PDA

View Full Version : Shaqtastic news....

Go For Tree
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
this was on yahoo... sorry if its been posted already. if it happens though, it just means we will own the mavs for eternity.... Get on the ball Cuban!

Suicide lines: Does Shaq want to be a Maverick?
By J.E. Skeets

Each weekday morning, BDL serves up a handful of NBA-related stories to digest with your Maple & Brown Sugar Life.

Mike Fisher, DallasBasketball.com: "Shaquille O’Neal didn’t just stay an extra day in Dallas because, as he claims, he wanted to visit the Grassy Knoll. We’re told the Suns legendary center also stayed behind because he thinks all the grass in Dallas might be greener — and that he is angling with Mavs owner Mark Cuban for an offseason trade to Big D. This storyline is just now revving up again thanks to Shaq’s weekend on the town, during which he repeatedly told friends about the Mavs being on his wish list. [...] 'Privately, he's not making any secret of it,' says one mutual friend of Shaq and DallasBasketball.com. 'I bet right after the season ends, it won’t be private anymore, either.'"

Tim MacMahon, The Dallas Morning News: "I absolutely believe that Shaq will push to be traded to Dallas this summer. It doesn't surprise me to read a source saying that process has already started. Mark Cuban and Shaq, the NBA's two best marketing brains, have been longtime admirers of each other. Their Twitter footsie last week was the continuation of flirtation that has been going on between the two for years. Potential deal: Expiring contracts Erick Dampier and Jerry Stackhouse for Shaq. Why would the Suns do it? Because they'd save a bunch of cash, including $5 million by buying out Stack. Shaq made sure to set up a meeting with Cuban during this trip. He tweeted his request to meet with Cuban and followed up on that by sending the visitor's locker room attendant over to Cuban's Stairmaster to make sure the Mavs' owner knew Shaq was serious. Cuban's Twitter report after he hooked up with the best big man of our generation: 'shaq found me. wish I could say what happened. I kept my cool.'"

mavs>spurs2
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Now if we can only pull a decent 2 guard out of our ass, we might be working with something here :tu.