PDA

View Full Version : Can Duncan Deliver In Postseason? (Hoopsworld)

duncan228
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
You've been warned, it's Hoopsworld.

I posted it because it had some quotes, and it could be a good question to launch conversation. :)

Can Duncan Deliver In Postseason? (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12190)

The San Antonio Spurs will have to do without Manu Ginobili for the rest of the regular season and postseason, but Tim Duncan isn't about to let the Spurs be taken lightly.

"Every championship [he's won] is with a different group of players around him and he's adjusted every single time," said Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich.

"He's been the glue so to speak that allows everything to happen. And I have to understand that, that is the way things work best."

With Ginobili shutting it down on Monday with a gimpy right ankle, Duncan took matters into his own hands on Tuesday night with a 98-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder. Duncan finished with 25 points and 15 rebounds. But as many around the league attest, San Antonio's success not only rests with Duncan but within his bond with Popovich.

"It's true on any team that you need to a have a relationship with the "stars" of the team. If they're not on the same page nothing is going to happen. It's just common sense," Popovich continued.

"I've just been fortunate, because Timmy is the guy who creates an environment to feel comfortable."

With the win over the Thunder, San Antonio (50-27) became just the third team in league history to notch 50 or more wins in 10 straight seasons and it's no coincidence Duncan is a big reason for that accomplishment.

But will it take more than what Duncan can offer for the Spurs to make noise in the playoffs?

silverblackfan
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
But will it take more than what Duncan can offer for the Spurs to make noise in the playoffs?

Yes. Tony will help too.

SpuronyourFace
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Tony will show up.

Summers
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
If Tim can play the way he did last night more often than not throughout the playoffs and Tony can keep doing what he's been doing lately, I think the season is far from over.

VI_Massive
04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
If Tim can play the way he did last night more often than not throughout the playoffs and Tony can keep doing what he's been doing lately, I think the season is far from over.

against average competition.

Summers
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
against average competition.

Good morning Mr Sunshine.

TDomination
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
He can if his knees allow him to.

Thomas82
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Tim Duncan will be himself when the playoffs get here.

Muser
04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Lmao, fail of an article.