Cant_Be_Faded
04-08-2009, 12:19 AM
lil sequ owned the shit out of everyone on this forum in regards to bonner

Texas_Ranger
04-08-2009, 01:04 AM
I miss Pops.

sammy
04-08-2009, 01:16 AM
He's totally worthless! Notice how Gooden came in alot and replaced him! It was a mistake that they didn't trade Bonner when he was hitting 3's and sent his ass somewhere else!

Chris
04-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Guy has a bad game so let's throw him under the bus. Fact is he is still number 2 in the league in 3's and his defense has improved. You all will be kissing his ass come playoff time.

sammy
04-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Unfortunately he's had alot of bad games and he's never in his defensive rotation and leaves Timmy out to dry! Timmy having to play forward and center as Bonner is not where's he supposed to be! He's awful on defense and it must be frustrating for Timmy as he's gets no help from Bonner!

Spur|n|Austin
04-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Guy has a bad game so let's throw him under the bus. Fact is he is still number 2 in the league in 3's and his defense has improved. You all will be kissing his ass come playoff time.

I doubt that. Gooden is going to slowly but surly eat away at his minutes.

Spursone
04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
:nope Big Red is holding this team back at this point in the Season. Wise up Pop and sit his ass out. His 1/4 inch vertical leap doesn't help either!:bang

George Gervin's Afro
04-08-2009, 08:14 AM
what a freakin' waste of space...

+1

George Gervin's Afro
04-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I want alot more of Finley and Bonner in the playoffs!

45 bank shot
04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
this guy can't be depended upon comin playoffs

rascal
04-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Where are all the Bonner ass kissers that were on the Bonner bandwagon earlier in the year? Pull up some of those threads and lets see who they are.

A few of us knew you would not be able to rely on Bonner throughout the season.

SPURS50
04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Every player that Bonner defends scores on him no problem! I know he can hit the occasional 3 but he harms the team more than he helps.

bobbybob0
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
His 1/4 inch vertical leap doesn't help either!:bang

That and his fucking T-Rex arms !

Grow those arm Matt damnit !

Chieflion
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Bonner returns to sucking ass.

TDomination
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I like Bonner. But I don't trust him.

At this point, I'd rather see Gooden or Thomas out there. Bonner can play 10 minutes or less. Only so that the other guys can rest.

MoSpur
04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
He was terrible last night. However, I think he still has a few good games left in him.

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Damn, look at everyone getting on the hate train, let's bump this when he has a solid PO game. I agree with the Fin hate because he stopped Hairston AND Bowen from playing. But Bonner only stoppped Fab and KT, lol. Now that Gooden is in, Pop is obviously integrating him by taking Bonners minutes, so calm the fuck down y'all. Pop is picking a poor man's Admiral over a poor man's Horry, just like we would.

And to CFB, does your post imply that anyone cares what sequ posts? If so, put down the crack pipe.

Spursmania
04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm not hating on Bonner. In the "give Bonner some love/appreciation" thread that was posted awhile ago, I commented that I believed Bonner was weak mentally, and a couple SA fans went berserk and called me a bandwagon fan.

Having an opinion on a particular Spur player has nothing to do with your love for the team generally. I mean this is a forum isn't it? Certainly, we have all witnessed these last several games where Bonner has looked less than stellar. Well, the truth hurts. His game has not been what it was earlier in the season. Ever since Gooden has arrived and possibly earlier, Bonner's offensive efficiency has declined dramatically.

This is especially pronounced when his defense is what it is. He will always be an average defender, but when he is rebounding, you can accept that. As of late, not even his rebounding has been there. His playtime on the court should be decreased while other players proving themselves like Gooden should be increased. Until Bonner starts hitting his shots again, he needs less time on the court. I know some fans will say he's the type of player that needs to get a rhythm, but the price may be too high to pay.

By the way, I would love nothing more than for Bonner to make me eat crow and shoot lights out during the playoffs. Until, then his minutes should be decreased.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
By the way, I would love nothing more than for Bonner to make me eat crow and shoot lights out during the playoffs. Until, then his minutes should be decreased.

decreased for who, smart guy? 18 mins is about the minimum he can play without overplaying KT, Gooden, and Tim.

bandwagon fan. you hate on Bonner after a good game, of course you'll kick his ass after he has a subpar one :sleep

In the "give Bonner some love/appreciation" thread that was posted awhile ago, I commented that I believed Bonner was weak mentally

and he wonders why he gets ridiculed for dissing bonner in a thread purposely created to give him props. Hater. As if you're any kind of expert on a player's mental capacity :lmao

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm not hating on Bonner. In the "give Bonner some love/appreciation" thread that was posted awhile ago, I commented that I believed Bonner was weak mentally, and a couple SA fans went berserk and called me a bandwagon fan.

