PDA

View Full Version : We should've traded Manu for Vince Carter

SpursTruth
04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
we could've been contenders this year.

anyway manu's nba career is over. hes never going to be the same.

lefty
04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
It's easy to say that now

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Manu for Vince was never the deal..

Sii
04-06-2009, 06:33 PM
NBA career over? Jesus Christ...exaggerate much?

SA210
04-06-2009, 06:34 PM
No!

SpursTruth
04-06-2009, 06:42 PM
NBA career over? Jesus Christ...exaggerate much?
pretty much. why should we keep him? who would want him? they guy isn't what he used to be. if i were the spurs front office i'd trade TIM and MANU and build around parker. we should get rid of duncan now while he still has some value...lets not wait till his knees completely crumble. hes not getting any younger either. thanks for the rings, but they gotta go

SenorSpur
04-06-2009, 06:43 PM
No way. The Spurs getting Carter would've been a panic move to an otherwise bigger issue. VC is still a great scorer, not much of a defender. Certainly wouldn't have helped against the Kevin Durants, Brandon Roys and Lebron James of the world. Besides Carter too old and too expensive. The Spurs are already old enough. Why waste precious cap space and hamstring the franchise? Pass.

The Spurs need a younger, quicker, cheaper SF/SG option this offseason. At this point, they need to simply stock the position. Get one in FA, get another in the draft.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2009, 06:44 PM
pretty much. why should we keep him? who would want him? they guy isn't what he used to be. if i were the spurs front office i'd trade TIM and MANU and build around parker. we should get rid of duncan now while he still has some value...lets not wait till his knees completely crumble. hes not getting any younger either. thanks for the rings, but they gotta go

29 other teams in the league.

CubanSucks
04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Manu for Vince was never the deal..

Thread over. SHUT THE FUCK UP OP

spurtilldeath
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Could some one please ban this SpursTruth...it is getting annoying in here. Give manu a break. You talk as if, he did this on purpose and he isn't talented and ppl never recover from injuries.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg

sananspursfan21
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
in before the lock

ducks
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM

for who or what though?

spurs1990
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Some Spurs fans live in a cocoon.

They wouldn't trade Manu Ginobili for Kobe Bryant.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM

idiot..it's called being a fan of each player, as well as the team.

mardigan
04-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Yep.
Bet your going to see all kinds of stupid asses come out of the woodwork with threads like these.

SilenceTheTruth
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM

be careful with that kind of view! they might try to ban you here!

Bartleby
04-06-2009, 07:36 PM

nrq96cW2BuY

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Hi Jayem. Stolen any avatars lately?

Douche. :lol

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
We don't ban people for having stupid opinions here..we just call them idiots..hello idiot...by the way...

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg

vander
04-06-2009, 07:49 PM

idiots, you're all idiots.

I told you all that the guy was washed up last summer already, no one wanted to hear it, now finally it's starting to become PAINFULLY OBVIOUS to even the dullest of you.

and FU Spurs FO, the Duncan and lucky-foreign-draft-pick gravy train made its last stop in 07, now you cheap overrated bastards will be seen for what you really are. what are you going to do now? try and tank next year for another lottery miracle? start scouting African bushmen? Eskimos? :lol

Duncan was worth 7 and this FO got 4 with him :flipoff

Sii
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM

considering your last post you may want to re-evaluate your own

jason1301
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
some of you are easy to forget

together we stand and together we fall..

peace.

DaDakota
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
We will still trade you TMac for him.

:D

Get well Manu...

DD

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
We will still trade you TMac for him.

:D

Get well Manu...

