PDA

View Full Version : Cane the spurs beat the thunder?

sook
04-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Or is it just a bad matchup?

I think their athleticism is really the reason + boneheaded plays down the stretch.

crc21209
04-06-2009, 05:32 PM
We CAN beat them. For us though it is a bad matchup because Durant is a long 3...and only Bowen can defend him well if Pop opens his eyes and puts him in there.

tp2021
04-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Can they? They should.

Will they? I have my doubts.

Morg1411
04-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe. It IS tough matchup based on athleticism and the fact that Durant shoots like a superfreak whenever he plays against us.

I have a sinking suspicion, however, that Spurs/Thunder is bound to become the most unlikely rivalry since Lakers/Bobcats.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
they're a tough matchup against us, but they don't necessarily have to be..having Hill on Westbrook is the key..

Bonner should play more against them, since he can go out and guard Krstic..they used that play a lot, since Tim couldn't come out to the perimeter..

Hill CAN definitely slow down Westbrook, but he probably won't even get to play..that was the main problem IMO..he was easily getting into the paint and creating for his teammates..

Jeff Green is a tough matchup for anybody..he has consistency issues, so you have to hope he's missing his shot..he's an undersized PF, but too big to be a SF..so it's tough to find somebody to match that..our team definitely doesn't have anybody..

Durant is just a great player, and he'll continue to dominate us..he even dominated Bowen earlier in the year, although Bruce made him work, unlike Finley or Udoka..

if Hill doesn't guard Westbrook, we're going to have trouble stopping them..Tony was abused by him, and Jacque Vaughn has absolutely no shot..shit, Vaughn was getting abused by Chucky Atkins..

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Maybe. It IS tough matchup based on athleticism and the fact that Durant shoots like a superfreak whenever he plays against us.

I have a sinking suspicion, however, that Spurs/Thunder is bound to become the most unlikely rivalry since Lakers/Bobcats.

we already have one of those..the Bucks..the mystery of the Bucks-Spurs..the only team to have an over .500 record against us in the Duncan era IIRC..

sananspursfan21
04-06-2009, 05:43 PM
oh, cmon, every season, there's one bad team that the spurs for some reason just can't beat. this year it's the thunder and in past years it's been the grizzlies. everybody would just kill the griz but for some reason, the spurs couldn't do it. spurs won't have to play them in the playoffs so i don't see it as a big deal.

sure, it'd be great if they could not get embarrassed, but as spurs fans, like spurs players, let's look at the big picture and the big picture is the playoffs

Muser
04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes they can, anyone can win on any night.

Will they? I wouldn't bet on it.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
We Cane and we muste!!! :lol

Borosai
04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
So who's gonna cane the Spurs, and who's gonna beat the Thunder? I don't get it.

spurtech09
04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
yes the spurs can win against the thunder.....

sook
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
oh, cmon, every season, there's one bad team that the spurs for some reason just can't beat. this year it's the thunder and in past years it's been the grizzlies. everybody would just kill the griz but for some reason, the spurs couldn't do it. spurs won't have to play them in the playoffs so i don't see it as a big deal.

sure, it'd be great if they could not get embarrassed, but as spurs fans, like spurs players, let's look at the big picture and the big picture is the playoffs

Agreed. The Thunder aren't sniffn' the playoffs so its nothing to worry about anyways.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 07:59 PM

And don't forget the gay ass Milwaukee Bucks.