PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Ginobili Sees Doctors About Stiff Ankle (And: Duncan's 'Health' Day-To-Day)

duncan228
04-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Ginobili sees doctors about stiff ankle (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ginobili_sees_doctors_about_stiff_ankle.html)
Jeff McDonald

CLEVELAND — Spurs guard Manu Ginobili left Quicken Loans Arena on Sunday afternoon displaying nary a trace of a limp.

He was on his way to meet with the Spurs' medical staff to determine whether the stiffness he felt in his right ankle during the team's 101-81 loss to Cleveland was anything to be alarmed about.

“I was a little sore,” Ginobili said. “I played a lot of minutes (Friday) in Indiana, with not much rest in between. I really don't know the reason it was sore. I'll talk to the doctors, and we'll see. I want to see if it's normal or not.”

Ginobili had four points in 22 minutes and 36 seconds against the Cavs and missed all six of his 3-point shots. He did not play in the fourth quarter.

It was Ginobili's sixth game back after missing 19 games with a stress reaction in the ankle. He said the ankle began getting stiff Sunday after he went to the bench early in the game.

Daily day-to-day: Tim Duncan, meanwhile, is still playing through sore knees, though it was difficult to tell what role that played in his six-point performance against the Cavs.

Before the game, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he was hopeful that he might have Duncan at full strength by the time the playoffs come around.

“His health is kind of going to be a day-to-day thing,” Popovich said. “There's no meter. He doesn't jump on a scale. If he was feeling bad, he's not likely to tell you. He just plays.”

Impressed, but: With Sunday's victory, Cleveland improved to 37-1 at Quicken Loans Arena, tying a franchise record for home wins.

Color at least one Spurs player partially impressed.

“That's good, but you have to win big games on the road if you want to win championships,” Tony Parker said. “It's good to play good at home, but at some point you have to win a big one on the road.”

Too much info: Cleveland coach Mike Brown is so meticulous that he's been known to iron his socks before tipoff.

Popovich, who had Brown on his staff from 2000-03, recalls witnessing some of his former assistant's more obsessive-compulsive habits firsthand.

“Nobody else could take a shower when he was in there,” Popovich said. “However long it would take you to shower, it takes him three times as long. He needed not one, but three or four wash rags to get through that shower. Which I thought was quite odd.”

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2009, 12:05 AM
More sad news. Sometimes I'd wish you would not post this ish.

DPG21920
04-06-2009, 12:05 AM
awesome :td

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 12:11 AM
sadly looking more and more like Manu won't be a Spur in the upcoming years..

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2009, 12:12 AM
This isn't news, this is just another day for the Spurs in 2009.

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:12 AM
manu for who though?

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 12:14 AM
It's not fair to bash Manu for being sore after coming off an injury. So try to control yourself, haters. (And yes, I did delete four posts in row. Don't make me waste my time tending to this crap.)

tp2021
04-06-2009, 12:14 AM
The Spurs are going as far as Tony can take them this year.

alchemist
04-06-2009, 12:15 AM
:depressed I should've enjoyed that '07 Championship even more than I did, the future looks bleek

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:15 AM
if he was so sore why did he not tell pop and not play at all today

spurs need him more in playoffs then the cavs

ElNono
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
if he was so sore why did he not tell pop and not play at all today

spurs need him more in playoffs then the cavs

"He said the ankle began getting stiff Sunday after he went to the bench early in the game."

Trainwreck2100
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Impressed, but: With Sunday's victory, Cleveland improved to 37-1 at Quicken Loans Arena, tying a franchise record for home wins.

