PDA

View Full Version : a player of French league in SPURS ?

T.J Thompson
04-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Hello,

I'm a french supporter of a team ( Hyères Toulon var Basket ) and this morning, our newspapers says that Austin Nichols an American player who played 4 years ago in French will go the summer league with the team and the Spurs will be interested to remplace Bruce Bowen, HTV's coach thinks that Nichols is better than M.Pietrus ( Magic )

Look the video of Austin Nichols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkOwqcM1kEY

Their stats are more 23/pts :king

If you want more explications about Nichols, say me

Bruno
04-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the info :tu

I've heard tons of great things about Nichols. He could be a good surprise.

timvp
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Humboldt State. That would explain why I never heard of him. Stats look pretty decent, though.

Brazil
04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice info T.J and by the way welcome on board

T.J Thompson
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes of course but Humboldt State isn't a big college, and when he arrived in France, 4 years ago, he hadn't big stats ( only 11/pts the firt season ) but after he has worked many many, and he progressed particularly in the 3 points shot.
His record this season it is 45 points,

I know a little Austin and I can say that he is very discreet and very nice

Libri
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes of course but Humboldt State isn't a big college, and when he arrived in France, 4 years ago, he hadn't big stats ( only 11/pts the firt season ) but after he has worked many many, and he progressed particularly in the 3 points shot.
His record this season it is 45 points,

I know a little Austin and I can say that he is very discreet and very nice

Thanks. If you have more information, please post it.

T.J Thompson
04-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I can put other an video of Nichols if you want ...

Brazil
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you have info like size ? weight ? is he capable to slash ? how is he in defense ? BB IQ ?...

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 02:15 PM
He plays in EuroChallenge third level of Europe. He is 6-6 200 swing man mostly is small forward in Europe and was leading scorer of third level of Europe FIBA EuroChallenge.

He is also so far leading scorer in Pro A in France.

samikeyp
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Great stuff TJ! Keep it coming! :tu

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
who owns his nba rights?

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
who owns his nba rights?

He was never drafted no teams owns any rights. He has played in minor leagues and D league.

T.J Thompson
04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Do you have info like size ? weight ? is he capable to slash ? how is he in defense ? BB IQ ?...

He can play Shooting Guard and other position,
6-6 for the Height and 200 lbs.

I Think this player can make win a match, i'm sure, for his defense, it's good but His main asset is the attack,

timaios
04-07-2009, 02:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/players/austin_nichols.html

http://www.jump-shot.net/fiche-joueur.php?id=1197

T.J Thompson
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
The last game of Nichols on video

http://www.lnbtv.net/?video=J24ChalonHtv.wmv

He scored 36 pts during this match

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Here are his stats from the D-League.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/nbdl/players/n/nichoau01d.html

It was some time ago, so the only thing it's really useful for is seeing how he fared with the NBA three point line. Can't say I remember him.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Spurs spend much too much time scouting crappy French league. They need to start scouting in the actual good leagues in Europe like Spain, Adriatic, Russia, Greece, Italy, Turkey even Baltic league is much better league. Spurs scouts seem to be spend all their time in crap French league scouting.

Brazil
04-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Spurs spend much too much time scouting crappy French league. They need to start scouting in the actual good leagues in Europe like Spain, Adriatic, Russia, Greece, Italy, Turkey even Baltic league is much better league. Spurs scouts seem to be spend all their time in crap French league scouting.

What are you talking about ??

urunobili
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
It'd be awesome to give him a shot! french league brought us TP and look what Batum does!!! :tu thanks for the post

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
What are you talking about ??

The French league is an extremely bad league for Europe level of domestic and regional leagues. All these domestic and regional leagues in Europe are better. It is a very bad league these days.

Spain
Greece
Russia
Adriatic
Italy
Turkey
Baltic
Lithuania
Israel

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Hello,

I'm a french supporter of a team ( Hyères Toulon var Basket ) and this morning, our newspapers says that Austin Nichols an American player who played 4 years ago in French will go the summer league with the team and the Spurs will be interested to remplace Bruce Bowen, HTV's coach thinks that Nichols is better than M.Pietrus ( Magic )

Look the video of Austin Nichols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkOwqcM1kEY

Their stats are more 23/pts :king

If you want more explications about Nichols, say me

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the board!

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 03:02 PM
He was never drafted no teams owns any rights. He has played in minor leagues and D league.

Can someone educate me as to how he enters the league? Does he have to enter the draft? We can't just offer him a contract, right?

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Can someone educate me as to how he enters the league? Does he have to enter the draft? We can't just offer him a contract, right?

He was never drafted. that means he is a free agent like any other player. He is American and was never drafted and he is born in 1982. He is like any free agent.

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 03:47 PM
He was never drafted. that means he is a free agent like any other player. He is American and was never drafted and he is born in 1982. He is like any free agent.

But when someone enters the league they have to enter via the draft, right? You can't just declare yourself a free agent.

TwinTowers
04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Spurs spend much too much time scouting crappy French league............ Spurs scouts seem to be spend all their time in crap French league scouting.

Yeah and I guess they just got lucky when they found Parker, right?

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 04:03 PM
But when someone enters the league they have to enter via the draft, right? You can't just declare yourself a free agent.

Yes you can. What do you mean by this?

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah and I guess they just got lucky when they found Parker, right?

The French league is a HORRIBLE POS league. Everyone in Europe knows this.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I forget the exact age (22 or 23), but once a person reaches that age he is automatically eligible to be drafted by an NBA team.

