PDA

View Full Version : STOP the negativity!!!!

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Don't you all think that certain people on here should just stop the negative pessimistic crap all the time? I mean damnit, the spurs need our support now, more than ever, especially in such moments we need to support the team and be real fans. And all I see in here is, bitching and wining, all the negativity ruling, speaking about trades, firing pop etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

For all of the pop haters lately, have you all forgotten his accomplishments over the last years??? How can you now after so much good, be so harsh and negative on pop? I dont get it. He is the best we have, and we should really be glad with him as our coach.

Stop it, be a real fan, ACT like a real fan, and support your team thru thick and thin!!! That's a real fan, and not someone who only likes the team when they are winning. I know this season hasnt been all that bright and shiny, I know we have injuries and other complications, but what the heck!!

We need to support and have faith!!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:
:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast

Muser
04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I am a real fan, doesn't mean I can't criticise Pop for putting Finley on the leagues best scorer.

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Of course you can criticise, thats not the point, but we have people in here going far beyond criticising, talking about leaving, trading, just spitting poison on everything. Thats just BS.

SenorSpur
04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I am a real fan, doesn't mean I can't criticise Pop for putting Finley on the leagues best scorer.

:tu

Or for benching George Hill for no apparent reason.

Muser
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh right sorry I see your point. After nearly every loss Spurstalk goes like this. If some people on this forum where in the FO Parker/Gino/Duncan would of been traded months ago, Pop would of been fired and we'd be near the bottom of the west.

Edit : But Pop has downright sucked lately. Gino now has 2 bum ankles and Duncan has bum knees. I think the team will be reshaped a lot over the off season.

urunobili
04-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Pop has always won any kind of argument over the years... so he has my confidence... Bruce, Pop, TD Manu, TP... they have never dissapointed us when it matters most... i trust him... i guess i just need to re-adjust and not care too much anymore.. otherwise it is too much of an emotional roller coaster

SenorSpur
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Of course you can criticise, thats not the point, but we have people in here going far beyond criticising, talking about leaving, trading, just spitting poison on everything. Thats just BS.

Agree. That's going too far. All of us are fans and we're passionate about wanting to see the team succeed. We're also pretty pissed when the team fails. I know I am. Usually, there are many things to criticize. Yet, firing the coach, the prospect of unrealistic trades or waiving players are usually not realistic options. It's always important to try and work in some perspective.

JudynTX
04-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Don't you all think that certain people on here should just stop the negative pessimistic crap all the time? I mean damnit, the spurs need our support now, more than ever, especially in such moments we need to support the team and be real fans. And all I see in here is, bitching and wining, all the negativity ruling, speaking about trades, firing pop etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

For all of the pop haters lately, have you all forgotten his accomplishments over the last years??? How can you now after so much good, be so harsh and negative on pop? I dont get it. He is the best we have, and we should really be glad with him as our coach.

Stop it, be a real fan, ACT like a real fan, and support your team thru thick and thin!!! That's a real fan, and not someone who only likes the team when they are winning. I know this season hasnt been all that bright and shiny, I know we have injuries and other complications, but what the heck!!

Nice try, but soon this thread will be filled with negativity. :)

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Nice try, but soon this thread will be filled with negativity. :)

Yeah, im afraid you are right :lol

JudynTX
04-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Keep the faith! :toast

Dr. Gonzo
04-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Shut up stupid!

JudynTX
04-06-2009, 10:58 AM

We need more Spurs fans like you. :)

new_N_town
04-06-2009, 11:01 AM
i wore my duncan jersey and boy was i subject to public ridicule and humiliation last nite a weak fan wud take that shit off but i did not . i have the faith to belive in my team!!!!!!! GSG

4down
04-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I wonder if this whole "seeing the team as family" effect has anything to do with the level of negativity many show for a proven winner. I can see guys saying the coach is an idiot or a bum if they are 13-56, but there are just high expectations here. Criticism is good, necessary, but I guess it's also just a message board - people have the right to voice their opinions... It's interesting to see people freak out the way they do when things aren't 100% If you're an optimist, as I am, you have to admit that the Spurs haven't looked like world beaters lately. But to all those pessimists out there, it may not look so hot right now, and they ain't exactly chopped liver. They just have to keep pounding the rock, as the mantra has gone.

