PDA

View Full Version : So We're All Cavs Fans Now, Right?

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Barring a miracle run by the Spurs.....anyone but LA right?......and at least we have some connections with Mike Brown and Cleveland running the Pop/Hank Egan system.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs take it..."anyone but the Lakers" is the new rallying cry for me...

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
At least we know the refs will be on Cleveland's side. Come Finals time it might get a little unbearable though to watch LeBron take three steps, barrel into someone, and get the and 1.

lefty
04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't see the Cavs beating the Lakers

JoeChalupa
04-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I'd rather see Kobe win it but I'm still with the Spurs baby!!!

Rogue
04-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't see the Cavs beating the Lakers
nope but the celtics can.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 09:56 AM
The Cavs make Kobe look as good as the Lakers fans think he is.

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Spurs do have a chance, and i dont think there is a miracle needed to do it. Anyway, Cavs will be in the finals for sure. Of course i want the cavs to beat the lakers if they meet, and think they will kick their asses.

samikeyp
04-07-2009, 10:00 AM
No.

JudynTX
04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I only root for one team, the Spurs.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Nah, I do support the Anyone but Lakers motto but I really don't like Lebron. I would prefer the Magic or Heat :)

ElNono
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm a Spurs fan. Don't really give a shit if somebody else wins it.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll bite. Support the Cavs. Anybody but the Fakers, indeed!

Cloud786
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Anyone but the Lakers OR Celtics!

m33p0
04-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Go Kings!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Fuck the Cavs. They no longer have the University of Houston's Damon Jones. Milwaukee all the way for me now!

JoeChalupa
04-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I like Lebron but I'd rather see Kobe win.

JudynTX
04-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Wait a minute, why are you picking other teams when the playoffs haven't even started yet?

xtremesteven33
04-07-2009, 10:19 AM
1.) Jazz
2.) Magic
3.) Cavaliers

Thats who i will be rooting for

spurs_50_21
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
SPURS or nobody

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Wait a minute, why are you picking other teams when the playoffs haven't even started yet?

Personally, I will root for the Spurs as hard as ever. That being said, barring a miracle run, we will be eliminated in the playoffs. The playoffs will go on, I will keep watching, and I will inevitably root for someone. Cleveland seems to be a logical leap for Spurs fans because they play our system, including some nasty defense, and have two of our old coaches on their staff.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I only root for one team, the Spurs.

Now that I think about it, my rooting interest after the Spurs are eliminated is typically against one team or the other, and is rarely very spirited.

Kori Ellis
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Don't bandwagon on the frontrunning Cavs or Lakers.

After the Spurs are eliminated, I'd root for the Hawks, if they were still in it. :drunk

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2009, 10:57 AM

After the Spurs are eliminated, I'd root for the Hawks, if they were still in it. :drunk

I agree. I'll have a hard time pulling for anyone should the Spurs be eliminated, but I can pretty much guarantee I'll be supporting whoever is playing against the Lakers, Celtics or Cavs in any series.

Go Mavs!!

new_N_town
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
no im riding with the C's .(thats after spurs lose )

Ed Helicopter Jones
^^^ Just kidding on the Mavs part.

urunobili
If the Spurs don't get to the Finals... I couldn't care less... I know i'll root against the Lakers and the Celtics though...

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM

There are non-bandwagon reasons to root for Cleveland.

spurs_50_21
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
these playoffs are going to be wild,i bet i lose my voice after first playoff game,my tv blew up when we beat cavs in finals no kidding made loud sound and went out right after they handed team trophy

lefty
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
1.) Jazz
2.) Magic
3.) Cavaliers

Thats who i will be rooting for

I would love to see Jerry Sloan and D. Williams with a ring.

They deserve it

angel_luv
04-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm rooting for Orlando- particularly Hedo. Orlando is the only other play off team I want to see win a championship.

tlongII
04-07-2009, 11:11 AM
What? No love for the Blazers?

lefty
04-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm rooting for Orlando- particularly Hedo. Orlando is the only other play off team I want to see win a championship.

Well, good luck with that.

Might as well root for the Spurs.

Or the Raptors

angel_luv
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM

I would be okay with them winning the WCF and then losing in the NBA finals to Hedo and the Magic.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 11:17 AM

They don't have enough. Wouldn't surprise me if they're done in the first round.