“That's good, but you have to win big games on the road if you want to win championships,” Tony Parker said. “It's good to play good at home, but at some point you have to win a big one on the road.”

wtf parker first the okc diss and now this shit. Can ESPN please stop asking him questions

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:19 AM
manu should have said he was sore before the game publically now he is playing the card because he sucked ass today

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:20 AM
wtf parker first the okc diss and now this shit. Can ESPN please stop asking him questions

tp speaks the truth

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2009, 12:20 AM
manu should have said he was sore before the game publically now he is playing the card because he sucked ass today
yeah, yeah
Shut up already.

tp2021
04-06-2009, 12:21 AM

Damn ESPN! Has Mason been the same since that reporter called him the wrong name? That's why he isn't playing like RMJ anymore! It's like voodoo!

Trainwreck2100
04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
tp speaks the truth

that's true maybe if he was capable of getting up for OKC they would actually beat them this year

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
spurs do not have to beat okc to win it all
spurs got swepted by cavs and swepted them in the playoffs

DPG21920
04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Did I get deleted? I wasn't hatin'

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Did I get deleted? I wasn't hatin'

Your post was quoting someone who got deleted. So yes, you got deleted too.

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 12:27 AM
This sucks. :td

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2009, 12:27 AM

I agree, :lol their home record is better than our s that one Championship year where we only lost 3 at home--give credit where credit is due, ...funny though.

Too much info: Cleveland coach Mike Brown is so meticulous that he's been known to iron his socks before tipoff.

Popovich, who had Brown on his staff from 2000-03, recalls witnessing some of his former assistant's more obsessive-compulsive habits firsthand.

“Nobody else could take a shower when he was in there,” Popovich said. “However long it would take you to shower, it takes him three times as long. He needed not one, but three or four wash rags to get through that shower. Which I thought was quite odd.”

:vomit:

timvp
04-06-2009, 12:34 AM
1) This sucks.

2) I wish Manu wasn't so open about his injuries to the public. Look how Duncan is handling his injury and follow that model. Giving free info out there that you're gimpy allows other teams to figure out how to guard him. Talk about it in your Facebook or to the Argentina press but not to easily accessible sources. Thanks.

3) At this point, Manu has to play no matter what. You can't rest him until the playoffs because he'd be totally out of rhythm. It's either shut him down for the season or keep playing.

4) :depressed

Trainwreck2100
04-06-2009, 12:36 AM
1) This sucks.

2) I wish Manu wasn't so open about his injuries to the public. Look how Duncan is handling his injury and follow that model. Giving free info out there that you're gimpy allows other teams to figure out how to guard him. Talk about it in your Facebook or to the Argentina press but not to easily accessible sources. Thanks.

3) At this point, Manu has to play no matter what. You can't rest him until the playoffs because he'd be totally out of rhythm. It's either shut him down for the season or keep playing.

he should use twitter and not facebook

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 12:38 AM
1) Go Spurs Go!!!

or

2) Anybody but Kobe

Looks like its option 2 from here on out....:(

ElNono
04-06-2009, 12:40 AM
1) This sucks.

I would wait to see what the docs say. He said it was 'a little sore' also. Not 'It hurts like hell'.
I'm an optimist, plus I know Manu is a warrior and will play. And this year he should be more fresh than last season. Just as long as he's not on the brink of a fracture or something like that, I think he'll be fine.

J.T.
04-06-2009, 12:41 AM
:depressed I should've enjoyed that '07 Championship even more than I did, the future looks bleek

I started celebrating that championship when Dallas lost to Golden State.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 12:45 AM
I started celebrating that championship when Dallas lost to Golden State.

Man, was that THE season or what?

thekingrobert
04-06-2009, 12:48 AM
all i can do is sigh

Das Texan
04-06-2009, 12:57 AM
:pctoss

:sick

crc21209
04-06-2009, 12:58 AM
He's probably just feeling normal soreness off playing 36 mins in Indiana then having a day off on Saturday. It's normal to feel soreness when you come off not playing for a couple months you know.

TMTTRIO
04-06-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm not going to panic yet until I see what the doctors say. Last time he had soreness he really never told anyone about it and let it go on for about a month before they discovered his stress reaction. This time he's probably being very cautious about every little pain or soreness in that ankle. We'll see though. The weird thing is he never said a thing about it on his facebook page tonight.

