PDA

View Full Version : Question about Next Year...

poop
04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
ok so we have Mahinmi for sure right?
can we expect to have Gist and Hairston as well, or will they be able to sign elsewhere?

reason i ask bout Mahinmi is cause there are virtually no decent center free agents available this summer (exception of mehmet okur(did not count rasheed cause hes too old and gets 14 million next year)). looks like we will need Mahinmi more than ever.

i have before me a list of all '09 free agents but first i need to know if we can count on having Gist, mahinmi and Malik next year before i make any decisions.

anonoftheinternets
04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
can we expect to have Gist and Hairston as well, or will they be able to sign elsewhere?

reason i ask bout Mahinmi is cause there are virtually no decent center free agents available this summer (exception of mehmet okur(did not count rasheed cause hes too old and gets 14 million next year)). looks like we will need Mahinmi more than ever.

i have before me a list of all '09 free agents but first i need to know if we can count on having Gist, mahinmi and Malik next year before i make any decisions.

:toast more power to poop. We all nervously await your decisions :king.

But to answer the question, pop will probably treat Mahinmi like Hill, so I would rather pick up a free agent even if he is old, because atleast there is a chance he would play. Gooden is gone though. I dont think pop will ever like him.

poop
04-07-2009, 01:03 PM
but will we still have malik and Gist?

Bruno
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Mahinmi and Hairston are under contracts for next year.
Gist can only sign with Spurs if he decides to play in NBA.

Libri
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM

I think the Spurs still retain the rights to all three players. They could get invited to the summer league for evaluation. It all depends on the Spurs staff. The Spurs also have some players in Europe. Other Spurs fans here can give you more information on their status and their possibilities of getting invited and making the team.

anonoftheinternets
04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
but will we still have malik and Gist?

well we will have hariston, because obviously they have shown they care enough to bring him to the spurs during one strech to prevent other teams from picking him up. But again he is a rookie, and unless Pop's decides to play his rookies, I expect treatment similar to Hill. Of course the only exception is if Mahinmi and Malik play like they belong and impress Pop. But that might be asking for too much. So hopefully, finley will be gone, because Malik looks like a great on ball defender. if only he picks up the rotations, and Duncan's knees improve, andddd we pick up another great defensive big who is smart, then we will be back to one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. lot of Ifs. Going to be an interesting year coming up.

poop
04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
cool thanks for the info. i think we will have a solid team next year, maybe better than this years team even. will will finally have an infusion of youth to put around tim and tony.