DD
Thanks for the love, DD...but I don't know about that. lol

jamiegrplover
04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Good dead i believe.
If so, we could expect the king epic of Spur.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the best sport web: http://www.nowgoal.com/22.shtml

SPURS vs NBA media
04-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Could some one please ban this SpursTruth...it is getting annoying in here. Give manu a break. You talk as if, he did this on purpose and he isn't talented and ppl never recover from injuries.

sounds like the sequ loser under a different name

rascal
04-06-2009, 09:14 PM
A little too late to trade him this summer when his value takes a big hit. You needed to be one step ahead like I was when I wanted to trade Manu when he was healthy. He needed to be traded then when his value was at its peak.

I saw in Manu a very good player but not at all star level and not a player who would log big minutes and a player who would rapidly decline.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
his value doesn't change..he has a 10 million contract IIRC, and he expires next off-season..if the FO wants to trade him, we can get something good..

Slinkyman
04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
we should have traded Mason and Hill for Carter, the argument against this was we didn't want vaughn as our back up. Well he's our back up with Hill still on the team and now we have Mason AKA "Mr. Clutch" who is now Roger "Houdini" Mason cause that guy has disappeared. We should have dumped those guys while their value was high, now that they've been exposed no team is gonna want them this off season.

rascal
04-06-2009, 09:34 PM

I told you all that the guy was washed up last summer already, no one wanted to hear it, now finally it's starting to become PAINFULLY OBVIOUS to even the dullest of you.

and FU Spurs FO, the Duncan and lucky-foreign-draft-pick gravy train made its last stop in 07, now you cheap overrated bastards will be seen for what you really are. what are you going to do now? try and tank next year for another lottery miracle? start scouting African bushmen? Eskimos? :lol

Duncan was worth 7 and this FO got 4 with him :flipoff

I have never been a big fan of the spurs front office. They were given the lottery gifts of Robinson and Duncan and still more often than not could not get past the lakers.

They put a boring team on the floor when they could have won with a more exciting team. They could have rivaled the lakers of the 80's if management could have gotten better more athletic players to surrond Robinson and Duncan. They would not have only won they would have won playing an exciting brand of basketball.

Thats horrible management to only get 2 titles with Robinson and Duncan together for 6 yrs. Those two guys together should have been a dynasty with 4 or 5 titles instead of the 2 they got.

The spurs have ridden on lottery luck. I don't expect them to be any better than teams like the Clippers when Duncan retires.

They haven't shown they can get anything more than cheap role players via trade and/or free agency.

What was the problem with not attempting to get R Wallace the year he was traded twice ? The boy scout spurs thought Wallace was a bad character fit. All Wallace did was go to Detroit and win a title with them after he was traded.

The decision to sit on the roster that won in 2007 was also a stupid move the following year. I stated that they should not sit on the 2007 and expect that to be enough.

Not at all impressed with the Spurs management. They got lucky, plain and simple.

Sii
04-06-2009, 09:50 PM
They put a boring team on the floor when they could have won with a more exciting team

4 titles and Spurs fans are seriously complaining things were not exciting enough? spoiled pure and simple.

I mean its seriously gotten to the point where a Spurs fan is complaining SA ONLY has won 4 titles?

sitting though all those seasons wondering if I would get to enjoy even one as a Spurs fan seems like a different world compared to this bullshit now

Jesus H Christ

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
is rascal the worst poster here? I know there's competition..when I have a child, and he/she is old enough to read, I'm gonna have them sit down and read some of rascal's posts.."that's why you should stay in school and stay away from drugs, sweetheart"..

rascal
04-06-2009, 10:21 PM
4 titles and Spurs fans are seriously complaining things were not exciting enough? spoiled pure and simple.

I mean its seriously gotten to the point where a Spurs fan is complaining SA ONLY has won 4 titles?

sitting though all those seasons wondering if I would get to enjoy even one as a Spurs fan seems like a different world compared to this bullshit now

Jesus H Christ

You get Robinson and Duncan in the draft you better win titles. I would not say 2 titles in 6 yrs having those two guys on the team together is anything special.