Allanon
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Well, you picked the right horse.

If they can make it to the Finals and past Detroit, the Magic are the only East team that can beat the Lakers.

And for those picking the Cavs, they really, really don't match up well with the Lakers. The Lakers have 3 guys that can guard LeBron (Kobe, Lamar, Ariza), this is why he's been so ineffective against the Lakers. And the Cavs main weakness is their interior defense...with Pau/Bynum/Lamar, the Lakers scored something like 60 points on them in the paint. In all seriousness, the Lakers would probably sweep the Cavs like the Spurs did.

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I think Portland will have to take a few years' worth of licks before they are championship-ready. What's scary is that will also be around the time they peak as players and a team.

mytespurs
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM

I like your team Ducks...a lot of positive upside however I don't think they're quite ready to challenge for a championship but they're not too far away....keep the faith! :)

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 11:39 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing them do well. I only openly root against NO, LA and Houston. Dallas and Utah I would be ok with me but Portland would be my team of choice to make it out of the WCF.

Brazil
04-07-2009, 11:39 AM
1) No lakers
2) No Hornets => seeing floppy cp3 winning would break my heart
3) No celtics

Go Bobcats !!

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, you picked the right horse.

If they can make it to the Finals and past Detroit, the Magic are the only East team that can beat the Lakers.

And for those picking the Cavs, they really, really don't match up well with the Lakers. The Lakers have 3 guys that can guard LeBron (Kobe, Lamar, Ariza), this is why he's been so ineffective against the Lakers. And the Cavs main weakness is their interior defense...with Pau/Bynum/Lamar, the Lakers scored something like 60 points on them in the paint. In all seriousness, the Lakers would probably sweep the Cavs like the Spurs did.

For as little as I like the Lakers, I feel the same thing. A Lakers/Cavs Finals would be a pretty boring series.

DBMethos
04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't mind a Bobcats championship...

mytespurs
04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
For as little as I like the Lakers, I feel the same thing. A Lakers/Cavs Finals would be a pretty boring series.

much like that Spurs-Cavs finals in '07.....I think I was in Vegas when the Spurs won....

Allanon
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
1) No lakers
2) No Hornets => seeing floppy cp3 winning would break my heart
3) No celtics

Go Bobcats !!

I am very happy the Bobcats are out of the Playoffs (I think 1 more win by Detroit clinches), they would have swept the Lakers if they actually made it that far. :lol

LEONARD
04-07-2009, 11:46 AM
All of the internet should be pulling for the Cavs...

If Cleveland wins the championship, I will leave this forum for life.

Not happening.

:downspin:

Capt Bringdown
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Keep it in Tejas. Hope the Rockets take it (like that's going to happen).

Watching PJ and Kobe get punked again in the finals might start to the sting out of this year, but I just can't see it happening.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I am very happy the Bobcats are out of the Playoffs (I think 1 more win by Detroit clinches), they would have swept the Lakers if they actually made it that far. :lol

I'm a little bummed that the Bobcats look like they won't make it to the POs, and not just because they habitually pound the Lakers: they've made enormous strides this year. Smart trades, patience, and Larry Brown's coaching have turned one of the crappiest teams in the NBA into a truly competitive force. Hopefully they can continue to improve next year.

Texas_Ranger
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm for Spurs and Orlando. Fuck the Lakers, Boston and Cavs!

Allanon
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm a little bummed that the Bobcats look like they won't make it to the POs, and not just because they habitually pound the Lakers: they've made enormous strides this year. Smart trades, patience, and Larry Brown's coaching have turned one of the crappiest teams in the NBA into a truly competitive force. Hopefully they can continue to improve next year.

I do like the Bobcats, as a team and as underdogs and I'd like to see Jordan get some post-career success.

I just hate that they "habitually pound the Lakers"...I think it's already been 4 years of this embarrassment so far.

FvckMavs
04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Lebron has 3 refs + Stern

[QUOTE=Allanon;3265908]

The Lakers have 3 guys that can guard LeBron (Kobe, Lamar, Ariza),

kace
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
disgusting :vomit:

that's really how i feel seeing so many fans, even some die hard fans, act like we were already eliminated from the PO.

i just can't see why anyone would root for any team other than the spurs.
we're still in the PO, with Tim FUCKING Duncan, Tony and the others guys.

