PDA

View Full Version : NY Yankees

Betsy
04-06-2009, 11:07 AM
GO YANKEES GO
My favorite team always, win or lose don't care!

dirk4mvp
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
lol orioles

Strike
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Yankee$ got owned. :lol

Udokafan05
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm a yankees fan, and was suprised how Sabathia had no control today. I'm not worried about him since he got off to slow start last season, but i thought he would be better today.

Melmart1
04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Fuck the Yankees ... I hope Sabathia is a failure there. Oh, and fuck you, Mark Teixeira!

bostonguy
04-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Nice to see the Yanks spend all that money only to be getting the same results. The Joe Torre curse is in play for year 2 already. Yanks must break that curse to attempt to break the playoff series drought curse the red sox put on em in 2004. Damn sounds like they have their work cut out for them.:lmao:lmao

sribb43
04-07-2009, 07:57 AM
The O's fans really gave it to Tex..I guess they were hurt bc Tex didnt want to go play in Baltimore of all places :lol

IronMexican
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Fuck the Yankees and this store bough World Series they are trying to win.

K-State Spur
04-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm a yankees fan, and was suprised how Sabathia had no control today. I'm not worried about him since he got off to slow start last season, but i thought he would be better today.

Command isn't a big deal in April. Sabathia struggled to find the plate early last year and had one of the best years in all of baseball.

However, you may want to raise an eyebrow to the fact that his velocity was a bit down and he wasn't fooling anybody (only 4 swing & misses all game) even when he was around the plate. This, despite the fact that the birds started 3 lefties and 3 more switch hitters for whom the right side is their weaker side of the plate.

Can't base anything off one start - but makes for good forum conversation.

K-State Spur
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
The O's fans really gave it to Tex..I guess they were hurt bc Tex didnt want to go play in Baltimore of all places :lol

It's because he's from there and has said that his dream was to play for the O's...then it became obvious that he (and Boras) were just using the Birds to leverage a bigger deal from the Yanks & Sox.

No harm for anybody to want the biggest deal - but don't expect your hometown to take being used as leverage too kindly.

Strike
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM

They haven't been able to buy one. They've been tryling since 2001. Hasn't happened.

Whisky Dog
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Jeter is now the old superstar face of the team curse for the Yankees. He's no longer productive but you just can sit Mr. Yankee or the fans will revolt. Too many big egos feeling too much pressure to win. It's bound to collapse.

crc21209
04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Fuck the Yankees! I'm glad that fat boy Sabathia was trash yesterday. They're the same old Yankees...buying all the players they can. Go Sox!

K-State Spur
04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Fuck the Yankees! I'm glad that fat boy Sabathia was trash yesterday. They're the same old Yankees...buying all the players they can. Go Sox!

Sox fans lost the high road to complain about the Yanks spending money a long time ago. Just because they chose to be fiscally responsible the last couple years doesn't change that.

Yeah, they don't spend as much as the Yanks, but there have been seasons where the gap between the NYY and BOS payrolls is smaller than that between BOS and the #3 team.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Sox fans lost the high road to complain about the Yanks spending money a long time ago. Just because they chose to be fiscally responsible the last couple years doesn't change that.

Yeah, they don't spend as much as the Yanks, but there have been seasons where the gap between the NYY and BOS payrolls is smaller than that between BOS and the #3 team.

The Sox still dont spend as much money as the Yankees. Sure they spend SOME money...but of course if you have it of course you're going to use it. Plus the Red Sox have the best farm system in the MLB. Pedroia, Ellsbury, and Lowrie were all bred and built within the Sox organization, not bought like all the Yankess players are.

florige
04-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Ughhh this is where our rotation gets scary bad now. Hendrickson? The bullpen might was well get ready for a long day when we are playing Tampa. I will be highly surprised if he makes it 3 innings against the lineup.

i LUV da SpURZ
04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
i got ticketz for da home opener. :} da new stadium iz wayyyyyy bettta

go BronX BomBErzzz..

K-State Spur
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
The Sox still dont spend as much money as the Yankees. Sure they spend SOME money...but of course if you have it of course you're going to use it. Plus the Red Sox have the best farm system in the MLB. Pedroia, Ellsbury, and Lowrie were all bred and built within the Sox organization, not bought like all the Yankess players are.

the Yanks actually have more homegrown players in their opening day lineup (5) than the Red Sox did (4).

Not that I'm arguing that the Yanks don't buy their players - only that BOTH of you buy their players. The difference is that the Red Sox have been quite a bit better the last couple of years, so they have been more content to stand pat.

