PDA

View Full Version : Manu saw the poll and wants you to know...

jalberto
04-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I posted the result of the official trade Ginobili poll in Manuginobil.com forum:
http://www.manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23027&start=4560

Manu saw it and asked me to thank you all for your understanding and support. It is an unfortunate situation that he believes has nothing to do with his participation in the Olympic Games. Different things in different legs.
If there is any doubt or question, you are invited to participate soon in "Preguntas a Manu" a section where , from time to time, Manu let us ask him questions.

Thanks!!

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I bet the poll options were a little uncomfortable...

xtremesteven33
04-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Manu:

"Fuck you, Fuck you, Fuck you, Fuck you.....Youre Cool.....and Fuck You."

SA210
04-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Manu:

:lol

Manu is my boy, he and Bruce are my favorite Spurs, and of course D-Rob.

Manu is the man, and he'll be back with a vengeance :tu

DPG21920
04-07-2009, 04:50 PM
http://checkered-vans.com/scenelulz/macros/awkward.jpg

TMTTRIO
04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm glad Manu tries to stay away from these boards. Imagine if he was reading all these threads:wow

koriwhat
04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
manu will retire with the spurs in due time... i'm sick of all the bs threads here ever since the end of last yrs wcf and olympics about manu fucking the spurs over. complete ludicrous especially against someone who has poured his heart into the spurs organization and has given his all to all you chumps out there who consider yourself fans.

manu you're the shit! a warrior! a beast! all heart and desire! get well manu!!!

kace
04-07-2009, 04:54 PM
wonderful if it could gives manu some comfort.

but the awful way this poll is made, there's really no other choice than the 2nd one.

i was so bored about manu's injuries and all the talk about whether he would be ready for PO, this year again. i just want a healthy manu, without having to care and wonder about his shape issues.

but really, you can only support this guy. he puts so much pressure on himself to do well.

it has been 3 consecutives big competitions (08 PO, Olympics and 09 PO) wasted for manu. hard time. get well and get back at full strenght next year :toast

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 04:58 PM
http://checkered-vans.com/scenelulz/macros/awkward.jpg

yep.:hat

BonnerDynasty
04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
If Rocky can rebound from Rocky V, Manu can sure as hell become the beast he once was.

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 05:04 PM
If Rocky can rebound from Rocky V, Manu can sure as hell become the beast he once was.

Except Rocky was a movie.:lol

But in all seriousness, I think Manu can come back too. We have to believe the big 3 can win at least one more ring together.:toast

SASchick20
04-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Awww! He's so sweet. Poor guy, he must be feeling just so devastated right now.

Manu:

:lol I would totally be doing the same thing.

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Manu Rocks. He'll get better and be fine. If we get rid of this guy, we're DEFINITELY going to regret it. Besides, I read somewhere that if Manu ever stopped playing for the Spurs, he'd leave and play in Argentina.

SA210
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM

I don't know why, but that reminds me of Steve Bucsemi in the movie Big Daddy, the courtroom scene...

"If OJ can get away with murder, then why can't Sonny have his kid?"

Death In June
04-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I feel embarassed for our fan base. The guy deserves better from spur fans.

DPG21920
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I feel embarassed for our fan base. The guy deserves better from spur fans.

Why do you feel embarrassed? Fans have a right to be upset and there are some legitimate reasons to be upset. Could people go about it better? Sure. But if you look at the poll, clearly the majority of people support Manu.

People are entitled to their opinions, and these are tough times for Spurs fans.

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Why do you feel embarrassed? Fans have a right to be upset and there are some legitimate reasons to be upset. Could people go about it better? Sure. But if you look at the poll, clearly the majority of people support Manu.

People are entitled to their opinions, and these are tough times for Spurs fans.

That's a true statement right there. I am sure he is not surprised that some people would be upset, but as the poll indicated, majority of the fans support him. :toast

angel_luv
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Did you post the Dear Manu thread for him to see too? Hope so.

Spursmania
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I just hope all the hater threads had been deleted, some were just so awful.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Of all the things to post on his website. Why not just paste everything ducks has posted the last 24 hours there, too?

angel_luv
04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Did you post the Dear Manu thread for him to see too? Hope so.

n/m I posted the link to it for him. :)

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm not gonna shit on Manu because he's injured. Do I wish he would've passed on the Olympics? Hell yeah. However, out of all the many players that played for their respective countries, he was the only one who was injured. It could've happened to any player.

It could've happened to D-Rob and he was just as active and gung-ho about fulfilling his Olympic commitment as any Spurs player we've ever had. We didn't shit on him for doing so, and he was never injured. However, he was smart enough that when he got older, he gave way to younger players.

braeden0613
04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I think the majority of spurs fans still support him. Come on, without Manu we would most likely only have 2 titles. Give him a break

Budkin
04-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Awesome!

wildbill2u
04-07-2009, 06:29 PM
I didn't even bother to open the poll because even talking about getting rid of Manu was so stupid to start with. I bet there were other Manu fans that balked at voting in that one too.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I didn't even bother to open the poll because even talking about getting rid of Manu was so stupid to start with. I bet there were other Manu fans that balked at voting in that one too.

Precisely why posting the results on his website is so fucking stupid; a large number of Spurs fans wouldn't even dignify such a poll by voting in it.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Precisely why posting the results on his website is so fucking stupid; a large number of Spurs fans wouldn't even dignify such a poll by voting in it.

