PDA

View Full Version : Calling Roger Mason! its your time man.

dynamodr3w
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
With the playoffs just games away and manu out for the season. Roger this is your time to shine. You shined at the beginning of the season and now time to step up your post season game! This is where stars are born, the post season. You have the opportunity now to help the franchise win a 5th champsionship. Shut up all the f***ing people who think the season is over. We know you have the ability...you have displayed it, be confident and the team will be ok!!

crc21209
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
He can do it. I believe in him to step up. He did it at the beginning of the season. He has the green light now. It's not like Manu was Kobe people! We still have TD, the best PF ever to play the game, and Tony playing at an insanely high level this year. A TEAM wins the title, not ONE man. Believe. Believe. Real Spurs fans check in here and sign your name up damn it!

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
There's one of two directions Pop can go with Mase, he either gets Manu-type minutes as shooting guard, or he gets forced more point guard responsibility while Fin gets Manu's shots.

timtonymanu
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
it's all on Pop now.

He needs to make the big 3: Duncan, Parker, and Mason.

not fuckin Finley. But it looks like we're gonna see that.

MaNu4Tres
Mason can't fill Manu's shoes. Keep dreaming.

Bulwark
There's one of two directions Pop can go with Mase, he either gets Manu-type minutes as shooting guard, or he gets forced more point guard responsibility while Fin gets Manu's shots.
I think it will be the latter rather than the former unfortunately, but we'll see.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Nobody can, but Mason playing with confidence at his actual position can help mitigate the loss.

loveforthegame
04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I can see Pop going with a starting lineup of: Bonner/Duncan/Bowen/Finley/Parker and using Mason in the Manu role off the bench and hope it works.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Didn't you hear? Bowen's lost three or four steps.

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Nobody can, but Mason playing with confidence at his actual position can help mitigate the loss.

Mason is overrated on this board.

Finley has outplayed him for the past 2 months. That says something about how ineffective he's became once teams understood what he can and can't do. I've beat that drum to death in other threads.

ducks
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM

according to people duncan could not fill david shoes he did

mason might not fill manu's shoes
but someone will on the spurs maybe not now or next year but soon:flag::flag::flag:

ducks
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM

Finley has outplayed him for the past 2 months. That says something about how ineffective he's became once teams understood what he can and can't do. I've beat that drum to death in other threads.

given lots of minutes and constant playing time will get you that and same postion

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
according to people duncan could not fill david shoes he did

mason might not fill manu's shoes
but someone will on the spurs maybe not now or next year but soon:flag::flag::flag:

Duncan had better basketball skills than Robinson.

The only thing Mason can do better than average is shoot the basketball. I can't think of one other good thing he does out there on the court. He sucks defensively, he can't create, he can't finish at the rim, he can't get to the line, he can't dribble around traffic, he turns the ball over worse than Beno ever did.

There's not a lot he can do that Finley can't. Mason is not and won't ever be the answer.
He's just a role player who can shoot. Nothing more.

If anything it will have to take a huge collective effort from Finley/Mason/ Bruce/ Hill to fill the things Manu did the years we won.

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
given lots of minutes and constant playing time will get you that and same postion

Mason averages 30 minutes per game this season. Which is more than Finley.

spurs1990
04-06-2009, 07:41 PM
We'll need a double headed monster in Fin and Mase...averaging 25-35 per game to get us to the WCF....now as for the Lakers, well...??

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:42 PM

And the fact that you brag about it just verifies that you're an idiot. Mason has been playing out of position for two months and has gotten pulled when he turns the ball over. Finley has been here four years and has never been pulled for a mistake. Ever. I can't imagine why one guy plays with confidence and the other has lost his.

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
And the fact that you brag about it just verifies that you're an idiot. Mason has been playing out of position for two months and has gotten pulled when he turns the ball over. Finley has been here four years and has never been pulled for a mistake. Ever. I can't imagine why one guy plays with confidence and the other has lost his.

