PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans should never talk ish about crying again

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM
NBA referee report on 2005 Rockets-Mavs series

Part of the report referred to events of the 2005 playoff series between the Rockets and the Dallas Mavericks.
• Full report (http://www.nba.com/media/PedowitzReport.pdf)from nba.com
• More (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6035883.html) on Lawrence Pedowitz's report on Tim Donaghy

Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions. The referees followed the league's instructions and Team 3 came back from behind to win the series. The NBA benefited from this because it prolonged the series, resulting in more tickets sold and more televised games.
Referee Supervisor Z told Tim that he had contacted the Team 4 coach about the NBA's instructions. The NBA launched a secret investigation, except that the investigation did not relate to the team that received preferential treatment. Rather, the NBA fined the Team 4 coach $100,000 for not disclosing the name of the official who had informed him of the behind-the-scenes instructions. The NBA was concerned only with keeping secret the leaks of behind-the-scenes instructions...

These allegations clearly refer to the Round 1 Western Conference playoff series between the Dallas Mavericks ("Team 3") and the Houston Rockets ("Team 4") and the well-known controversy over whether referees were told to "target" Yao Ming of Houston ("Team 4 player").

The thrust of Donaghy's allegations seems to be that the NBA sought to extend the playoff series by instructing referees to call more fouls on one of Houston's star players. As we explain below, we have found no evidence that anyone in NBA management or any referees who officiated the series sought to do anything other than get the calls in this series right. Nor have we discovered any evidence that the NBA instructed referees to call illegal screens more "strictly," or differently, on Yao Ming than on other players, or to make erroneous calls...
We have been able to determine the following based on interviews, a review of the League's investigative files from the time and a review of press and other public materials:

The Dallas Mavericks lost the first two games of its 2005 playoff series with the Houston Rockets. Both games were played in Dallas. Following each game, Dallas owner Mark Cuban ("Team 3's Owner") contacted the League and flagged a substantial number of calls that he believed were incorrect. In particular, following Game 2, Cuban sent two emails to the League complaining about twenty-nine alleged "moving screens" he claimed had been set by Houston's Yao Ming during the first two games. This type of complaint was not unusual, but for the large number of plays that were questioned. Coaches, general managers and owners will often contact the League to complain about particular calls or plays ― even when their team has won the game, although not as frequently as when they lose. For many years, the League has believed it appropriate to take such complaints from teams and to respond.

To the extent that errors are identified during this process, the information is then communicated back to the complaining team, and often also back to the referees to prevent them from making similar errors in the future, without advising the referees that a team made a complaint. During this time period, Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President for Basketball Operations, Ronnie Nunn, Director of Officials, or someone else from Basketball Operations would review complained-of plays; Jackson or Nunn would then respond by either email or phone to the coach, general manager or owner.
Nunn reviewed the plays that Mark Cuban forwarded to the League and determined that nine of the twenty-nine challenged screens were in fact illegal. In response, Nunn sent an email to the Dallas Mavericks with the League's response, explaining which calls were correctly called and which ones were incorrectly called.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsupdate/archives/2008/10/nba_referee_rep.html

stretch
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
:rolleyes

sook
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
stop the fucking Mav- Rocket thing it is so overrated. Its an internet forum, let it be. And this has been posted many times.

Ghazi
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
116-76

clambake
i happen to know 3,4,y and z, and i wouldn't buy an apple from those crooked sons a bitches....and i consider them as close personal friends.

stretch
so they admit that there were at least 9 missed moving screen calls. thats a lot of fouls missed.

BUMP
04-08-2009, 04:08 PM
we have found no evidence that anyone in NBA management or any referees who officiated the series sought to do anything other than get the calls in this series right. Nor have we discovered any evidence that the NBA instructed referees to call illegal screens more "strictly," or differently, on Yao Ming than on other players, or to make erroneous calls...

This type of complaint was not unusual

fail

The Franchise
04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Let it go my people.

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Let it go my people.

Have mavs fans let go of 2006? Karma's a bitch

mavs>spurs2
04-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Have mavs fans let go of 2006? Karma's a bitch

We won a championship in 2006

jazzypimp
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
We won a championship in 2006

and we also won championships in 97 and 98

sook
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
DJohn this is exactly what Timvp was talking about, no need to rekindle an extinguished fire. I have to agree its annoying, and i want to apologize on the Rocket's fans' behalf

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
and we also won championships in 97 and 98

:lmao

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
DJohn this is exactly what Timvp was talking about, no need to rekindle an extinguished fire. I have to agree its annoying, and i want to apologize on the Rocket's fans' behalf

Hold on....It's just a message board, people can take it as they please, they don't have to click on it

mavs>spurs2
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Do you guys ever get tired of getting your asses kicked?

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Sook has a good point...Why acknowledge the bullshit that mavs fans spit out???

sook
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM

They will always talk shit, juist ignore it. Don't take the people beneath you seriously and let this thread die

jazzypimp

So are you gonna root for the jazz tonight?

Lars
I am over it, until idiot Mavs fans try and hold that series as an accomplishment

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM

quite possibly

sook
04-08-2009, 04:52 PM

I don't know if i will be "Rooting" for them. But i would prefer them to be the "Victors" so it could help my team out seeding wise :D

jazzypimp
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know if i will be "Rooting" for them. But i would prefer them to be the "Victors" so it could help my team out seeding wise :D

How would the mavs losing help you guys out seeding wise?? that would mean if the hornets lose one or so and we win, we would get to play you guys!