Having an opinion on a particular Spur player has nothing to do with your love for the team generally. I mean this is a forum isn't it? Certainly, we have all witnessed these last several games where Bonner has looked less than stellar. Well, the truth hurts. His game has not been what it was earlier in the season. Ever since Gooden has arrived and possibly earlier, Bonner's offensive efficiency has declined dramatically.

This is especially pronounced when his defense is what it is. He will always be an average defender, but when he is rebounding, you can accept that. As of late, not even his rebounding has been there. His playtime on the court should be decreased while other players proving themselves like Gooden should be increased. Until Bonner starts hitting his shots again, he needs less time on the court. I know some fans will say he's the type of player that needs to get a rhythm, but the price may be too high to pay.

No need to be defensive dude. As long as you can state your points intelligently without resorting to curses and insults, it's all good. Idk about Bonner being mentally weak, but he has seemed to let his confidience go down around the time you said.

I'd like him to sit, but If Gooden starts, who scores off the bench? If KT starts, that will be one crappy big duo on D. I'd rather let Bonner start until he has a couple games like this in the 1st round. Then just start Gooden and hope the starters can have a nice lead for the second-stringers to work with.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-08-2009, 10:43 AM
The Spurs really don't have a choice on whether or not Bonner gets to play or not. With Oberto not healthy that only leaves the Spurs with 4 bigs. KT, Gooden, TD, Bonner.

I don't like starting Gooden with TD because like some have said our offense on the 2nd unit without Gooden would be WEAK. Starting KT would leave Gooden and Bonner in the 2nd unit as our bigs..... That is not a very good defensive duo.

Rogue
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Bonner got more boards than the points he got, which shows clearly the great progresses he has made on his rebounding work.

Borosai
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I love Bonner!!! He's going to hit a few game-winning shots this postseason on the way to another championship. I bet your life on it.

Anyway, Bonner serves a need on this team: a big who can shoot the 3. Unfortunately, he doesn't rebound very well and he's not a great defender, but it's not like he's the only player on this team that can't do more than one thing. At this point, he shouldn't start simply because he shouldn't be matched up against the other team's best bigs. Starting Thomas or Gooden is a better idea, but Bonner can be useful in certain situations.

Gayruntee: He will have double-digit rebounds tonight. Maybe.

carib
04-08-2009, 11:15 AM

Never

He is full of shit, I will always have a problem with a big man shooting 3 pointers.

carib
04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I love Bonner!!! He's going to hit a few game-winning shots this postseason on the way to another championship. I bet your life on it.

Anyway, Bonner serves a need on this team: a big who can shoot the 3. Unfortunately, he doesn't rebound very well and he's not a great defender, but it's not like he's the only player on this team that can't do more than one thing. At this point, he shouldn't start simply because he shouldn't be matched up against the other team's best bigs. Starting Thomas or Gooden is a better idea, but Bonner can be useful in certain situations.

Gayruntee: He will have double-digit rebounds tonight. Maybe.

He will not play more minutes tonight sorry, his minutes will go down from last night on.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Never

He is full of shit, I will always have a problem with a big man shooting 3 pointers.

Rasheed Wallace? Toni Kukoc? two huge pieces to championship teams.

carib
04-08-2009, 11:23 AM

But look at there rebound number, the 3 ball is a reward when they are doing there job in the paint, and not the focal point of their game.

carib
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Rasheed Wallace 7.5 RPG
Toni Kukoc 6.8 RPG
Bonner 4.8 RPG

z0sa
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
But look at there rebound number, the 3 ball is a reward when they are doing there job in the paint, and not the focal point of their game.

You clearly said you would never approve of big men shooting the 3 :huh

Never

carib
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
all big's jack up a 3 here and there put their roll is under the rim.

peskypesky
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
What a freakin' waste of space...

It's not his fault Pop thought he was NBA starter material.

benefactor
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Bonner should be a game by game evaluation. You put him out there and see what you have. If he is on and draining his threes then you give him some rope. If he is off and sucking on defense too then you reel him in.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
all big's jack up a 3 here and there put their roll is under the rim.

So you do approve of big men shooting 3's?

z0sa
04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
It's not his fault Pop thought he was NBA starter material.

He is on many teams.

carib
04-08-2009, 12:42 PM
So you do approve of big men shooting 3's?

Does Tim throw one up now and then sometimes, he did bail us out onces and that was a big shoot, but that is not his game.

And I don't like to see a PF or a center running out to take a 3 or waiting on the 3 line to get a open look.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Does Tim throw one up now and then sometimes, he did bail us out onces and that was a big shoot, but that is not his game.

And I don't like to see a PF or a center running out to take a 3 or waiting on the 3 line to get a open look.

