PDA

View Full Version : Plan B...WCF still in range

The_Worlds_finest
04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Went home from work, to check out MYSA.COM, Double take heart sank. Im sure the spurs were feeling like all of us at first. But then after thinking about it I relized that this is far from over. Sure our boys dont have one of the cogs but we still have plenty of guys that can come through.

This is a big but is not impossible, Spurs will be there.

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
:tu

04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
i don't really want the spurs to make it to the WCF just to get swept by the lakers.

ducks
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
ofcourse it is
but spurs won games without the big three healthy this year

Spursfan092120
04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
i don't really want the spurs to make it to the WCF just to get swept by the lakers.
If we're playing well enough to get the WCF, two things have happened, either we already beat the Lakers, because we still could drop down to the 4 seed, or, if we can take out 2 teams to get to them, we won't get swept.

xtremesteven33
04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
If the Spurs even win a round in the playoffs i swear to God ill shed some tears....

braeden0613
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
If the Spurs even win a round in the playoffs i swear to God ill shed some tears....
yeah i really have no expectations now...so it would be pretty sweet to win a series

PDXSpursFan
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Reality check:

No Ginobili + Duncan @ 75% = 2nd round exit :bang

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Reality check:

We will be lucky to win 2 games in the first round, HCA or not...

baseline bum
04-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Went home from work, to check out MYSA.COM, Double take heart sank. Im sure the spurs were feeling like all of us at first. But then after thinking about it I relized that this is far from over. Sure our boys dont have one of the cogs but we still have plenty of guys that can come through.

Not a good sig to have today.

lefty
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
In 2006, the Suns went back to the WCF without Amare Stoudemire

We can do this !!!!

SouthTexasRancher
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Reality check:

??? Who can we beat with no Manu and a 75% Duncan. We've been that way since the start of the Rodeo Road Trip and we have not had much success. Being realistic we'll be lucky to win 2 games in the first round with Tony carrying the load but, when you look at the other 7 teams I just don't see how we get out of the 1st round without a healthy Timmy. We could win 2 series but, not against teams like Cleveland, LA, Boston or Orlando. Having said that let's hope for the best. Rest Timmy till the playoffs start. He is hurting big time.

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 10:45 PM

We can do this !!!!

We don't have a Boris Diaw type to replace what Manu does...or the Clippers to ease by in the playoffs...

lefty
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20090117/ginobili_85949.jpg

crc21209
04-07-2009, 02:46 AM
We don't have a Boris Diaw type to replace what Manu does...or the Clippers to ease by in the playoffs...

Roger Mason filled in pretty damn good for Manu while he was out. IT can be done. Dont doubt this team. Dont doubt TD, TP, Pop, and Bowen.

trisstt
04-07-2009, 02:53 AM
First post, firt try.
What about Gelabale? He's coming back from an acl and having good numbers with the D-fenders.
He's got nba experience under his belt and have put decent numbers when he's got PT

SA210
04-07-2009, 03:04 AM

We can do this !!!!

:flag:

onarollbaby
04-07-2009, 03:04 AM
First post, firt try.
What about Gelabale? He's coming back from an acl and having good numbers with the D-fenders.
He's got nba experience under his belt and have put decent numbers when he's got PT

Gelabale for Ginobili.. sounds similar? :( At this late stage of the season its too late to add an untested player or tinker with the roster. The coaching staff would have to make do with this existing roster

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 03:12 AM

We can do this !!!!

Agreed, of course we can!!!!! :lobt: :flag:

Austin_Toros
04-07-2009, 03:24 AM
End of the line.

SA210
04-07-2009, 03:40 AM
You guys would get swept by L.A.
sorry fellas

time to rebuild.

Enjoy watching Lakers become the team of the decade.

Never :makemyday

siraulo23
04-07-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm pretty sure, we are still a playoff contender

Given the fact that Duncan is 100%

So banged up duncan = 1st round exit

Healthy duncan + shooters shooting lights out like early in the season, and we still have a chance

Rogue
04-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Manu's absence actually doesn't have some much harm as it's supposed to have, it just makes it difficult for spurs to defeat their rivals like lakers and our boys in blue. Even without Manu the spurs will still beat the scrub teams very easily, the preference will still be on spurs even if they face those mid-class contenders like Hornets or blazers, not to mention the rockets which are simply a bunch of chockers.

HORNSWOGGLE
04-07-2009, 06:17 AM
sorry fellas

time to rebuild.

:sleep:sleep:sleep

Rogue
04-07-2009, 06:44 AM
sorry fellas

time to rebuild.

