PDA

View Full Version : Jamario Moon as Bowen's replacement?

MaNu4Tres
04-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I know this is premature.

But if Bruce and Udoka don't come back. Look for the Spurs to make a look at this guy as Bowen's short term replacement with part of their Mid Level exception. If they don't make a trade for an athletic swing man, I think Moon would make the most sense for this team. Probably would cost us the same money Mason is making.

Just a thought.

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I love him, but I think he'll cost more than we're willing to spend....although with this economy.......if I had to bet I'd say he resigns with Miami.

ploto
04-07-2009, 12:17 AM
MLE is too high for Jamario

SpursFan0728
04-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I've watch him play a lot since I live in Canada.
If he works on his 3pt this summer, then Spurs should take a good look at him.

MaNu4Tres
04-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I love him, but I think he'll cost more than we're willing to spend....although with this economy.......if I had to bet I'd say he resigns with Miami.

I'm not sure if they would. They have over 69 million on the books next year. They have Dorell Wright and James Jones under contract at the small forward position for the next 2 years as well. I guess time will tell.

MaNu4Tres
04-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I've watch him play a lot since I live in Canada.
If he works on his 3pt this summer, then Spurs should take a good look at him.

He's actually a career 35 percent 3 point shooter.

TheDarkSide.
04-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Thabo Sefalosha! damn i wish, or Nicolas Batum

DMX7
04-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I know this is premature.

But if Bruce and Udoka don't come back. Look for the Spurs to make a look at this guy as Bowen's short term replacement with part of their Mid Level exception. If they don't make a trade for an athletic swing man, I think Moon would make the most sense for this team. Probably would cost us the same money Mason is making.

Just a thought.

What about Jackie Moon?

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Moon would be a nice pickup but I don't think the Spurs will be able to afford him and still address other needs...

SpursFan0728
04-07-2009, 12:35 AM
He's actually a career 35 percent 3 point shooter.

Yes you are right, but most of them are open looks. Opposing defense tends to sag away from him when he is out on the perimeter to check bosh so he has quite a lot of open looks. If he could shoot it more consistently, and with his athleticism, he should be a great fit.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Moon is severely overrated..he isn't a notable 1 on 1 defensive player, he gets pushed around too much, and he's very mentally weak..he's also a waste of athleticism..

that last point is the most important part..he doesn't use his athleticism, other than alley-oops..he never drives to the baskets, he never dunks in traffic..he's a low-IQ player..

he's good for the $ he's currently getting..he isn't worth anything significant though..I'd only take him for really cheap..

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 12:53 AM
If he can dunk at all, Spurs will not be interested.

MaNu4Tres
04-07-2009, 12:54 AM
If he can dunk at all, Spurs will not be interested.

True story.

mountainballer
04-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Moon is severely overrated..he isn't a notable 1 on 1 defensive player, he gets pushed around too much, and he's very mentally weak..he's also a waste of athleticism..

that last point is the most important part..he doesn't use his athleticism, other than alley-oops..he never drives to the baskets, he never dunks in traffic..he's a low-IQ player..

he's good for the $ he's currently getting..he isn't worth anything significant though..I'd only take him for really cheap..

good evaluation.
I wouldn't be that harsh. Moon is a bit a Matt Barnes case. this means, he could also help this team in several ways, but no way he could be the starting SF we need. and also no way he is or will ever be a defensive stopper like Bowen. the fact that he can deliver some pretty spectacular blocks doesn't make him a defensive force.
but at the minimum he is a bargain, for the MLE he would be totally overpayed. maybe he would be the typical BAE signing.

suu
04-07-2009, 04:43 AM
sounds nice

the man has a spurs looking

....if only a little younger

objective
04-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Spurs already have their Bowen replacement.

If re-signed, Ime Udoka will be 32 years old to begin next season. Almost old enough for Pop to play a whole lot more minutes.

Moon's just too young, dude's not even 30 yet.

MaNu4Tres
04-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Spurs already have their Bowen replacement.

If re-signed, Ime Udoka will be 32 years old to begin next season. Almost old enough for Pop to play a whole lot more minutes.

Moon's just too young, dude's not even 30 yet.

With the upmost respect, Udoka sucks.

Ocotillo
04-07-2009, 05:42 AM
With the upmost respect, Udoka sucks.

Turn your sarcasm meter on.