some respect and dignity towards a Spurs team that helped his brother win a ring.

He could have said, well, the Spurs certainly aren't looking like the previous years. Injuries have really taken a toll on this team. With Manu and Tony out at the beginning of the season, the team leaned heavily on TD. Seems the heavy minutes have taken it's toll on TD and he is battling tendonosis issues right now. So, they are not looking very good.

But to disrespect them like they are some chump team that just decided to suck this year is pretty pathetic. The dude sucks and has really shown what a classless asshole he is.

I am now glad Brent Barry is in Houston. Good riddance. Please let the door hit your brother in the face.:pimpslap

E20
04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
It's Jon Barry we are talking about here.

smrattler
04-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Jon fits in nicely with that ESPN team.

boutons_deux
04-05-2009, 07:57 PM
He's an asshole trying to be know-it-all shock jock/talking head, making cheap shots he never has to defend, never has to fear reprisal.

fuck him to hell.

J.T.
04-05-2009, 07:58 PM
All of these "ESPN doesn't love the Spurs" threads should be instant pinkage. They're more old and tired than yo momma jokes, or this current Spurs team. San Antonio is not the center of the universe, the Spurs have been playing under their potential lately, and playing like that in April and May isn't going to win you very many games, let alone four out of seven, four times in a row.

Spurs Brazil
04-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Fuck him. He's just a loser

urunobili
04-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Not the first not the last time he'll talk shit about us... i prefer it that way actually... someone will have to eat crow...

CubanSucks
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
He's an asshole trying to be know-it-all shock jock/talking head, making cheap shots he never has to defend, never has to fear reprisal.

Yup, the good ole Jim Rome disease. I think he sometimes wants to be Van Gundy and be the funny commentator

Horse
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
He was a sorry player, An even worse announcer. And probly hates us for all the times we beat his sorry rockets.

new_N_town
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
i hope the ESPN bus crashes with him on board.. lol... he is a big loser and shud contine 2 stay stuck in the buttt. whatta fagg!!!

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Jon Barry is a c-nt.

spursfan1000
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
What's so big of a deal of Jon Barry? He is a just a former NBA player who wasnt a star..don't care too much about his opinion.

new_N_town
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
What's so big of a deal of Jon Barry? He is a just a former NBA player who wasnt a star..don't care too much about his opinion.

true but he said it on national television . for all to hear and probally agree with him .. curse the barry last name :ihit:ihit

crc21209
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Jon Barry is just a trash piece of crap commentator on ESPN who never won anything, whats new?

spursfan1000
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
true but he said it on national television . for all to hear and probally agree with him .. curse the barry last name :ihit:ihit

That makes it even better, the Spurs will just prove his ass wrong.

exstatic
04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Jon Barry is his father's son. I'm not sure I've ever trashed a player or former player that badly.

spursfan1000
04-05-2009, 08:35 PM
i hope the ESPN bus crashes with him on board.. lol... he is a big loser and shud contine 2 stay stuck in the buttt. whatta fagg!!!

Isnt that a little harsh?

Spur-Addict
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Nothing new here. Barry is "tired" of the Spurs. But he never gets tired of L.A etc. So there's no suprise.

BlackSwordsMan
04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
was he lying? Spurs are old and look terrible this past month

new_N_town
04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Isnt that a little harsh?

in what respect is it harsh?

crc21209
04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
You got blown out by 30!!! What else was he suppose to say? Im just saying...

30? :lol. I didnt know 101-81 was 30 points...I'm just sayin...someone doesnt know how to count! Plus the Spurs were only down 9 with about 6 mins to go in the 4th. After that they just mailed it in..

spurastic
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I read a lot worse crap than what Jon Berry said on this very board and that crap is written by Spurs "fans".

Spur-Addict
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
You got blown out by 30!!! What else was he suppose to say? Im just saying...

It wasn't an isolated statement, it is habitual even when we win.

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 08:54 PM
almost every "analyst" on ABC or ESPN has no credibility and makes stupid statements all the time..Barry is one of the worst, along with Mark Jackson..

in the past 2 weeks alone, Barry has said Lebron doesn't deserve MVP, and that the Celtics wouldn't make the playoffs in the East without KG on the team..

benefactor
04-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Was even in need of a thread? Anyone who has watch basketball since he started working as an analyst knows he hates us. We all knew this was coming because he can actually justify his statements right now.

BonnerDynasty
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
LOL

Better to be a has-been than a NEVER-WAS!

superbigtime
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM

Some of his last parting words were the Spurs are too "old, they're done, they are archaic".

I know the Spurs let go of his brother, Brent Barry, but he didn't have to be such an asshole on national TV? I think he should shown some respect and dignity towards a Spurs team that helped his brother win a ring.

He could have said, well, the Spurs certainly aren't looking like the previous years. Injuries have really taken a toll on this team. With Manu and Tony out at the beginning of the season, the team leaned heavily on TD. Seems the heavy minutes have taken it's toll on TD and he is battling tendonosis issues right now. So, they are not looking very good.

