PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Expectations through the years...

Spurs1234
04-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Thought it would be interesting to hear spurs fans expectations through the years. While many have compared manu going down similar to TD in 2000, I suggest this one. 2001 and Derick Anderson. I still don't think you can compare no manu to no TD, TD is the foundation its all built off. But like manu, anderson gave us that athletic wing that "would make the difference vs. the lakers." Ring a bell. I still think this team can make the conf. finals with alittle luck. I just think the outcome, well, could be like 2001.
These were basically going through my head in past years:

2008-Finally, we have a shot to repeat. No injuries, not too happy about the three seed, but this finally could be the year we repeat.
2007-Man, the mavs look good. I hope we don't have to play them anytime soon. The suns arent that bad either. Dam, we have to play the nuggets in the first round, they are pretty hot. Oh well, I like our chances to make something happen.
2006- You can print the tickets for the nba finals baby!!! I actually remember scheduling stuff in my personal life in June, so that I would have a lot of free time. NEVER have done that before, thats how confident I was...oh well.
2005 - I love our team, but I hope TD is healthy, that was a bad ankle sprain. Dam, we have to play the hot nuggets in the first round. I like our chances though.
2004- Wow, 11 in a row, bring it on. We have the lakers number, lets do this. Wasn't this the year kobe hit a crazy buzzer beater vs. portland to win their division, meaning the spurs and lakers were locked into a second round matchup...once again.
2003- Ok, somehow we finished with the number one seed. The team is explosive, fun to watch, but can we beat the lakers...I don't want to play the lakers. I remember the lakers got the 5 seed on the last day of the reg. season, they beat Golden state or something, meaning the spurs would play them in the second round, I was not happy.
2002- This team is real solid, but alittle too solid. They won't beat the lakers, probably can't beat sactown.
2001- I really like this team, bring the lakers on. All changed acouple weeks later, thanks J. Howard.
2000- No duncan, no chance...atleast we can beat the suns...thats until Todd Day went off, I remember my friend kept saying, "is it night or day" when he was raining threes.
1999- Could it be, the spurs are on their way. I felt real good going into that postseason, wasn't happy about playing the lakers in the second round, but liked our chances.
1998- Still didn't realize tim duncan was that good, thought it would be a fun playoffs, make some noise, which we did. Afterwards, realized TD was that good.
1997-no thoughts
1996- Honestly don't remember much about these playoffs, other than utah had our number.
1995- This is the year robinson gets this title, really confident.