View Full Version : Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I have seen several people post about the possibility of calling up Malik Hairston, I was wondering if it is also a possibility of calling up Ian as well? I know he has been injured all season long, but if he is able to play I don't see anything that should stop the Spurs from playing him. The question is would Pop let these guys get some expierience during the playoffs. I'm sure he knows that the season is pretty much over so why not get young guys like Hill, Hairston, Mahinmi, and Mason more playing time and expierience. The expierience in the playoffs would only help these guys in the future and would possibly allow them to play next year.

stxspurs
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
i imagine pop is gonna get off his high horse and let hill get some minutes. he fucked up this team and now with manu out it doesnt looks any better

Manufan909
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
The only questinable imo is Ian. I hope chump posts here, I'd like to know what he thinks of Ian getting 10 minutes here and there, and how much, if at all, Ian has progressed since he was sent back to the Toros.

Are Ian and Malik on the PO roster? It seems Manu and Fab are the obvious 15th and 14the men, who would be 13th? Hopefully JV, if Ian can do anything on the court. I'm talking a bar where if he grabbed 5 boards PER 40, I'd have him active of Vaughn. But Ian might not be ready, Idk. If Timmy sits, I hope Pop considers it.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
He might not but ready and I'm sure Hairston nor Hill is ready either, but without Ginobili the Spurs have a very little chance of contending. With little to lose why not play the young guys and get them playoff expierience before next season. Even if they do suck up the joint at least that little bit of expierience will help them in the following years to come.

Manufan909
04-06-2009, 10:52 PM
He might not but ready and I'm sure Hairston nor Hill is ready either, but without Ginobili the Spurs have a very little chance of contending. With little to lose why not play the young guys and get them playoff expierience before next season. Even if they do suck up the joint at least that little bit of expierience will help them in the following years to come.

That's even more logical than Hill getting all the backup PG minutes this season, hope Pop catches on this time.:toast

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't play Ian, let him rest all the way until the off-season..he needs to be healthy too..

Hairston and Hill should play though..

Manufan909
04-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Maybe he is, I'm waiting for chump to let us know where he is conditioning wise.

45 bank shot
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
time to see what we got

SanAntonioSpurs23
Maybe he is, I'm waiting for chump to let us know where he is conditioning wise.

All I know is that he was sent down to Austin which many of you probably already know that. I mean the guy has been out since before the pre season, I don't knoww the extent of his injry but that is a long recovery time.

Even if it is 5-7 minutes a game if he CAN play would only help in the future like I have said.

ducks
this would help mason confidence
seeing hairston getting more playing time then mason

Spurs16212
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Mahimni is done for the year with his ankle injury but I would like to see Hairston get a crack at it... I think he may be a diamond in the rough

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
this would help mason confidence
seeing hairston getting more playing time then mason

Who said anything about Hairston getting more playing time. With Ginobili out mason could be the starter and Hairston could back him up.

The Truth #6
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
The Toros weren't going to play Ian - he was only practicing. Rushing Ian back makes no sense either. Hairston however should get called up and play.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
The Toros weren't going to play Ian - he was only practicing. Rushing Ian back makes no sense either. Hairston however should get called up and play.

I wasn't sure, I thought that maybe Pop just wasn't going to use him for the playoffs so he decided to send him to Austin where he could play. If he is still injured than there is no way I would play him. The other young guys though need a shot.

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:08 PM
what about mason,hill and gooden
they have not played for spurs in postseason

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
what about mason,hill and gooden
they have not played for spurs in postseason

My first post clearly states that all of the young guys should get some playoff expierience, Mason will play no doubt and I am not as worried about Gooden. He has been to the finals before remember and although he hasn't played with the Spurs much he will eventually learn the system.

Big P
04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Hairiston=yes

Ian=No...let him get healthy.

I also think TD should probably sit...he is looking very old right now & its kind of scaring me honestly.

That said....

Without Manu, we are pretty much fucked....we would have depended on him more often than not in the playoffs...sit TD & Manu..see what kind of balls TP has..& make it a POSITIVE learning experience for the younger/newer guys.

Manufan909
04-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Who said anything about Hairston getting more playing time. With Ginobili out mason could be the starter and Hairston could back him up.

No one had to say anything of the sort, ducks is just a dumbass. How ducks thinks a rookie SF would take away minutes from the Spurs newest and very capable SG is outstanding. Taking minutes from Fin and Ime isn't out of the question, as long as mancrushes are left out of the equation.
:wakeup

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
when has pop taken minutes away from fin

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Ian isn't playing with the Toros. He was in street clothes Saturday.

Malik could very well be called up, especially now that the Toros have clinched a playoff spot and have virtually no chance of improving their position.

AussieFanKurt
04-07-2009, 02:56 AM
all I know is we need some serious re-shaping in the offseason

mountainballer
04-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Spurs will call up Malik. it's not only the injury of Manu, Mason is also worn out. Malik still won't get many minutes, but he will play to take some workload from the wing rotation in the last games of the regular season. (not so much in the PO.)
Ian? even if he was healthy, it wouldn't make any sense to call him up right now. Gooden still averages only 14 MPG. they would just increase his minutes, if there is need to get help in the big roatation.

Tbam327
04-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Hairston is awesome i hope he comes back!!! he is the x factor for the spurs mark my words. With him in the line up he will help out the spurs get trough the first Rnd. He does all the dirty work and then some. he is the best off the bench guy we got. Mahinmi not yet. why not bring in Dwayne Jones give him a shot.
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=dwayne_jones

urunobili
04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
I love Malik... if he comes over and gets playoff experience his chances of sticking with the team will improve dramatically

robino2001
04-07-2009, 08:02 AM
What about Marcus Williams? Is he not "ours" anymore? I thought he looked very good Saturday and has more of a slashing/driving presence than Hairston had (which I'd think is more what we need). Could it hurt to call him up? Is he that much behind Hairston in the progress he's made?

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 08:13 AM
There's not a roster spot for Marcus UIM.

Manufan909
04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Ian isn't playing with the Toros. He was in street clothes Saturday.

Malik could very well be called up, especially now that the Toros have clinched a playoff spot and have virtually no chance of improving their position.

Thanks chump. Goddamn, I thought he'd be getting minutes on the Toros at least, fuck me.:bang