But people are negative on these boards for the same reason every youtube comments section devolves into an online war of words. People love to fight and piss and moan over the interwebs. It's easier than actually doing, you know, stuff.

GSG

Fabbs
04-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I think we should form a "PollyAnna Poppers Club".

We could meet and bake cinamin buns with sweet cream frosting, and talk about all the positive things Pop has done and continues to do.

He has won 4 titles, you know.

Horse
04-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Everyone is talking about how bad we are now and I know yesterday was'nt pretty. But we've been hurt all year and still have a legit shot at the two seed. Only reason the nuggets have it is their sorry-ass division. So let's not lose hope just yet.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM

Agreed 100%. I've done a few of these threads myself...We need to believe in our team and our coach....

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I wonder if this whole "seeing the team as family" effect has anything to do with the level of negativity many show for a proven winner. I can see guys saying the coach is an idiot or a bum if they are 13-56, but there are just high expectations here. Criticism is good, necessary, but I guess it's also just a message board - people have the right to voice their opinions... It's interesting to see people freak out the way they do when things aren't 100% If you're an optimist, as I am, you have to admit that the Spurs haven't looked like world beaters lately. But to all those pessimists out there, it may not look so hot right now, and they ain't exactly chopped liver. They just have to keep pounding the rock, as the mantra has gone.

But people are negative on these boards for the same reason every youtube comments section devolves into an online war of words. People love to fight and piss and moan over the interwebs. It's easier than actually doing, you know, stuff.

GSG

True, criticism is good and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, I dont mind that. But its just stupid and big BS that after a couple bad results, people who call themselves fans are giving up on the team, only love the spurs when they win, start insulting and saying crap.

Dont lose the faith all:toast

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I think we should form a "PollyAnna Poppers Club".

We could meet and bake cinamin buns with sweet cream frosting, and talk about all the positive things Pop has done and continues to do.

He has won 4 titles, you know.

I hate to say I agree with Fabbs, but...

bigkevrocks31
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
thank you finally someone had the guts to say it!
fans the team needs support! stop being negative about everytinhg

braeden0613
04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
It's not like posting negative thoughts changes the outcome of future games. I doubt tim is going to log on to spurstalk and decide to throw the next few games....it doesn't really matter

bigkevrocks31
04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
It's not like posting negative thoughts changes the outcome of future games. I doubt tim is going to log on to spurstalk and decide to throw the next few games....it doesn't really matter

its about spreading bad karma
being so negative has the fans thinking we will lose before the game even starts

JudynTX
04-06-2009, 01:20 PM

Tim doesn't need to log in to read the negativity, he can lurk. :wakeup

braeden0613
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
its about spreading bad karma
being so negative has the fans thinking we will lose before the game even starts
How does that effect the actual game? I realize there is alot of superstition in sports, but good lord negativity on spurstalk means absolutely nothing.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
How does that effect the actual game? I realize there is alot of superstition in sports, but good lord negativity on spurstalk means absolutely nothing.
Let me ask you a question. When you wake up in the morning, and you're in a shitty mood, what kind of day do you expect to have? You wake up, you're pissed, maybe you stub your toe on your nightstand by your bed. You're going to have a shitty day. If you wake up in a good mood, and you're happy, and you're confident, you'll have a much better day. Well, when someone comes in here and says the Spurs SUCK, and Pop SUCKS, and we CAN'T WIN, and Finley SUCKS, they're stubbing our FUCKING TOE!!!

sananspursfan21
04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
okay, go spurs!

