PDA

View Full Version : Considering it was a blowout....

spursfaninla
03-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Parker with 39 minutes?! Duncan with 35? Considering this game was practially a blowout against a team that is flailing, I would think that those two would get more rest.

I guess once the lead was single digits, they wanted to get it closer to 20 again before really resting the starters. I'm alittle disapointed that Duncan and Parker didn't get more time off, I want us really healthy for Detroit which WILL be a test, no doubt.

This minny team has NO chemistry, NO defense (other than zone), and NO will to win. I now have no doubt they miss the playoffs.

milkyway21
03-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Pops said KG has been bothered by his knee.

here's a part of the story:
by Mike Monroe

...Spurs coach Gregg Popovich didn't have to speculate about how much Garnett's sore right knee has been bothering him this season. Garnett had come to him before the Feb. 20 All-Star Game, in which Popovich served as head coach for the Western Conference, and requested minimal playing time because of the soreness.

"I think our team defense is good," Popovich said, "but Kevin is also having a hard time. It's obvious that his knee is bothering him to some degree. I know when Timmy has done that, it's tough to play; tough to pivot and to be explosive. I've seen Kevin a lot more explosive. That had something to do with it, too."

Spurs center Rasho Nesterovic spent his first five seasons as a teammate of Garnett's in Minnesota.

"It's just one game, and he tried to play tough," Nesterovic said, "but he just maybe is feeling a little bad. I know him, and he's really a tough competitor and always trying to do the best he can. That situation is very tough for him. He must be kind of mad and disappointed in everything that is happening this season."