I'm not an idiot. I'm just speaking the truth. Most of Mason's success offensively had mostly to do with teams being unaware of how much his shooting improved this off-season. Which showed when teams were going under the screens defensively on pick and roll situations and never hedging or trapping him. In result he did well because of that. The second half of the season it's been a different story as teams have starting hedging and trapping him. That's been a very difficult adjustment for Mason because he can't create his own shot on one on one situations like Manu could and like Finley can on occasion. 95 percent of Mason's scoring the first half of the year came from pick and rolls and spot up shooting. It was never from one on one situations. So for you to justify Mason sucking by saying it's because of Pop pulling him and moving him from PG to SG is just stupid. He played PG and SG earlier in the year and did quite well. Don't give me that bullshit about it's Pop's fault. Teams have just adjusted to Mason's one dimensional offensive game.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm not an idiot. I'm just speaking the truth. Most of Mason's success offensively had mostly to do with teams being unaware of how much his shooting improved this off-season. Which showed when teams were going under the screens defensively on pick and roll situations and never hedging or trapping him. In result he did well because of that. The second half of the season it's been a different story as teams have starting hedging and trapping him. That's been a very difficult adjustment for Mason because he can't create his own shot on one on one situations like Manu could and like Finley can on occasion. 95 percent of Mason's scoring the first half of the year came from pick and rolls and spot up shooting. It was never from one on one situations. So for you to justify Mason sucking by saying it's because of Pop pulling him and moving him from PG to SG is just stupid. He played PG and SG earlier in the year and did quite well. Don't give me that bullshit about it's Pop's fault. Teams have just adjusted to Mason's one dimensional offensive game.

Yeah, okay.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
VtRuC0oRTJQ
Remember these? He can do it...LET'S DO THIS, ROGER!!

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
LMAO..please dude..Mason's "one dimension" is being COLD AS ICE! Boston knew about him, they couldn't stop him. So did LA and Phoenix. Roger is a beast..give up on the Spurs because your boy is gone if you want, but don't try to hand us this bullshit.

dbestpro
04-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Mason cannot replace Manu. You need to be able to drive to the basket in the playoffs and we have only two players that can attack the hoop, Parker and Hill and Pop ain't playin Hill.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Mason cannot replace Manu. You need to be able to drive to the basket in the playoffs and we have only two players that can attack the hoop, Parker and Hill and Pop ain't playin Hill.
Let's wait till tomorrow to see if Pop ain't playin Hill. Maybe Pop will realize he needs to shake things up.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm not an idiot.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you're a Manu homer. I focused on the message instead of the messenger. Of course you hate Roger Mason, especially right now. :toast

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
LMAO..please dude..Mason's "one dimension" is being COLD AS ICE! Boston knew about him, they couldn't stop him. So did LA and Phoenix. Roger is a beast..give up on the Spurs because your boy is gone if you want, but don't try to hand us this bullshit.

LOL

2/8 @ Boston 3/9 shooting 11 points.
3/20 vs. Boston 3/8 shooting 8 points.

I give him credit for hitting that shot @ Boston. That was from a pick and roll by the way and the defense left him open. PS. 6 for 17 isn't good. So saying Boston couldn't stop him is being pretty biased.

Against the Lakers, Mason has had one good outing ( Surprisingly this was their first meeting against LA) . The other two games he went 1 for 7 and 3 for 9. Therefore in 2 out of 3 guys saying the Lakers couldn't stop him is crazy to say. All in all in 3 games against LA hes 11 for 27. LOL not exactly not being stopped I'd say.

Against Phx this year in 4 games hes 16 for 38 which isn't good considering the fact Phx sucks defensively.

Yes Mason has hit big shots. So has Finley during his time here. Just because you hit some shots doesn't mean your overall offensive game is that great.

