PDA

View Full Version : And you thought Donald Trump is harsh!

angel_luv
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090408/ap_on_en_tv/tv_fox_layoff_show

NEW YORK – The Fox network is making a reality show out of the troubled economy. An upcoming series titled, "Someone's Gotta Go," lets employees of a small business decide which one of their colleagues will be laid off.

Fox says it has no air date yet for the series, which is being developed by the company behind "Big Brother" and "Deal or No Deal." Each week, a different company lays off an employee.

Fox also wouldn't reveal the show's host, which it says is a business consultant who will offer advice to participating companies.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
disgusting

SpursWoman
04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
That's freaking horrible. :(

Marcus Bryant
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I hate fucking reality shows. I truly do. If I want to see how people react when they hang out together I will call up some friends and hang out with them. If I want to see how people work together I get to do that every fucking week. How the fuck is it entertainment to see the same shit I get to see in HD every day of my life? We are one stupid fucking country.

koriwhat
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I hate fucking reality shows. I truly do. If I want to see how people react when they hang out together I will call up some friends and hang out with them. If I want to see how people work together I get to do that every fucking week. How the fuck is it entertainment to see the same shit I get to see in HD every day of my life? We are one stupid fucking country.

agreed...

Wild Cobra
04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Shows just haw bad this nation is getting when there's an audience for such things.

DarkReign
04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
The proverbial "Indicator of a Society in Decline"

I can think of no better example.

Spurminator
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Idiocracy

InRareForm
04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
reality shows are perfect economically for tv stations. no actor fee's and people will cling on to it.

ididnotnothat
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM

Why not just not watch them?

Marcus Bryant
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't.

Crookshanks
04-08-2009, 02:58 PM
This is just so wrong on so many levels! In this current economic environment, how could they even think it was okay to do this. This is just another version of class warfare. Geez - it's like High School - who's the most unpopular, nerdy, geeky person - let's all pile on and make fun of them. So, so pathetic and a very sad commentary on our current state of affairs.

CubanMustGo
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Reality programming == the dumbing down of America (and everywhere else). The very definition of least common denominator programming.

The Franchise
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
The producers of this show are some sad, evil, fucked up, tasteless, heartless, despicable, motherfuckers. :ihit

The Franchise
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
This is just so wrong on so many levels! In this current economic environment, how could they even think it was okay to do this. This is just another version of class warfare. Geez - it's like High School - who's the most unpopular, nerdy, geeky person - let's all pile on and make fun of them. So, so pathetic and a very sad commentary on our current state of affairs.

Is it wrong to wish for the developers death?

SA210
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM

mexicanjunior
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't mind reality shows but this one just doesn't seem entertaining...

BackStabber
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Interesting.