PDA

View Full Version : Reality Mode

spursfaninla
04-06-2009, 12:29 AM
I am in reality mode.

Either the Lakers or Cleveland will probably win the championship this year. Both of those teams looks like they are healthy in the right places, and are talented enough to win it.

The Spurs, if they were fully healthy, with their role players playing well, could be in the mix.

This game highlighted the reality of the situation.

The Spurs have been injured all season.

They are injured now.
Duncan is hurt. We don't know how much he will be able to give us this year. We don't know how much he will be able to give us from here on out.

Manu has had a small handful of games with the new recruits. He might still have something left in the tank, but he might not. It is unclear.

But, Parker is officially an all-star, not because of Duncan, but of his own merit, no question. :toast

Mason and Bonner and Hill, which were the players that were supposed to be making this team better, are AWOL.

Finley is playing well, but is a year older.

Bruce is no longer a rotation player (by coach decision)

Thomas is a vet gem that is giving all that we could hope.

IF the Spurs have a chance, it is with the role players hitting on all cylinders, with the Big three healthy. Both of those are not reality.

Sadly.

Now, the question is: what now. The Spurs will fight valiantly for a round, maybe two, until they hit a real team (Lakers). If they play like they are now, they lose in the first round.

I don't think Pop is up for blowing up the team, but I don't have faith in Manu or TD any more. Their bodies are done. But I don't think the team has the balls to do what would be needed to right the ship: probably trade either or both, get Wallace or Camby and a scoring sf, over the cap, to have the fire power to play the lakers or the cavs.

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:30 AM
did you think the rays would go as far as they did last year?

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I actually put 500$ the other day on the Celtics winning the title, and I'd be surprised if they didn't..the odds were surprisingly low, at least to me..

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 12:45 AM
George Gervin on this Spurs team:

"They dont quit. Them boys will fight you all the way to the end."

Damn. Lets go down fighting.......FTL.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 12:51 AM
the only thing that would make our elimination worse, is if the Lakers win the title..ugh..I don't know how I would take that..

Rogue
04-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Manu and TD played 48mins, combined. that reminds me of the game vs. denver earilier this season, in which Pop sidelined TD and Manu and Parker and lost to the nuggests. it's not proper to say the spurs lost that game intentionally as the second-squad players like Fin and Bonner tried their best to fight, Pop just let the spurs lose a game they were supposed to lose.

SpursPreacher
04-06-2009, 02:33 AM
I really do think the spurs just need one great win this week hopefully against the thunder to get the ball rolling again.I think a great performance can get it back on track.

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 05:06 AM
I still have the faith in spurs winning the championship. If not, the Cavs will. They are on fire, how they play its amazing.