As is though, with the exception Pedroia, most of the bats & arms that the Red Sox have leaned on in recent years have come from outside the organization.

Not faulting you, but it's hypocrisy for Red Sox fans to bitch about the Yankees spending like the rest of us.

K-State Spur
04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
i got ticketz for da home opener. :} da new stadium iz wayyyyyy bettta

go BronX BomBErzzz..

I want to know who will be sitting in the boxes. I don't care how much money I had, there's no team (not the Orioles, Spurs, Wildcats, or Redskins) that I would pay $2500 for on principle.

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
It pains me to say it, but Red Sox fans have become almost as douchey as Yankees fans. Of course, I don't mean all fans, there are some fine individuals in both fan bases. But as a collective group, I really dislike them lately. And this is coming from someone who counts a few Sox fans as friends and who rooted for the team for years when they were 'cursed'. I haven't had the heart to root for them in awhile now and that is mostly due to their fans.

Oh, and the Rangers have the best farm system in baseball right now. If you mean overall and not just the season, I would still argue that you are wrong about the Red Sox being number one. But that is a prime example of what I mean by the fan base becoming douchey. What crc said is exactly the type of thing that a Yankees fan would say. Success has made you become what you supposedly hate. Congratulations.

Kriz-Maxima
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm a Yankee fan, and I'll accept all the shit any fan has to spew about the faults of the Yankees as an organization and their fans, because it is, more usually than not, true. Every fan, but the Red Sox fan, because that would be just hypocrisy.The Yankees and the Red Sox are the same kind of organization, the only difference is that in the late years one has had more success than the other at it.

K-State Spur
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
You did see a large number of bandwagon red sox fans come out of the woodwork who felt that they were in the clear for being bandwagoners simply because they didn't root for the yankees.

That's starting to be true of Cubs fans now.

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 05:06 PM
You did see a large number of bandwagon red sox fans come out of the woodwork who felt that they were in the clear for being bandwagoners simply because they didn't root for the yankees.

That's starting to be true of Cubs fans now.

Which is why I can't root for the Cubs, either. I always said that if the Red Sox ever won, I would start rooting for the Cubs since they were the other big perennial losers. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
the Yanks actually have more homegrown players in their opening day lineup (5) than the Red Sox did (4).

Not that I'm arguing that the Yanks don't buy their players - only that BOTH of you buy their players. The difference is that the Red Sox have been quite a bit better the last couple of years, so they have been more content to stand pat.

As is though, with the exception Pedroia, most of the bats & arms that the Red Sox have leaned on in recent years have come from outside the organization.

Not faulting you, but it's hypocrisy for Red Sox fans to bitch about the Yankees spending like the rest of us.

:lol at you making a big argument about who plays more homegrown players, when the difference is only one! :lmao

crc21209
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
It pains me to say it, but Red Sox fans have become almost as douchey as Yankees fans. Of course, I don't mean all fans, there are some fine individuals in both fan bases. But as a collective group, I really dislike them lately. And this is coming from someone who counts a few Sox fans as friends and who rooted for the team for years when they were 'cursed'. I haven't had the heart to root for them in awhile now and that is mostly due to their fans.

Oh, and the Rangers have the best farm system in baseball right now. If you mean overall and not just the season, I would still argue that you are wrong about the Red Sox being number one. But that is a prime example of what I mean by the fan base becoming douchey. What crc said is exactly the type of thing that a Yankees fan would say. Success has made you become what you supposedly hate. Congratulations.

You act like if you were not the GM of a team with a good amount of cash, you wouldnt try to go out and spend some money on some good players. Please. And dont even try to say or bring up that I'm a Sox bandwagon fan or something. I liked them way before the curse was broken in 04'. And it's not just a hate for the Yankees from me really, I just hate alot of big market teams. Lakers, Yankees, etc. They all get "showcased" like they're the best thing to happen to sports and they're not.

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
You act like if you were not the GM of a team with a good amount of cash, you wouldnt try to go out and spend some money on some good players. Please.

I am not "acting" like anything. I never even mentioned the Red Sox spending habits. I was speaking strictly about the fans. Stop making shit up.

And dont even try to say or bring up that I'm a Sox bandwagon fan or something.

I never accused you of bandwagoning, either. Complex, much?

crc21209
04-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I am not "acting" like anything. I never even mentioned the Red Sox spending habits. I was speaking strictly about the fans. Stop making shit up.

:sleep

crc21209
04-09-2009, 05:35 PM
OK so anyway...who's taking it this year people?

K-State Spur
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
:lol at you making a big argument about who plays more homegrown players, when the difference is only one! :lmao

What a moron. You said this:

Plus the Red Sox have the best farm system in the MLB. Pedroia, Ellsbury, and Lowrie were all bred and built within the Sox organization, not bought like all the Yankess players are.