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you're a Manu homer. I focused on the message instead of the messenger. Of course you hate Roger Mason, especially right now. :toast

I'm not a Manu homer. I'm a true Spurs fan that isn't blind. All I did was state my honest opinion. I like Mason. I think he's a great spot up shooter. I also just think his game is very overrated on this board just because he's hit some big shots in the regular season. People on here want to make him out to be this awesome offensive scorer, which isn't the case. On top of that he's our worst perimeter defender on the team.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm not a Manu homer. I'm a true Spurs fan that isn't blind. All I did was state my honest opinion. I like Mason. I think he's a great spot up shooter. I also just think his game is very overrated on this board just because he's hit some big shots in the regular season. People on here want to make him out to be this awesome offensive scorer, which isn't the case. On top of that he's our worst perimeter defender on the team.

:lmao

Yeah, that'll redeem your credibility...

VI_Massive
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Agreed 100%. I wish he were more than that, but he isn't. He can't create his own shot and can't finish at the rim. Also, his D isn't that great.

I like the guy a lot, and at 3.5 mill his contract isn't terrible, but he is limited offensively and the rest of the league knows it.

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
:lmao

Yeah, that'll redeem your credibility...

In my opinion he is the worst from the wing position. I'm pretty sure many others would agree with me on that.

MaNu4Tres
04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Agreed 100%. I wish he were more than that, but he isn't. He can't create his own shot and can't finish at the rim. Also, his D isn't that great.

I like the guy a lot, and at 3.5 mill his contract isn't terrible, but he is limited offensively and the rest of the league knows it.

Thank you VI Massive. I take it you watch the games too?

spurtech09
04-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Its time for all the spurs players to step up there game.....

pawe
04-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Play Mason as the starting SG along with TP as they did in the first half of the season. Time to get his confidence in shooting going again.

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Thank you VI Massive. I take it you watch the games too?

Finley is probably a little worse but Mason is pretty useless on defense as well...

SouthTexasRancher
04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
With the playoffs just games away and manu out for the season. Roger this is your time to shine. You shined at the beginning of the season and now time to step up your post season game! This is where stars are born, the post season. You have the opportunity now to help the franchise win a 5th champsionship. Shut up all the f***ing people who think the season is over. We know you have the ability...you have displayed it, be confident and the team will be ok!!

He should be fine and return to form if Pop quits screwing with his head.

MaNu4Tres
04-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Finley is probably a little worse but Mason is pretty useless on defense as well...

I beg to differ.

holcs50
04-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Sigggghhhh. If only he was that good. And he's not. One dimensional players, sorry, just don't cut it when replacing a guy who when healthy can beat you in numerous ways. I know i shouldn't do it, but i have to, sure would of been nice to of given up mason and hill for vinsanity right about now. But i know i know 20/20. It kills me to know that we don't have any slashers/drivers besides TP on the WHOLE team. I mean wtf! I mean I wish pop played hill enough this year where he felt comfortable to drive and had some confidence but he doesn't-tho i know he can. Besides that tho-thats sad-not one!! It truly will come down to 3 bombing-we're going to have to shoot the damn lights out for a chance in any round.

mountainballer
04-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Jesus, do you guys ever realize that this game is played by human bodies? you can't just switch on a player.
Mason is tired and worn out. period.
he has never played comparable minutes in his career and he isn't a good athlete to begin with. in fact this season he already has played 40% more than in his most intense season and 3 times as many total minutes as his career average is. to make this worse, for the first time in his career he was asked to defend the other teams starting SG most of the time.
since two months it's obvious that mason struggles more and more. it's not his confidence, he's just tired. and Pop's try to get him another role was just a reaction to this fact. he wanted to reduce Masons workload, especially on defense, so that he can keep a little gas left for the PO.
but IMO there is no chance that Mason walks out again and plays the way he did in December.

ThaiFanofSpurs
04-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Its time for all the spurs players to step up there game.....

Yes, it's time. I believe that Tim and TP know they need to step up their game a little more than the other Spurs. One team with one goal. I believe in the Spurs and hope that they will make this Championship run one of the most wonderful ones.