PDA

View Full Version : Take that OKC - we took it to yo ass!

underdawg
04-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Delete this thread if you must, but I will celebrate every win from here on out given the circumstances. The more wins we get the more momentum we build - and yes I understand that's a given. I won't stop believing because at the end of the day I'm a Spurs fan that has always rooted for the underdawg. Bring on the Lakers, Cavs, Jordan's Bulls, etc!

peskypesky
04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Thunder toasted. Bring on the Blazers!!

underdawg
04-07-2009, 09:43 PM

Honestly, it's all gravy from now on. The media, average fan and hopefully other teams have probably (and understandably so) written the Spurs off by now. The anxiety is gone - from here on out it's about David vs. Goliath and I hope we see it for the remainder of the season leading up to the playoffs and on into the playoffs too. I'm not delusional - we are the ultimate underdog from here on out, but each win means more than before. I apologize ahead of time to those that want to wallow in their misery and piss and moan the rest of the season. A win is a win and I'll enjoy each one probably more than before we became the shell of the team we are now. Go Spurs Go!

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2009, 09:44 PM
OKC is actually a good victory..

they aren't as bad as their record, but that isn't the reason..we don't match up well with ultra athletic teams like the Thunder..another team like that is the 76ers..we match up better with even some playoff teams, compared to athletic teams like that..

also, they obviously have confidence against us, and that's a huge part of games when teams with bad records are involved..

it was a good win, we won by double digits..

peskypesky
04-07-2009, 09:45 PM
The anxiety is gone - from here on out it's about David vs. Goliath and I hope we see it for the remainder of the season leading up to the playoffs and on into the playoffs too.

I totally agree. The Spurs have always been the little team that could. I think they play better when everyone is counting them out.

Mugen
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
played some D, got some bruce, gooden played great, timmy and tony with a double double

not much to complain about here

home court would be nice but seeding isnt really a big deal, i like our chances against anybody outside of LA with or without HCA

SouthTexasRancher
04-07-2009, 09:50 PM

Any word on if Tim will play tomorrow night? I hope Pop lets him rest and gives a bunch of minutes to Gooden who is looking better and better. He may be our Ace in the hole come playoff time.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Haha Thunder. Flukes.

rayray2k8
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Haha, you're happy cuz the spurs beat the thun- oh wait, they won the last
2 games... :|
To hell with it, fuck the thunder!!
Every team we win, I say "f*ck 'em".
If the spurs lose to a team I say "f*ck 'em more".

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
How far we have fallen.

peskypesky
04-07-2009, 09:58 PM
How far we have fallen.

you're a piss poor excuse for a fan.

Duncan
04-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Making a topic like this after you know the final score is weak. Grow a pair and make it before the game starts.

urunobili
04-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Gr8 win! Thanks TP TD and Gooden for taking it a lil further!

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2009, 10:00 PM
you're a piss poor excuse for a fan.

Fuck you. I was a Spurs fan when you were a Rockets fan.

duncan228
04-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Any word on if Tim will play tomorrow night?

It's supposed to be a game time decision.

SA210
04-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Go Bruce!

NewJerSpur
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice to get the OKC monkey off our backs, Manu or no Manu.

The_Worlds_finest
04-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Next!!! Bring on the blazers!! Go spurs go!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Ecstatic about beating the OKC Team That Shall Not Be Referred To.

How far the mighty have fallen, eh? :lmao

Nah, seriously, good attitude - enjoy every win. I like it. More fans should be like that.

underdawg
04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Making a topic like this after you know the final score is weak. Grow a pair and make it before the game starts.

you miss the point - saying that they will dominate from here on out is just bravado. I'm saying that the challenge before the Spurs right now is probably the toughest that they've ever faced to this point (given the expectations.) Do I believe they can win? Hell yeah I do and that's why I'm a Spurs fan - I've never rooted for the Spurs because I knew they could win. If that were the case, I'd be better off rooting for the bandwagon team like the Lakers. I appreciate the challenge and I understand the character that's needed to accomplish the mighty task of being the lesser team on paper vs the team that's supposed to win. Only teamwork, determination and luck can get this squad deep into the playoffs. Truly, the bonus of this current situation is that all the second guessing of what has led the Spurs to this situation is fruitless. At the end of the day, this team is where it's at and any success it has in the playoffs will be truly remarkable. That is my point.

TimDunkem
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Ecstatic about beating the OKC Team That Shall Not Be Referred To.

How far the mighty have fallen, eh? :lmao

Nah, seriously, good attitude - enjoy every win. I like it. More fans should be like that.
After the way this team has been playing the past few weeks, compounded by the fact that Ginobili is done for the season, well, any win is good. I like it even more since we usually match up horribly against young athletic teams such as OKC. Good win. :flag:

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Clippers, you're next!

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 10:39 PM
TLong put up a post saying he was hoping his Blazers would get the Spurs in the first round, saying it'd be an easy win. Here's to hoping the Spurs can shove that post up his ass tomorrow night.

TimDunkem
04-07-2009, 10:39 PM
^^ Now you're getting ahead of yourself. No more Clipper games for this year, sorry. :sleep

underdawg
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey Clippers, you're next!

gotcha - better to wallow in the shame of our unsuccessful season before it ends. To each their own - heck I enjoy rooting for this team no matter the circumstances and I'm going to get the most out of this team as we know it. If the Clippers want to schedule a post season game, bring it on. We're undefeated in the playoffs right now, so I'm not worried.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
underdawg:

Finally a poster whose attitude I agree with! Too much gloom and depression following the loss of Manu. I understand it was a huge blow, but we're still a half game out of 2nd in the West, and truly flying under the radar more now than ever before. Keep on repping the Silver and Black to the end, be it bitter or sweet!

GO SPURS GO!