PDA

View Full Version : F'ing Mike Taylor, the voice of the spurs fan???

The_Worlds_finest
04-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I dont know why I listen to this ass clown. I dont know why him and JB have a show. They suck. I am sure they are only talking about the situation negatively only to fill in show time, seriously these guys a duchebags. No talk about anything positive. They act like the Spurs had Manu all season and he was putting up huge numbers.

Nevermind Tony is putting up MVP numbers.
Nevermind MASON BONNER and Finely put up threes like nobodies bussiness.
Nevermind Timmy is Timmy

Spurs can do it. They have the pieces even without manu but they are going to need to strive for what POP Preaches day in and day out.....PERFECTION!!!

GSG!!!

Muser
04-07-2009, 05:50 PM
That's the problem, "chucking up 3" teams rarely win in 7 game series.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Mike Taylor is a Mavs fan who hates the Spurs. He's trying to contain his glee that Manu's hurt. I'm sure what you're hearing, however negative, is restraint on his part.

spursfan1000
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
ahh...never heard of him and don't care about him..

easy7
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey, at least he is not talking about the "you have not done anything for me in the last 10 yrs Cowboys." :toast

mexicanjunior
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I didn't hear what he said but it's hard to say much positive about the Spurs play lately...especially now that Manu is gone.

Creation88
04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
i still have confidence in this team even without Manu. of course, that only remains if Pop can get his head outta his ass and create an effective line-up.

we have the talent but we need the right pieces in the right places.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Mike Taylor is a Mavs fan who hates the Spurs. He's trying to contain his glee that Manu's hurt. I'm sure what you're hearing, however negative, is restraint on his part.

C'mon man. I don't buy that at all. I admit I thought that originally when he came from Dallas. I was as skeptical as anyone here because I listened to him in Dallas. I warned everyone to beware of this guy. I remember all the smack he talked about the Spurs for years on his show in Dallas. He did admit later, that he's been envious of all the championship success that we've had.

To my surprise, he's been quite the opposite of what I expected. Perhaps you've never heard him bash "that team in Dallas" for having no heart and for wimping out in the Finals 3 years ago. Perhaps you've not heard him gush over the greatness of Pop, Duncan, Parker and Manu. Perhaps you've not heard him needle the sarcastic rants of Pop during Q&A sessions.

Also, give the guy some credit for doing his homework on the Spurs. You can't cover a team and be a communicator of information without educating oneself on all things Spurs. He's done that. I find him pretty fair and well-balanced. He calls things the way he sees them. If something stinks, he says so. If it deserves to be praised, he does that too.

He doesn't have to be a homer, but he sure acts like one now. It could be schtick. However, I do get that he respects the Spurs players, the organization and their accomplishments completely and totally. So much, that I've virtually forgotten that he came from Dallas.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
C'mon man. I don't buy that at all. I admit I thought that originally when he came from Dallas. I was as skeptical as anyone here because I listened to him in Dallas. I warned everyone to beware of this guy. I remember all the smack he talked about the Spurs for years on his show in Dallas. He did admit later, that he's been envious of all the championship success that we've had.

To my surprise, he's been quite the opposite of what I expected. Perhaps you've never heard him bash "that team in Dallas" for having no heart and for wimping out in the Finals 3 years ago. Perhaps you've not heard him gush over the greatness of Pop, Duncan, Parker and Manu. Perhaps you've not heard him needle the sarcastic rants of Pop during Q&A sessions.

Also, give the guy some credit for doing his homework on the Spurs. You can't cover a team and be a communicator of information without educating oneself on all things Spurs. He's done that. I find him pretty fair and well-balanced. He calls things the way he sees them. If something stinks, he says so. If it deserves to be praised, he does that too.

He doesn't have to be a homer, but he sure acts like one now. It could be schtick. However, I do get that he respects the Spurs players, the organization and their accomplishments completely and totally. So much, that I've virtually forgotten that he came from Dallas.

I live up here so I haven't heard him in San Antonio. I do, however, remember the nasty shit he said about the Spurs and the residents of San Antonio every chance he got. I stand by my previous post.