Duncan2177
04-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Pop and Finley sucks, GO SPURS :flag:

braeden0613
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Let me ask you a question. When you wake up in the morning, and you're in a shitty mood, what kind of day do you expect to have? You wake up, you're pissed, maybe you stub your toe on your nightstand by your bed. You're going to have a shitty day. If you wake up in a good mood, and you're happy, and you're confident, you'll have a much better day. Well, when someone comes in here and says the Spurs SUCK, and Pop SUCKS, and we CAN'T WIN, and Finley SUCKS, they're stubbing our FUCKING TOE!!!
Yeah i hear that..make sense but this is about the fans not the players. Obviously if the players all woke up and said they are going to lose because they suck we would have a problem.

iamdmann
04-06-2009, 02:43 PM
people that start shouting that pop needs to be fired or that manu needs to be traded (which has been a common overreaction for the past few years) aren't offering what i would consider intelligent criticism. but there are always going to be people offering dumb ideas when they don't know enough about whatever it is they're dumping on. so yeah, go after them, they've earned it.

but if somebody has an intelligent complaint about something and shares it here, too many people go crazy and start with the 'you're not a fan' nonsense. pop has won four championships so he has a plan and he's always right, imho, offers nothing to the discussion. when we start bitching about bowen and hill not getting enough time and screaming about jacque and ime being in the game too much, tell us why we're wrong. but that implies that any of us are willing to admit that we are wrong.

that said, the trolls are idiots.

SpursDynasty
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
It's a schizophrenic forum. If we win, we're elite. If we lose, we're done and Pop should be fired. That's why I mostly post in the NBA Forum.

aka_USAPA
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Got to love the enthusiasm of Spurs fans but there is such thing as reality. Time has passed the Spurs by. Just look at how they were blown away by the Cavs yesterday. In the past, the Spurs would have so much pride and not let something like this happen. Now, they are just getting run down by the Cavs, the Lakers. They have been figured out, old, and they have a bunch of has beens who have their best days behind them. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Spurs need to do something to get younger. They need to get healthy quick or they will have a very short playoffs. I hate to bring this up but the "odd year" myth is just that, a myth. It will be clear that is so this year.

tlongII
04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
*Believe*

tlongII
04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
:lmao

SPURS50
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
The negativity stops when Finley doesn't play 30+ minutes. I can't believe that fossil plays these kind of minutes. Can't believe it!

crc21209
04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Got to love the enthusiasm of Spurs fans but there is such thing as reality. Time has passed the Spurs by. Just look at how they were blown away by the Cavs yesterday. In the past, the Spurs would have so much pride and not let something like this happen. Now, they are just getting run down by the Cavs, the Lakers. They have been figured out, old, and they have a bunch of has beens who have their best days behind them. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Spurs need to do something to get younger. They need to get healthy quick or they will have a very short playoffs. I hate to bring this up but the "odd year" myth is just that, a myth. It will be clear that is so this year.

You're a jackass. The Spurs blew about 3 games by 20 points or so to playoff teams around the same time last year.

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
You're a jackass. The Spurs blew about 3 games by 20 points or so to playoff teams around the same time last year.

The problem is, they are losing or just sneaking by non-playoff teams...in addition to being blown out by good teams. Last year's team didn't do that during the stretch run.

Keepin' it real
04-06-2009, 05:26 PM

We need to support and have faith!!!!!!

Your definition of a fan is not the same as everyone else's. I'm a huge Spurs fan. I watch them more than anyone I know. BUT, I am negative about the current state of affairs. The writing's on the wall. The Spurs best days are definitely behind them. Many of us feel this way. We're not bad fans. We're realistic. We're entitled to feel that way, so stop telling us how we should act. :nope

I'll forever lament the fact that we came within one Ginobili foul on Dirk from three-peating and shutting up all the critics who claim the Spurs were not a dynasty. I know that without #20, the Spurs likely don't win in '05 or '07, but now that the magical ride is ending, boy, that three-peat would have been nice.:depressed

I'll continue to cheer for the Spurs, buy playoff tickets and hope they win the :lobt2:, but I don't expect them too.

Keepin' it real ... out.

Keepin' it real
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't you all think that certain people on here should just stop the negative pessimistic crap all the time? I mean damnit, the spurs need our support now, more than ever, especially in such moments we need to support the team and be real fans. ...

Errr, uhhh, is it OK if we're negative now? :wakeup