SpursFan0728
04-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Why does our all stars alway get injured but not our veterns? ie Finley and Vaughn?

timvp
04-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Sadly, if Manu is shut down, it'd be a fitting way to end what has been just been a weird season.

But yeah, hopefully the doctors say nothing is wrong and Manu and Duncan get back to 100%, Pop re-emerges from his own orifice and the Spurs roll to a championship :drunk

ElNono
04-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Like I said 20 games ago, we should have shut down TD and Manu developed Mase and Hill gone into the lottery and got a high pick to add to our roster who could help next year, hey could u imagine if we won the lottery and could get Griffen to go with TD.

Instead we are gonna get kicked out in round one, which will either kill this team or give us some spark to go hard next year. Right now I see big changes comming in SA like it or not, this team is done without a roster overhaul.

What makes you think Pop will play ANY lottery pick, considering Finley plays over 30 mpg, and Jacque Vaughn plays over Hill? The whole draft/rookie thing is a fantasy.

crc21209
04-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Sadly, if Manu is shut down, it'd be a fitting way to end what has been just been a weird season.

But yeah, hopefully the doctors say nothing is wrong and Manu and Duncan get back to 100%, Pop re-emerges from his own orifice and the Spurs roll to a championship :drunk

It's probably just normal soreness from getting back into more and more playing time.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 01:08 AM
sadly, if manu is shut down, it'd be a fitting way to end what has been just been a weird season.

But yeah, hopefully the doctors say nothing is wrong and manu and duncan get back to 100%, pop re-emerges from his own orifice and the spurs roll to a championship :drunk

believe

E20
04-06-2009, 01:17 AM

:drunk

Perfect emoticon for the latter half of the post LLOL.

Rogue
04-06-2009, 01:25 AM
the doctors just help him make his injury look more real a little bit.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2009, 02:06 AM

What, you didn't want to win the lotto also?

baseline bum
04-06-2009, 02:20 AM

Or Finley plays like he did in that 2001 series with Utah. :lol

Pop seems to be banking on it. :depressed

Capt Bringdown
04-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Is it against the rules to criticize Manu?
Moreover, what constitutes hating? Stating an opinion different from your own?
Emotional, these Manu fans.
Me, I'm a Spurs fan.

sonic21
04-06-2009, 03:37 AM
He was on his way to meet with the Spurs' medical staff to determine whether the stiffness he felt in his right ankle during the team's 101-81 loss to Cleveland was anything to be alarmed about.

“I was a little sore,” Ginobili said. “I played a lot of minutes (Friday) in Indiana, with not much rest in between. I really don't know the reason it was sore. I'll talk to the doctors, and we'll see. I want to see if it's normal or not.”

:pctoss

onarollbaby
04-06-2009, 03:45 AM
We're a walking wounded team. Its gonna be all heart from here till the play offs.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 04:44 AM
Is it against the rules to criticize Manu?
Moreover, what constitutes hating? Stating an opinion different from your own?
Emotional, these Manu fans.
Me, I'm a Spurs fan.

No it's just against the rules to behave like ducks was.

And are you calling me a Manu fan? Most of the time people are accusing me of hating him. :lol

Bruno
04-06-2009, 04:55 AM
While Manu's stiffness could be because he hasn't played for more than one month, it could also be because the stress reaction/fracture is back. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he is done for the year. :depressed

timvp
04-06-2009, 05:05 AM
While Manu's stiffness could be because he hasn't played for more than one month, it could also be because the stress reaction/fracture is back. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he is done for the year. :depressed

What I wonder is if they look at it and the stress reaction has worsened, do they let him play on it and hope it doesn't turn into a fracture or would they shut him down and not even tempt fate? I guess it depends on whether or not the stress fracture would be career-jeopardizing or something that would heal completely in the offseason.