Brazil
04-07-2009, 04:07 PM
The French league is an extremely bad league for Europe level of domestic and regional leagues. All these domestic and regional leagues in Europe are better. It is a very bad league these days.

Spain
Greece
Russia
Adriatic
Italy
Turkey
Baltic
Lithuania
Israel

Tony Parker ?? Batum ?? Diaw ?? Pietrus ?? better than any namewithoulupis in the end anyway :lmao

by the way bowen played some years in French

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I forget the exact age (22 or 23), but once a person reaches that age he is automatically eligible to be drafted by an NBA team.

He is born in 1982. This has nothing to do with NBA draft. Plus he is AMERICAN.

Kill_Bill_Pana
Tony Parker ?? Batum ?? Diaw ?? Pietrus ?? better than any namewithoulupis in the end anyway :lmao

French league is a joke. Even someone from France will agree.

ChumpDumper
He is born in 1982. This has nothing to do with NBA draft. Plus he is AMERICAN.You're an idiot.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM
You're an idiot.

WTF? Someone is saying he must declare for the draft or the Spurs can't get him. How the fuck can he declare for the draft when he was born in 1982 dumbass

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for agreeing with me then. What does being AMERICAN have to do with his draft status?

GabeIsGone
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
i think the point is that he has ben through the draft, but was not picked, thus hes is UDFA.

sonic21
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
thanks for the info :tu

bienvenue

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Nice and welcome!! He seems good

T.J Thompson
04-07-2009, 11:55 PM
I Think, he had never drafted because before he is not very good, but now he progress, he progress . And this season, he is the best scorer of the FIBA Eurochallenge ...., this competition had many famoust players ( Earl Boykins, Jumaine Jones, Darius Washington )

for information, Nichols speak French ....

holcs50
04-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Not that hard guys like any other player who finishes their collegiate play-you prob go try and workout for a few teams, hope to get drafted. If not, you can do whatever you want. Go play in europe, go to the d-league, whatever. Guys free for any NBA team as long as he's not locked down by a contract on his french team...then as spurs fans know you have to pay the contract off if a team wants him that bad. If he's not under contract nba teams are free to inquire

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-09-2009, 12:14 AM

I check rankings. French league is officially rank as #10 best domestic league in Europe over last 5 seasons by ULEB. When you count regional league like Baltic and Adriatic also which ULEB does count them, French league is rank as #12 domestic league in Europe over last 5 seasons.

manu_maniac
05-11-2009, 10:03 AM
This guy Nichols looks very interesting. I just found out about him on 48MoH. Tim Varner has spoken to him and says he seems like a perfect Spur. Hopefully the Cavs don't get him since they invited him to a mini-camp as well.

His current coach says he's better than Pietrus. I say we sign him ASAP.

romain.star
05-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I check rankings. French league is officially rank as #10 best domestic league in Europe over last 5 seasons by ULEB. When you count regional league like Baltic and Adriatic also which ULEB does count them, French league is rank as #12 domestic league in Europe over last 5 seasons.

Crappy league indeed but fact is many great prospect players came, come and will come from this crappy league.
In that regard, the French league is one of the best in Europe.

It's actually a bit like our french soccer

Russ
05-11-2009, 10:20 AM

After a certain amount of time, anyone is a free agent I believe.

Like when the Spurs signed Oberto.

This is where you can get something for nothing.

Bukefal
05-11-2009, 10:21 AM

well, probably they have good connections in france, maybe because of TP. they went french with tp, it turned out great, so they are continuing. And face it, france is loaded with talent.

Bruno
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
This guy Nichols looks very interesting. I just found out about him on 48MoH. Tim Varner has spoken to him and says he seems like a perfect Spur. Hopefully the Cavs don't get him since they invited him to a mini-camp as well.

His current coach says he's better than Pietrus. I say we sign him ASAP.

It's a nice article. Props to Tim.
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/11/introducing-austin-nichols/

tav1
05-11-2009, 10:36 AM

That Varner doesn't know anything. He's just stealing from Bruno.

GSH
05-11-2009, 11:06 AM

The rankings of European leagues have absolutely nothing to do with how well Nichols plays the game. The only thing you've said here is that you know nothing about the player this thread is about. One option would be to shut the fuck up and learn something. Another option would be to try and hijack the thread with arguments about the Euro basketball leagues.

It's always the same tired old shit from you. If you want to talk about Spanoulis, or Bourosis, or the fucking Greek leagues, why not start yet another thread about them? That way we would always know where to look if we want to get into a pissing contest about which Euro team/player is best.

boutons_deux
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Is he now making more than the NBA rookie salary?

tomtom
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a great guy. I like his attitude, anywho low risk potentially decent reward. Definitely gonna keep a watch on this guy

Bruno
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Is he now making more than the NBA rookie salary?

No. His salary is likely in the $150K area.

duncan228
05-11-2009, 02:05 PM

:tu

That Varner doesn't know anything. He's just stealing from Bruno.

:lol

Spurs Brazil
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Spain
Greece
Russia
Adriatic
Italy
Turkey
Baltic
Lithuania
Israel

Tony Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.all those GREAT leagues you're talking about

symple19
05-11-2009, 03:45 PM
like the mid-range game, but need to see more going to the basket. If he can play D as well as folks are saying then he could be a diamond in the rough, definitely worth watching.

stéphane
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM

Spain
Greece
Russia
Adriatic
Italy
Turkey
Baltic
Lithuania
Israel

You're so poor at thinking it's even scary.
Because the french league is poor, everytime a player is good enough he leaves for a bigger club thus youngster get actual playing time making them easy to scout. They are not looking at 25year olg guys with proven skills but for young players with a lot upside.

