PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law at it again for the Mavs

Ghazi
04-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Are we seriously gonna get the 8th seed because some NBA fucking spare hits 2 fluke ass shot within 1 week?

Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

In 2003 Finley gets hurt in regular season, costing the Mavs #1 seed, and Dirk gets hurt in playoffs along w/ Kerr hitting some ass lucky shots.

In 2006 the beloved Mavs experience the worst officiated Finals in NBA history

In 2007 a bunch of scrubs on the Warriors hit a bunch of bull shit half court 3-point shots

In 2008 Dirk misses 5 games after the Kidd trade and the Mavs go 2-8 in games decided in the final minute, solidifying their 7 seed and 1 and done.

And now in 2009 we might get an 8 seed because a guy whose been an NBA fucking spare his entire career, wasn't even on the Hornets PLAYOFF roster last year, hits two luck ass shots in ONE week against the Queens and Cheat? Ironically because D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch who was pampered with 97 FT's in the Finals misses a FT the ONE time we actually WANT it to go in?

To put in perspective how lucky the Hornets are, they're 16-9 in their last 25 games despite only outscoring opponents by 13 points in this time (+.52 per game). + half a point a game means they "should" be 13-12 or 12-13.

Since the All Star Break they have an 18-9 record (67%), yet their margin of victory is +1.74 (12th in league since all star break). So here we have a team that's won 2 out of every 3 games since the All star break via fluke yet has played like the 12th best team since the all star break. 12th best team in league playing at a 55-27 clip? Doesn't make sense.

FIVE of their wins have come down to the FINAL shot, and they've won all five. call it clutch, but it isn't, it's fucking flukes.

But I guess it may not even matter, the way the Hornets have been playing we will win both games against them and mono will be banished until next season :bking:bking :clap :clap

Basically what I'm trying to say is fuck the Cheat, and fuck the Hornets, and the Mavs are 2006 champs and fuck Murphy's Law

Bob Lanier
04-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Casual Rasual was pretty good for Miami in 2005. It's not a surprise that some nancified Western Conference team would reward success with a playoff benching, but then, that's the Western Conference for you.

And hey, if the Belovèd Mavs hadn't gotten themselves trapped at the bottom of this 96-man orgy for playoff positioning, they wouldn't have to complain about getting accidentally elbowed in the throat or kicked in the genitals by all the men crawling around on top of them, now would they?

Ghazi
04-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Of course it's the Mavs fault, but still, it's PRETTY fucking agitating watching a team win a bunch of coin flip games on in and outs, bizarre plays, luck shots, tip backs, spare scrubs making shots, etc. Quite frankly win a handful of games they did NOT deserve to win.

I don't think anyone would know what I'm talking about unless they actually watched the end of all these games. The Hornets are the luckiest fucking team I've ever seen.

That being said they're 1st round fodder regardless, but I don't want the Laker douchebags who pollute this board to have the satisfaction of beating our beloved Mavs. A more competitive death at the hand of the Nuggets would bring more solace to my soul.

Bob Lanier
04-08-2009, 04:41 AM
Yeah, Kenyon Martin has always owned Dirk.

Bob Lanier
04-08-2009, 04:43 AM
And watching Kidd put up another 0-for-8 performance in a Game 7 against Billups would be satisfying for Dallas fans.

DaDakota
04-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Finley was out of bounds against the Rockets in 2005, and it cost the Rockets that series....

Karma...baby...karma.

DD

Shank
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I think the Karma for that has already been paid off.

dirk4mvp
04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
And watching Kidd put up another 0-for-8 performance in a Game 7 against Billups would be satisfying for Dallas fans.

Have fun with those Pistons.

dirk4mvp
04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Finley was out of bounds against the Rockets in 2005, and it cost the Rockets that series....

Karma...baby...karma.

DD

Actually losing by 40 points cost the rockets that series.

Ghazii
04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Why does BR have to sleep with my wife?

Bob Lanier
04-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Have fun with those Pistons.
Go Lakers!

dirk4mvp
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Go Lakers!