You're right, Tim's 3 against the Suns last PO was great. But wait, I thought you would never like a big man shooting three's?

You don't like Tim Duncan?

Spurs_9_20_21
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I miss Pops.
So do I!!! I used to like Bonner only for his three's but now..... he's just useless!!! Bonner=:sleep I wonder how Pop's is doing

Duncan2177
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Gooden is way better than Bonner.

poop
04-08-2009, 01:00 PM
bonner seems like a good guy but id rather not have him around next year in favor of someone who actually has interior presence.

bonner = steve kerr type player, NOT a starting center.

bring him in on spot plays when you need to go for a 3-pointer. or during garbage time.thats it.

dogzofwar
04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
You're right, Tim's 3 against the Suns last PO was great. But wait, I thought you would never like a big man shooting three's?

You don't like Tim Duncan?

Quit being a chump. Bringing up a single moment and trying to define it as the rule is just being silly. I also believe that it is a big man's job to be in and around the paint grinding the points and getting the rebounds. There are plenty of other shooters to hang out on the 3 point line.

Of course each and every Spurs fan loved the Tim 3 point shot against the Suns...but if he Tim was shooting 25% (hell even 10%) of his shots from there there would be off the wall FIRE POP/TRADE TIM forums popping up.

We are clearly talking about players like Okur that are 7ft and make their living on the outside. Grow up!

Spursmania
04-08-2009, 03:28 PM
decreased for who, smart guy? 18 mins is about the minimum he can play without overplaying KT, Gooden, and Tim.

bandwagon fan. you hate on Bonner after a good game, of course you'll kick his ass after he has a subpar one :sleep

and he wonders why he gets ridiculed for dissing bonner in a thread purposely created to give him props. Hater. As if you're any kind of expert on a player's mental capacity :lmao

You know Zosa, I am glad that you responded to my posts. When I said some fans called me bandwagon fan for calling Bonner out, I WAS REFERRING to YOU!! I am so glad you fell for my bait!:lol:lol:lol

Following your logic (if you can call it that), this thread is not an appreciation thread, so I wonder why you're here posting on this thread? And, you wonder why I'm LMAO at you. You're the pot calling the kettle black!:lmao:lmao

You call this last game a subpar Bonner game?? How about the last several games, huh? All you do is insult anybody who has a differing opinion of your own. If you took the time to read most of my posts you would feel like an asshole for saying the crap you spew. You think your opinion is holier than thou, well, it's not. I have been a season ticket holder longer than your sorry ass has been posting on this site, so get off your goddamn high horse and go salivate over Bonner pics. I'm done with you, and I will not waste another keyboard stroke on your holier than thou shitty attitude. You don't even know me, so fuck off.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Quit being a chump.

Tell that to the douchebags who insult Bonner over and over and over for 2 years now.

I'll be the decider of my "chumpness" regarding Bonner, asshole. Don't like it? Think I'm being too one sided? Eat shit. You bandwagoning Bonner haters make me fucking sick. It's like saying people should have hated Malik Rose because he was a 6'7 big man and not 7'. Total idiocy.

Bringing up a single moment and trying to define it as the rule is just being silly.

But isn't that pretty much what "carib" and you Bonner hating faggots did, by saying you will never approve of a 3point shooting big man? Just because you hate the man doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to be a dumbass just so everyone knows.

You're the one being a chump here, and only because you disagree with my opinion:

I also believe that it is a big man's job to be in and around the paint grinding the points and getting the rebounds. There are plenty of other shooters to hang out on the 3 point line.

Yeah, like Horry. What kind of three point shooting big man piece of shit was he? What did he ever accomplish?

Idiot.

Of course each and every Spurs fan loved the Tim 3 point shot against the Suns...but if he Tim was shooting 25% (hell even 10%) of his shots from there there would be off the wall FIRE POP/TRADE TIM forums popping up.

I'm not the one with anything against Bonner, bro - you are. As long as you can hit it at a decent clip, I could give a shit if you're 5'10 or 6'10.

We are clearly talking about players like Okur that are 7ft and make their living on the outside. Grow up!

translation: "i just got pwned, and now must be very specific since z0sa has plainly pointed out to me that asserting broadly 3point shooting big men are not assets is just plain stupid."

besides the fact you were not "clearly" talking about players who are 7ft. Neither were you "clearly" talking about players who "make their living on the outside." You were just talking shit about Bonner.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
You know Zosa, I am glad that you responded to my posts. When I said some fans called me bandwagon fan for calling Bonner out, I WAS REFERRING to YOU!! I am so glad you fell for my bait!:lol:lol:lol

:huh How could it be bait when you clearly referred to me? I'm not sure you understand what baiting is.

