PDA

View Full Version : To the supporters of Manu

superfedja
04-07-2009, 06:27 PM
stop whining about people who want to trade manu, the nba is a business, the spurs are here to make money and win championships... not to make friends... right now, trading manu is a good business and basket-ball decision ...the guy is done ... period... so stop whining and saying that people are cheap cuz they want to trade manu ... it's got nothing to do with his personnality... we want championships .... not bench warmers... and I know we wont get equal value for him cuz he's got a great contract but we'll at least get something or some possibilities.... the spurs are known for signing good players for cheap (tony, manu, bruce, mason, etc)

TheSpursFNRule
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Fuck you asshole Manu got us 3 championships just cuz he's hurt doesn't mean he needs to be traded. This isn't T-Mac he's not injured every year, and he's also gotten us outta the first round. Don't take him for granted you spoiled piece of dog shit.

DAF86
04-07-2009, 06:36 PM
don't never turn your back on a San Antonian, I should say...

Chill, it's not worth it. Besides, he's right if 20 something people want to trade Manu let them talk freely.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
stop whining about people who want to trade manu, the nba is a business, the spurs are here to make money and win championships... not to make friends... right now, trading manu is a good business and basket-ball decision ...the guy is done ... period... so stop whining and saying that people are cheap cuz they want to trade manu ... it's got nothing to do with his personnality... we want championships .... not bench warmers... and I know we wont get equal value for him cuz he's got a great contract but we'll at least get something or some possibilities.... the spurs are known for signing good players for cheap (tony, manu, bruce, mason, etc)

You bitch like anybody here has any say in trading him. If the FO trades him, that's cool. I think it would be a mistake, unless you're getting a Rudy Fernandez kind of guy (I still don't know why Portland would do it, but I digress).
If anything, trading Manu now is a waste. What you COULD do, is see if he recovers reasonably well, then make a decision when he's worth more than rock bottom. Obviously, at that point you have to wonder if you want to get rid of him at all. If he doesn't recover well or at all, you'll still be getting the same value as right now. His contract doesn't expire till next season, so you have until March next year to see what's up.

And FWIW, we do like bench warmers. Guys like Bowen and Vaughn until last week this season, Bonner last season, Oberto the season before that.
They're not 10 million dollar bench warmers, but they also cannot affect a game like Manu can.

Last, but not least, the injury Manu has is 100% recoverable, since it's a bone injury. But I know you don't want to hear it, so I'll leave it at that.

In a nutshell, nobody other than the FO has a say on what's gonna happen with Manu. And if we don't agree with bozos like you that want to trade him, and want to say so, then we will. And if you don't like it, then don't fucking read.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I stopped reading this thread after scrolling to DAF86's sig.

What was the question?

Mal
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I wish Manu will be back next year, and have his best season in NBA

E20
04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Just tell ducks to STFU and have him suck off Tony w/o involving everything else and we will call it a deal.

SPURS50
04-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Trading Ginobili would be a big mistake. Would you trade Duncan had it been him instead of Ginobili out. The man leaves it all out the floor when he's on the court and his competiveness is second to none. How spoiled we all have become with our team winning that as soon as something bad happens to the spurs some are either ready to jump ship or to start talking trade the bum he's done nothing for the team except hurt them.
No way will I ever say trade Manu! The basketball that I've seen him play in his career is as exciting as any Spur I've seen in my 15 or so years cheering for this team. Manu easily could have been finals mvp in 2005 and singlehandedly can take over a game if need be. I got nothing but man love for my boy Ginobili and every fan of the Spurs should too! He'll be back next season healthy and alot of posters here will eat there crow for kicking him when he was down.

Rogue
04-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I would trade Tony Longoria rather than Manu if I were to trade one of them.

Russ
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM

As a business, you want to keep the morale of the help high.

If they see the heart and soul of the operation cast aside, they might wonder about where they stand and might begin to question the operation, you know, as a business.

Solid D
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Manu is the man.

No way.

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
we got rid of gervin, shawn eliot, and AJ a few times. those 3 were fan faves and all have their jersey retired, so don't think it's impossible to trade any spur. it is a business.

timaios
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM

:flipoff

weebo
04-07-2009, 09:59 PM

please stfu already asshole

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
1. the trade deadline passed about 6 weeks ago, so this issue is moot until after the season.

2. so you'd trade the guy when his value is lowest? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. His contract expires next year, and it will be a huge FA bonanza so someone is going to want that contract, so why not wait?

3. he's not "done". If he was, no-one would trade anything for him now would they? He's 31 and has 2-3 productive seasons left in him once he gets these ankles right, which should happen over an offseason of rest.

Right now, this thread is completely nonsensical.

Personally, depending on the state of his health after an off-season of rest, I'd be looking to sign him on a 2-year contract to play with Tim, Tony and Pop until Tim and Pop retire in 2012. He's earned that.

Even with a modified game he will be able to kill other team's second unit players until he retires, he's just that crafty.

ElNono
04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
1. the trade deadline passed about 6 weeks ago, so this issue is moot until after the season.

2. so you'd trade the guy when his value is lowest? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. His contract expires next year, and it will be a huge FA bonanza so someone is going to want that contract, so why not wait?

3. he's not "done". If he was, no-one would trade anything for him now would they? He's 31 and has 2-3 productive seasons left in him once he gets these ankles right, which should happen over an offseason of rest.

Right now, this thread is completely nonsensical.

hear, hear...