BackHome
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I think we are going to invite him to our summer camp that does not mean we are going to sign him. Either way we are not going to have major money to spend this summer so why not invite everyone who has potential throw them in summer camp and sign one or two.

All I ask is that they are athletic, can rebound, play defense and are not one dimensional players..ie Mason.

PS. A freakin center would be nice!

VI_Massive
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Looks like Nichols will be French League MVP.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/15/austin-nichols-named-french-league-mvp/comment-page-1/#comment-3813

Better or worse for us if it raises his profile?

Question for those in the know.....can he attend both Spurs and Cavs mini camps? Do they take place at the same time?

VI_Massive
05-16-2009, 04:26 PM
OK already got an answer from Tim Varner at 48MOH.....

"The camps are at different times. Not sure on the Cavs date. My understanding is that he’ll attend both–he’d attend others if the invitations came, I assume. The Spurs mini camp starts on June 16."

If I had the option of playing with Cavs or Spurs for equal money (of course, who knows if he even gets an SL invite).....that's a tough one!

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 04:31 PM
OK already got an answer from Tim Varner at 48MOH.....

"The camps are at different times. Not sure on the Cavs date. My understanding is that he’ll attend both–he’d attend others if the invitations came, I assume. The Spurs mini camp starts on June 16."

If I had the option of playing with Cavs or Spurs for equal money (of course, who knows if he even gets an SL invite).....that's a tough one!

I would think that, money being equal, he will look for the situation that offers the best chance to get minutes.

Bruno
05-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Looks like Nichols will be French League MVP.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/15/austin-nichols-named-french-league-mvp/comment-page-1/#comment-3813

Better or worse for us if it raises his profile?

Nichols has had a great season in France and there are some teams in Europe ready to spend some money on him. The consequence for NBA team is that Nickols likely won't sign a contract with a NBA team is this contract isn't almost fully guaranteed.

If Nichols is so-so in summer league, it will surely be a problem.

VI_Massive
05-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Nichols has had a great season in France and there are some teams in Europe ready to spend some money on him. The consequence for NBA team is that Nickols likely won't sign a contract with a NBA team is this contract isn't almost fully guaranteed.

If Nichols is so-so in summer league, it will surely be a problem.

In speaking to Varner of 48MOH he seemed pretty set on heading to the NBA:

"The final question I asked Austin is why the call of the NBA still appeals to him—he’s a star where he’s at, and opportunity for a bigger contract with a Euroleague club is undoubtedly in waiting. His response is the same one Roger Mason would have given a few years back: 'It’s the highest level of basketball and it demands the most from an individual on a daily basis. I belong in the NBA because I can meet that challenge. Not to say that I’m above anyone else or anything like that, but I feel that maximizing my potential and the level of my game means playing in the NBA.'"

Do you think the added money and interest he'll garner as French League MVP changes his thinking?

Bruno
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Do you think the added money and interest he'll garner as French League MVP changes his thinking?

I doubt he will sign the classical training camp contract (only something like $25K guaranteed).
Now, if a NBA team offers him a fully guaranteed contract ($450K), I think he will take if even if he has better offers in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Koffi is MVP of French

Nichols is MVP of foreign players in France.

http://www.eurobasket.com/France/basketball.asp?NewsID=159738

Four top basketball media in France (LNB, BasketNews, LEquipe and Sport +) announced the list of award winners for both ProA and ProB for 2008-09 season. They are:

MVP Import PRO A 2009 : Austin Nichols (198-G/F-82, agency: ACMT, college: Humboldt St.) (198-G/F-82) of Hyeres-Toulon Var Basket Hyres-Toulon VB
2nd MVP Import PRO A 2009 : Ricardo Greer (197-F/G-78) of Sluc Nancy Basket Pro SLUC Nancy Basket
3rd MVP Import PRO A 2009 : Brion Rush (186-G-84) of Strasbourg IG Strasbourg IG
MVP French Player PRO A 2009 : Alain Koffi (207-C-83) of Le Mans Sarthe Basket Le Mans Sarthe Basket
2nd MVP French Player PRO A 2009 : Amara Sy (202-F-81) of Adecco ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne
3rd MVP French Player PRO A 2009 : Ali Traore (207-C-85) ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne
Best Defensive Player PRO A 2009 : Anthony Dobbins (194-G-81) Entente Orlanaise Loiret
Best Young Player PRO A 2009 : Thomas Heurtel (188-G-89) EB Pau-Lacq-Orthez
Most Improved Player PRO A 2009 : Rodrigue Beaubois (186-G-88) Cholet Basket
Most Impressive Player PRO A 2009 : Austin Nichols Hyres-Toulon VB
MVP Import PRO B 2009 : Errick Craven (188-G-83) Stade Clermontois Basket Auvergne
MVP French Player PRO B 2009 : Jimmal Ball (178-G-78) Paris Levallois
Best Coach PRO A 2009 : Philippe Herve Entente Orlanaise Loiret
Best Coach PRO B 2009 : Rudy Nelhomme Poitiers Basket 86

VI_Massive
05-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Koffi is MVP of French

Nichols is MVP of foreign players in France.

http://www.eurobasket.com/France/basketball.asp?NewsID=159738

Four top basketball media in France (LNB, BasketNews, LEquipe and Sport +) announced the list of award winners for both ProA and ProB for 2008-09 season. They are:

MVP Import PRO A 2009 : Austin Nichols (198-G/F-82, agency: ACMT, college: Humboldt St.) (198-G/F-82) of Hyeres-Toulon Var Basket Hyres-Toulon VB
2nd MVP Import PRO A 2009 : Ricardo Greer (197-F/G-78) of Sluc Nancy Basket Pro SLUC Nancy Basket
3rd MVP Import PRO A 2009 : Brion Rush (186-G-84) of Strasbourg IG Strasbourg IG
MVP French Player PRO A 2009 : Alain Koffi (207-C-83) of Le Mans Sarthe Basket Le Mans Sarthe Basket
2nd MVP French Player PRO A 2009 : Amara Sy (202-F-81) of Adecco ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne
3rd MVP French Player PRO A 2009 : Ali Traore (207-C-85) ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne
Best Defensive Player PRO A 2009 : Anthony Dobbins (194-G-81) Entente Orlanaise Loiret
Best Young Player PRO A 2009 : Thomas Heurtel (188-G-89) EB Pau-Lacq-Orthez
Most Improved Player PRO A 2009 : Rodrigue Beaubois (186-G-88) Cholet Basket
Most Impressive Player PRO A 2009 : Austin Nichols Hyres-Toulon VB
MVP Import PRO B 2009 : Errick Craven (188-G-83) Stade Clermontois Basket Auvergne
MVP French Player PRO B 2009 : Jimmal Ball (178-G-78) Paris Levallois
Best Coach PRO A 2009 : Philippe Herve Entente Orlanaise Loiret
Best Coach PRO B 2009 : Rudy Nelhomme Poitiers Basket 86

Since Nichols was MVP of foreign players and most impressive overall, is it safe to conclude he was pretty much the best player in French A this year?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Since Nichols was MVP of foreign players and most impressive, is it safe to conclude he was pretty much the best overall player in French A this year?

Is very hard to say. European leagues and teams work nothing like NBA. Of course this is French league so yes I think you can see he is the best player in the league this year.

But if it was a league like Spain or Greece it would mean not much to have such numbers on a smaller club. Because in the bigger leagues the 15th player on some of the best clubs could be the best player on many other clubs and even in many other leagues.

But French league is more balanced so probably. But then again his team was 13-17 in the league so this would be very strong argument against this. Only serious team in French league to be honest is ASVEL.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I wish Austin Nichols all the best, but if the Spurs are consitering him to be a "Bowen replacement" he will be like the 32nd guy we have brought in to try.

Maybe after Udoka Spurs get smart and replacement is not same type of player but less good but just players that can play same position. Nichols is much better in offense than Bowen is. And of course only few players is same as Bowen in defense.

So Bowen replacement player is not good way to describe him I think.

Bruno
05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Fake Greek know nothing about French league.

Foreigners are significantly better than French players in French league. Top French players are in NBA and in Spain. Nichols >> Koffi.
FYI, among the 12 best scorers in French league, none is French.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Fake Greek know nothing about French league.

Foreigners are significantly better than French players in French league. Top French players are in NBA and in Spain. Nichols >> Koffi.
FYI, among the 12 best scorers in French league, none is French.

Fake French know nothing about basketball in any issue. Ignore him. He can go dream of see Eiffel Tower some day.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 06:12 PM
All I know is that I can name several important French players off the top of my head that are in the NBA. The greeks? Not so much.

Since when is Nichols French? Please explain this.

TheProfessor
05-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Fake French know nothing about basketball in any issue. Ignore him. He can go dream of see Eiffel Tower some day.
:lol Yeah sorry, I think I'll go with Bruno over Comcast boy from Houston.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
:lol Yeah sorry, I think I'll go with Bruno over Comcast boy from Houston.

Bruno has never once been right in anything he has ever said about European basketball. Never even one thing has ever been correct. He is the least in knowledge of any member of this forum.

Biggems
05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Bruno has never once been right in anything he has ever said about European basketball. Never even one thing has ever been correct. He is the least in knowledge of any member of this forum.

so you are saying i know more than Bruno? I dont know jack shit about Euroleague basketball, thus I rarely get into debates on the subject. Why debate about something I have no clue about?

Nichols seems like an interesting prospect. He isn't a bad option to sign up for our summer league squad. Who knows, he may show something, surprise us all, and get an invite to training camp.....or he might stink it up and get sent back to Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 06:31 PM
so you are saying i know more than Bruno? I dont know jack shit about Euroleague basketball, thus I rarely get into debates on the subject. Why debate about something I have no clue about?

Nichols seems like an interesting prospect. He isn't a bad option to sign up for our summer league squad. Who knows, he may show something, surprise us all, and get an invite to training camp.....or he might stink it up and get sent back to Europe.

EVERY member knows more than Bruno. I have never once see him post anything that was correct. Whatever the fact or truth is, he will post exact opposite every time. He is by far worst in knowledge of all members in the forum.

About Nichols sure they should invite him to summer league he may be a good player to have and cheap contract. Just ignore anything Bruno ever say about European basketball though.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
I was refering to how you call the French League shitty compared to the Greek league in Euroball.

There is not anyone from Europe who would ever compare them. Greek league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>French league.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Here is rankings for all criteria (like this also include arena sizes of teams and attendance averages for each team and how much TV viewers for each team)

1. Spanish League
2. Italian League
3. Greek League
4. Russian League
5. Adriatic League
6. Baltic League
7. Turkish League
8. Lithuanian League
9. French League

Here is rankings for just basketball (like just how good the teams do in competitions in wins and losses every year in 3 Europe competitions and in each country competition combine together)

1. Spanish League
2. Greek League
3. Italian League
4. Russian League
5. Adriatic League
6. Baltic League
7. Turkish League
8. Israeli League
9. Lithuanian League
10. French League

American fans is must be serious jokers saying French League is better than Greek League. Why not also argue that CBA or USBL is better than NBA?

