PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Spurs WIN BIG tonight...

Road Warrior
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
The last 24 hours or so have been tough to deal with knowing that we're not gonna be serious championship contenders when the Playoffs roll around which is something we haven't had to deal with in a while. It's been a lot of doom and gloom around here and rightfully so, but it would be nice to see the Spurs just come out and beat the shit out of the Thunder tonight. Even though it would just be the Thunder, they have beat us twice and it would awesome to the Spurs just come out and put the hurt on somebody just to prove to everybody and maybe even themselves what they're still capable of. I know there's a 99% chance this season won't end in a Title but i still think this team has what it takes to make some noise and a blowout victory tonight might just be what we need to get it started.

SA210
04-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Start Bruce!

JoeChalupa
04-07-2009, 03:08 PM
I concur.

easy7
04-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I agree 100%

SpursWench21
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Good thought. Im hoping we witness a Spurs slamming of the thunder to the ground while im slamming back a few beers to my stomach. Go Spurs! Lets get back on track starting tonight!!

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
James White!

SPURS50
04-07-2009, 03:34 PM
If Finley gaurds Durant we won't win big.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
The last 24 hours or so have been tough to deal with knowing that we're not gonna be serious championship contenders when the Playoffs roll around which is something we haven't had to deal with in a while. It's been a lot of doom and gloom around here and rightfully so, but it would be nice to see the Spurs just come out and beat the shit out of the Thunder tonight. Even though it would just be the Thunder, they have beat us twice and it would awesome to the Spurs just come out and put the hurt on somebody just to prove to everybody and maybe even themselves what they're still capable of. I know there's a 99% chance this season won't end in a Title but i still think this team has what it takes to make some noise and a blowout victory tonight might just be what we need to get it started.

It's all up to Pop...if he tries Bruce out on Durant and gives Gooden and Hill significant minutes, we have a good shot to win. If he starts Finley on Durant and gives the majority of the minutes to Bonner, Udoka and Vaughn...it will be more of the same.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Spurs fans have reached a point of desperation when a win against OKC (21-55) is considered huge.

Just because they made a couple of shots last time, doesn't mean they're significant.

Creation88
04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
tonight is the biggest statement game of the year. if we come out flat then the league will know that Pop and the organization has given away this season.

we need to kill OKC tonight.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2009, 03:59 PM
tonight is the biggest statement game of the year. if we come out flat then the league will know that Pop and the organization has given away this season.

This forum disappoints me.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 04:05 PM

I don't know if I agree with that statement, at least not entirely. Tonight will be a Readjusting-to-Life-Without-Manu-Game, after a series of jerky Readjusting-to-Life-With-Manu-Games. We're bound to be a bit out of step tonight, against a team that, for whatever reason, recently acquired our proverbial number.

What's more important to me tonight is EFFORT and ATTITUDE. If we play hard and efficiently but still can't get the win, I'll be happy knowing that at least our boys are giving it their all. If we play flat, without drive, and just try to roll to an easy win with no effort or focus, THEN I'll be disappointed.

anonoftheinternets
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
This forum disappoints me.

+1 ..... thunder = easy win, both losses were less than 2 pts

SPURS50
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Not a statement game. Just a game where the spurs come out and play hard and just flat out win. No such thing as a statement game when the team you face is lottery bound.

spurtech09
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
just win the game thats it....close game or blowout....just win

Bukefal
04-07-2009, 04:28 PM
We will win, full confidence, go spurs!!!

1Parker1
04-07-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm sure the Spurs will win, they've had rest, and I think Parker will explode and will them to victory.

spursfan1000
04-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I really hope that the Spurs win tonight! We need some revenge. I want them to beat the living shit out of them. I went to both games and we still lost! In Oklahoma and San Antonio. I hope Roger Mason does good tonight and gets back on track. This has been a tough 2 days for the fans and the Spurs, saying about us losing to a championship contender in Cavs by 20 points and finding out that Manu is out for season.

:flag:

ulosturedge
04-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Duncan needs to rest out the rest of the regular season so I dunno about any statement games lol.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Duncan needs to rest out the rest of the regular season so I dunno about any statement games lol.

That would be the smart move...don't think Pop will sit him though.