You do understand being a BonnerLover I would posted in this thread regardless of your participation?

Following your logic (if you can call it that), this thread is not an appreciation thread, so I wonder why you're here posting on this thread?

Because I don't act hurt and say "I won't ever waste another keystroke on you" when someone disagrees with me, bandwagoner.

What IS sad is that you can't figure out the fundamental difference between raining on a player in a props thread (what you did), and defending a player in a criticiquing thread (what I'm doing).

and, you wonder why I'm LMAO at you.

Why would I wonder what some dumbass thinks?

You call this last game a subpar Bonner game?? How about the last several games, huh? All you do is insult anybody who has a differing opinion of your own. If you took the time to read most of my posts you would feel like an asshole for saying the crap you spew. You think your opinion is holier than thou, well, it's not. I have been a season ticket holder longer than your sorry ass has been posting on this site, so get off your goddamn high horse and go salivate over Bonner pics. I'm done with you, and I will not waste another keyboard stroke on your holier than thou shitty attitude. You don't even know me, so fuck off.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

take your season tix and shove them up your ass. Ive got rent, bills, and food taking my meager paychecks you holier than thou prick.

rascal
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
The problem with your center standing around the 3 point line consistenly is there is one less big under for offensive rebounds and easy putbacks and dunks.

z0sa
04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
The problem with your center standing around the 3 point line consistenly is there is one less big under for offensive rebounds and easy putbacks and dunks.

how is this Matt Bonner's fault?

beachwood
04-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Sweet! Let's sign this Bonner guy!

lurker23
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Rasheed Wallace 7.5 RPG
Toni Kukoc 6.8 RPG
Bonner 4.8 RPG

Wallace: 0.205 RPM
Kukoc: 0.160 RPM
Bonner: 0.194 RPM

sabar
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Kukoc: 0.160 RPM

End of thread

ploto
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
He is on many teams.

Ask Chris Bosh how he liked Bonner starting alongside him. And then Bargnani. You should see the huge hugs Bosh gives Rasho whenever their teams play each other. :lol

diego
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
the whole point of a 3pt shooting big man is that he can rebound/defend on D and space the floor on O. If he cant rebound or defend, you might as well have a 3pt shooter, who are generally guard types. but there is definitely a niche for these type of players and spurs fans have to look no further than horry for the ideal profile of such a player.

I cant say whether bonner has fit the bill or not lately as ive been very busy and unable to watch games for quite a while. but I do agree that it isnt enough for him to make his 3's, he must rebound/defend too or it just doesnt justify his role. my problem with bonner most times is that he loses confidence easily and gets lost on rotations a lot. I dont think i've seen Timmy dog anyone on the court as much as he does bonner, and to me that says a lot because duncan is not that kind of person. bonner may well average more boards per game or per minute than horry ever did (i doubt it but lets say that the case), but I never seen him make the timely steals blocks and boards horry did, or duncan chew horry out for rotating to the wrong place.

he is still a work in progress and he has to realize that his shooting is only 25% of his game. he needs to be a presence on the boards, cover his teammates on rotations, and be smarter/cooler with his decision making.

ploto
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Rasheed Wallace has defended Tim Duncan probably better than anyone else ever.

DPG21920
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
This is the first game all year where I am truly interested in how Bonner does. This is the first game this year that is truly a "pressure" game. Spurs are at home, against a feisty, conference/division rival fighting for HCA and the 3rd seed.

It will be interesting to see if Bonner gets minutes, and if so how many. I will be watching to see if he is firing away and if they are going in.

senorglory
04-14-2009, 10:41 PM
I will always have a problem with a big man shooting 3 pointers.

Bill Lambeer?

senorglory
04-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I will always have a problem with a big man shooting 3 pointers.

Rasheed Wallace 08-09 3pt: 112-318 .352
Matt Bonner 08-09 3 pt: 117-263 .445

Halberto
04-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Everyone has their slumps... it is possible this is just a knee jerk reaction from die hard fans...

Remember this?: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290208002

That was one of our biggest wins of the season and he came through big time

SouthTexasRancher
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I miss Pops.

Me too!!!

What is Pop thinking, starting Bonner? What does he have against young, talented, athletic guys like Pops, White, Hill, Hairston, et al?

SequSpur
04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
bonner better not play in the playoffs.

ElNono
04-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Everyone has their slumps... it is possible this is just a knee jerk reaction from die hard fans...

Remember this?: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290208002

That was one of our biggest wins of the season and he came through big time

If just a shadow of that guy would show up to play night in and night out, I don't think anybody would be complaining. Unfortunately, that game was the exception, not the rule. As stated before, there's a reason the FO was looking for another big, and got one.

Spursmania
04-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Bumping this thread...because Bonner sucks once again.