The good news is that even if it was a small sample, the vast majority agreed that injuries happen.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm actually wondering if Manu knows TPark is EricB... :lol

montgod
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah... this is going to be an even more interesting offseason to see what the Spurs do considering Duncan's age and Manu's continued injuries. If Manu can't healthy by next year, this could be the last we see of him unless he signs a cap friendly homer contract. I hate to say that with Manu being on of my favorite Spurs players as well, but in order to win, you have to be on the court healthy and able.

I definitely see another youth movement this offseason with Bowen, Oberto, and possibly Finley leaving.

DPG21920
04-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Ya, bad choice to post that. If you are going to post something to show support, show the more positive threads, not ones that talk about Manu being a slave. Good intentions though.

I defend Manu a lot (and I am someone who got fleeced in the Manu/God thread, although it was one massive mis-understanding), and I think the majority of fans are upset, hurt and confused, but forgiving and supportive.

jalberto
04-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Ya, bad choice to post that. If you are going to post something to show support, show the more positive threads, not ones that talk about Manu being a slave. Good intentions though.

I defend Manu a lot (and I am someone who got fleeced in the Manu/God thread, although it was one massive mis-understanding), and I think the majority of fans are upset, hurt and confused, but forgiving and supportive.
The reality is as it is . Like it or not.
The poll reflects the opinion of many people, not just lovers or haters.

jalberto
04-07-2009, 07:07 PM
I tried to be impartial!

DPG21920
04-07-2009, 07:08 PM
The poll reflects the opinion many people, not just lovers or haters.

I know, but there are so many threads to choose from. It is not a big deal at all. The message was clear; many people support him.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 07:08 PM
You did good Jal. Don't worry about it.

Kori Ellis
04-07-2009, 07:09 PM
That poll was from 8 months ago. Why did you just show it to him now?

Rogue
04-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Manu:

epic fail.

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
in argentina the fans do a lot worse than post "trade manu" threads when they're pissed/disappointed, so i'm sure manu can take a few posters going off on the internets. ever hear of a "colombian necktie?"

SouthTexasRancher
04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Manu has done enough for his country. He now owes the Spurs (who pay his salary), Spurs fans, the city of San Antonio and the rest of the admirers around the NBA, the rest of his career. If he decides to play for Argentina one more time then trade him for someone more loyal to the Spurs. Hopefully in a different way Drew Gooden will make up a bunch of Manu's scoring and his rebounding and shot blocking will help cover the lack of steals and assists that Manu gave us. If so then we have a shot at the title...once again.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Manu has done enough for his country. He now owes the Spurs (who pay his salary), Spurs fans, the city of San Antonio and the rest of the admirers around the NBA, the rest of his career. If he decides to play for Argentina one more time then trade him for someone more loyal to the Spurs. Hopefully in a different way Drew Gooden will make up a bunch of Manu's scoring and his rebounding and shot blocking will help cover the lack of steals and assists that Manu gave us. If so then we have a shot at the title...once again.

Manu doesn't owe anything to anybody simply because he leaves everything out there every single game. Even when his shot is not going down, or he has a bad game, he always hustles and tries hard to give another W to the Spurs.
He also didn't play for Argentina the summer before last season to stay fresh, and he got injured. While one season he did play for Argentina (04-05) we won it all. Now, Manu did say he thought it was time for the Argentina team to get some young guys and get other people involved. While he didn't completely rule out playing for the national team at some point in the future, he did say it was unlikely he'll play anytime soon.

itzsoweezee
04-08-2009, 12:26 AM
a well-rested, healed, and angry manu next year is going to be scary to watch. i can't wait

EricB
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm actually wondering if Manu knows TPark is EricB... :lol

Good for him if he does.

I don't care what he thinks, as a paying customer I still think its bullshit.

EricB
04-08-2009, 12:35 AM
a well-rested, healed, and angry manu next year is going to be scary to watch. i can't wait

This looks copied and pasted from the end of May last year.

He's never gonna be healthy and at an all star level again, get used to it.

ElNono
04-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Good for him if he does.

I don't care what he thinks, as a paying customer I still think its bullshit.

It works both ways, he really doesn't give two craps what you think either, paying customer or not.

This looks copied and pasted from the end of May last year.
He's never gonna be healthy and at an all star level again, get used to it.

http://mamadance.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/debbie_downer1.jpg

EricB
04-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Debbie Downer or not, its the truth.

ElNono
04-08-2009, 01:18 AM

What is the truth? That he has an injury that heals 100% and leaves no long term effects, or that you're just somehow mad at him because he got injured?
Have you actually asked a doctor what's Manu injury, how is it treated and what kind of lingering effects it has? I have.
Now, nobody knows if he's ever going to play at an All Star level again. But if I have to take a sample from this season, I'll say the odds are very good, considering the flurry of 30+ point games he had right before the ASG.

And tell me something, were you mad at Tim also when he blew his meniscus in '99? Or maybe when he had planar fasciitis in '06?

Injuries happen, deal with it.

baseline bum
04-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Of all the things to post on his website. Why not just paste everything ducks has posted the last 24 hours there, too?

baseline bum
04-08-2009, 01:24 AM
That poll was from 8 months ago. Why did you just show it to him now?

:lmao

Laker Lanny
04-08-2009, 01:28 AM
I like how everyone is now kissing Manu's ass knowing they wanted to trade him a few months back. :lmao

zerokibum
04-08-2009, 07:20 AM
what we can do is just waiting for his come back.Manu is irreplaceable.
GO Manu GO.
we will be waiting for you wherever you will be ....

urunobili
04-08-2009, 07:55 AM

Your hate is making you look as if you were in Denial... :wakeup

kace
04-08-2009, 08:01 AM
The poll reflects the opinion of many people, not just lovers or haters.

this poll is bs. like it or not.

nice if it could comfort manu though. time to worry about the team now.