GO SPURS :toast

Borosai
04-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I find it difficult to root for a bunch of guys who pretend to take hotpink-boa-wearing-ass-grabbing glamour shots before games.

At the same time, if Kobe doesn't win, will young women be safe anywhere?

To hell with the Celtics.

Fuck it, Spurs all the way. It's 2009!

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I like Lebron, so I'd root for him if the spurs are out

Brazil
04-07-2009, 12:20 PM

Go Bobcats Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast if the spurs are no more in the race I would love to see Bobcats win this shit (Brown / Diaw / Raja / MJ / Wallace... a lot of good reasons to root for them)

Seriously tough I will root for the spurs untill the last game, you know in sport we have all seen crazy things !

TP, Tim and the rest of the crew can do it !

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Whenever the Spurs' season ends, it's the offseason.

Mugen
04-07-2009, 12:24 PM
1. Spurs Championship
2. Lockout ends playoffs early and nobody wins
3. Anybody except the fakers, ANYBODY.

duncan228
04-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Whenever the Spurs' season ends, it's the offseason.

That's how it is for me too.

Sometimes I'll watch after they're out, I love the game. But my emotional investment is over, I don't root for anyone.

Illusionarist
04-07-2009, 12:33 PM
At least we know the refs will be on Cleveland's side. Come Finals time it might get a little unbearable though to watch LeBron take three steps, barrel into someone, and get the and 1.

Man this is true. I have been watching LeBron and he is using his strength too much. TOO much. He usually does charging fouls. What your opinion of the crab dribble?

SA210
04-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I am 2 things. A die hard Spurs fan, and anti-Lakers! My boys or nuthin.

:ihit

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry...I'm not holding a funeral yet...we're not dead yet. Won't change allegiances until we lose 4 games in a playoff series..and even then I won't care.

sammy
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Hopefully Orlando can win it all! I don't like Cleveland at all! After the bullshit on Sunday and cockiness and arrogance fuck NO!

xtremesteven33
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I am 2 things. A die hard Spurs fan, and anti-Lakers!

Exactamundo!!!
:toast

Although I would like to see Jerry Sloan win a ring......

Creation88
04-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Go Spurs
Go Anyone
Fuck the Lakers

lefty
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Go Jazz :D

hater
04-07-2009, 01:26 PM
FUck no! fuck Lebronze.

These are the teams I DO NOT want to win it all: Lakers, Celtics, Cavs

I will root for everyone else

DDS4
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
After the Spurs are eliminated, time for baseball season, NFL draft, NHL playoffs....etc.

I don't think I saw one full quarter of the Lakers/Celtics champ series last year.

WalterBenitez
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Barring a miracle run by the Spurs.....anyone but LA right?......and at least we have some connections with Mike Brown and Cleveland running the Pop/Hank Egan system.

Anyone but Lakers and Mavs ...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM
If and when the Spurs get eliminated..I'm rooting for any team that plays the Lakers...that makes me a Spurs fan.

Actually...scratch that... I don't give a shit about a lot of the teams in the West or the East this year, the squads all kind of suck now, no unique styles compared to other previous playoff runs...I think if the Spurs don't make it all the way this will be one of the rare years where I won't bother watching much of the other series. It'd be cool to see Lebron get his ring, but the Cavs bore me outside of Lebron; they lack charm.

Allanon
04-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Seriously tough I will root for the spurs untill the last game, you know in sport we have all seen crazy things !

TP, Tim and the rest of the crew can do it !

As you should. Truth is Manu missed 30+ games this year. Manu hasn't really been there the whole year if you think about injury time + ease back in time. The team has had a season to adjust to Manu's absence.

All that and the Spurs will have 50+ wins. I can certainly see the Spurs getting to the WCF if Mason finds his stroke again.

Winning the WCF will be very tough, I ain't gonna lie. But the WCF is always a battle and I wouldn't give up early either.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
anybody except the Lakers..I don't wanna see that rapist winning a title as a #1 option..

Cleveland is exactly like the 2003 Spurs, so that's pretty cool IMO..

I'm rooting for the Celtics to beat LA though..

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 01:47 PM
As you should. Truth is Manu missed 30+ games this year. Manu hasn't really been there the whole year if you think about injury time + ease back in time. The team has had a season to adjust to Manu's absence.

