PDA

View Full Version : Every West teams fans are saying the Spurs are done and want them in the 1st round...

timaios
04-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Hornets, Blazers, Rockets, Jazz...

I say bring them on !!!

Beware what you wish, because the Spurs will give you nightmares !!!

The beast is wounded, but not dead yet !
They will fight till the end... and beyond !
They are true champions, they will not surrender !

So come on, the Spurs and their fans are waiting for you.

Beware what you wish, because the Spurs will make you cry !

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

alchemist
04-07-2009, 08:29 AM
it's expected, many people have waited for the Spurs to falter, I'm pretty sure Disney execs were popping bottles behind the scenes when they knew Manu was out for the season.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-07-2009, 08:32 AM
not me....I wanted them to be 100% healthy, i think the Nuggets would have found 3rd time is a charm when it comes to trying to beat the Spurs in the playoffs :smokin

Rogue
04-07-2009, 08:37 AM

I say bring them on !!!

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

I wonder how you made your post done with so many smiles. but your point is exactly true. even without Manu, spurs are still among the top 3 most powerful teams in the west IMHO. The other two teams are the Lakers and our boys in blue.

tlongII
04-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't wish injury on any player so I feel bad for Ginobili. However, I would LOVE to play the Spurs in the playoffs now. It would be a free pass to the 2nd round. :lol

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Every West teams fans are saying the Spurs are done and want them in the 1st round...

Why wouldn't they? It is just good business...

Indazone
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Now the Spurs and Rockets are on equal footing. Rockets minus T-Mac and Spurs minus Ginobili. Can a wounded beast hurt the Lakers?

Rogue
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Now the Spurs and Rockets are on equal footing. Rockets minus T-Mac and Spurs minus Ginobili. Can a wounded beast hurt the Lakers?
T-Mac himself was just a big minus on the rockets team, so the rockets have gotten better according to the rule of "negative minus negative equals positive".

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 09:24 AM

The Rockets have been better than the Spurs for a few weeks now...with or without Manu.

lefty
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't now why, but now that Manu is out, I want to play the Lakers in the 1st round.

We might surprise them

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't now why, but now that Manu is out, I want to play the Lakers in the 1st round.

We might surprise them

Why? So the Lakers can sweep us in 4, then have Kobe showing us his "big balls" routine after every blowout victory? That is a sight I would rather not see...

Muser
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I'd rather have the Lakers in the 2nd round, fatigue and all that.

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Why? So the Lakers can sweep us in 4, then have Kobe showing us his "big balls" routine after every blowout victory? That is a sight I would rather not see...

Yeah, I really don't want to see Kobe's ball dance. Although, I did enjoy it at the AT &T center when he did his ball dance before Mason one-upped him and won the game with his big three. I loved the look on Kobe's face. Classic.
:toast

Keepin' it real
04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Every West team's fans can kiss my Spurs ass.

m33p0
04-07-2009, 10:22 AM
i say to them, 'be careful what you wish for.'

spurs have nothing to lose now.

mytespurs
04-07-2009, 10:22 AM
a word of warning to the west teams.....be very careful what you wish for because you may not like what you get. ;-)

The Spurs may not be as potent as they've been but they ain't actually chopped liver....there's Tony P, Tim D and I have a feeling that at least for a period of time the bench and role players will step it up a notch!

de Soto
04-07-2009, 10:33 AM

I say bring them on !!!

That is fully understandable.

1. Tim is playing like shit. He is no scam artist like Ginobili so Tim must be really hurt. And it is not a short term problem either.

2. Ginobili fucked up the rest of the team by hiding the extent of his injury and what's worse, Pop & Co. bought into his scam. I mean look at how poorly Mason and Hill are playing at the moment after getting off to a promising start.

3. The Spurs are essentially down to the Big One (1!!!) and that's Tony who has emerged as the premier PG in the NBA this season. But one man cannot carry the team, even Kobe couldn't. I just hope that Tony moderates his effort facing the hopeless task and avoids injuries and burnout. When the Spurs have rebuilt, Tony needs to be there 100% to lead the squad.

I am a HUGE fan of the Spurs and have been one for more than 10 years but the reality is that the Spurs are in such a total disarray that even the hapless mavs would kick their asses in the playoffs if the opportunity arose.

At least I will be spending less money on playoff tickets with the foreseeable first round exit. But this still sucks.

Girasuck
04-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Any sensible Jazz fan wants nothing to do with the Spurs, even if Ginobili is out. Any fan that thinks otherwise is a complete fool.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Manu is playoff basketball for the Spurs. In seasons past I've always felt that the Spurs will get as far as Manu can take them. You have the constants in Tim and Parker, and then Manu is there to take you to the next level. Now a lot of other folks will need to elevate their games for the Spurs to have even a remote shot. I can understand why fans of other teams are saying that about us.

Borosai
04-07-2009, 10:43 AM
If the Spurs' role players step up, a first-round exit is not guaranteed. We'll see what Pop does with the rotations in these last few games: if it's more Vaughn, Finley, and Udoka, then the other teams should be eager to play the Spurs.

spurs_50_21
04-07-2009, 10:44 AM

I say bring them on !!!

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

:flag:

yeah bring that shit ,spurs will show them:flag:

de Soto
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Any sensible Jazz fan wants nothing to do with the Spurs, even if Ginobili is out.

