PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with you guys?

TDfan2007
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Everybody is just going all doom and gloom because Manu is out for the season, but there are positives to be had from all of this:

-We still have Tim and Tony.
-Mason and Hill will take advantage of Manu's absence
-I'd rather us have no Manu than a banged up Manu. For as much as I love Manu, he really hurt us against LA with his poor D and bad shot selection (he jacked up a lot of 3s since he didn't feel confident enough in the ankle to drive).

This team can still make noise in the playoffs and our guys are too proud to just lay down and die like some of you guys feel they should.

GO SPURS GO! :lobt2::flag:

ducks
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Ggooooooooooo spuuuuuuuuuuurs

Russ
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Everybody is just going all doom and gloom because Manu is out for the season, but there are positives to be had from all of this:

-I'd rather us have no Manu than a banged up Manu. For as much as I love Manu, he really hurt us against LA with his poor D and bad shot selection (he jacked up a lot of 3s since he didn't feel confident enough in the ankle to drive).

This team can still make noise in the playoffs and our guys are too proud to just lay down and die like some of you guys feel they should.

GO SPURS GO! :lobt2::flag:

I agree (but then again I thought they could at least win one round in 2000 without Duncan).

On the bright side, the Spurs won't play any other team in the playoffs with two Finals MVPs on their roster. :)

rayray2k8
04-06-2009, 11:08 PM
The 2009 playoffs will go as far as Duncan's knees them 'em..
What does that say?
It's pretty easy to stop the spurs.
You double up on Parker and clog the line and play Duncan man to man.
Every team has figured that out.
Even the fucking Thunder are beating us.
Wake up. :|
Nagging injuries would have been an issue anyway.

dav4463
04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Nobody thinks the Spurs have a chance now. Time to just let loose and play hard and see what happens. As Rudy once said, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion"!

smrattler
04-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Never underestimate the heart of former champions either!

baseline bum
04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Do you smoke rock? There's no positive to losing the team's most versatile guard.

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Its bad manu is out, the only thing i could think of what could be better now when manu is out, is that TP has the chance to lead the games again, which he does best over the last season. He will probably show even more of himself now and fight harder.

holcs50
04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Honestly I like the fans that are still optimistic and everything and even after the cleveland game and pops weird rotations, and duncans knee, and so on I still really thought we had a chance to win it all. If by the time we got to the lakers we had the 3 close to completely healthy. Sorry, Im just being honest and what i think is the truth after watching most games this year of both the spurs and lakers (since i live in socal on all the time), we can't beat them without manu.... period . period.! Now does that mean I wont root for them-of course i will im a huge spurs fan-what it does mean is we just aren't that good of team without the big 3 healthy, truth. Tony better have his backpack ready because he's going to be carrying a lot of games.

ulosturedge
04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Live and die by the 3 time!

jag
04-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Do you smoke rock? There's no positive to losing the team's most versatile guard.

:lol

raspsa
04-07-2009, 02:06 AM
If 300 Greeks could do it, so can the Spurs.. put up a magnificent stand, that is!

Dingle Barry
04-07-2009, 02:08 AM
If 300 Greeks could do it, so can the Spurs.. put up a magnificent stand, that is!

Opted not to go with the Alamo there? Interesting.

polandprzem
04-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Even with Manu pleying really good in the playoffs we had milion problems. With Manu out we are simply out of the season.

Simple math

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Please!

spursfan1000
04-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Roger hopefully does good with Manu out.

Keepin' it real
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM

The question is not what's wrong with us. The question is "What's wrong with you?"

The Spurs' clutch player, who we turn to when the game's on the line, our emotional spark, is gone. Our best player, Duncan, is hobbled and not getting any healthier. He was owned by Joe Smith on Sunday in case you didn't notice.

So our best hope is Tony Parker. Sunday's game is a perfect example of why we're screwed. He had what, 13 or 14 points in the first quarter? So you think cool, he should score 40 today, or at least 30 after that great start. BUT, what did he end up with, 24? Aside from anomolies like the 22 point 2nd half at ATL, that is Tony's calling card, start strong but fade quickly, especially at crunch time.

Then we have fools like Ime and Bonner out there, looking lost, and Finley unable to guard anyone.

That's the reality of the situation, so I repeat, "What's wrong with you?"

tmtcsc
04-07-2009, 08:59 AM
He just wasn't the same. I'm glad he's going to finally rest and heal without distraction. This will bring some more stability to the roster now that Mason will start again. It will also mean more minutes for Hill.

I expect us to rally a bit but I'm not sure how far that will take us. On the positive side, this team has played many games without Manu this year so it won't be that much of a shock.

With Tim hobbled, our prospects weren't too great to begin with. I just hope we finish with pride and don't give up.