The spurs had two hall of fame centers play together for a span of 6 yrs. Most teams don't even have 1 hall of fame center.

the other two titles came in years when the league was weak, not having any dominate team. The east was weak , the lakers were rebuilding and still not the force they are today, and dallas had no interior defensive bigman who could help contain Duncan.

There were no dominate teams during that span, thats why teams could put together a team in one year like Miami and detroit did and win a title. There were no repeat champions, no dominate teams, the spurs managed to get two titles because they had the best big man in the league.

The spurs success mainly rides with the lottery picks of Duncan and Robinson and with the luck of having a watered down league with no dominate team, no team capable of repeating.

4 titles is not so surprising when you look at it.

rascal
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
is rascal the worst poster here? I know there's competition..when I have a child, and he/she is old enough to read, I'm gonna have them sit down and read some of rascal's posts.."that's why you should stay in school and stay away from drugs, sweetheart"..

Your about 3 steps behind. I would not want to depend on you to decide on anything in the future because you have no foresight whatsoever.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Your about 3 steps behind. I would not want to depend on you to decide on anything in the future because you have no foresight whatsoever.

Good thing the Spurs don't depend on you to decide anything in the future because you have no clue whatsoever. I'm actually glad you're just a garbage Spurstalk poster.

vander
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM

It's always sad when posters can't argue the points and must sink to personal attacks.

this one seems to cover most of the common insults: worst poster, stay in school, drugs...
maybe throw in fast food job, mom's basement, then save it and keep it handy, so it'll be real easy to reply-copy-paste every time a post makes you angry and you have to attack the poster :toast

edit:^^ oh there's some more generic angry replies to have locked and loaded: No Clue, Garbage poster, :lol good stuff

ElNono
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
It's always sad when posters can't argue the points and must sink to personal attacks.

this one seems to cover most of the common insults: worst poster, stay in school, drugs...
maybe throw in fast food job, mom's basement, then save it and keep it handy, so it'll be real easy to reply-copy-paste every time a post makes you angry and you have to attack the poster :toast

What is there to argue about? The Spurs FO managed to win 4 NBA championships in a small market, while your accomplishment is to post your garbage in Spurstalk. Well done! :toast

vander
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
What is there to argue about? The Spurs FO managed to win 4 NBA championships in a small market, while your accomplishment is to post your garbage in Spurstalk. Well done! :toast

it happened to be 4, like I said earlier, TD was worth 7.
Matt Millen could have won 3 titles with Tim Duncan :lol

It appears though that you would have been happy with anything. if it was 2 or 3 titles you would have made that very same statment, because you don't see, or want to think critically about the potential we once had; or consider the moves that could have been made but weren't, or those that were but shouldn't have. in your ming there is nothing to argue, because all you see is what is and what was, not what could be or could have been.

45 bank shot
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
why is someone like this guy starting new threads?
does it help the current situation at all?

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
why is someone like this guy starting new threads?
does it help the current situation at all?

does posting here help the current sitiatio

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:06 PM
alot of posters here said manu would break done sooner then later
those posters were right

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 11:09 PM
what a surprise, the other worst poster here comes to the defense of rascal..

I've killed both of you in arguments numerous times..you guys NEVER have any good points, and you guys NEVER back up your arguments..

do I really have to bring up all the stupid shit you guys have posted? in the past month alone, I could find pages of stupidity..

ElNono
04-06-2009, 11:11 PM
alot of posters here said manu would break done sooner then later
those posters were right

You're free to think Manu's career is done. I mean, you thought that earlier in the season up until he shut you up with back to back 30+ point games.
I certainly look forward to Manu exposing your weak ass again next season.
I also understand this is one of the happiest days of your life. Congratulations.

Now, I have better things to do, like cheer for the Spurs.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
it happened to be 4, like I said earlier, TD was worth 7.
Matt Millen could have won 3 titles with Tim Duncan :lol

It appears though that you would have been happy with anything. if it was 2 or 3 titles you would have made that very same statment, because you don't see, or want to think critically about the potential we once had; or consider the moves that could have been made but weren't, or those that were but shouldn't have. in your ming there is nothing to argue, because all you see is what is and what was, not what could be or could have been.

