PDA

View Full Version : why do people want Camby or Rasheed next year??

poop
04-06-2009, 02:20 PM
both of these guys were very good players and would have been great spurs, but lets face it they are both OLD and waaay past their primes. both will be what, 35 next year? the spurs need YOUTH and must begin to rebuild around Parker.

next year will be our absolute LAST CHANCE before the duncan-era window closes for good. figure tim and Manu have one more year of decent productivity in them before their injuries/age render them done for all practical purposes.

whole new look is required for next season, and it should be focused on getting young guys for the long haul, not more dinosaur veterans.

Death In June
04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Because you may not be able to win with young guys immediately, and the players you mentioned have two or three more good years in them, which is about the length of our title aspirations with Duncan.

Muser
04-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Did you see that shot by sheed last night?!?!?!

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I disagree..

they can both still contribute at a high level..

the key to having old guys like Duncan, 'Sheed, and Thomas in our lineup next year, is to have younger guys off the bench to give energy for them to rest..so Ian is obviously the project for the rotation if he can ever get healthy, and Bonner is the other guy..hopefully others..I'm sure Tolliver will get another shot..he would be a good addition if he developed his J, since he does everything else well..

byrdman31
04-06-2009, 03:59 PM
the need for sheed :flag:

i would love him because he can take bonners and kurts spot at the same time and be better than them, he can shoot the three and post up, while having good post up d.. so we can use him however we need him, down low, or outside to open up the paint for tp/manu

:toast

Muser
04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Plus Sheed is funny as hell.

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I think Sheed and Camby would help the Spurs immensely...the problem is they are rarely healthy enough to contribute.

SPURS50
04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
The need 4 Sheed is on!

Slinkyman
04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
50 year old Sheed is 50 times better then bonner.

ducks
04-06-2009, 04:30 PM
both of these guys were very good players and would have been great spurs, but lets face it they are both OLD and waaay past their primes. both will be what, 35 next year? the spurs need YOUTH and must begin to rebuild around Parker.

next year will be our absolute LAST CHANCE before the duncan-era window closes for good. figure tim and Manu have one more year of decent productivity in them before their injuries/age render them done for all practical purposes.

whole new look is required for next season, and it should be focused on getting young guys for the long haul, not more dinosaur veterans.

both are better then poops

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Rasheed would be perfect....and I mean PERFECT in the Spurs system.....even at his age he wouldnt be the Main guy but he would be a big time contributor to the team.

poop
04-06-2009, 04:42 PM
1.they both are old and INJURY prone
2. sheed is a loose cannon
3. they both have huge salaries

too risky

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Because they know nothing about basketball is answer to why they want them.

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
1.they both are old and INJURY prone
2. sheed is a loose cannon
3. they both have huge salaries

too risky

1. Neither are 37 years old yet (which is considered "old" for a role player at the 5 position)
2. Wallace may be a loose cannon but its only on the court. He hasnt been a locker room cannon and thats the great thing about him. His on the court passion can be channelled for the better.
3. Wallace will be a UFA this summer.

poop
04-06-2009, 05:02 PM
tim is going to continue to struggle with his knees. Manu has been injured literally half the last 2 seasons and its only going to get worse. sheed is old and has struggled with injuries this season. camby has even more miles and has been injured half this season.

what shape do you think we will be next May, after an 82-game season and a few grueling playoff battles?

it looks great on paper, and there will be times when they are kicking ass, but the reality is that team will not weather the long season well.

its time we add YOUTH

TheSpursFNRule
04-06-2009, 05:02 PM
You guys don't understand Gooden wants to stay and he's shown promise. If we get a guy like Camby it helps defense and defense only. If we get Sheed it helps us immediatley obviously but he is real old. The thing we NEEEEEEED is a fucking wing player. Getting another big man has never been Duncans first priority and that is proof over the years. Elson, Nazr, Rasho, Oberto ETC. We need a slasher who can free up outisde shooters and work lanes with Duncan. Why doesn't anyone else see this?

Thomas82
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM
You guys don't understand Gooden wants to stay and he's shown promise. If we get a guy like Camby it helps defense and defense only. If we get Sheed it helps us immediatley obviously but he is real old. The thing we NEEEEEEED is a fucking wing player. Getting another big man has never been Duncans first priority and that is proof over the years. Elson, Nazr, Rasho, Oberto ETC. We need a slasher who can free up outisde shooters and work lanes with Duncan. Why doesn't anyone else see this?

IMO, we need a wing man AND another big man to help us out.

Texas_Ranger
04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Cause they can both jump higher than Bonner, Kurt and Oberto combined.

kace
04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
because you may not be able to win with young guys immediately, and the players you mentioned have two or three more good years in them, which is about the length of our title aspirations with duncan.

+1

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 05:11 PM
IMO, we need a wing man AND another big man to help us out.

Salmons! Brook Lopez!

Damn it, I know it won't happen, but I'll keep my delusions alive!

In all seriousness, I like the Sheed idea. Not so hot on Camby and his vast array of physical maladies.

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
We already have KT on the payroll for next season. In my book that fills the spot for "over the hill big man who can still contribute some".

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I just want to be able to say SHEEEEDDD!

TheProfessor
04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Because they know nothing about basketball is answer to why they want them.
Ioannis Bourousis isn't walking through that door.

Austin_Toros
04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Talk of rebuilding already?

Muser
04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Because a backcourt of Bowen (If he's still here)/Duncan/Camby or Sheed = Best defensive backcourt.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Dude, where have YOU been. This shit started about 4 minutes after it was announced Manu was out for the season...

Mal
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I want f**** Splitter

Texas_Ranger
04-07-2009, 05:21 PM

This is great!:shootme

Until the end of this month there will be like 20 threads of how we should trade Manu, and who should we sign.

ambchang
04-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Sheed on the Spurs would be wonderful. Of course I would prefer to 04 Sheed instead, but even the 09 Sheed can bring great interior defense, inside and outside scoring and passing.

Sheed is known to be passive on the offensive end, preferring to pass than score, and that is absolutely perfect for a Spurs team looking for offensive flow.

On defense, I have always maintained that Rasheed Wallace was a better defensive player than Ben Wallace during their primes. He can guard inside and outside players, and he is extremely intelligent in his rotations. The guy just knows how to play.

Muser
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Also i've always thought of Sheed as being like a taller Bowen, in the sense that he gets in the heads of people.