TheProfessor
05-16-2009, 07:10 PM
^People said the best French players are in France and Spain, and that the best players in France are foreign. Nothing regarding the French league compared to the Greek. Also, simply because the French league is inferior, does not mean French prospects are inferior. But hey, you're just some troll setting up a straw man argument, not like you care about utilizing reading comprehension.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 07:17 PM
^People said the best French players are in France and Spain, and that the best players in France are foreign. Nothing regarding the French league compared to the Greek. Also, simply because the French league is inferior, does not mean French prospects are inferior. But hey, you're just some troll setting up a straw man argument, not like you care about utilizing reading comprehension.

No they keep saying the French league is better than the Greek league. It is even worse than saying the Spanish league is better than the NBA and actually much more ridiculous.

The French league is really a terrible league. Absolutely very bad. You know they have Spain, Greece, Italy have what they call A rating, France has a B. It is same way how in North America NBA would be an A and ABA, CBA, USBL, D-League and these type leagues would be a B.

The level from leagues like Spain and Greece and even Italy to France is a very big difference. Even leagues like Russia or Adriatic are FAR better than French league.

I am not arguing anything about individual players from any country either. In that case Spain, Serbia, Greece, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia are also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>France

But just because a bunch of crap players keep getting in NBA draft from France somehow US fans have imagined they must be making all these great players. This is a pure comedy when Balkans region alone could make probably 5 rosters deep that could beat any team France could put together.

Again this has nothing to do with individual players from France like Parker or who play in pro A like Nichols. But damn there is some big time BS that is said about European basketball in these forums.

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 08:00 PM
No they keep saying the French league is better than the Greek league.

There is not a single post in this thread that says the French league is better than the Greek league.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:02 PM
There is not a single post in this thread that says the French league is better than the Greek league.

Yes there are several.

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes there are several.

prove it

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:10 PM
prove it

Tony Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.all those GREAT leagues you're talking about

All I know is that I can name several important French players off the top of my head that are in the NBA. The greeks? Not so much.

followed by

I was refering to how you call the French League shitty compared to the Greek league in Euroball.

Every single one of these posts was in context of French league versus Greek league and EVERY person can go back and read the posts one after the other and the replies and discussions and see this.

And some of these members seem to be very insulted at even the thought that French league is not superior to Greek league. They need to stop reading Bruno's posts already.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 08:11 PM
yeah...that's where they got that shitty guy Tony Parker..GOD he sucks..:lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:13 PM
yeah...that's where they got that shitty guy Tony Parker..GOD he sucks..:lmao

Yao came from China. I guess Rockets should spend all their time and resources and scouts on Chinese Basketball Association. This is only logical base on your level of reasoning.

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Every single one of these posts was in context of French league versus Greek league and EVERY person can go back and read the posts one after the other and the replies and discussions and see this.

And some of these members seem to be very insulted at even the though that French league is not superior to Greek league. They need to stop reading Bruno's posts already.

Not a single one of those posts states or implies that the French league is superior to the Greek league. That would be obvious even to someone for whom English is actually a second language. But I'm sure you won't let the facts deter you.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Not a single one of those posts states or implies that the French league is superior to the Greek league. That would be obvious even to someone for whom English is actually a second language. But I'm sure you won't let the facts deter you.

Yes they do. And Phila_Chamberlain even clarify with the next post reply that this is exactly what he was talking about.

followed by

You want to talk about reading skills and facts then maybe you should get a dictionary and find out what those are.

smahmood26
05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I feel dumber for reading this.

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes they do. And Phila_Chamberlain even clarify with the next post reply that this is exactly what he was talking about.

followed by

You want to talk about reading skills and facts then maybe you should get a dictionary and find out what those are.

I knew you wouldn't let the facts get in your way. Saying that the French league is not "sh#@ty" in comparison to the Greek league is not the same as saying the French league is better. Pointing out that more French players are in the NBA than Greeks is a simple statement of fact, not an assertion that the French league is superior.

It also is quite interesting that as you get agitated that you drop the broken English routine (as in the perfectly phrased sentence that I have bolded above). Very entertaining. Please go on.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:25 PM
I knew you wouldn't let the facts get in your way. Saying that the French league is not "sh#@ty" in comparison to the Greek league is not the same as saying the French league is better. Pointing out that more French players are in the NBA than Greeks is a simple statement of fact, not an assertion that the French league is superior.

It also is quite interesting that as you get agitated that you drop the broken English routine (as in the perfectly phrased sentence that I have bolded above). Very entertaining. Please go on.

You lose. You just are not aware that I am much smarter than you.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Yao came from China. I guess Rockets should spend all their time and resources and scouts on Chinese Basketball Association. This is only logical base on your level of reasoning.
OK..let's go there, KBP...Tony Parker, Mickael Pietrus, Boris Diaw, Johan Petro, Ronny Turiaf, Ian Mahinmi (though he hasn't played much, has a LOT of promise), Joakim Noah, Nicolas Batum..not to mention Tariq Abdul-Wahad, who formerly played in the NBA...the only ones from the Greek league who have played in the NBA that are worth a shit are Rasho, Peja, and Marko Jaric (sort of). Now..tell me the players who have played from the Greek league in the NBA besides these three that have had decent careers in the NBA...

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 08:29 PM
It also is quite interesting that as you get agitated that you drop the broken English routine
LOL..I've noticed this too. And also the fact that his ISP is Comcast..not quite available in Greece, last time I checked..lol

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 08:30 PM
You lose. You just are not aware that I am much smarter than you.