I was simply showing you that the Yanks had as many homegrown players in the starting lineup.

I'm not saying that the Red Sox shouldn't be spending money, only that its completely hypocritical for their fans to play the "evil empire" card about the Yankees and baseball's economics like the rest of us do. You're a have, not a have not.

And, btw, who told you that the Sox had the best system in baseball? Nearly every ranking service has them middle of the pack (which is still pretty solid considering that they pick at the end of the draft every year and have traded away a large amount of talent in recent years). For the first time in decades, I wouldn't even consider trading the Orioles system for theirs right now.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
What a moron. You said this:

I was simply showing you that the Yanks had as many homegrown players in the starting lineup.

I'm not saying that the Red Sox shouldn't be spending money, only that its completely hypocritical for their fans to play the "evil empire" card about the Yankees and baseball's economics like the rest of us do. You're a have, not a have not.

And, btw, who told you that the Sox had the best system in baseball? Nearly every ranking service has them middle of the pack (which is still pretty solid considering that they pick at the end of the draft every year and have traded away a large amount of talent in recent years). For the first time in decades, I wouldn't even consider trading the Orioles system for theirs right now.

I'm saying they have the best farm system in baseball based on the fact that some guys have come from there to play in the big leagues, not just stay in the minor leagues. Sox fans have some right to play the evil empire card because the Yanks just spent 180 million on Teixeira and 161 million on Sabathia. That is absolutely CRAZY money in this economic time. The Sox only signed Smoltz, Saito, and Baldelli to small-time small money deals. That's all I'm saying...

K-State Spur
04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm saying they have the best farm system in baseball based on the fact that some guys have come from there to play in the big leagues, not just stay in the minor leagues. Sox fans have some right to play the evil empire card because the Yanks just spent 180 million on Teixeira and 161 million on Sabathia. That is absolutely CRAZY money in this economic time. The Sox only signed Smoltz, Saito, and Baldelli to small-time small money deals. That's all I'm saying...

As far as money, the Red Sox have been so good the last 2 years that they haven't needed to do anything. If they finish 3rd place this year (probably won't happen), you'll see them be very active in free agency all over again. Nobody's arguing that the Yanks don't spend ridiculous amounts of money - but you're closer to them than you are on to us. To be honest, the contracts themselves don't even bother me that much. It's that the Sox & Yanks are the only two teams in baseball that can afford to eat their mistakes and just go sign somebody else that is incredibly frustrating. Whenever the Orioles, Jays, or Rays look to invest heavily in a player, they have to be sure that guy is going to be worth it, because they can't afford to eat the deal.

As far as farm system, there are other teams that have produced more. Within their own division, Tampa's farm system has been more productive over the past 5 years. It produced 2/3 of the lineup and almost the entire pitching staff (sans Kazmir) that won the division and beat the Sox in the playoffs last year. In addition, from the right now standpoint, the O's have 3 of the top 25 prospects in baseball (including #1). The Red Sox farm system has been good in that it supplements what they need + gives them some assets for trades, but it's not the best in baseball.

Whisky Dog
04-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Red Sox fan is and has always been nothing but douche bags. Now they're just even more obnoxious since their team has become Yankee-lite.

Crc123whateverthefuck - Fuck you and everyone like you.

i LUV da SpURZ
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
2moro iz home opener. omg i cant wait.. i'll tak pics :}

Bukefal
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Go Yankees!!

http://www.furniturestoreblog.com/image/new-york-yankees-poster.jpg

crc21209
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Red Sox fan is and has always been nothing but douche bags. Now they're just even more obnoxious since their team has become Yankee-lite.

Crc123whateverthefuck - Fuck you and everyone like you.

Umm...ok? :lol

Udokafan05
06-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Bad move bringing Wang back to rotation and sending Hughes back to bullpen. Wang pitched well out of bullpen, and now he is just going to screw it up again. Texiera has been great. GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

Horry For 3!
06-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Damn, Red Sox own the Yankees this season. 7-0

Sabathia is the Yankees last chance. The good thing is he is going against Brad Penny instead of Beckett and Sabathia has been pretty good lately.

sribb43
06-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Ownage....

http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/Rex_Grossman_Own3d_OWNED.jpg

lefty
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
LMAO Yankees

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-11-2009, 04:20 PM
LOL Yankees
LOL Chen Ming Wang

KSeal
06-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Good job Yankees, way to not lose a series at home to by far the worst team in baseball :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 01:17 AM
^:lmao

Udokafan05
06-19-2009, 10:20 PM
They should have never had to play in those weather conditions, and leaving Wang in the rotation is really dumb move. He pitched ok out of bullpen, but sucks starting.