Bruno
04-06-2009, 05:46 AM
What I wonder is if they look at it and the stress reaction has worsened, do they let him play on it and hope it doesn't turn into a fracture or would they shut him down and not even tempt fate? I guess it depends on whether or not the stress fracture would be career-jeopardizing or something that would heal completely in the offseason.

I don't think they will let him play if they are almost sure that the stress reaction will turn into a stress fracture after few games.

kace
04-06-2009, 06:42 AM
was my post deleted ? if that's the case, i just can't believe it.:rollin

saying that i can't stand no more to worry about manu's health is forbidden ? :downspin:

urunobili
04-06-2009, 07:19 AM
hopefully it is just soreness and nothing to new see is there...

things to consider

1) When he was hurting he didn't tell the Doctors when the stress fracture was starting to get worse. He did so after it REALLY hurt
2) I prefer for him to say it now rather than (yet again) wait until it has gotten to the point he has to be in crutches
3) We shouldn;t be freaking out out of a McDonald's report
4) That's all... :wakeup

MaNuMaNiAc
04-06-2009, 07:56 AM

saying that i can't stand no more to worry about manu's health is forbidden ? :downspin:

Stop trying to play stupid kace. Nobody is buying it.

kace
04-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Stop trying to play stupid kace. Nobody is buying it.

i'm bored with all these discussions about manu's health and about wondering if he'll be ready for PO or not. like it or not. same old thing.

i definitely knows that's it's not his fault. he's without a doubt a great and fearless competitor and is surely the first one depressed with the situation.

i really hope he will be fine and that this pain was a false alarm because i know for sure what a good manu can bring to this team.

but god, him and his fans complaining about his health status is becoming annoying. Tim has played, and still plays, hampered and we've never heard half the things we hear about manu.

if he's ready to play healthy, he plays and it would be a bless for this team.
if he has to play injured and hampered, let him play and no one should complain about him since he would be doing his best.
if he can't play, it would be a shame but let's play without him and try our best.

but stop this bs. Two straight years of "if manu was healthy, we would have won the title" would be too much for me.

ploto
04-06-2009, 09:10 AM
that's true maybe if he was capable of getting up for OKC they would actually beat them this year

Pacers beat them yesterday by 20! :lol

And yeah, not a good quote from TP.

ploto
04-06-2009, 09:12 AM

If they shut him down, then we'll know how bad Tim is hurting, too.

TMTTRIO
04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
but stop this bs. Two straight years of "if manu was healthy, we would have won the title" would be too much for me.

actually it's been a year. Manu was pretty healthy last year and was having the best season ever as a Spur.

Dex
04-06-2009, 10:06 AM
:smchode:

TheManFromAcme
04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Manu was definitely having a great year last season.
I know this topic has been "threaded" to death but it really looks like Manu's choice to play in last years olympics is really haunting the Spurs now.

I mentioned it on another thread that this Spurs team is/was a 55+ plus or more win team if it not have been with all those injuries with Tim (chronic), Manu and Tony.

Well, here's hoping that Manu is o.k. Dude deserves to play.

kace
04-06-2009, 10:15 AM
actually it's been a year. Manu was pretty healthy last year and was having the best season ever as a Spur.

two years of PO i mean.

and yes, i would LIKE to have the 08 RS manu. it seems so far away right now.

and the worse thing is that i truly think that he has still inside him this kind of basketball. but his health issues are just so annoying.

tlongII
04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm LMAO at Parker! I guess the Cavs blowing out the Spurs in San Antonio wasn't good enough for him?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM

Or maybe he's playing it because he's sore.

Manu doesn't have to make excuses for his play, he's not French.

kace
04-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Or maybe he's playing it because he's sore.