I doubt that, but you are amazingly resistant to factual contradictions to your point of view. Bravo

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:30 PM
OK..let's go there, KBP...Tony Parker, Mickael Pietrus, Boris Diaw, Johan Petro, Ronny Turiaf, Ian Mahinmi (though he hasn't played much, has a LOT of promise), Joakim Noah, Nicolas Batum..not to mention Tariq Abdul-Wahad, who formerly played in the NBA...the only ones from the Greek league who have played in the NBA that are worth a shit are Rasho, Peja, and Marko Jaric (sort of). Now..tell me the players who have played from the Greek league in the NBA besides these three that have had decent careers in the NBA...

Once again your knowledge of this subject is very low. You are basically a 1 on scale of 1 to 10 in knowledge of this subject but you argue over and over like you are an expert. You are too much.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Once again your knowledge of this subject is very low. You are basically a 1 on scale of 1 to 10 in knowledge of this subject but you argue over and over like you are an expert. You are too much.
Once again you have no idea what you're talking about. I asked you a question..if you had knowledge on the subject of basketball, you would be able to answer it. Obviously you don't. If you want to get technical about "Greek basketball," there isn't a single damn Greek born player IN the NBA. And players in the Greek league overall have not succeeded as well as the French league players. And yes..Tony Parker is MILES better than any player in the Greek League...or players from the Greek league in the NBA...period. Hell..I'd take a healthy Ian Mahinmi over any Greek Center. I've noticed that every time someone proves you wrong, you always say, "I have proven you wrong" or.."your knowledge is low." Real men admit when they're wrong..be a man..or PROVE ME WRONG!!

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Once again you have no idea what you're talking about. I asked you a question..if you had knowledge on the subject of basketball, you would be able to answer it. Obviously you don't. If you want to get technical about "Greek basketball," there isn't a single damn Greek born player IN the NBA. And players in the Greek league overall have not succeeded as well as any of these players. And yes..Tony Parker is MILES better than any player in the Greek League...or players from the Greek league in the NBA...period. Hell..I'd take a healthy Ian Mahinmi over any Greek Center. I've noticed that every time someone proves you wrong, you always say, "I have proven you wrong" or.."your knowledge is low." Real men admit when they're wrong..be a man..or PROVE ME WRONG!!

You are a joke. Only Bruno is a worst poster than you in this forum.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 08:41 PM
You are a joke. Only Bruno is a worst poster than you in this forum.
another statement that lets everyone know that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Bruno is a good poster..you just don't like him..or me..because we always prove you wrong. Get a life, Comcast.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 08:44 PM
another statement that lets everyone know that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Bruno is a good poster..you just don't like him..or me..because we always prove you wrong. Get a life, Comcast.

You are a ridiculous fool. You really believe that like 2 or 3 players played in Greek league and then NBA and even say Parker is better than any player that has played in Greek league. You would be laughed off of any European sports forum in this planet.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 08:51 PM
You are a ridiculous fool. You really believe that like 2 or 3 players played in Greek league and then NBA and even say Parker is better than any player that has played in Greek league. You would be laughed off of any European sports forum in this planet.
I said Tony Parker is better than any player in the Greek League...currently..and I stand by that. And they didn't prove me wrong in the Olympics..that's for damn sure. I also didn't say 2 or 3 players played in the Greek league and then the NBA..I said only 3 were good. And then I said prove me wrong...so I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong..tell me the Greek players that have played in the NBA that have done better than Tony Parker, Mickael Pietrus, Boris Diaw, Johan Petro, Ronny Turiaf, Joakim Noah, Tariq Abdul Wahad, or Nicolas Batum. Sure..Rasho, Peja, and Marko are as good as some of them...but as far as I can find..there's no other players who played in the Greek League that are in the NBA that are as good. Not saying I'm not wrong..I may be...I just want you to prove me wrong...to see if you can.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I said Tony Parker is better than any player in the Greek League...currently..and I stand by that. And they didn't prove me wrong in the Olympics..that's for damn sure. I also didn't say 2 or 3 players played in the Greek league and then the NBA..I said only 3 were good. And then I said prove me wrong...so I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong..tell me the Greek players that have played in the NBA that have done better than Tony Parker, Mickael Pietrus, Boris Diaw, Johan Petro, Ronny Turiaf, Joakim Noah, Tariq Abdul Wahad, or Nicolas Batum. Sure..Rasho, Peja, and Marko are as good as some of them...but as far as I can find..there's no other players who played in the Greek League that are in the NBA that are as good. Not saying I'm not wrong..I may be...I just want you to prove me wrong...to see if you can.

yes and saying these things exposes you as having no knowledge of European game of even smallest amount. Your posts on the issue are laughable but you insist that you are an expert in this matter and make sure to insult anyone who do not agree with that.

These posts of yours are a comedy.

TheProfessor
05-16-2009, 09:21 PM
You are a ridiculous fool.
Let us stop the insults please.

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Let us stop the insults please.

:lol

TheProfessor
05-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Name one Greek or player who played in the Greek league that has made an impact on the NBA.

Now name the 10 to 15 players who are role players to all stars in the NBA from the french league.

In terms of teams the Greek teams might be better. In terms of talent I'm going with the French and Spanish.
I don't know if that's entirely fair to the talent that does exist in the Greek leagues. Because the French league is not up to snuff, the best French players will find their way to venues that pay better and have a higher level of competition, like Spain and the U.S. The Greek league is one of the best in Europe, and have players such as Papaloukas, Bourousis, Spanoulis, Fotsis, Diamantitis, etc., who can make good money staying in Europe and playing in their home country. True, Fotsis and Spanoulis burned out and did not adjust well, but I think they could have done well in the right situation, and many of these other players would have been able contributors.