But to disrespect them like they are some chump team that just decided to suck this year is pretty pathetic. The dude sucks and has really shown what a classless asshole he is.

I am now glad Brent Barry is in Houston. Good riddance. Please let the door hit your brother in the face.:pimpslap
Yes I did see that. Wasn't exactly very diplomatic and I agree it was disrespectful and classless. He basically dismissed the Spurs as a contender and then got right back to blowing the Cavs. Jon Barry has always been a prick when it comes to the Spurs. I don't think his dad is a Spurs fan either.

Budkin
04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
He's said things like this about the Spurs forever... he loves seeing them lose.

SPURS50
04-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Jon Barry's a homo!

Matchman
04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
what did you expect him to say when your team is down by 20 :lol?

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 10:05 PM
what did you expect him to say when your team is down by 20 :lol?

Assuming his IQ is above 40, he could have come up with some basketball analysis. His audience isn't ST posters, he was on national tv. Duncan is not playing well because he's hurt and any basketball reporter worth his salt would know that. Duncan had been having a remarkable year averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds until the tendonosis hit in February. It's obvious, as you can see with the bulky padding on his knees that he's hampered. The Spurs streak began to decline coincidentally when Duncan got hurt. So no, it is not that simple. And, fans who respect the game of Basketball and perhaps aren't Spurs fans would have probably liked to know that, instead of the same pathetic analysis from Barry-they are just old and archaic.:toast

GSH
04-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Like father, like son. One dick leads to another.

Brent got much more from this team and this city than he brought to the court. (And he wasn't nearly as funny as he thought he was.) After he got to Houston, he had some things to say about the Spurs that were out of line. Fuck him too.

Kamala
04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
His head looks like shaved monkey nuts:ihit

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
His head looks like shaved monkey nuts:ihit
:lol

ElNono
04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Is this the Barry that was not good enough to win a championship?

Austin_Toros
04-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Time to start rebuilding. Might as well get in early.
Thabeet, anyone?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Like father, like son. One dick leads to another.

Brent got much more from this team and this city than he brought to the court. (And he wasn't nearly as funny as he thought he was.) After he got to Houston, he had some things to say about the Spurs that were out of line. Fuck him too.

What did he say? I never heard about this.

GSH
04-06-2009, 09:36 AM
What did he say? I never heard about this.

This may be the only one that got made public, but he started running his mouth the moment he got to town.

“That’s probably the least that he (Bowen) has hacked McGrady since they’ve been in there,” commented Worrell.

“Bowen’s a little befuddled by the call,” followed Bullard. “But we’ve talked to Brent Barry, who played here in San Antonio for four years about Bruce Bowen, and he says ‘You know what? Bruce is a very dirty player.”

And while this made for great TV, Brent Barry might not be so appreciative of the broadcasters revealing his true feelings next time the Spurs and Rockets face off.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 10:08 AM
When someone can prove that anything Barry said is untrue, let me know. Until then, I have no problem with anything he said. I happen to believe that they're just stupid instead of old and lazy, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. Maybe George Hill really can't stand 20 feet from the basket and not touch the ball, and maybe Bruce Bowen instead of Michael Finley would have allowed Lebron James to score more than 18 points in the first quarter.

GSH
04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
When someone can prove that anything Barry said is untrue, let me know. Until then, I have no problem with anything he said. I happen to believe that they're just stupid instead of old and lazy, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. Maybe George Hill really can't stand 20 feet from the basket and not touch the ball, and maybe Bruce Bowen instead of Michael Finley would have allowed Lebron James to score more than 18 points in the first quarter.

There's an old story that you can put a team of monkies on typewriters, and eventually they will bang out all the works of Shakespeare through simple random chance. I'm guessing that's how your stupid fucking post was created. Can you prove it wasn't? The fact that I feel that way must make it true, and okay to say. Right?

Even if everything Jon Barry says were true (and it isn't), it's possible to be truthful and still be a dick. Now, get your old, lazy, stupid monkies back to work typing up a witty comeback.

Gervin44Silas13
04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I got 10 words....

FUCK Jon Barry,and the ESPN horse he rides on!!!!

Dr. Gonzo
04-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Why does it matter?

TampaDude
04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
WGAF about that loser??? :lol

new_N_town
04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
id rather listen 2 cheryl miller and nancy lieberman then jon barry

Girasuck
04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I saw it and I also saw Avery Johnson with that "I'm gonna hit you" look after Barry said it. Funny that only 2 years ago John Barry was kissing some big time Spurs ass in the WCF.

rascal
04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Why even bother to start a thread about this? Why are you so sensitive about what Jon Barry thinks or says anyways.

rascal
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
This may be the only one that got made public, but he started running his mouth the moment he got to town.

“That’s probably the least that he (Bowen) has hacked McGrady since they’ve been in there,” commented Worrell.

“Bowen’s a little befuddled by the call,” followed Bullard. “But we’ve talked to Brent Barry, who played here in San Antonio for four years about Bruce Bowen, and he says ‘You know what? Bruce is a very dirty player.”