Biernutz
06-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Yankee fans = Lakers fans -----No difference.

KSeal
06-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Yankees suck dick and lose to another weak NL team cause their 33 million dollar player has to get benched for sucking. Yankees will miss the playoffs again, book it.

Udokafan05
06-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Yankee fans = Lakers fans -----No difference.

No, there is a big difference. Yankees run organization with class. GO YANKEES!!!!

Udokafan05
06-20-2009, 10:02 PM
No, there is a big difference. Yankees run organization with class, and yankee fans dont burn down their own city. GO YANKEES!!!!

KSeal
06-23-2009, 10:56 PM
lol yankees

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Yankees run organization with class. GO YANKEES!!!!

Labeling Hank the fat wank Steinbrenner with the word "class" should be a crime. That fat tub of over priviledged shit is anything but classy.

It'll be great to see that team miss the playoffs.

IronMexican
06-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Lol, I bet Udokafan is a Cowboy fan, too.

v2freak
06-24-2009, 02:35 AM

For once, we agree. Screw Mark Texiera too.

KSeal
06-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Lol, I bet Udokafan is a Cowboy fan, too.

He was in the early nineties but now he switches from the Steelers and Patriots depending on Tom Brady's health.

Udokafan05
06-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Lets see, i've been cowboys and spurs fan my entire life. I went to a baseball game in 04 and became a huge baseball fan. Yes, i am riding the bandwagon. Yankees havent won since 2000, the cowboys havent won a playoff game in over 10 years, but yes i am a huge bandwagoner. LOL at Lakers fans calling someone else a bandwagoner.

KSeal
06-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Lets see, i've been cowboys and spurs fan my entire life. I went to a baseball game in 04 and became a huge baseball fan. Yes, i am riding the bandwagon. Yankees havent won since 2000, the cowboys havent won a playoff game in over 10 years, but yes i am a huge bandwagoner. LOL at Lakers fans calling someone else a bandwagoner.

So you are a cowboys fan :lmao

I'm pretty sure IM is from LA, and so am I so please explain to me how we're bandwagon fans?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
lol a Spurs, Cowboys and Yankees fan calling someone a bandwagon fan.

Biernutz
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Labeling Hank the fat wank Steinbrenner with the word "class" should be a crime. That fat tub of over priviledged shit is anything but classy.

It'll be great to see that team miss the playoffs.

Hank is a moron and will never be as good as the old man. Without George running the show it's amateur time with the Yankees. As a Red Sox fan I respect the old man but Hank! :lol

Bukefal
06-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Anyone else watching the game??

v2freak
06-28-2009, 02:22 AM
For the Yankees and Lakers fans who claim they like their team because of the city they live in, I have a question:

how come you don't like the considerably less-controversial Mets and Clippers, respectively?

No need to talk about the Cubs/White Sox (they're both not successful perenially, most of all the Cubs), although I would be curious how many Lakers fans are also Dodgers fans, but not fans of the Angels.

The Red Sox represent all of New England. The Spurs represent San Antonio, while Houston and Dallas have their own teams. There is obviously more than meets the eye here. "I'm from LA or I'm from NY" is hardly proof against frontrunning.

IronMexican
06-28-2009, 02:32 AM
I am a Laker fan who kind of likes the Clippers because they are pretty terrible. And I am also a Dodger fan who HATES the Angels. I hate the Angels cause they are more successful than the Dodgers over the past decade.

v2freak
06-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I get you. I lived in New England and followed the Celtics and the Red Sox. Getting caught in the curse of the bambino (now in lowercase letters) and watching the Celtics keep tanking without getting the top pick was difficult, but they were extremely likable.

Mark Bellhorn, Johnny Damon pre-soul sell, Trot Nixon and Pedro Martinez were really recognizable for their unkempt appearances, and they never gave up. The Celtics bunch was fun to watch; it was like seeing middle schoolers finally understand the linear equation after being stuck in the same classroom for a year. Al Jefferson, Gerald and Orion Green, Ryan Gomes, a frustrated Paul Pierce and even a care-free Antoine Walker and Ricky Davis were two things: young but charismatic. But now, I can't even stand the Celtics, and all of the people in Massachusetts who couldn't even tell me who Raef LaFrenze are coming out of their holes, proclaiming to be life-long fans. WTF?

IronMexican
06-28-2009, 02:55 AM
How it is out here:

The Lakers are the Lakers. Everyone talks about them, even during that 2004-2004 season.