In looking at players in the NBA and their relative impact however, yes, the French (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_National_Basketball_Association_pla yers) definitely have the edge over the Greeks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_National_Basketball_Association_play ers).

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Name one Greek or player who played in the Greek league that has made an impact on the NBA.

Now name the 10 to 15 players who are role players to all stars in the NBA from the french league.

In terms of teams the Greek teams might be better. In terms of talent I'm going with the French and Spanish.

WTF are you serious?

If I remember at one time or another these were all good NBA players, all at least rotation players, some 6th men, some starters and some were even stars in NBA.

Dominique Wilkins
Byron Scott
Rolando Blackman
Ricky Pierce
Tony Campbell
Ruben Patterson
James Donaldson
Sedale Threatt
Richard Dumas
Reggie Theus
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf
Roy Tarpley
Blue Edwards
Oliver Miller
Xavier McDaniel
Anthony Bowie
Larry Stewart
Scott Skiles
Walter Berry
Tracy Murray
Cliff Levingston
Lawrence Funderburke
Victor Alexander
Gary Trent
Thurl Bailey
PJ Brown
Mitchell Wiggins
Rafael Addison
Jeff McInnis
Randy White
Travis Mays
Josh Childress
Buck Johnson
Eddie Johnson
Tyus Edney
Roger Mason
Willie Anderson
Marc Jackson
Chris Morris
Antonio Davis
Tony Delk
John Salley
Charles Shackleford
Jannero Pargo
Tony Dumas
Fabricio Oberto
Rony Seikaly
Dino Radja
Peja Stojaković
Rasho Nesterović
Kurt Rambis
Marko Jarić
Jake Tsakalidis
Maurice Evans
Alexander Volikov
Saras Jasikevicius
Rodney Buford
Edgar Jones

This is just some of the names that I remember. WTF is this nonsense about not even 10-15 players in Greek league that made impact in NBA? Is this serious? It is well known Greek league has had by far the most NBA players of any league in all Europe.

T.J Thompson
05-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Austin Nichols is the MVP's foreighn to France and the best scorer ( 21.43 pp/g ) :king

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/4261_114478071520_76369481520_2539758_4200181_n.jp g (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2539747&id=76369481520)

T.J Thompson
05-17-2009, 12:37 PM
for the 2 last games in Pro A, Austin scored 18 pts ( and the win of Buzzer-Beater ) ..
the last game, 2 pts, but i think Austin was moved for his last game in France ...

Bruno
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Nichols' coach said that he was tired at the end of the season. I guess it is the reason why he didn't end it well.

T.J Thompson
05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Nichols' coach said that he was tired at the end of the season. I guess it is the reason why he didn't end it well.

Yes because this season he was played every match and every time ( 40 minutes )

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Dominique Wilkins-He only played with PAO because they offered him money and his super star life in the NBA was over.
Byron Scott- Nother player who only went to Euro league because his NBA days were over.
Rolando Blackman- Another tail end of his career player. Ro was hardly going to get 15 minutes a game from any NBA team he started with
Ricky Pierce- This guy actually got cut from an NBA team the same season he went to the greek league. AEK Athlens was his only way to get a good contract
Tony Campbell- I didn't even know he played after 1995. His time on the Lakers hurt his career.
Ruben Patterson- This is actually a good example of someone who played well in the Greek Leauge and then made an impact in the NBA. That is the best example you have given so far. Players like Patterson are the ones I am talkin about, if they were not in the NBA yet then they should go to Europe to get better or grow. Ala Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker.
James Donaldson- Okay I'll give you this one too. He wasn't a great player in the NBA but I'll let you slide with that one.
Sedale Threatt- Another tail end of his career player
Richard Dumas- This guy had a very good rookie season but his only choice was the Euroleague after being suspended and then having sub par years afterwards.
Reggie Theus- Another end of his career player.
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf- A player who left for a Greek team again at the tail end of their career.
Roy Tarpley
Blue Edwards
Oliver Miller
Xavier McDaniel
Anthony Bowie
Larry Stewart
Scott Skiles
Walter Berry
Tracy Murray
Cliff Levingston
Lawrence Funderburke
Victor Alexander
Gary Trent
Thurl Bailey
PJ Brown
Mitchell Wiggins
Rafael Addison
Jeff McInnis
Randy White
Travis Mays
Josh Childress
Buck Johnson
Eddie Johnson
Tyus Edney
Roger Mason
Willie Anderson
Marc Jackson
Chris Morris
Antonio Davis
Tony Delk
John Salley
Charles Shackleford
Jannero Pargo
Tony Dumas
Fabricio Oberto
Rony Seikaly
Dino Radja
Peja Stojaković
Rasho Nesterović
Kurt Rambis
Marko Jarić
Jake Tsakalidis
Maurice Evans
Alexander Volikov
Saras Jasikevicius
Rodney Buford
Edgar Jones

I don't feel like going through the rest of this list. With the exception of a few players the only thing you have shown in this list is how much money the Greek clubs have. You misunderstood me. My point was the French league has produced more star players than the greek league. By the word "produced" I mean that players who have gotten their start in the Euroleague have made impacts on the NBA. Your list is a lot of players who had solid to great NBA careers and just took their last few years of being able to jump over to a greek team so they could make more money and be a star over there.