Keep telling yourself the Pistons don't miss Billups.

monosylab1k
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM

You think the Mavs will go 7 games with the Nuggets? You're worse than Ghazi.

monosylab1k
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Yeah that one call would up being a 40 point swing.

anonoftheinternets
04-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Why does BR have to sleep with my wife?

:lol now this "rivalry" is gettin downright infantile ....

poop
04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
it must be hard being a Mavs fan. theyve had alot to deal with lol

stretch
04-08-2009, 12:56 PM

Karma...baby...karma.

DD

lol, yaos moving screens

Lars
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Cuban whining about illegal screens causing our go to guy to be unfairly targeted. Also the Finley out of bounds play would of eliminated any need of a game seven. Rockets won the series.

SpursReportSucks
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I wish it was Mavs vs Spurs in the wcf! :tu

dirk4mvp
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Cuban whining about illegal screens causing our go to guy to be unfairly targeted.

So you're saying the rules shouldn't have been properly enforced?

monosylab1k
04-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Cuban whining about illegal screens causing our go to guy to be unfairly targeted.

so by unfairly targeted, you mean every time he made an illegal screen he got called for it?

stretch
04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
lol illegal screens

Suns Fan
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I saw a few games and I could see the Mavs getting the chorizo on mny calls!

Lars
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM
So you're saying the rules shouldn't have been properly enforced?

Let me clarify:

You're a douche and the Mavs suck.They never won anything and never will win anything. Rockets cracked under the pressure of facing the Mavs, Stern, the officials and Finley playing from the first row. Series should of been over in 6 games.

dirk4mvp
04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I can't think of anything, so I'll just make some shit up :cry :cry

You're basically saying, yes, the rules should've been bent for your soft shitpile of a center for setting illegal screens.

Lars
04-08-2009, 04:43 PM
You're basically saying, yes, the rules should've been bent for your soft shitpile of a center for setting illegal screens.

Son, since your so dense, let me break it down for you. First of all, a million calls could be made every play because there is always a violation somewhere. Calling a foul or violation every play is bad for entertainment, so there is a certain leiniency given to keep the flow of the game up and keep it watchable.

You play the entire year with a certain style, with a certain repitoire of moves and plays. When it is perfectly acceptable the entire year and ceases to be acceptable in the playoffs, then the league becomes a crock of shit. Just because a faggot owner cries to the league because their team is getting it's shit pushed in, a specific player should never be specifically targeted looking for fouls, because you can always find violations on any player on any play.

Bottom line, the series was headed for a sweep. They wanted to extend the series, so Stern steps in.The league orders its referees to target a player, putting them at a severe disadvantage.

It would be like all of sudden whistling Lebron and Wade's signature moves as traveling in the playoffs. (which they are)

The Mavericks just are not a very good team, but they were entertaining so the league likes to extend thier series. Happened twice.

sook
04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Those weren't illegal screens, if you choose to call them that, then half of the league would be in trouble. O well, what is done, is done.

jazzypimp
04-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Your guys teams need to learn how to set a proper screen from my team!

MavTalker
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Those weren't illegal screens, if you choose to call them that,

So your admitting they are there but since it doesn't effect your team its not an issue.

then half of the league would be in trouble.

Or just teams like the Mavericks

O well, what is done, is done.

Translation it doesn't effect my team so I don't care.

http://compoundthinking.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/istock_000002694919xsmall.jpg

dirk4mvp
04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
lol it's highly entertaining how much mav fans get under rocket fans skin.

monosylab1k
04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
The funny thing is that Rockets fans are actually delusional enough to believe that David Stern would lift a finger to collude with Mark Cuban.

Obviously Cuban had a point about Yao's illegal screens, which is why they were more scrutinized. There couldn't have been any reasonable doubt or anything questionable about Yao's screens, they had to be clearly illegal and detrimental to the integrity of the game, or Stern would NEVER have made sure his illegal screens got called. Because David Stern is not in the fucking business of helping out Mark Cuban in any way, shape, or form.