Dodgers hardly got any coverage before the Manny deal. There were still fans, but not nearly as many as now with the trade.

Football in SoCal is weak as fuck. People seem to only come out when they're team is good. In the early 2000's, all you saw were Raider fans. Now, it's a lot of Cowboy fan Steeler fans.

College sports is pretty weak too. I can't stand when someone says "I root for USC for football and UCLA at bball" I stick with SC. I really don't like college bball half as much as football, though.

Clippers and Angels are like the forgotten teams. Clippers are lucky to get talked about for more than 5 minutes anywhere.

KSeal
06-28-2009, 05:59 AM
How it is out here:

The Lakers are the Lakers. Everyone talks about them, even during that 2004-2004 season.

Dodgers hardly got any coverage before the Manny deal. There were still fans, but not nearly as many as now with the trade.

Football in SoCal is weak as fuck. People seem to only come out when they're team is good. In the early 2000's, all you saw were Raider fans. Now, it's a lot of Cowboy fan Steeler fans.

College sports is pretty weak too. I can't stand when someone says "I root for USC for football and UCLA at bball" I stick with SC. I really don't like college bball half as much as football, though.

Clippers and Angels are like the forgotten teams. Clippers are lucky to get talked about for more than 5 minutes anywhere.

I fucking hate that shit too. Almost as much as the Laker fans that are also steeler fans, that kills me.

I actually root for the Clippers and watch the majority of their games, (usually for humor) they're just always irrelevant so it doesn't really matter.

LA is a Laker city no doubt.

Bukefal
07-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Go yankees!! nice game

lefty
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't like the fact some cities have 2 franchises in the same professional league.

Because they are grounds for bandwagon fans.

LnGrrrR
07-05-2009, 10:49 PM
He was in the early nineties but now he switches from the Steelers and Patriots depending on Tom Brady's health.

I've got a friend who switches from Pittsburgh to Denver. I'm like, how can you root for TWO teams? :lol

Biernutz
07-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Source: MLB nixes Yanks' signing of player with fraudulent identity
The Yanks thought they were signing 16-year-old prospect Damian Arredondo

But the player in question apparently doesn't match the name or age

By Melissa Segura, SI.com

A top New York Yankees (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/yankees) prospect is not who he claims to be, sources tell SI.com. Two weeks ago, the Yankees signed a shortstop purporting to be 16-year-old Damian Arredondo from the Dominican Republic to an $850,000 bonus. Now Major League Baseball's Department of Investigations has determined that Arredondo is not the player's real name and that he is older than 16.
The Yankees signed the player they thought was Arredondo on July 2, the first day that major league teams are permitted to sign international free agents as young as 16. The Yankees were impressed with the switch-hitter's strong arm and speed -- he reportedly ran a 60-yard-dash in 6.4 seconds.
According to a new Major League Baseball rule, a player found to have used a fraudulent identity or to have misrepresented his age cannot sign with another club for one year. Major League Baseball has recently increased its efforts to deter identity fraud in Latin America by hiring new investigators and dispatching other investigators from its New York City office to oversee the process.
In general, sources say that MLB will be working with authorities in the Dominican Republic to bring criminal charges against the orchestrators of fraud -- often the trainers and agents who stand to make large percentages of the prospects' signing bonuses.
Mark Newman, the Yankees Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations, says that he has not received official notification of the outcome of the Arredondo investigation. The Yankees did not lose any money on the prospect because his bonus was contingent on the outcome of the investigation. Newman expressed gratitude that the investigative process was swift, allowing the team time to continue searching for prospects among the pool of free agents who have not yet been signed.
The Yankees also signed Dominican catcher Gary Sanchez on July 2 for $3 million. According to his agent, Brian Mejia, Sanchez has already passed multiple investigations.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/07/16/yankees.signing/index.html

LOL Yankees :lol

As a Red Sox fan I find it sad how sad how Hank is running the team in the ground. I hope the old man, George who I respect, is not seeing what team has become.

symple19
07-27-2009, 02:02 AM
yankee fans = lakers fans -----no difference.
+1000000000

KSeal
07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Sucks the Yankees keep winning, we all know once they run into the Angels in the playoffs they'll get completely owned so no worries. Only hope for the Yankees is for the Angels to play the Red Sox first, then all is well is for the faggot Yankees.

PaulGreco
07-28-2009, 08:19 PM
how come you don't like the considerably less-controversial Mets and Clippers, respectively?

Hey Freak did you see the press conference yesterday. The METS are all over the back of NY Papers. Thanks to Omar the Mets are all over the Mets...

Less-Controversial...HMMMMM:lol