You keep posting here where you're harmless. :toast

Spursmania
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM

Are you retarded?

mytespurs
04-06-2009, 11:17 PM

Amen Kori! A lot of teams would grab him in a heartbeat!!!!

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Amen Kori! A lot of teams would grab him in a heartbeat!!!!

for peanuts

ElNono
04-06-2009, 11:20 PM
for peanuts

If the Spurs don't want to resign him, then he'll go for the best offer.
How is it that it's a business and we need to get rid of him, but when he's on the driver seat he has to think about the Spurs?

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:22 PM
when he is a fa he can do what he wants
he signed the dotted line and did what was asked of him
(atleast he is supose to) and the spurs do not have to give him a penny more
that is what a fa means he can do what he wants

smrattler
Woulda, coulda, shoulda... shoulda STFU!!

tim_duncan_fan
If we're honest with ourselves, we know we should have traded Manu back when some of the crazier people were saying he was almost as good as Kobe. I think there was talk of one of them going to Denver or something like that...
yeah that was the time.

And I do think we could have squeezed more rings out of Duncan and I think there is still one or two more if he can recover a little over the summer, but it is looking like a long-shot. Had Duncan been playing in an organization where they are a little more loose with the change, I think maybe he could have won more but also, he could have been in Orlando playing with broken down Grant Hill or T-Mac...

I think what some people are saying is that we got 4 rings and we should be thankful because things didn't have to go that way. I do have to agree though that there was definitely potential for more than 4 championships.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Shaquille O'Neal: 4 rings, 1 of them as a 2nd option on a different team..
Larry Bird: 3 rings..
Wilt Chamberlain: 2 rings on different teams..
Hakeem Olajuwon: 2 rings..
Moses Malone 1 ring..
KG: 1 ring..
Karl Malone: 0 rings..
Charles Barkley: 0 rings..
Patrick Ewing: 0 rings..
David Robinson: 0 rings as a #1 option..
Kobe Bryant: 0 rings as a #1 option..

so according to you guys, Duncan is worth more than Jordan, Magic, and Kareem? I love Timmy, but he isn't on the level of those guys..let alone saying he's WORTH 7 titles..

we've won 4 with him as the main guy..look at the years we didn't win..2004 was arguably the biggest fluke shot of all-time with 0.4 seconds..2006 was one of the stupidest fouls of all-time..

so many great players haven't had the teams around them to win titles..Duncan has had great title times..YES, he had to carry the team in 2003, but the other teams were regular championship teams..building a title team around a player isn't easy, but you guys make it seem like it is..

Lebron didn't have anybody until now, and even then, it's not great..

building a title team is not easy at all..

circles_eternal
04-06-2009, 11:45 PM
gtfo.

ElNono
04-06-2009, 11:57 PM
when he is a fa he can do what he wants
he signed the dotted line and did what was asked of him
(atleast he is supose to) and the spurs do not have to give him a penny more
that is what a fa means he can do what he wants

Exactly. I don't think Manu is asking for anything, is he?

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I am in favor of trading Manu in the offseason if a deal can be gotten for a talented, reasonably affordable, relatively young swing man. Because of Manu's injury we could probably only attract a team looking to dump salary, but thankfully there are likely to be several of those this year. If the right deal could be found, I would be in favor of it.

wisnub
04-07-2009, 12:14 AM

I hate to say it..I got manu's jersey and he is member of big 3. I dont like VC,but I think its a good idea...Its better than got nothing in return this year because VC can fill up scoring drought that we experienced..TD also got major help and I think Tony will like it as well. This forum got plenty Manu's fans and I dont think its right to dump a player who make the franchise the way it is...but honestly that would be a good idea

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I hate to say it..I got manu's jersey and he is member of big 3. I dont like VC,but I think its a good idea...Its better than got nothing in return this year because VC can fill up scoring drought that we experienced..TD also got major help and I think Tony will like it as well. This forum got plenty Manu's fans and I dont think its right to dump a player who make the franchise the way it is...but honestly that would be a good idea

There was never a VC-Manu deal at all. Even a fictional deal after the fact wouldn't work salarywise.