Manu doesn't have to make excuses for his play, he's not French.

hey, i found one thing more stupid than the manu vs tony thing.
the argentine vs french thing.

porscha
04-06-2009, 11:34 AM
ManuGinobili De nuevo en SA despues de un viaje matador. 3hs de retraso en Chicago por tormenta de nieve y termine llegando a casa a las 3am! Contra OKC no iba a jugar igual, aun no puedo jugar en dias consecutivos. Ahora clinica y mas chequeos...35 minutes ago

MaNuMaNiAc
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
hey, i found one thing more stupid than the manu vs tony thing.
the argentine vs french thing.

Aggie is not Argie, hence I don't think it has anything to do with the whole Argie vs French thing. Though I do agree that has to be one of the dumbest by products of this whole bullshit feud.

urunobili
04-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Manu on FB 35 min ago:

Again here in San Antonio after a killer flight. 3 hours snow delay in Chicago and ended up getting home around 3am. Against OKC i wasn't going to play anyway because i'm not cleared to play in back to backs yet. Now to the clinic and to do some additional exams.

kace
04-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Aggie is not Argie, hence I don't think it has anything to do with the whole Argie vs French thing. Though I do agree that has to be one of the dumbest by products of this whole bullshit feud.

oops, my bad.

i still don't like the ones who, when we talk about manu, and disagree with one's member post, feel the need to bash tp or here the whole french when it has anything to do with the thread. and vice versa (ducks....).

porscha
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Manu on FB 35 min ago:

Again here in San Antonio after a killer flight. #hours snow delay in Chicago and ended up getting home around 3am. Against OKC i wasn't going to play anyway because i'm not cleared to play in back to backs yet. Now to the clinic and to do some additional exams.

thanks urunobili

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

urunobili
04-06-2009, 11:48 AM
thanks urunobili

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

the thing that scares me a lil bit is that this wasn't a back to back... :(

crc21209
04-06-2009, 12:00 PM

I THINK what he might mean by that is that we play Tuesday at OKC then again Wednesday at home vs. Portland. So maybe he means it like that, that he cant play both of those games back 2 back. So he can only play one, the obvious choice being Portland.

porscha
04-06-2009, 12:01 PM

Tue 07 @ Oklahoma City
Wed 08 vs Portland

back to back ?

the thing that scares me is he NEEDED to do more exams:wow

lefty
04-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Tony bashing the Cavs

I like it :tu

urunobili
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
porscha... exams are just for the sake of being EXTRA cautious :)

mytespurs
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM

I don't have a problem with that statement because it's true...imho, Cleveland has yet to show they can win against the top teams on the road (LA, Boston). They have to be able to win a game or two on the opponents homecourt if they're going to win a championship...i.e. the Lakers have shown, albeit it earlier in the season, that they can beat the top teams in the east at home and on the road.
As our local paper's periodical columnist Mark Heilser noted, Cleveland seems to need home advantage moreso than the other top teams. I would love to see LeBron win a championship......but I'm wary of Cleveland until they can win a big game on the road.

DAF86
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
If is nothing too serious he'll play through it like in last year's playoffs and this season before the stress reaction, the thing is: Would that be the most intelligent thing to do?

Bruno
I guess Manu will have a MRI in SA today to know what is the exact cause of the stiffness. Let's hope it's just because he is rusty and not because of a stress reaction of the fibula.

http://www.armedtoserve.com/Photography/BoyAndHisDogPraying_jessebearsmom-comcast.net_courtesy_www.pgaa.com.jpg

mytespurs
Manu was definitely having a great year last season.
I know this topic has been "threaded" to death but it really looks like Manu's choice to play in last years olympics is really haunting the Spurs now.

I mentioned it on another thread that this Spurs team is/was a 55+ plus or more win team if it not have been with all those injuries with Tim (chronic), Manu and Tony.

Well, here's hoping that Manu is o.k. Dude deserves to play.

Question: didn't Manu have this ankle problem last year which was furtther exacberated in the 2007 playoffs?

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Tony bashing the Cavs

I like it :tu

What did he say?

mytespurs
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
It's not fair to bash Manu for being sore after coming off an injury. So try to control yourself, haters. (And yes, I did delete four posts in row. Don't make me waste my time tending to this crap.)

