PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pop Talk?.....it would not surprize me

Gervin44Silas13
04-06-2009, 06:48 AM
As stupid as it seems you know as I know dumb fans are gonna call for Pop's head. We've been banged up all year, the big three have played together in 30+ games. Our role players are STILL trying to find a role, and the focus is lost. Could it be the numerous expriments Pop is trying to do to snap this team out of it's funk, yes that is a possiblity. I feel we still have a good 2 to 3 runs left, but yes it is time to get young.

Pop and RC will get bashed on Pops Menabonsu, and Luis Scola..BAR NONE!!!!!

Tony has this team on his back, and whats up with the fans bashing him on local radio Ticket 760...it's absurd to think that!
It's been a BAD March, but we are still in the division lead AND over .500!!

I've seen good and bad teams come go and being a long time fan winning comes with losing.....but...some fans will start pointing fingers...it would not surpize me not at least one bit from all the bandwagon Spurs fans we have!!!!

Shit Happens!

spursfan1000
04-06-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't think I could be a Spurs fan if we started losing like this next season...I just can't watch my favorite team lose over and overs again. I just thought it was a little too late in the season to get a rotation going. Who could put JV in the game instead of Hill? I know JV is a veteran and all but Hill can learn from his mistakes alteast in the regular season then in the playoffs if he did good in the season can possibly get some playoff minutes. It's not all Pops fault, but the majority is he is the leader of this team. Tim Duncan hasnt been 100%, if we keep losing just rest Duncan.I'm a true Spurs fan, no other team I root for...but I can't and wont watch them lose on a daily basis, get out of the slump Spurs!:flag:

Muser
04-06-2009, 07:04 AM
I don't think I could be a Spurs fan if we started losing like this next season...I just can't watch my favorite team lose over and overs again. I just thought it was a little too late in the season to get a rotation going. Who could put JV in the game instead of Hill? I know JV is a veteran and all but Hill can learn from his mistakes alteast in the regular season then in the playoffs if he did good in the season can possibly get some playoff minutes. It's not all Pops fault, but the majority is he is the leader of this team. Tim Duncan hasnt been 100%, if we keep losing just rest Duncan.I'm a true Spurs fan, no other team I root for...but I can't and wont watch them lose on a daily basis, get out of the slump Spurs!:flag:

What kind of fan are you then?

spursfan1000
04-06-2009, 07:06 AM

A fan that can't watch his team lose...

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:17 AM
You're late. The fire Pop talk started about the time JV came in and didn't get pulled after the timeout.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:19 AM
.it would not surpize me not at least one bit from all the bandwagon Spurs fans we have!!!!

Gervin44Silas13

Gervin44Silas13
04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Teams win teams lose.......
I've seen those 21-61 seasons and they suck.... stand behind your team!!!
It's a marriage....good and bad, rich or poor, sickness and in health!!!!

JoeChalupa
04-06-2009, 08:00 AM
The fire pop talk happens every year.

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 08:01 AM

A fan that can't watch his team lose...

That's not a fan. It's normal for a team to win and to lose. You are a big shit fan if you only like your team when winning. :ihit

SenorSpur
04-06-2009, 08:15 AM
While I'm not a fan of his decision to bench George Hill and I do question a couple of his decisions here as of late, there's no other coach that I'd rather have coaching this team than Mr. Sarcastic. And if anyone thinks that Tim would play for another coach, you don't know your Spurs.

JoeChalupa
04-06-2009, 08:32 AM
While I'm not a fan of his decision to bench George Hill and I do question a couple of his decisions here as of late, there's no other coach that I'd rather have coaching this team than Mr. Sarcastic. And if anyone thinks that Tim would play for another coach, you don't know your Spurs.

I concur.

Rogue
04-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Pop has been coaching spurs since before they drafted Tim Duncan who is certainly the corner stone of this spurs team, although Tony Longoria has been playing decent games and he did a much better job yesterday even than Tim's and Manu's combined, Tim's dominant role on this team is still very steady.

Pop's role on spurs team is even more unshakable than Tim's. It's widely accepted by spurs fans that Tim Duncan will retire as a spur, so I believe Pop will also remain on spurs till he retires. Even after Duncan retires, I think Pop will still continue to work for spurs and rebuild the spurs team based on a new generation of young players.

It's very difficult to find a PF as good as Duncan around the league, and it's even more difficult to find a better coach than Pop IMHO. If Pop got fired, there wouldn't be too many candidates for spurs to choose from. and it has never been spurs way to take a gamble in hiring a coach with no experience of coaching NBA teams, so the availible coaches will be limited to JVG, Avery Johnson, Terry Porter, or Rick Carlisle who is gonna be fired by Donnie this summer, though Donnie himself is more deserving to be fired. among those candidates, JVG seems to fit the spurs best IMHO.

Evil Angel
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Come on, it's not Pop's fault that there were injuries.
Now messing with confidence of Mason and Hill, yepper, that's his bad.

Rogue
04-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Come on, it's not Pop's fault that there were injuries.
Now messing with confidence of Mason and Hill, yepper, that's his bad.
does it make you guys feel better to blame someone? it's just like those idiotic rockets fans I'm afraid. maybe some of you spurs fans will found a website where they can blame a culprit for everything, like www.blametracy.com (http://www.blametracy.com).

Indazone
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/Spurspics/nba_a_popovich_268.jpg

Doug Whiner
04-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Here we go again.