Gooden
Finley
Bonner
Hill
Udoka
Oberto
Vaughn

Anyone else agree?

I would put Gooden in the starting lineup but then that leaves us with a very weak bench.

rayray2k8
04-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Doubt Bowen gets into the starting line up, but I wouldn't be
surprised if Thomas did end up in the starting line up..
I think Pop will still with Finley in the starting group since he
loves him soooo much.
Hopefully Gooden gives us a scoring punch in the post season from
the bench.

DespЏrado
04-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Have teams in the past ever worried this much about providing a strong sixth man? Seriously Pop needs to stop worrying about the bench and just get the best players on the floor for the most minutes.

For the Spurs to have a chance the depth chart has to look like this:

4 Duncan----Gooden
5 Gooden--- Kurt Thomas-- Oberto
3 Bowen ----Finley---------Udoka
2 Mason-----Finley---------Hill
1 Parker-----Hill/ Mason

Finley, Thomas, Udoka, and Hill are the bench. Leave in one or two of the starters with that group and you are good to go.

MaNu4Tres
04-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Whats up with us having about 3 lineup threads a day?

Muser
04-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Gooden + Bowen should come of the bench for 20 minutes now I feel. Gooden can provide the scoring and Bruce is a defensive leader.

AussieFanKurt
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Whats up with us having about 3 lineup threads a day?

agreed :toast

urunobili
04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Bonner is so gone next season...

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Have teams in the past ever worried this much about providing a strong sixth man? Seriously Pop needs to stop worrying about the bench and just get the best players on the floor for the most minutes.

For the Spurs to have a chance the depth chart has to look like this:

4 Duncan----Gooden
5 Gooden--- Kurt Thomas-- Oberto
3 Bowen ----Finley---------Udoka
2 Mason-----Finley---------Hill
1 Parker-----Hill/ Mason

Finley, Thomas, Udoka, and Hill are the bench. Leave in one or two of the starters with that group and you are good to go.

Have you ever followed any NBA teams as much as you have the Spurs? Cuz I know I haven't, so I wouldn't know.

It makes a startling amount of sense to not blow your wad on 1 unit, when there are 2. Obviously the best 2 players must start, but when you only have 3 players that never need spoonfeeding(no disrespect to Mason, but he needs someone to get his open looks), you have to spread the wealth. The same comes with players who are at least good on D. With Tony, possibly Mason, and Timmy, that is 3 for the starters. Since the 2nd unit is not as offensively gifted, you need players like KT, Bowen, and Hill playing(all can be considered great on D). Course Mason will be backup PG, so the 2nd unit will have 2 great D players and 1 good. Don't know how I'd classify Ime, though.:p:

Also, to aussiefan and Manu4tres, GTFO if you don't approve of the thread. It is completely optional to click on or ignore the thread, how about you do us all a favor and ignore this clone thread. Or maybe give your input.

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Bonner is so gone next season...

How, who will want him in a trade? I know Pop won't waive such a deadeye shooter, he should just move him to the bench, so he doesn't have to take on the NBAs starting bigs.

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Is Hairston being called up just a rumor in ST? If so, does anyone care to guess what the odds of that happening would be? For example, would it be more or less preposterous than Hill get 90% of the backup PG minutes in at least 2 PO games this season?:p::depressed

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Is Hairston being called up just a rumor in ST? If so, does anyone care to guess what the odds of that happening would be? For example, would it be more or less preposterous than Hill get 90% of the backup PG minutes in at least 2 PO games this season?:p::depressed

I haven't heard anything about Hairston but Marcus Williams is apparently being called up.

loveforthegame
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I really don't see Pop changing the lineup. It's possible that Thomas could replace Bonner but Pop likes how he stretches the floor to start the game.

I don't even care about that really but it's my hope that Pop will be quicker about substitutions should someone be sucking. Be it Bowen in for Finley or Thomas/Gooden in for Bonner.

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I haven't heard anything about Hairston but Marcus Williams is apparently being called up.

For now, the only place that says that is a Toros blog site or something, IIRC.

DAF86
04-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Parker-Mason-Bowen-Gooden-Duncan

Hill-Finley-Bonner-Thomas

TDomination
04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't think Bonner gets replaced. Nor does Mason or Finley.

I believe that what Pop will do is start the game with Bonner, see how he is playing and determine how many minutes Bonner will have depending on how he plays.

If Bonner hits his three point attempts to start the game, he will help spread the floor and Pop will keep him in there longer. If he misses his first few attempts, he will be off the floor in no time.

Manufan909
04-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't think Bonner gets replaced. Nor does Mason or Finley.

I believe that what Pop will do is start the game with Bonner, see how he is playing and determine how many minutes Bonner will have depending on how he plays.

If Bonner hits his three point attempts to start the game, he will help spread the floor and Pop will keep him in there longer. If he misses his first few attempts, he will be off the floor in no time.

Wish he'd do that shit with Finley.:bang

Rogue
04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I hope Bruce will re-get a place in the lineups, then Fin is gonna take Manu's job as the sixth man.

completely deck
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
"Re-get"?

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-08-2009, 11:01 AM
What about Oberto, is he going to be able to play in the PO?

Spursfan092120
04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Gooden = replacement member of the Big 3