Thanks! Manu, among others (Pop, Udoka, et. al) is an easy target when things are going well for the team.

duncan228
04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
What did he say?

DPG21920
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
People always overreact to this stuff. What Tony said is true and it is not knocking what the Cavs have done.

Also, let me get this straight, Manu is undergoing more test and is questionable for tomorrow's game?

quentin_compson
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
People always overreact to this stuff. What Tony said is true and it is not knocking what the Cavs have done.

Also, let me get this straight, Manu is undergoing more test and is questionable for tomorrow's game?

As far as I know, it seems quite certain that he won't play tomorrow.

porscha
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
porscha... exams are just for the sake of being EXTRA cautious :)

I really really hope so.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
You're the boss but it just seems like you clamp down on Spurs fans while you let non spurs fans let it fly with insults and 'hating'.

:lol Okay, whatever.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Question: didn't Manu have this ankle problem last year which was furtther exacberated in the 2007 playoffs?

No. That was the other ankle, and a different injury at that. That's the one he had surgery on during the summer, and has healed properly, it seems.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
:lol Okay, whatever.

Mom, Sequ is being mean! :lol

timvp
04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
So Manu's not playing next game. I'm guessing Tim won't play because of the impending back to back. So it might be Parker @ OKC. And if that's the case, chances are the Spurs lose yet again to OKC.

Fantastic.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Your post wasn't deleted. The only people deleted were ducks and anyone quoting ducks.

porscha
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Your post wasn't deleted. The only people deleted were ducks and anyone quoting ducks.

Kori you are my hero:p::cheer

kace
04-06-2009, 01:35 PM

well, sorry then, i was sure i posted it. since i was just saying manu's injuries made me mad, i really didn't understood.

my bad, again.

Brutalis
04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Stay positive guys. Nothing is set in stone yet.

BigVee
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
So Manu's not playing next game. I'm guessing Tim won't play because of the impending back to back. So it might be Parker @ OKC. And if that's the case, chances are the Spurs lose yet again to OKC.

Fantastic.

I am actually thinking they may play better and Pop will have fewer players to F around with. He won't be trying to "prep" anyone for the PO's. Less for everyone to think about...just go and play. I think they will beat OKC without Manu and Tim.

roycrikside
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
if he has to play injured and hampered, let him play and no one should complain about him since he would be doing his best.

You'll forgive me if I don't believe you. Plenty of people on Spurstalk (including you) have bashed Ginobili to death for his playoff series against the Lakers last year, when he was playing injured and hampered and trying his best.

I believe you've written, recently, that Manu has "killed the team" or some such nonsense the last three playoffs in a row (which must mean the '07 team must have been really good, winning a title by overcoming such a huge liability in Manu...)

Unless the '05 playoff Manu returns and personally leads them to another title, people like you and Ducks will always talk shit and hate, so don't pretend to be so benevolent now.

urunobili
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Stay positive guys. Nothing is set in stone yet.

:tu

roycrikside
04-06-2009, 01:52 PM

About fucking time. This should've been done months ago. I hope he got a warning or something. I was starting to wonder if he had some incriminating pictures of you and the hubby.

Duncan2177
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I hate to say it but i wouldn't be surprised if Manu was traded this summer.

Walton Buys Off Me
04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Does anyone in the Spurs FO believe Manu Ginobili is capable of surviving a full 82 game season and being effective come playoff time?

iamdmann
04-06-2009, 02:22 PM

and before manu went out most recently he scored around 30 points in two or three straight games on a nearly broken leg. that kind of drive is great to see.

MmP
04-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Which would suck for the Spurs, cause he's not playing for Argentina this summer and we know what a rested Manu can do.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Does anyone in the Spurs FO believe Manu Ginobili is capable of surviving a full 82 game season and being effective come playoff time?

If he takes the summer off, I'm sure he will be.

He just plays way too much basketball and it takes its toll.

