PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Spurs All Business At Shootaround

duncan228
04-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Spurs all business at shootaround (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/spurs-all-busin.html#more)
By Mike Monroe

OKLAHOMA CITY -- With Manu Ginobili's season-ending injury fresh on their minds, the Spurs were all business at their morning shootaround at Ford Center on Tuesday morning.

There was none of the typical pre-game jocularity often seen in the latter stages of the light practice sessions. Instead, most of the players quietly did some extra shooting, including Roger Mason Jr., who goes back into the starting lineup at shooting guard.

Mason acknowledged he and his teammates had been "devastated" when word came down about the stress fracture in Ginobili's right ankle area that put the kibosh on his season.

Ginobili's absence gives the Spurs two choices: Winning or whining.

Gregg Popovich made it clear he expects little of the latter.

"That's not how the team is built, character-wise," he said, "so we look at it as a challenge and take it on."

Winning without Ginobili won't be easy, even for a Spurs team whose character Popovich trusts, and he knows it. But with the clear vision of a true logician, the Spurs coach put a new spin on "it is what it is."

"Whatever happens from here happens," he said. "There's really no other choice."

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Kick ass.

G-Nob
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Greatest. Coach. Ever.

hater
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
"That's not how the team is built, character-wise," he said, "so we look at it as a challenge and take it on."

:tu

time for the tough to get going and the bitches like DeSoto and SequSpur to go fuck themselves.

all I know is this site is going to be bliss these playoffs since most of the whiny bitches will be gone for the season :whine

crc21209
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Time to go out and say fuck the world. I believe in you guys...:flag:

Flux451
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
time to go out swinging!

now we are truly the underdogs

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 02:51 PM
"Whatever happens from here happens," he said. "There's really no other choice."

At least he understands the situation... :rolleyes

SpursWench21
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Time to go out and say fuck the world. I believe in you guys...:flag:
+1 lets make it rain on some punk asses this post season! Go SPURS Go!!!:flag:

VI_Massive
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Would love to see us start playing with a chip on our shoulders. bill simmons has beaten this to the ground but there is some truth in it -- the "nobody believes in us" factor can be huge.

That being said, as we saw last night with UNC, most of the time, talent wins.

SA210
04-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm here to stay, always will be for the Spurs, but I still say to start Bruce Bowen!

Go Spurs!

:flag:

spurtech09
04-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crookshanks
04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I realize that Manu is a huge part of this team and winning without him is going to be tough - but it's not impossible. Just take a look at some of the teams we've played this year that were really shorthanded because of injuries - they played with an added fierceness. That could happen with the Spurs - they know they're the underdogs and that most everybody around the league has already written them off - so there's no high expectations. So they go out there with an attitude and a chip on their shoulders and play their hearts out - who knows what could happen?!

I know the odds are against it - but man, wouldn't it be sweet to get to the finals as the underdog that everybody said was all but dead?

SA210
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I realize that Manu is a huge part of this team and winning without him is going to be tough - but it's not impossible. Just take a look at some of the teams we've played this year that were really shorthanded because of injuries - they played with an added fierceness. That could happen with the Spurs - they know they're the underdogs and that most everybody around the league has already written them off - so there's no high expectations. So they go out there with an attitude and a chip on their shoulders and play their hearts out - who knows what could happen?!

I know the odds are against it - but man, wouldn't it be sweet to get to the finals as the underdog that everybody said was all but dead?

:ihit

:flag:

spurtilldeath
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Never say die....lets go spurs...lets go play and not let weakness convince us that we lack strength....

SPURS50
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
It is what it is. Maybe it motivates them to go out and give 110% against all odds. I want to see how they play now knowing that no one thinks they have a shot.

DaBears
04-07-2009, 03:50 PM
WE have been an underdog all yr. And shit has happened like this all yr. I say we control our own fate. Now get out there and prove the world wrong.

KICK ASS SPURS, and not just tonight either, its the fuckin Thunder for gosh sake.