MavTalker
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
do you guys ever get tired of getting your asses kicked?

+1

djohn2oo8
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
How would the mavs losing help you guys out seeding wise?? that would mean if the hornets lose one or so and we win, we would get to play you guys!

Even though both teams are tired of meeting up, we gotta stop using flopping as a reason we lost both series. Yao was out last year, along with rafer, the year before that mcgrady played his ass off, and Yao didn't....

mavsluva
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
To the original poster:

What did you lose personally that maintains your bitterness for the past several years?

BUMP
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Even though both teams are tired of meeting up, we gotta stop using flopping as a reason we lost both series. Yao was out last year, along with rafer, the year before that mcgrady played his ass off, and Yao didn't....

sonth e Jazz are NOT tired of seeing the annual stepping stone to the second round

Jacob1983
04-09-2009, 01:41 AM
If Mavs fans can't complain and/or whine about the refs in the 2006 Finals then Rockets fans can't complain and/or whine about the refs in the 2005 1st round playoff series. Make up your minds.

Ghazi
04-09-2009, 01:57 AM
The two are different as fuck.

For one, we face fucked them by 40 in game 7.

Whereas the Heat won questionably officiated games by 1 point, 2 points, and 3 points. And a game literally ENDED on free throws on the WORST call in sports HISTORY.

Big fucking difference

Furthermore, we're talking about a fucking championship here. Let's assume the Rockets did get fucked by the refs (116-76 faggots), that just means they were losing in the 2nd round to the Suns anyway. If Bennett Salvatore does not blow his cursed whistle the Mavs are the 2006, 2007, and 2008 fucking champions.

Jacob1983
04-09-2009, 03:46 AM
I was just trying to make the point that it's okay for fans of any team ,except the Mavs, to ever whine and/or complain about the refs. If a Mavs fan does it, then he/she has to shut the fuck up. However, if say Spurs, Celtics, or Lakers fans cry or complain about the refs then it's okay and their claims should be investigated ASAP. I smell a double standard.

mavsluva
04-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I was just trying to make the point that it's okay for fans of any team ,except the Mavs, to ever whine and/or complain about the refs. If a Mavs fan does it, then he/she has to shut the fuck up. However, if say Spurs, Celtics, or Lakers fans cry or complain about the refs then it's okay and their claims should be investigated ASAP. I smell a double standard.

"But mommy, sister got 2 more chocolate chips in her cookie than me! It's not fair!"

Who cares, man. It's a sport. It's entertainment, a lot like a soap opera. If you don't like the product, then stop subscribing to it.

Double-Up
04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Why bring up this old shit? Who cares it's like 4 years ago and what's done is done.

Rogue
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
who started this pathetic thread? it's you that digged this pitt and made it as fetide as yourself with those symbolic words of yours that always don't make much sense. It's not our fault to stool in this thread, you decorated this thread in the style that you are very familiar with. This thread you made is just like the country you used to live in, you are not and will never get clean from it because you were born to it, it has already soaked every cell of your body since before you started to feel ashamed of it. It's good of you to feel ashamed of it anyway, which makes you not as bad as yao dude or rapper.

Rogue
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Hold on....It's just a message board, people can take it as they please, they don't have to click on it
spanking idiotic persons is not only the job for the nosy people... whoever sees the idiots like djohn2oo8 is definitely obliged to speak out, just to tell others especially those international fans that djohn2oo8 or any other idiotic fan is just an unrespectable and unremarkable idiotic that comes from a terrible coutry no one here wants to mention.

babyfederer
04-09-2009, 09:52 AM
dallas sucks, and dallas will always suck, 0 championships

Rogue
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
dallas turely sucks nowadays just because of a new resident who moved his home from D.C. to there in Jan. but Dallas still doesn't suck as bad as some foreign country does and that new resident isn't as bad as most governors of that country I mentioned above.

you know it more clearly than any other poster here does, don't you djohn?

djohn2oo8
04-09-2009, 10:13 AM

Let them enjoy their win over Utah, they'll be back to the 8th spot in no time

Rogue
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Let them enjoy their win over Utah, they'll be back to the 8th spot in no time
It's smart of your to put me on your ignore list, djohn. :toast

clambake
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM
stop whining about the heat.

show some dignity.

Mark Jackson
04-09-2009, 10:30 AM
If i'm a Rockets fan, at some point i have to say 'Fellas, enough is enough. It's in the past it's time to move on.'

If i'm the Rockets and I have Yao Ming, i'm not scared of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Findog
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Mark Jackson FTW. Best troll since Rappin' Shaq

mavs>spurs2
04-09-2009, 12:18 PM
who started this pathetic thread? it's you that digged this pitt and made it as fetide as yourself with those symbolic words of yours that always don't make much sense. It's not our fault to stool in this thread, you decorated this thread in the style that you are very familiar with. This thread you made is just like the country you used to live in, you are not and will never get clean from it because you were born to it, it has already soaked every cell of your body since before you started to feel ashamed of it. It's good of you to feel ashamed of it anyway, which makes you not as bad as yao dude or rapper.

:lmao

stipendlax
04-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Jesus Christ, we lost. We blew it. Up 2-0 going home and you're still blaming the refs??

Get over it.