PDA

View Full Version : From A Laker Fan.

Midnight Blue
04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

Of all the teams in the past my beloved lakers have come to face the only team i have respect for has always been the San Antonio Spurs. With last year i was happy to see what i thought would be a few more battles with you guys for western conference champs. I thought an old rivalry renewed would be great for both or teams and unlike our previous rivals i was always a little nervous playing the spurs because you guys have been a measuring stick this decade for any team wanting to contend for the finals..

No other team in the nba has had more class and grace when losing and winning and i'm not sure how you guys feel about pop. But i've always liked him and considered him a players coach.

Reading about ginobli i decided to register and post this saying that you guys still have a very talented and strong team. For the small minority of fans panicking, don't give up. you guys are still easily talented enough and have enough vetern leadership to make a run at everything.

I'll cheer for you guys in the playoffs till you get to my lakers. But playing against you guys for so many years has won me over as a bit of a fan.
Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

Of all the teams in the past my beloved lakers have come to face the only team i have respect for has always been the San Antonio Spurs. With last year i was happy to see what i thought would be a few more battles with you guys for western conference champs. I thought an old rivalry renewed would be great for both or teams and unlike our previous rivals i was always a little nervous playing the spurs because you guys have been a measuring stick this decade for any team wanting to contend for the finals..

No other team in the nba has had more class and grace when losing and winning and i'm not sure how you guys feel about pop. But i've always liked him and considered him a players coach.

Reading about ginobli i decided to register and post this saying that you guys still have a very talented and strong team. For the small minority of fans panicking, don't give up. you guys are still easily talented enough and have enough vetern leadership to make a run at everything.

I'll cheer for you guys in the playoffs till you get to my lakers. But playing against you guys for so many years has won me over as a bit of a fan.
Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

:toast

kace
04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

very classy :toast

hope you'll still be when the spurs will kick your team's ass in the PO :hat

Brazil
04-07-2009, 12:38 PM
classy first post. Welcome!

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.
Much love and class. We appreciate it. :toast

sammy
04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Classy post from a Laker fan compared to some others rubbing salt in the wound! :toast

spurs_50_21
04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Classy post from a Laker fan compared to some others rubbing salt in the wound! :toast

yeah,when i saw thread i thought here we go again,but i never expected the post i read

TheManFromAcme
04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Here, Here. :toast

I may not root for the Silver and Black but I know class when I see it not to mention David Robinson being inducted yesterday. The man oozes Class.

SPURS50
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Respect!

urunobili
04-07-2009, 02:17 PM
welcome to the forum! :tu

Budkin
04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Another classy Laker fan? Between Allanon and this one, I think I'm going insane...

Spursone
04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Mucho RESPECT!

samikeyp
04-07-2009, 02:25 PM

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Welcome, we could use more laker fans like yourself.:toast

tlongII
04-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

Yeah whatever. Now you got to deal with us bitch.

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Here, Here. :toast

I may not root for the Silver and Black but I know class when I see it not to mention David Robinson being inducted yesterday. The man oozes Class.

Manfromacme, you too are a classy poster.:toast

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM

Man, you're an ass.:pimpslap

mytespurs
04-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

It's always nice in all the back and forth smack b/t Spurs & Lakers fan to read something like this....thanks! :)

TheManFromAcme

I hope Oden just stays healthy enough. I like his game but the man is also made out of glass. When was the last time you guys won anything? Oh yeah.....'76 or was it '77. :nope

Your a damn good team, no doubt. But we warned.

Duncan74
I'm shocked that there are actual Laker fans that show some class!!

Muser
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Classy, but if I where a laker fan i'd respect Boston the most.

Flux451
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM

They will have to deal with yall and two other West teams.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 02:41 PM

:rollin

TheManFromAcme
04-07-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm shocked that there are actual Laker fans that show some class!!

We're in here Duncan74. I'am a Laker fan (not one individual) but also of the game.....FIRST.

True Laker fans or b-ball fans for that matter will give props to ANY player of any team.

Not to mention, I am now living permanently here in your fair and beautiful city and my girlfriend just so happens to love her Spurs.

Don't get me wrong. I can talk smack with the best of them but you won't see any cuss words from me nor will I take personal shots at anyone in here and players. It is afterall,.....just a game.

TwinTowers
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Even though they won't be at full strength, no one can take the Spurs lightly. SA is still one of the best in the league; whoever is taking them out of the championship picture is making a huge mistake. Once again they will enter the playoffs under the radar, but they'll come out strong as they always do.

Lakers vs. Spurs WCF 08-09... Any other match up would be just a fluke!

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

Classily put and much respect.

Borosai
04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
What the hell is going on here? I demand some hostility.

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Now that's a good laker fan!!! REspect

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Classy, but if I where a laker fan i'd respect Boston the most.

Why? Boston hasn't been a contender in this decade until last year?

Muser
04-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Why? Boston hasn't been a contender in this decade until last year?

Because of history.

Mavs<Spurs
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.

-Just another Laker Fan.

Thanks for the classy post !

SpursWench21
04-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Cheers to you and manfromacme!:toast I like, that in this crazy world, Lakers and Spurs fans can...get along. Go SPURS!:flag:

Lakers999
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
i love the poster first comment... however, I do enjoy and relish in the fact that the lakers ruined the spurs chances of repeating on 2 seperate ocassions. LMAO

MaddSurf82
04-07-2009, 11:25 PM
and yet they migrate to s.a from l.a.