Laker's decade has already passed, I'm afraid you will root for the spurs when they are playing with our boys in blue in WCF, wishing the spurs to revenge your team by beating our boys in blue who would have already beaten the Fakers in the first round.

peter_slb
04-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Roger Mason filled in pretty damn good for Manu while he was out. IT can be done. Dont doubt this team. Dont doubt TD, TP, Pop, and Bowen.

No he didn't. Mason is a good shooter but he doesn't give anything else to the team, he can't create anything.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 09:38 AM

We haven't seen that Roger Mason in months. He is nothing more than a spot up jump shooter than can't create his own shot, can't finish at the rim and plays below average defense. That does not sound like a Manu replacement at all...

nz_spur
04-09-2009, 08:09 PM
We haven't seen that Roger Mason in months. He is nothing more than a spot up jump shooter than can't create his own shot, can't finish at the rim and plays below average defense. That does not sound like a Manu replacement at all...

The playoffs do funny things to people! :ihit I think he'll be fine.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
So people were saying? Even timvp said that Mason has improved the past couple games...especially (gasp surprise) at the backup pg spot. Mason will step up, no doubt in my mind. Mason was not the problem last night, TP didnt seem into the game last night and only had what? 15 points or something. If TP scores like 25-30 last night, we wouldve won.

Yuixafun
04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
The unproven teams of the West smell blood in the water and are eager to test their strength against the once Mighty Duncan and company.

Seeing the Spurs in such a weakened state will make them bold, perhaps reckless... but I have misgivings about this group of role players ability to rise up, or play precise enough to exploit an over pressing opponent.

And it would hurt to see a one legged Duncan being abused by young bigs out to make a name for themselves against an all time great.

I don't envy Pop one bit. You want to let your man fight, but at some point you have to throw in the towel if he's over matched, protect him so that he'll be able to fight another day.

How do you measure the space between breaking through and breaking down?

So much uncertainty so late in the season, such a strange feeling as a Spurs fan this decade. I hope something magical happens, that the Spurs of 2009 are a revelation. I'll be rooting for them, celebrating every play, and cursing the ones that don't go our way.

Baseline
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I guess it doesn't matter now since Manu and Tim are hurt, but Pop's performance this year has been laughably bad. He has mismanaged rotations so hideously that one would be hard-pressed to come up with a worse example in the last 20 years.

Earlier in the season, George Hill and Bowen (along with a worthless Oberto and a pick) were valuable enough to get Vince Carter from the Nets. In fact, Hill looked so good that many people on this board preferred to keep Hill over getting Vince. But at this moment, neither Hill nor Bowen are worth anything on the market - not because of a lack of ability, but because Pop didn't play them and thus screwed them over -- ultimately screwing the Spurs over.

And who did he play in their place? Udoka for Bowen, and JV & Mason for Hill. On what planet will Udoka or JV be of value to anybody else? And we all know that Mason isn't a point guard. Why Pop didn't know that is beyond me. And on top of playing Udoka for Bowen, he extended Finley's minutes. Another brilliant move.

Now add in the fact that we brought in Drew Gooden to score and rebound, yet he has played 20+ minutes only once or twice -- and this is while Duncan is playing on one leg.

Fact is, while Duncan and the supporting cast is healthy, Pop looks like a genius only because Tim makes him look like one.

But in reality (as in the one we're facing now), Pop is merely a coach. And a boneheaded one at that. A self-important, boneheaded coach.

SouthTexasRancher
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
sorry fellas

time to rebuild.

Yeah, and like last year you girlies will get swept by the Celtics, Cavs, and Magic!!! Sorry Charlie but, I can 'BOLD' too!

Marcus Bryant
04-10-2009, 12:09 AM

How much rock you smoke?

NewJerSpur
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
No he didn't. Mason is a good shooter but he doesn't give anything else to the team, he can't create anything.

On occasions when Mason does drive to the bucket (like Udoka) he is pretty good at finding guys either driving in the paint or sitting under the basket. Thing is, that's not really his game, but he'll be encouraged to do more of which anyway.

NewJerSpur
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
sorry fellas

time to rebuild.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and the Lakers were on the brink of destruction not too long ago. Remember Kobe making a plea to get out of L.A. before the start of last season. We'll see what happens come the postseason and offseason.

icem
04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
so THIS is what its come to ???

Agloco
04-10-2009, 07:59 AM
How much rock you smoke?

+1

Crack pipes need to be put away for 24 hours prior to starting new threads. :lol