All that and the Spurs will have 50+ wins. I can certainly see the Spurs getting to the WCF if Mason finds his stroke again.

Winning the WCF will be very tough, I ain't gonna lie. But the WCF is always a battle and I wouldn't give up early either.

Allanon, you may be one of the classier people to post on these forums. There's no doubt you're the classiest Laker fan whose opinions I've ever had the pleasure of reading. ;)

SPURS50
04-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I'd never cheer for the Cavs nor the Lakers! If we don't make it far I will cheer for the Blazers or the Jazz as long as they don't meet the Spurs in the PO.

xtremesteven33
04-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Allanon, you may be one of the classier people to post on these forums. There's no doubt you're the classiest Laker fan whose opinions I've ever had the pleasure of reading. ;)

Allanon is a cool guy but shit man now he can puff the Spurs up all he wants.....he knows we cant beat the Lakers :blah

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Man this is true. I have been watching LeBron and he is using his strength too much. TOO much. He usually does charging fouls. What your opinion of the crab dribble?

The crab dribble itself is legal, but what LBJ did against the Wiz was not a crab dribble, it was a plain old three step travel.

It sucks that the rules can't be enforced reliably, especially because officiating affects basketball games as much or more than any other sport.

That being said, I can't really blame LeBron for the failure of the refs. If I were in his shoes, I would push the envelope as well and get every advantage for myself I could. That's the nature of competition. We don't expect these guys to police themselves, that's why we have officials.

Allanon
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM

Thanks Morg, I just can't understand the quitting on the team so early. Others have said it, there's still a whole playoffs to be played. And no matter what has happened, that doesn't change the fact that the Spurs are a 50 win team, most without Manu. Not much has changed except Mason's in a slump.

Allanon is a cool guy but shit man now he can puff the Spurs up all he wants.....he knows we cant beat the Lakers :blah

One game at a time, one series at a time bro. I'll wait until the WCF to tell you how I really feel :lol

vander
04-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd rather See LA win than any other team but the Spurs, I like the "exclusive club" of NBA champs. I liked it when only 5 teams had won NBA championships since the mid 80's, then Miami had to go and F*** it all up.

Here's to LA-Boston, Rd. 2 :toast

Edit, actually I think I prefer Houston to LA, they're in the club, they've built a good team with solid moves by the FO. and the Southwest Divison would be represented, SW pride!

Strike
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't have a problem with the Lakers. Just douchebag Laker fans. If/when the Spurs are eliminated, I'll probably root for LA.

As far as I'm concerned, if the Spurs don't win it all, it's anyone except Cleveland and Boston.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
LA??? what kind of Spurs fans are you??!

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Spurs fans cheering for the Lakers?...why? how?..

Pentagruel
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I still think the Spurs can get to the WCF but its not realistic to think they will get any further then that. Naturally I will support them all the way, thats not a question. Once they are eliminated though I hope either the Lakers or the Mavs win it all... my most hated rivals.

Thompson
04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Assuming the Spurs get knocked out, I would root for the Cavs or Magic. Really anyone but the Lakers or Celtics.

spurtech09
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Only one team I like spurs.....spurs all the way....good luck spurs I believe you can do something special in the play-offs...go spurs go*t*

SpursDynasty
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Actually, no. I'd rather see the Lakers win it than that joke LeBron James and Cleveland. LA would sweep Cleveland. It's a joke that LeBron is even an MVP candidate. I don't know how someone who went 14-for-45 from the floor vs. the Lakers is even in the MVP talks. LeBron James is a joke. Mo Williams being an All-Star is a joke.

I still say the Spurs get past LA in the WCF's though.

Road Warrior
04-07-2009, 03:29 PM
If the Spurs get eliminated i won't be rooting for anybody, but i'll definitely stick with the "Anybody but the Lakers" motto

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM

I'd be rooting for them, but there's this fucking prick that trolls and makes tasteless comments. I'm really happy every time something bad happens to the Blazers because I know it kills him.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Spurs fans cheering for the Lakers?...why? how?..

This whole "Manu out for the rest of the season" thing has some Spurs fans brains scrambled. Be patient with them.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd be rooting for them, but there's this fucking prick that trolls and makes tasteless comments. I'm really happy every time something bad happens to the Blazers because I know it kills him.

:lol