Here is basically what your list shows: Players who could either A) Be in the NBA maybe getting 15 to 20 minutes a game if they are lucky and make x amount of dollars. Or B) They could go to [insert Greek club] and play as much as they want for x + more money and be a star. It happened with Josh Childress just last year. My arguement was how good is the Greek leauge in making players good enough for the NBA.

In other words you are full of shit. I will never even bother to respond to you anymore. And Galis was much better than Tony Parker could ever dream of being. He was a Greek league player.

Spursfan092120
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Phila_Chamberlain...congratulations..you have done something that no one has been able to do...Get KBP to never talk to you again. I am totally jealous.

Brazil
05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
KBP for the love god go troll a Lakers forum please !! I beg you.

mathbzh
05-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Greek league >>>>>>> NCAA
Stop drafting all these college kids...:rolleyes

T.J Thompson
05-18-2009, 04:58 AM
The video of the Nichols's buzzer beater at 2.36
http://videos.lnbtv.net/J29PauHtv.wmv :king

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
First off, I find it funny you are the one calling people full of shit. Second Galis was a very good player in Greece in the 80s, but he didn't do anything in the NBA. Literally. I'll admit he got bad luck with his injury that pre-season when he was with the Celtics, but seriously? You're going to say he is better than Tony Parker? 80s basketball was very competitive, if this great player from the Greek League could have helped a team in the NBA he would have, and since Galis was an American I bet he would have left had the NBA come calling. Just because Galis looked like he was better than Tony Parker when playing against some teams that may or may not have been better than some college teams of that day does not mean that Galis was better than Tony Parker. If Wilt Chamberlain played in Greece in the 80s (7 to 10 years after he retired) Wilt would have been twice as dominate than he ever was in the 60s NBA.

Jordan, Petrovic, Sabonis, McAdoo all said Galis was the best player they ever played against. But I am supposed to believe that your opinion is better than theirs? If Parker is better than Galis then Parker is > Jordan. You have NEVER seen Galis play. It is BLASPHEMY to say Parker is better or as good as Galis. Galis was like a super human.

TheProfessor
05-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Jordan, Petrovic, Sabonis, McAdoo all said Galis was the best player they ever played against. But I am supposed to believe that your opinion is better than theirs? If Parker is better than Galis then Parker is > Jordan. You have NEVER seen Galis play. It is BLASPHEMY to say Parker is better or as good as Galis. Galis was like a super human.
:lol Like you've seen him play, Jeff. And your English just got so much better for some reason. Drop the act.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
:lol Like you've seen him play, Jeff. And your English just got so much better for some reason. Drop the act.

My name is NOT Jeff and I already say over and over I have excellent English.

One game of Galis. This is against the biggest European team of that era Olimpia Milano. It had some players like Bob McAdoo (NBA MVP and hall of fame), Ken Barlow (first round NBA draft pick), Mike D'Antoni (Kobe's European idol), some of the very best Italian players ever like Pittis and also Dino Meneghin who was voted I think back in the 80s the best European born player that ever lived by FIBA.

This is already when Galis had lost a step physically compared to the early 80s when he was in his prime. There is MANY, MANY, MANY games like this from him but there is so very few available in internet because it was the 80s and in Europe. But this is just a very small sample of what he did EVERY time he stepped on the court. And this is against the biggest Euroleague club in that day. Remember these are 40 MINUTE GAMES not 48 like in NBA.

This is how Galis played EVERY time whether Greek league, Euroleague, European championships, or World championships.

a9dBn72HRn8&fmtl=18

You fools that brag about your basketball knowledge and really know nothing are so sad. Galis is the leading scorer in points per game in the history of FIBA European championships, FIBA World championships, Greek cup, Greek league, Euroleague. He lead Euroleague in points and assists. He has Euroleague all time scoring record in game and all time assist record in game.

He beat Soviet Union team of the late 80s by himself TWICE. The same team that beat David Robinson and made Americans have to switch to NBA players because the college players could not beat them. The same team that had Sabonis and Marciolinous who were great NBA players. But that was Sabonis BEFORE his injuries. Galis beat them by himself basically twice. NBA fans brag about Sabonis and Drazen. They both said Galis was better than they were and even Drazen's brother said Galis was the best ever.

Even in Spanish league they had a special honor and award they made for Galis. He NEVER played in Spanish league and STILL they gave him a special honorary award as "best ACB player ever" because of how he played whenever he played against a Spanish club in Euroleague.

Tony Parker is a great player, one of best point guards in NBA, one of best European players ever. He is no Galis. Galis was the same exact type of player as Chris Paul except he was certainly a much superior and better scorer than Paul is.

TheProfessor
05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
God damn it my name is NOT Jeff and I already say over and over I have excellent English.
Is lies!

urunobili
05-18-2009, 07:02 PM
My name is NOT Jeff and I already say over and over I have excellent English.

So what is your name then? Where are you located? :wakeup

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm not even going to read it. You're taking this character you have created named Kill_Bill_Pana way too far. You're not Greek! And you never will be. So please stop acting like an asshole.

If I were pretending to be a Greek person I would at least try and post durring the Greek day time. Do you know that it is almost 4 a.m. in Athens right now? That means you have been posting from 2 to 9 in the morning in Greece almost every day since you started this act.

Now please GTFO.

You are a FAKE American. You are obviously just another Mexican troll.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 08:54 PM
You are a FAKE American. You are obviously just another Mexican troll.
Go away, Comcast Jeff.

T.J Thompson
06-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Hello,

a little news, Austin is going to Dallas for the Work Out now ..