PDA

View Full Version : Looking at this the right way.

TheSpursFNRule
04-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Ok so Manu is done for the season. Is it really that bad? I just flat out don't think it was the Spurs year anyway. Its April and were still finding ways to lose and show no chemistry what so ever. So let it be, we'll accept a sub-par year. But there is a way to look at this the right way. Tony Parker is now a superstar and shows no signs of slowing down for seasons to come, Tim Duncan showed flashes of brilliance throughout the season and I still believe he has a few years left in him to. Manu's style of play just kicks the shit out of his body and it really hurt us bad this year. But with Manu and Tim resting this summer while Gooden and Mason Jr. improve chemistry wise and peak its maybe not such a bad way to go into next years season. Tony Parker is obviously are all-star now, so I feel if the Spurs could just find a way to get ONE player, there are just ONE player short of being dominate and I mean really dominate again. If they got a Small foward/slasher or someone who fits that category they'd be great. I don't mean to sound like an infomercial but think about it.

-Rested and healthy Duncan and Ginobili
-Parker peaking
-The hopeful improvement of Gooden and Mason Jr.
-And a big fucking offseason of making a balsy move.

This team is TIRED. It needs some kind of change, and im not talking about moving the big 3, they just need a freakish athlete or some new blood out there.

Thats my rant. And does anyone have any LOGICAL(key word) ideas about what the Spurs could do during off-season?

AussieFanKurt
04-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Yeah we need soe obvious change and re-shaping and renewal in the offseason and further development, so many players caught on fire at certain times, im not counting us out in the playoffs 100%, but im looking towards next season more.