The_Worlds_finest
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Give me a break the guy shouldnt be :The voice of the spurs fan: due to his past. Also i just hear a bit for his tommorow show saying "We'll talk about tonights fall out of tonights thunder game" F him.

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Mike Taylor is a d-bag.

Laker Lanny
04-07-2009, 07:50 PM

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/clockingin/brownnose.jpg

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I live up here so I haven't heard him in San Antonio. I do, however, remember the nasty shit he said about the Spurs and the residents of San Antonio every chance he got. I stand by my previous post.

Understand. I live in Dallas too, so I feel what you're saying in that regard. I just listen to him online now that he's in SA. You would not believe the turnaround that he's made. Again, it may be schtick, but I don't get the sense that his respect and admiration of the Spurs is at all phony.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Go tell it to Mychal Thompson.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Surely, you must have better things to do other than lurk on a Spurs forum, like ridin' Mychal Thompson jock.

04-07-2009, 08:17 PM
. Again, it may be schtick, but I don't get the sense that his respect and admiration of the Spurs is at all phony.

So according to you he was never really a Maverick fan. After all how can someone change who they root for because they move to another city?

I could move to Portland tomorrow and live there 20 years and never root for those pot smoking asshats.

And lets just say your insane post is semi true, what if Mike Taylor moves back to Dallas, does this mean he can never root for the Mavs? Maybe your a bandwagon fan also that is why you defend him?

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
So according to you he was never really a Maverick fan. After all how can someone change who they root for because they move to another city?

I could move to Portland tomorrow and live there 20 years and never root for those pot smoking asshats.

And lets just say your insane post is semi true, what if Mike Taylor moves back to Dallas, does this mean he can never root for the Mavs? Maybe your a bandwagon fan also that is why you defend him?

Never said that. Dude was hardcore Mavs fan. Fact is, I couldn't stand the guy. He always hated on the Spurs. All I said was that, since he moved, he's earned my respect because he has done his homework to try and integrate himself into the SA market.

Try learning how to read and maybe you wouldn't get caught up jumping to dumb-ass conclusions.

Mavs08
04-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Never said that. Dude was hardcore Mavs fan. Fact is, I couldn't stand the guy. He always hated on the Spurs. All I said was that, since he moved, he's earned my respect because he has done his homework to try and integrate himself into the SA market.

Translation: He acted like a Spurs fan to fit in and keep the pay checks coming.

Try learning how to read and maybe you wouldn't get caught up jumping to dumb-ass conclusions.

After reading your immature replies I can see how your originally from Dallas.

mouse
04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
And where is your man love for Jim Bob?

mouse
04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Dude was hardcore Mavs fan.

But now you worship him?

Fact is, I couldn't stand the guy.
And you forgave him?

All I said was that, since he moved, he's earned my respect

How long would it take for you to respect Osama bin Laden if he moves to San Antonio?

he's earned my respect

Your what we call a sell out just admit it so we can move on. I recorded Mike Taylor's first few shows he said on the air Hey Daddy's got to bring home a check , I gotz little ones to feed, if it means I am a Spurs fan then so be it.

Why not tell us all the real reason you have such man love for this vato, is it cuz he Puro S A?

arodz
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM

Perhaps you've never heard the 90% of the show is Cowboys talk.

Homework?? Is that a joke?? That dickhead gets all his Spurs stuff from the Express News. All he does is quote Buck Harvey and then go off on some wannabe Rome rant.

my2sons
04-07-2009, 09:29 PM
But now you worship him?

And you forgave him?

How long would it take for you to respect Osama bin Laden if he moves to San Antonio?

Your what we call a sell out just admit it so we can move on. I recorded Mike Taylor's first few shows he said on the air Hey Daddy's got to bring home a check , I gotz little ones to feed, if it means I am a Spurs fan then so be it.

Why not tell us all the real reason you have such man love for this vato, is it cuz he Puro S A?

Weren't you a spurs fan once???

