PDA

View Full Version : J.A Adande "Spurs will be back....deal with it"

DaBears
04-08-2009, 02:17 PM
San Anotnio Spurs only 2 players under contract in the 2010-11 season for a combined 32million. players are Tony Parker, Tim Duncan. Paker is going to be only 28yrs old entering his prime, Duncan is turning 34yrs old and has played 2000 minutes than Kobe Bryant not mentioning he came out a yr later. Gooden is only 27yrs old and SPURS as a hole have a truck load of cash to spend on what could be the biggest free agent signing offseaon in recent history. Manu Ginobli whether healthy or not doesnt impact the spurs.

So hang tight Spurs fans we will be back near the top of the league shortly.

Story brought to you by Jay Adande(The Lounge)

Donnie Hathaway
04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Speaking on the 2010 Season.

J.A makes a good point, Kobe came into the league one year before Duncan and has played 2000 more minutes, Tim is far from washed up.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4051530
Video

:flag:

tlongII
04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
And a year older...

lefty
04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Jinxed :bang

Donnie Hathaway
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
And a year older...

Yeah well we havent figured out how to freeze time yet but let me know when you dont get a year older after one year has elapsed. :lobt2:<something you havent seen the trailblazers get

tlongII
04-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah well we havent figured out how to freeze time yet but let me know when you dont get a year older after one year has elapsed. :lobt2:<something you havent seen the trailblazers get

Actually I have, but nice try.

“bright and shiny”
04-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Their future is bright and shiny! :)

Technique
04-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Honestly I don't want anymore old veterans like Allen, Nowitski, Wallace. Because that doesn't make our dynasty a secure future, it just makes it a limited threat.

crc21209
He's right though. The Spurs will only have TD and TP under contract after next year, which is going to help a hell of a lot going forward into the future. Another good thing he brought up that people NEVER bring up, Kobe is almost around the same age as Timmy and has played 2,000 or more minutes than Timmy as well. How come no one ever throws the "old card" around for Kobe?

Fermixalot
Wow. Love from Adande... it's eerie.

The quote that got me was "Parker will be 28, and entering his prime..." If he's this good already, how damn good is he going to be in his "prime?"

Speaking of the free agent market in 2010, knowing that big time names most likely will not be looking to the Spurs, who would you like to see come, even if its impossible.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dirk playing along side Tim as blasphemous as that may be to some. Though I doubt he leaves the Mavs, that would be a nigh unstoppable force were they to come together. Well... on offense anyway.

Donnie Hathaway
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Actually I have, but nice try.
1976 wow, 30 years, now thats OLD. Didnt the trailblazers try to threaten the league when they screwed up their financial situation HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:toast

Josepatches_
04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
TD is 33.Actually this team only has present (2-3 years).Not a great future if we don't make a lot of changes.

"Manu Ginobli whether healthy or not doesnt impact the spurs"

And of course there will be a big difference with a Manu healthy or not healthy.Are we talking about basketball? who can say Manu doesn't impact the Spurs? Maybe that's why we are so happy with him out for the season.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM
all these annoying media people are going to make articles defending the Spurs as a jinx..shit, they've been writing us off for years, and it hasn't worked..why not try it the other way?..

Adande is one of the worst writers in sports history..I don't want him writing anything about the Spurs in general..

Mark in Austin
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
"deal with it." :lol

Nice. and Nice to see Adande expand beyond California topics. :tu

DPG21920
04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
And a year older...

As Outkast would say: "Age ain't nothin but a number, nothin but a number"

Marcus Bryant
04-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I've heard this story before. The problem is, a max contract offer in 2010 isn't any more likely to attract a max level talent than it was in 2003.

If Gooden is willing to sign for the MLE the Spurs should do it no questions asked. A big at his age with his scoring and rebounding skills is worth more. At a minimum it gives the Spurs a future tradeable asset.

The Spurs need to see what their younger talent can do. Hopefully Mahinmi can stay healthy so we can see what he can do. The early returns on Hill are positive. Sanikidze needs to get over here. Ditto for Gist.

The Spurs are quickly becoming Tony's team. You need a group of young athletes surrounding him.

poop
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
forget 2011, theres no reason why we shouldnt be a serious contender NEXT year. unless the FO/pop screws it up somehow

spurspokesman
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
He's right though. The Spurs will only have TD and TP under contract after next year, which is going to help a hell of a lot going forward into the future. Another good thing he brought up that people NEVER bring up, Kobe is almost around the same age as Timmy and has played 2,000 or more minutes than Timmy as well. How come no one ever throws the "old card" around for Kobe?

Because post players age A little quicker with the beating they take in the paint. But the 2000 minutes less is A good argument. We'll be back.

xtremesteven33
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
The Spurs are quickly becoming Tony's team. You need a group of young athletes surrounding him.

I agree with this.

But still i think if Rasheed is willing to sign for the cheap...you should do it.

Marcus Bryant
04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Would I rather 50 year old Rasheed or 27 year old Gooden?

Marcus Bryant
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
The Spurs need to use their cap flexibility to make some deals and, yes, to sign some free agents. Short of drafting another franchise player they can forget about landing one in free agency.

Mark in Austin
04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Would I rather 50 year old Rasheed or 27 year old Gooden?

Depends. If Gooden isn't too much of a space cadet to really grasp the playbook, especially defensively; then no question take Gooden.

If Gooden's not getting it, I'll take 'Sheed to give the Spurs the best shot to win a ring next year.

crc21209
04-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Because post players age A little quicker with the beating they take in the paint. But the 2000 minutes less is A good argument. We'll be back.

But then again Timmy's game doesnt rely on athleticism as much as Kobe's game does. Timmy will last for years to come because of his fundamental skills.

FaithInOne
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Timmy will only be 34 then? The way some talk I thought he was already 38??? :lol

An early round exit this year is something contenders for the next should not want.

Muser
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I'd take Sheed over Gooden any day. No offence to Gooden, I love him here but Sheed would fit with the Spurs amazingly.

tlongII
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
1976 wow, 30 years, now thats OLD. Didnt the trailblazers try to threaten the league when they screwed up their financial situation HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:toast

1977 actually.

Agloco
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
1977 actually.

ROFL, talk about splitting hairs. I think you understand the point.....

Spursfan092120
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
And a year older...
But has still missed less time than Oden.

Spursfan092120
04-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I'd take Sheed over Gooden any day. No offence to Gooden, I love him here but Sheed would fit with the Spurs amazingly.
http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/fail.jpg
Gooden already fits in..the guy scored 20 last night, and was the main scoring option when we put in our second squad. He's got a lot of heart, and is getting better on defense every game. Why would we dump a guy who's already fitting in with a guy who would have to take time to learn the system? Besides..at that time, we'll be able to get both if we really want them.