I'm sure if he recovers this summer, he'll at least be able to play in 70 games next season + the playoffs

Duncan2177
04-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Which would suck for the Spurs, cause he's not playing for Argentina this summer and we know what a rested Manu can do.

Yea thats true

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 03:00 PM
About fucking time. This should've been done months ago. I hope he got a warning or something. I was starting to wonder if he had some incriminating pictures of you and the hubby.

His posts (and excessive Manu-bashing from others) have been deleted before, it's nothing new.

Spurs Brazil
04-06-2009, 03:20 PM

Fantastic.

Since Manu is out I think TD out is also a good idea. Save them for the Blazers.

Let TP run the show and give minutes to Gooden and please let Bruce guard Durant.

Thunder sucks; we need to go there and blow them out.

DPG21920
04-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Since Manu is out I think TD out is also a good idea. Save them for the Blazers.

Let TP run the show and give minutes to Gooden and please let Bruce guard Durant.

Thunder sucks; we need to go there and blow them out.

:shootme

ducks
04-06-2009, 04:23 PM

I do not

ElNono
04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I do not

Good think you're not in the FO. :rolleyes

porscha
04-06-2009, 04:35 PM
ManuGinobili Hoy se puede decir que no es mi mejor día... Me voy a dormir una siesta reparadora y recuperar energías. Ya somos 3350, va queriendo. Una cosita, no se fastidien si sale algún zarpado diciendo cosas que no corresponden, es inevitable al hacer algo para todos. Sólo que alguien me avise. GRACIAS! -------------15 minutes ago

urunobili urunobili where are you?

DPG21920
Ducks: if Tony and Manu were in mortal danger, and you could only save one, who would you save and why?

crc21209
So I just saw the Power Rankings on ESPN and we dropped to 8th? WTF?!

1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Celtics
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets
7. Blazers
8. Spurs

Now I understand teams 1-5, but the Rockets and Blazers you gotta be kidding. They both have tougher schedules down the stretch, and have worse records right now than us. But of course ESPN is full of shit and puts us behind them. :tu :lol

DPG21920
04-06-2009, 04:37 PM

1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Celtics
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets
7. Blazers
8. Spurs

Now I understand teams 1-5, but the Rockets and Blazers you gotta be kidding. They both have tougher schedules down the stretch, and have worse records right now than us. But of course ESPN is full of shit and puts us behind them. :tu :lol

It is the truth. Look at how they are playing now vs how the Spurs are playing. Look at their last 10 games. Spurs were ahead when they were playing better, but now the Spurs are playing worse.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 04:38 PM
urunobili urunobili where are you?

You can say that today is not my best day... I'm gonna go take a nap to recharge energies. We're 3350 (in the facebook group), it's adding up. One thing, don't get upset if somebody (ducks) shows up saying things that are inappropriate, it's inevitable when you're on a public space like this. Somebody just let me know. THANKS!

EDIT: ok... the (ducks) wasn't in the original... :lol

porscha
04-06-2009, 04:40 PM

1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Celtics
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets
7. Blazers
8. Spurs

great...let the # 8 beat the # 1 this year again:lol:lol:lol

crc21209
04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
You can say that today is not my best day... I'm gonna go take a nap to recharge energies. We're 3350 (in the facebook group), it's adding up. One thing, don't get upset if somebody (ducks) shows up saying things that are inappropriate, it's inevitable when you're on a public space like this. Somebody just let me know. THANKS!

Well at least he didnt say I'm hurting or something hurts. He just said it wasnt his best day..and hes gonna take a nap to recharge energies.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, he's not the guy to be quiet, but then again, I don't know if he's allowed to say much. Let's hope for the best.

porscha
04-06-2009, 04:45 PM

thanks ElNono

Rodney De La Cruz = ducks :p:

why not a good day after the clinic???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow

mytespurs
04-06-2009, 04:55 PM

I would and I hope not! :wow