PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

TDfan2007
04-06-2009, 12:32 AM
The Good:

Tony Parker - this guy is amazing. He makes scoring 20 points look effortless. Although his shot selection is questionable at times I still like him shooting close to 20 times a game. This team just doesn't have enough offensive firepower to justify Tony becomming the distributor that some Spurstalkers feel he should be.

Drew Gooden (kind of) - D is atrocious and he's a giant black hole on offense, but at least he can score down low. Which is more than I can say for Bonner, Thomas, and to some extent even Tim nowadays.

Kurt Thomas - solid in every meaning of the word.

The Bad:

Roger Mason Jr. - confidence is gone and he's probably beyond confused. Shooting slumps are no fun for shooters. Hasn't brought much else to the table other than hitting the occasional shot or two in a long time.

Matt Bonner - you want to love this goofy guy who looks nothing like a basketball player, but it's hard when he gets picked apart by opposing big men on a nightly basis. Gotta love the 3s though. He seems to be the only person who can hit one lately.

Our bench - not properly utilized and facing severe chemistry issues when mixed with the starters.

Tim Duncan - he's just not playing well. Confidence seems shot and hid jumper is flat due to the knees. 2nd half effectiveness has dropped off considerably since the injury popped up. Worst of all, his defense has been atrocious in almost every aspect except for rebounding. Bad timing, missed rotations, etc. Gone are the solid low post moves and footwork that defined his game. If he isn't getting easy layups or open jumpers he's become a liability on offense.

Manu Ginobili - still obviously hurting. Settles too much for 3s and isn't hitting them (see 2008 WCF vs. LA). Still the best pick and roll passer on the team though...and by a mile. Defense has been pretty bad.

Pop - this guy is lost. I'm not sure he knows what he's doing anymore. I almost expect Ashton Kutcher to pop out at some point with Pop and be like "you guys've just been punked!" but alas I doubt that'll happen. His rotations boggle the mind, guys don't know their roles, and his defensive schemes, especially on double teams, have been questionable at best. These last 15 games have been some of the worst coaching games of Pop's career not including any playoff games against Phil Jackson.

The Ugly

Michael Finley - the human version of a traffic cone gets close to 30 MPG some nights. Mind boggling. Rarely does he make use of those minutes. He has his hot streaks and is clutch, but for the most part he's garbage.

Ime Udoka - does anybody throw up more garbage than this guy. I've lost count of the airballs. Came in to be Bruce's heir. That sounds funny in retrospect...and sad.

Rogue
04-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Tim Duncan himself will do much more in a postseason game than what was done in the game vs. cavs by all of the big 3. Pop is a great coach.

Dingle Barry
04-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm officially in "just sit back and enjoy Tony Parker while I still can"-mode.

SpursFan0728
04-06-2009, 01:21 AM
The ugly is ugly indeed.

siraulo23
04-06-2009, 01:25 AM
The Ugly

Michael Finley - the human version of a traffic cone gets close to 30 MPG some nights. Mind boggling. Rarely does he make use of those minutes. He has his hot streaks and is clutch, but for the most part he's garbage.

Ime Udoka - does anybody throw up more garbage than this guy. I've lost count of the airballs. Came in to be Bruce's heir. That sounds funny in retrospect...and sad.

J Vaughn

TDfan2007
04-06-2009, 01:44 AM
at this point picking on Vaughn is just mean. At least he doesn't get a lot of playing time.

Pentagruel
04-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Dingle Barry, I love your sig haha. American Psycho is one of my favorite movies of all time hehe, and that scene is great :P

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-06-2009, 04:58 AM
I'm officially in "just sit back and enjoy Tony Parker while I still can"-mode.

That sounds like a good approach to me - enjoy Tony at his prime, and have no expectations about winning a damn thing from now on. Any win is a bonus.

Oh, and look forward to next season...

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Agreed, PArker and Gooden are doing great