PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs=Time to jump in TPs backpack

holcs50
04-07-2009, 04:59 AM
cuz he's going to be doing a lot of carrying.

Kids back is going to be hurting a lot after these playoffs are over.

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 05:01 AM
He is going to be on fire in the playoffs, just this hard working in the end, taking the championship and then afterwards eva will certainly take good care of him while lying on some yacht on the french riviera so he relaxes enough to get it going again next season :)

mathbzh
04-07-2009, 05:08 AM
He is going to be on fire in the playoffs, just this hard working in the end, taking the championship and then afterwards eva will certainly take good care of him while lying on some yacht on the french riviera so he relaxes enough to get it going again next season :)

Wrong... he will play with the french NT this summer.

ThaiFanofSpurs
04-07-2009, 05:23 AM
TP is very open and honest with his interview. I want to hear his point of view regarding Manu's news. I sometimes think he still keeps some of his better plays for the POs. I hope I am right and that we might see the best of Tony in this POs. Go Tim, Tony, Spurs, Go!

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Wrong... he will play with the french NT this summer.

yeah but they have to qualify for a spot first right? and it does not look good for them so i guess they wont be playing much games.

raspsa
04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Tony has been by far the most consistent of the Big 3 and has put on some terrific performances of late. With manu out and Timmy hobbled, TP will quickly burn himself out if he doesn't get support. He will be a marked man.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Tony has been by far the most consistent of the Big 3 and has put on some terrific performances of late. With manu out and Timmy hobbled, TP will quickly burn himself out if he doesn't get support. He will be a marked man.

Fact is, TP has been the lone bright spot for this team all season. Hill had a good 40-50 games until he got inexplicably thrown into the doghouse.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I feel bad for Parker, he is going to wear himself out trying to do everything now that he knows there are no reinforcements coming. I would rather the Spurs sit Duncan and Parker and let them refuel for 2009...

Bruno
04-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Parker will have a very busy summer. French NT starts on July 12th and could end up as late as September 20th.

Spurs losing quickly in the playoffs would be a good idea to have a "fresh" TP in 09-10. And it's also true for TD.

dbestpro
04-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Agreed, but if we are to have any chance we will have to change some things drastically. First, we need to slow the game down and focus on half court defense. This means limited PT for Bonner.

Start Gooden with Tim and run the interior offense through Gooden so Tim can focus on defense. Tim's own injuries require this to occur.

Next, start Hill along side Parker and drive, drive, drive to the hoop.

With Parker in full green light mode on offense the last thing to do is start Bowen and hope that Bowen, long arm Hill and a focused Duncan on defense can make the push to allow the games to be in question come the end.

Along the way play Thomas, Mason, Udoka and Bonner for situational minutes. The worse thing that can happen is Hill will get some high level and very valuable playoff experience which is better than watching Vaughn and Finley limp out the gym.

Josepatches_
04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
If we want to pass the first round TP will have to change his style of play.We need more from his teammates.Players like Mason or Finley suck when they made a good first half of the season.An that situation began when TP takes the role to score a lot.

IMO we need more form TP's teammates.Not more from TP.Even if he scores 50 we can lose the games

About our plays,I don't like that one when TP dribbles 20 seconds.It usually ends with a brick.That's a stupid offensive play and we do it a lot.This is one of our plays that Pop has to fix.Move the ball more please.

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2009, 11:57 AM
The time at which TP becomes the franchise player may be, well, now.

Brazil
04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Parker will have a very busy summer. French NT starts on July 12th and could end up as late as September 20th.

Spurs losing quickly in the playoffs would be a good idea to have a "fresh" TP in 09-10. And it's also true for TD.

No way TP would accept to not play the POs, he thinks about the POs since the first day of the reg season ! If healthy he will play to win.

Maybe Pop should rest him and Tim untill the last two games, it will give 5 games to Mase and Hill to rebuild confidence and Gooden to lear Defense transitions :).

kace
04-07-2009, 12:18 PM

what are you talking about ? man, that's crazy. we still have a good team. support them and let's see what happen.

Spurs losing quickly in the PO would be a good idea ? :downspin::bang :nope

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 12:43 PM
We play hard to the last game, with TP leading the charge, Mason getting back into his groove, and Gooden showing what he's made of.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

Bruno
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
No way TP would accept to not play the POs, he thinks about the POs since the first day of the reg season ! If healthy he will play to win.

I haven't said that Pop should shut down TP for the playoffs. I'm just saying that I rather see Spurs losing quickly in the playoffs with TP playing.

what are you talking about ? man, that's crazy. we still have a good team. support them and let's see what happen.

Spurs losing quickly in the PO would be a good idea ? :downspin::bang :nope

Spurs are a good team ? Yes, they are.
Spurs are a good enough team to win it all ? No, they aren't.

Spurs have won 4 rings in the Duncan era (quatro anillos, puta :) ), losing in the first round or in the WCF will change nothing to their legacy.

To me, this year playoffs are all about next year.
- I hope Spurs will lose quickly to have Duncan and TP well rested for the 09-10 season.
- I hope Pop will give a lot of playing time to players that are unproven at the playoffs level. Mason, Bonner, Hill and even Hairston need to play a lot of minutes. It will give them some experience and help the evaluation of next year roster.

kace
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
and if we think that we'll do anything without a good Duncan and a good (i mean more than decent) supporting cast, we're fooling ourselves.

Tony will have to play as he's doing now, that's for sure. but it wouldn't be enough.

i'm still confident we could see PO Tim and efficient role players. Believe.

kace
04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I haven't said that Pop should shut down TP for the playoffs. I'm just saying that I rather see Spurs losing quickly in the playoffs with TP playing.

Spurs are a good team ? Yes, they are.
Spurs are a good enough team to win it all ? No, they aren't.

Spurs have won 4 rings in the Duncan era (quatro anillos, puta :) ), losing in the first round or in the WCF will change nothing to their legacy.

To me, this year playoffs are all about next year.
- I hope Spurs will lose quickly to have Duncan and TP well rested for the 09-10 season.
- I hope Pop will give a lot of playing time to players that are unproven at the playoffs level. Mason, Bonner, Hill and even Hairston need to play a lot of minutes. It will give them some experience and help the evaluation of next year roster.

so, you think we have 0 % of chance to win it all. 0 ?? not even 10 % or 5 % or 1 %? with tim, tony and Pop ? i don't agree.

Bruno
04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
so, you think we have 0 % of chance to win it all. 0 ?? not even 10 % or 5 %? with tim, tony and Pop ? i don't agree.

Well, I give them a 0.1% chance to win it all.

xtremesteven33
04-07-2009, 12:59 PM

Cmon now they arent that bad....:rolleyes

kace
04-07-2009, 01:06 PM

well, where can i see how to make a poll ? i will do one about that.