PDA

View Full Version : GTFO...Tom Cruise & John Travolta might remake Butch Cassidy

JudynTX
04-07-2009, 01:55 PM
:bang

Tom Cruise is looking to team up with John Travolta to remake the classic 1960’s western Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Tom would play the part of Sundance, originally Robert Redford’s part, and John Travolta would take up Paul Newman’s role as Butch. The movie has been one of Tom’s favorites since he was a little boy and this would be a “labor of love” for him.

The surrogate father of Scientology plans to produce the remake through his United Artists Studio and is currently in talks with scriptwriters, a new report claims.

A source tells The Daily Mirror: “Butch and Sundance is a labor of love for Tom. He was eight years old when he saw the original and it made an impression that has stayed with him all his life. He can’t wait to get to work.”

Tom hopes to revive the role of Sundance–played by Robert Redford in the original film–while 55-year-old John is expected to play Cassidy.

The 46-year-old star even got the blessing of Paul Newman - who originally played the role of Cassidy in the film about a pair of lovable bank robbers–before he died of lung cancer last September, tattles tell the tab.

“It has been a pet project of his that has been on the back-burner for years. But now he’s ready to go, and will most likely happily eschew the enormous salary that he normally commands.”

[From Pop Crunch]

No, Tom Cruise. Just no.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I don’t pay it respect by trying to film a remake; I have a poster of it on my wall and I own the DVD.

If this report is true, you can bet there are going to be some interesting stories from on set. With the two stars being devout Scientologists, you just know there are going to be some strange demands and goings-on. They’ll set up a makeshift church in the studio lot, or require everyone on set to get an E-meter reading.

Tom needs to rethink his career, and the first step would probably be to stop fancying himself as an action star, and find some roles where he plays the bad guy. He did it in Collateral with Jamie Foxx, and was pretty believable. What do you guys think - should Tom take more villain roles?

movie (http://http://www.celebitchy.com/45019/tom_cruise_and_john_travolta_might_remake_butch_ca ssidy_and_the_sundance_kid/)

JoeChalupa
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Just more proof that Hollywood has run out of original ideas. That movie is a classic and a remake will suck.
LEAVE THE THREE STOOGES ALONE!!!!!

Blake
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
bad ideas.

as for three stooges......Sean Penn?? are you kidding me? yeah, he looks like Larry but cmon, he's about as funny as a rectal exam.

PixelPusher
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I can't wait for the trailer to come out. Being in a theater full of people hurling obscenities and heartfelt boos when this piece of Fail comes on during the previews will be so awesome.

mrsmaalox
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Terrible idea! At least with those 2 actors...

Frenzy
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
never seen the original...so don't matter to me. I don't plan on watching the original either.

Goliadnative
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
"Yo Sundance, up your nose with a rubber hose!"

Jekka
04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
This makes my head hurt.

SA210
04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
LEAVE THE THREE STOOGES ALONE!!!!!

samikeyp
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Butch Hubbard and the Scientology Kid.

No thanks.

atxrocker
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
fucking fail

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
absolutely disgusting

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Tom's quickly becoming a joke...a well paid joke.

SA210
04-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I think what's sadder is that stupid remake of The Karate Kid with Will Smith's son. :pctoss

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Never before have so many rooted so hard for the Bolivian army.

JudynTX
04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I think what's sadder is that stupid remake of The Karate Kid with Will Smith's son. :pctoss

You're still pissed at that huh? :lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2009, 02:26 PM

:lol Nice!

SA210
04-07-2009, 02:51 PM
You're still pissed at that huh? :lmao

:lol Really, I can't stomach it! Now you just don't remake Butch Cassidy, I agree, but come on, Karate Kid isn't even old enough for anyone to even forget who is The Karate Kid for there to be a remake. Let alone for it to be played by Will's son!

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

JoeChalupa
04-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Butch Hubbard and the Scientology Kid.

No thanks.

:lmao

PixelPusher
04-07-2009, 02:54 PM

The modernized remake will replace the Bolivian Army with Xenu's Galactic Fleet of ships that look like DC-8s.

Mark in Austin
04-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Really Tom Cruise. You're really this tone deaf? Really?

Everybody thinks you're a crazy Scientologist nutjob so to remake the ultimate buddy movie you want to team up with...

The crazy scientologist nutjob from Battlefield Earth?

That's going to help rehab your image?

Really?

exstatic
04-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Butch and Sundance: The Xenu Years.

Seriously, Tom...it wasn't enough for you to fuck up the Mission Impossible franchise by turning it's leading hero into a traitor? Aren't there some couches somewhere that need jumping on, or some depressed women for you to berate?

mardigan
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
:lol Really, I can't stomach it! Now you just don't remake Butch Cassidy, I agree, but come on, Karate Kid isn't even old enough for anyone to even forget who is The Karate Kid for there to be a remake. Let alone for it to be played by Will's son!

Yea, well there remaking Robocop too, which is even newer, so I guess we all have to get over the fact that Hollywood is out of ideas.

And as far as remaking Butch Cassidy, I mean isn't it enough that they already made one terrible prequel already? Why does Hollywood have to ruin everything that's already great?

monosylab1k
04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
as for three stooges......Sean Penn?? are you kidding me? yeah, he looks like Larry but cmon, he's about as funny as a rectal exam.

Jeff Spicoli disagrees.

and isn't John Travolta all fat now?

Blake
04-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Jeff Spicoli disagrees.

2009 agrees.

and isn't John Travolta all fat now?

Urban Cowboy disagrees.

T Volt just needs to read the 'lose 15 pounds' thread.

SA210
04-07-2009, 10:04 PM
2009 agrees.

Urban Cowboy disagrees.

T Volt just needs to read the 'lose 15 pounds' thread.

Is there a 50 pounds thread?

Mister Sinister
04-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh, HELL, no!

Nbadan
04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
...you sure its Butch Cassidy or Bitchslaping Cassidy?

Melmart1
04-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Just more proof that Hollywood has run out of original ideas.

Wrong. There are plenty of great screenwriters and scripts out there. Hollywood is just afraid to take a chance because people keep paying money to see shit movies like the Prom Night or Friday the 13th remakes. If the public keeps paying money to see tired retreads, that is what they are going to keep making.

CuckingFunt
04-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Wrong. There are plenty of great screenwriters and scripts out there. Hollywood is just afraid to take a chance because people keep paying money to see shit movies like the Prom Night or Friday the 13th remakes. If the public keeps paying money to see tired retreads, that is what they are going to keep making.

Ding ding ding.

There's too much good stuff still being made for me to completely give up on creativity in Hollywood. People just don't like having to look for it.

JudynTX
04-08-2009, 07:38 AM

:lol Who is suppose to play Mr. Miyagi?

Really Tom Cruise. You're really this tone deaf? Really?

Everybody thinks you're a crazy Scientologist nutjob so to remake the ultimate buddy movie you want to team up with...

The crazy scientologist nutjob from Battlefield Earth?

That's going to help rehab your image?

Really?

This has fail written all over it. Robert Redford is still alive, if anyone, he should be remaking this movie.

SpursStalker
04-08-2009, 08:03 AM
fucking fail

EPIC fucking fail!