Duncan
04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Mike would be ok if he would just come clean and say he hates the Spurs like he used to say every day in Dallas.

SequSpur
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
whats funny is jay howard, he is unhearable.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
But now you worship him?

And you forgave him?

As usual, some of you asswipes dismiss any opinion that doesn't match your own. Personally, I don't give a shit about who the guy roots for. Would I rather listen to Vex or Charlie P, instead? You bet.

Since I don't live in the city, I'll take some solid Spurs talk where I can. Grow the fuck up!

Gervin44Silas13
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Surely, you must have better things to do other than lurk on a Spurs forum, like ridin' Mychal Thompson jock.

Fuck M. Thompson that fat piece of no good riding the coat of Magic's championship cock!!!!

Gervin44Silas13
04-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Jim Bob Is a fat fuck I hope someone breaks his fucking jaw!
He's a fat fuck that can't even get a chick.....he only posts them...peodphille looking motherfucker!!!

04-08-2009, 12:51 AM
As usual you asswipes . Grow the fuck up!

Your taking this man love you have for Mike Taylor a tad serious brah!

Suns Fan
04-08-2009, 12:54 AM
As usual, some of you asswipes dismiss any opinion that doesn't match your own.
I'll take some solid Spurs talk where I can. Grow the fuck up!

Funny I always pictured SenorSpur one of the few Adults that post here at ST.

mouse
04-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah his mini meltdown kinda caught me off guard also. I guess I have to put him on the Tpark list of posters you don't want to disagree with or face being insulted 1996 style.

I don't think people freak out on a coach getting fired but when its on Xmas eve it touched a few nerves in the community.

SenorSpur
04-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Yeah his mini meltdown kinda caught me off guard also. I guess I have to put him on the Tpark list of posters you don't want to disagree with or face being insulted 1996 style.

I don't think people freak out on a coach getting fired but when its on Xmas eve it touched a few nerves in the community.

You misintrepreted the whole point of my initial comment. No one was trying to build up the guy or nominate him for sainthood. If you read my statement, I was as skeptical about him as anyone, probably moreso. I fully expected him to be the same douche toward the Spurs, that he was in Dallas.

My point was because he admitted his jealousy of the Spurs success and the fact of the matter is he admitted he truly respected the organization for its accomplishments, it struck a chord. Of course, he's got to say some of those things to win support. However, I came around on him because I found his commentary fairly balanced. He can and will give props or rip the Spurs, Cowboys or whoever when warranted.

Are there things about the show I don't like? Sure. Does some of the format needed to changed? You bet. I'll be the first to admit he was an odd choice. However, it's just freakin' sports talk. Don't get it twisted. The sun doesn't rise and set on the show.

SenorSpur
04-08-2009, 02:24 AM
He already said it, he's a fan for the paycheck. What I do like and do not like is homerism. I loved the Walley and Vex show but you couldn't get the reality of a situation from that show. Mike will say it like it is but lacks the devotion Vex had on his show to the Spurs.

Exactly. I'm sure if he headed back to a fulltime gig in Dallas, I'd fully expect him to start hurling insults back at the Spurs.

baseline bum
04-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Talk radio is garbage; it appeals to the same audience Jerry Springer and Judge Judy does on TV.

mouse
04-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Talk radio is garbage; it appeals to the same audience Jerry Springer and Judge Judy does on TV.

That's a lot of people sincerely:Rush Limbagh

http://weblogs.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/politics/blog/limbaugh.jpg

arodz
04-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Mike will say it like it is but lacks the devotion Vex had on his show to the Spurs.

Too many people confuse 'telling it like it is' with just flat out Talking Shit. He goes by the Jim Rome theory. Piss off enough listeners to get them to call in or spew venom. Either way the show gets run, but that doesn't give it any validity.

Obstructed_View
04-08-2009, 01:32 PM
That's a lot of people sincerely:Rush Limbagh

http://weblogs.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/politics/blog/limbaugh.jpg

You're expecting BB to disagree with you on that point? :lol

SpursReportSucks
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
You're expecting BB to disagree with you on that point? :lol

:lol