And while this made for great TV, Brent Barry might not be so appreciative of the broadcasters revealing his true feelings next time the Spurs and Rockets face off.

Its well known around the league Bowen is a dirty player. He wouldn't be in the league if he didn't try the tricks of dirty play to get into opponents heads.

Only biased Spur fans turn a blind eye to it.

jackseven
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM

So the media is now supposed to throw softballs for professional sports teams?

If there is anything nobody should have to be politically correct about, it's critiquing professional sports teams and players performance.

What Barry said is true. The Spurs are old and archaic and they are also done. Do you need it to be sugar coated in the form of censored Mike Breen NBA coverage?

Do Duncan and Ginobili have injury problems? Probably but that comes with the territory. They're out of the prime of their careers and aging quickly.

Duncan's play has been diminishing for years but not many people remember Duncan's first half of his career so it was glossed over. Ginobili plays with no regard for his health and it's finally overtaking him.

Spurs had a great run, but it's over. They're done as far as being a contender.

Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic all roll them right now.

Jazz, Hornets, Rockets probably beat them as well.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Even if everything Jon Barry says were true (and it isn't),

Prove it. Until then, quit being such a sensitive pussy. The Spurs looked like shit on national TV. If they don't want to be insulted by people that dislike them, maybe they should try harder to win.

Gervin44Silas13
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Your such a Judas!!!!!!!

See what I mean Spurs fans your Typical Bandwagon Fan!

Yuixafun
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Who cares about Jon Barry?

Texas_Ranger
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Jon who??

mytespurs
04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
It's typical opinionated sports talk but Jon is entitled to his opinion. I imagine if the Spurs do a 180 and start playing consistenly well, I'm sure he'll be like...."you can never count out this team"....opinions varies, it depends which way the winds are blowing that day. :)

Duncan2177
04-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Who the fuck is Jon Barry?

sananspursfan21
04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Even when Barry was with the Spurs, his brother John hated the Spurs and sometimes would let some comments like that slip. Now that Brent isn't with the Spurs he lets it fly.

true. i never liked him. he's a shadow of his younger brother anyways :lol

ManuTP9
04-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Fuck Jon

iamdmann
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
jon barry seems to offer proclamations rather than analysis. hubie brown's comments about some of the changes that the spurs are facing this year did a much better job of offering informed criticism. but it's hardly just barry or espn. i'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere else, but watching league pass we get the same three or four commercials over and over (and over) again. just about every time a chris paul or kobe highlight is used it's against the spurs. in one of the more recent ones a picture of tim is shown right when the voiceover says "even when there's no chance of winning" of course showing steve nash or jason kidd would never happen, but tim duncan? i'm not sure anybody really turns to jon barry for insight, but there are much more subtle anti-spurs messages all the time. that's what i have a problem with.

GSH
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
jon barry seems to offer proclamations rather than analysis. hubie brown's comments about some of the changes that the spurs are facing this year did a much better job of offering informed criticism.

Hubie Brown is a class act, and a great basketball mind. If he has something to say about the Spurs, or any other team, it will always be based on a deep knowledge of the game. And he will always express it objectively. I wish Pop would talk him into taking an assistant job, they way Tex Winter does with the Lakers.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the Spurs are struggling this season. I don't have any problem with an analyst discussing that. I have a problem with a national sportscaster being an anti-fan of a particular team, and talking carrying on like a middle school student. Jon Barry's understanding of the word "analysis" stops with the first 4 letters. (For the spelling impaired, that means "anal".)

And for those of you who say that he has a right to his opinion... you're right. Don't be so quick to put down other people's right to call him an asshole. (I just wish someone would do it on national TV.) I guarantee you that our assessment of Jon Barry is a lot more accurate than his assessment of the Spurs.

Now - get those monkeys back to work.

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
The way the Spurs have looked the last couple of weeks, he should have said alot worse...

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2009, 08:29 PM
the media's opinion is irrelevant..they have no credibility, because they've been predicting the Spurs demise since 2006..

it's funny as hell to see how happy they are..

Marcus Bryant
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
May he get cancer of the anus.

Bukefal
04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
i watched espn on some hungarian channel, but they left the cameras and sound on air when there was a time out or breaks, and you could hear barry and the other guy chatting about stuff, they think it was not aired. he was constantly trashing the spurs.

Mugen
04-08-2009, 08:34 PM
jon barry was just a piece of afterbirth that sprang out of his moms vag.

if you were the worst player in your family and was a nobody who never won shit in the nba then you'd be bitter too.

new_N_town
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
i watched espn on some hungarian channel, but they left the cameras and sound on air when there was a time out or breaks, and you could hear barry and the other guy chatting about stuff, they think it was not aired. he was constantly trashing the spurs.

lol i heard it two

Spursmania
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
jon barry was just a piece of afterbirth that sprang out of his moms vag.

if you were the worst player in your family and was a nobody who never won shit in the nba then you'd be bitter too.

:lol