That's just the icing on the Spurs shitcake. The biggest problem is Tim's poor play. The second biggest problem is that the Spurs failed to build a backup plan and their recent performances indicate that there may not be enough time to do it now. Only bright spots at the moment are TP and DG but that's two guys. And occasionally MF is the third one, and even the thought of that really scares me.

Samr
04-07-2009, 10:56 AM
How hilarious is this that now that the Spurs are hurt and "ripe for the picking" or whatever the hell those other teams think.... the Suns are out of the playoffs.

I am honestly more confident about the Spurs now than ever. They aren't complete. They aren't expected to win anything. Everyone is gunning for them, because everyone thinks they will be an easy challenge.

But now, the Spurs have nothing to lose. They get to play their balls off every single game because the worst that can happen is they meet expectations.

I'd be afraid if I were Kobe. I'd be VERY afraid. Because with nothing to lose and everything to gain, the Spurs, now more than ever, have something to prove.

The NBA. Where "Come and get us!" happens.

de Soto
04-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Manu is playoff basketball for the Spurs. In seasons past I've always felt that the Spurs will get as far as Manu can take them.

You're making too much of the fact that Ginobili has always been a streaky and unreliable player. He is the reason Lakers beat the Spurs in the playoffs last year. All Ginobili had to put forth was a "normal" effort but he totally choked like a mav.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 11:01 AM
You're making too much of the fact that Ginobili has always been a streaky and unreliable player. He is the reason Lakers beat the Spurs in the playoffs last year. All Ginobili had to put forth was a "normal" effort but he totally choked like a mav.

You don't play around Ginobili, because there are no two Ginobili's in this league. As simple as that.

de Soto
04-07-2009, 11:05 AM
You don't play around Ginobili, because there are no two Ginobili's in this league. As simple as that.

Are you a doper cholo or just retarded? :lmao

urunobili
04-07-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't wish injury on any player so I feel bad for Ginobili. However, I would LOVE to play the Spurs in the playoffs now. It would be a free pass to the 2nd round. :lol

:lmao

Can't wait...

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM

This team would have two less titles without Ginobili's contributions. He was hurt against LA last year, but thanks for playing.

de Soto
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
This team would have two less titles without Ginobili's contributions. He was hurt against LA last year, but thanks for playing.

Not really, the money Ginobili gets paid buys equally valuable and way more RELIABLE talent in the NBA. Plain and simple.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 11:14 AM

You show who you are in every post... enough said really.
I've seen retards rarely get pinked temporarily in these forums, but you must definitely ride the short bus daily.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Not really, the money Ginobili gets paid buys equally valuable and way more RELIABLE talent in the NBA. Plain and simple.

Like who? Let's hear it genius.

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
You show who you are in every post... enough said really.
I've seen retards rarely get pinked temporarily in these forums, but you must definitely ride the short bus daily.

:tuThe guy definitely deserved pinkage and more.

SpurYank
04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
The only thing that is coming in loud and clear on this thread is that de Soto is a dumb ass who doesn't know which end is up. This particular injury for Manu happened during the game on Sunday. He was healthy for more than one game after rehabilitating the previous injury.

One has to be a Spurs fan through hard times and good times. I would be happy as hell with effort and close games, no matter how far we go. I fully expect our team, Pop, and the coaches to make the former come true, and that will guarantee the latter will also happen.

spurtech09
04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
didn't the spurs beat the blazers without manu and duncan this season?hmmmmm spurs are still a good team without manu

Brazil
04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
It's time for big TP show. I say rest him and TP untill the last two games of regular season and unleash hell in the first round against whatever team it doesn't matter now.

Mike Smrek
04-07-2009, 12:02 PM

I say bring them on !!!

You forgot to add the Lakers to your list. I would love to send the Spurs on another vacation (would that be five this decade? I lose track...) before they break up the team.

SA210
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Bring them on!

kace
04-07-2009, 12:21 PM

I say bring them on !!!

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

:toast

that's the best post i read today. i can understand other fans being happy and disrespecting us. but our own fans are acting like this, that's crazy.

we will give some hard time to any team in this PO before we go down, whatever the round it will be. and i still haven't quit on us winning it all. :flag:

spurs_50_21
04-07-2009, 12:32 PM

can not speak for him but i am a little of both haha,why you got a line thru your name like a name crossed out on a graffiti wall?

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 12:33 PM
didn't the spurs beat the blazers without manu and duncan this season?hmmmmm spurs are still a good team without manu

You beat me to it. :toast

Beaverfuzz
04-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Free pass for Portland? bwahahahahaha. Portland is good but they're not there yet tlong. :flag:

sammy
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM

You really are a dumbass if you refuse to give Ginobili credit for why this team wins and wins Championships!

quentin_compson
04-07-2009, 01:01 PM

Sorry, but that is just stupid. Mike Dunleavy, Larry Hughes or Jason Richardson are some guys that get the amount of money Manu makes this year. Are you seriously saying that one of those guys is even to close to Manu when it comes to talent, experience and guts?

crc21209
04-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I still believe we can make it to the WCF's without Manu. Beating the Lakers would be very difficult though. But they could still beat the Hornets, Rockets, Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz in my opinion.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
the West is actually REALLY weak this season..even without Ginobili, we can make it to the conference finals..

even the Lakers are overrated, but they're going to get a free pass, unlike the East, where Cleveland-Boston-Orlando will have to play each other in the 2nd round..