Jmoney
04-07-2009, 01:59 AM
The New Jersey counter offer was said to include Brook Lopez VC in a combo of Manu/Bonner/Hill/ and some other players. I stated at that time with the inclusion of Brook Lopez we should of put serious consideration into that offer given Manu's health the last few seasons. If that was indeed NJ's counter offer I forget the site that first reported it. I want to say it was a newspaper out of New Jersey we will kick ourselves in the future for not taking the deal. I love Manu's style but every player who has had that stlye and played extensive minutes *I'm saying Manu plays extensive minutes when one uses his minutes in World play during the NBA off season* He was bound to start having more and more injuries. This is not to say he still can't be a valued player but he has to give up his off season play go into the 6th man slot and play from that slot in the rotation. If he continues this get healthy play hard play off season he won't last another 2 years.

mytespurs
04-07-2009, 02:58 AM
for peanuts

quite valuable ones I might add!

Austin_Toros
04-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Manu's injury is going to garner more 'trade Manu' thoughts/threads - I'll support!

SAGambler
04-07-2009, 08:59 AM

How long ago was this said about Grant Hill?

You do realize athletes come back from injuries and be as good or even better than before don't you?

I don't understand why you are willing to throw an integral part of the Spurs under the bus, simply because he is injured.

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
How long ago was this said about Grant Hill?

You do realize athletes come back from injuries and be as good or even better than before don't you?

I don't understand why you are willing to throw an integral part of the Spurs under the bus, simply because he is injured.

Grant Hill has never been the player he once was.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
LOL..Brook Lopez was NEVER even thought about in this deal..people are making shit up now..

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
LOL..Brook Lopez was NEVER even thought about in this deal..people are making shit up now..

Seriously. I don't think NJ trades him without a gun to their head.

RFL
04-07-2009, 02:33 PM
There is no way in world the Spurs should trade Manu but if they do I would not mind him in a Rockets uniform next to Scola. Would you take TMac expiring contract to clear cap room for the beloved 2010 FA class?

vander
04-07-2009, 02:38 PM
what a surprise, the other worst poster here comes to the defense of rascal..

I've killed both of you in arguments numerous times..you guys NEVER have any good points, and you guys NEVER back up your arguments..

do I really have to bring up all the stupid shit you guys have posted? in the past month alone, I could find pages of stupidity..

:rollin

perhaps in your own mind

but actually most of your posts are quite similar to this and your previous one in this thread: anger, hatred, insults, false claims.

back up my arguments? :lmao
Manu and Bonner and the Spurs are backing up all of my arguments perfectly:
I saw that Manu was done last year already, that he wouldn't stay healthy, but even if he did, we would never win another title with him. I've been calling for more playing time for Bonner since he got here, now he leads the team in +/-. WTF have you ever seen or understood that wasn't just obvious hindsight

but no, you just keep saying I'm the worst poster ever and that you have brought forth arguments in the past :lol

sananspursfan21
04-07-2009, 02:50 PM

gee you must know alot about nba :rolleyes

vander
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
You keep posting here where you're harmless. :toast

protecting the ego with ignorance?

ElNono
04-07-2009, 03:11 PM
protecting the ego with ignorance?

No, simply calling out the retards like you...

CubanSucks
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
some of you are easy to forget

together we stand and together we fall..

peace.

HEY YOU, DON'T TELL ME THERE'S NO HOPE AT AAALLLLLLLL!!! TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL, We Fall, we fall.

courtesy of the Floyd