View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh gets pwned by Vet

04-08-2009, 07:51 PM
UZWRyMCxRs8

clambake
04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
it's not nice to pick on fat people.

Crookshanks
04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
If he thinks Rush got "pwned" (that is such a stupid word anyway), then he's as big an idiot as that so-called vet!

The guy didn't know what he was talking about, and Rush was polite enough at the beginning to let him keep talking. Mark Levin would've cut him off at the knees after about 45 seconds!!!

ratm1221
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
If he thinks Rush got "pwned" (that is such a stupid word anyway), then he's as big an idiot as that so-called vet!

The guy didn't know what he was talking about, and Rush was polite enough at the beginning to let him keep talking. Mark Levin would've cut him off at the knees after about 45 seconds!!!

So now, not only are Repugs against The President of the United States of America, but they are against our Vets too?

Why do you hate American? Nazi.

Cry Havoc
04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
so-called vet

Wait a sec. What does this mean? Are you insinuating that the man has not served in the United States military?

Interesting that you would choose to bash him and call him a liar simply because he doesn't like your favorite political hack.

clambake
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
OMG that guy is fucking fat!!!!

MannyIsGod
04-09-2009, 01:14 AM
if he thinks rush got "pwned" (that is such a stupid word anyway), then he's as big an idiot as that so-called vet!

the guy didn't know what he was talking about, and rush was polite enough at the beginning to let him keep talking. Mark levin would've cut him off at the knees after about 45 seconds!!!

wow

PixelPusher
04-09-2009, 01:32 AM
wow

Even that's just a mindless parroting of another Rush meme, the "phony soldier" (http://mediamatters.org/items/200709270010).

Cry Havoc
04-09-2009, 01:56 AM
wow

It's amazing how far this is going. And sad at the same time.

LnGrrrR
04-09-2009, 07:37 AM

Again, the respect that the Right has for our troops is endless.

As a troop, I salute you Crookshanks, for suspecting that any troop that doesn't mindlessly promote Rush Limbaugh is a faker.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-09-2009, 09:21 AM

:lmao

The conservatives hate Obama to the point of celebrating if he was assassinated,

yeah. i know what you mean.

:donkey

FaithInOne
04-09-2009, 09:39 AM

This is nothing yet.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2009, 11:04 AM

No, you're right. It's completely fair of someone to ridicule an individual who risked his life to defend our country on the basis he doesn't like Rush.

yeah. i know what you mean.

:donkey

I already clarified that statement, thanks.

Besides, you're telling me that NO one would be happy if that happened?

JoeChalupa
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Rush Limpballs would make fun of anyone who grieved if something were to happen to Obama.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
No, you're right. It's completely fair of someone to ridicule an individual who risked his life to defend our country on the basis he doesn't like Rush.
well thanks for insinuating, again, but i was laughing at that statement compared to the statement you posted.

I already clarified that statement, thanks.

Besides, you're telling me that NO one would be happy if that happened?
sure. all the conservatives will be dancing in the streets just like the people did in the middle east when 9/11 went down. :rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
04-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Rush Limpballs would make fun of anyone who grieved if something were to happen to Obama.
it's pretty sad that you think that. very sad.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Yes it is but it rings true but if you've heard the crap that Limpballs has been spewing since his beloved republican party got bitch slapped you'd understand. He hates Obama.

Oh, Gee!!
04-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Again, the respect that the Right has for our troops is endless.

As a troop, I salute you Crookshanks, for suspecting that any troop that doesn't mindlessly promote Rush Limbaugh is a faker.

Crookshanks pwnt!!

DarrinS
04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm no "ditto head", but that call sounded a little disingenuous.

Oh, Gee!!
04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm no "ditto head", but that call sounded a little disingenuous.

the caller believed in torture?

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 02:07 PM

very sad, but also very true.

If someone took out Obama..Rush, Hannity, Coutler, Yonivore, Ducks and others would throw a party. And before you say it, yes just like Boutons, NBADan and others would do the same if it happened. to Bush.

Sad on both sides that alot of our political debate has been reduced to that...sad but true.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I would have been horrified had Bush been assassinated.

President Cheney? :smchode:

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM

I agree but not just for that reason. :)

Seriously though, if we lost a president like that, it would be bad for the whole country but people on both sides of the political aisle care more about their or their party's personal agenda and screwing the other party than they do about the people.

DarrinS
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM

President Biden?

President PELOSI?

Obama must be protected!!!!!

ChumpDumper
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
President Biden?

President PELOSI?

Obama must be protected!!!!!See what I mean?

sook
04-09-2009, 02:49 PM
lmfao

Hey if you signed like a million dollar deal, you would act stupid on the air too. He just wants to keep his job, the guy is a hypocrite

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 03:38 PM
very sad, but also very true.

If someone took out Obama..Rush, Hannity, Coutler, Yonivore, Ducks and others would throw a party. And before you say it, yes just like Boutons, NBADan and others would do the same if it happened. to Bush.

Sad on both sides that alot of our political debate has been reduced to that...sad but true.

You are absolutely WRONG! NEVER have I heard Rush or Sean or any other conservative saying they would be happy if Obama was "taken out." On the contrary, they have made it abundantly clear that they wish no harm to Obama - they just don't like his policies. And they know that it would result in great harm to our country if something like that happened.

And the fact that many of you here think otherwise about Rush, Sean, et.al, shows you don't really know ANYTHING about them or their character. Get back to me when a conservative makes a movie about the assassination of Obama...

ChumpDumper
04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Geez, you really love radio talk show hosts.

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Geez, you really love radio talk show hosts.
I don't always agree with everything they say - but yes, I do like and respect Rush, Sean, Mark Levin, and Laura Ingraham.

And I'll even give you libs some more ammunition to use against me - I listen to talk radio all day long at work. It starts with Mark Davis on the way in to work, and then Rush comes on from 11-2, Sean is from 2-5 and Mark Levin is from 5-8, which takes me to the end of my work day and the drive home. I don't get to listen to Laura as much anymore because she comes on here in the metroplex after Mark Levin. But when she fills in for Mark Davis, I listen to her in the morning.

I think Mark Levin is my favorite because he's so real and he doesn't suffer fools gladly. I love it when a lib calls in to his show!

ChumpDumper
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
:rollin

koriwhat
04-09-2009, 03:55 PM
i just wish one day all that oxycontin will end rush... dude needs a bullet in his head! fuckin' pos.

Bigzax
04-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Obama's worth as a martyr will one day outweigh his worth as a President.

vbookie on year 7.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Obama's worth as a martyr will one day outweigh his worth as a President.

vbookie on year 7.

Bush's throwing out the first pitch already outweighs his worth as a President. :lol

Winehole23
04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
And I'll even give you libs some more ammunition to use against me - I listen to talk radio all day long at work. It starts with Mark Davis on the way in to work, and then Rush comes on from 11-2, Sean is from 2-5 and Mark Levin is from 5-8, which takes me to the end of my work day and the drive home. I don't get to listen to Laura as much anymore because she comes on here in the metroplex after Mark Levin. But when she fills in for Mark Davis, I listen to her in the morning.It shows. I mean, I personally find you likeable, but you can just tell.

Is that really how you want others to regard you? Realize now that you said it, it's going to stick to you some. Are you ok with just being an echo of talk radio?

Don't get me wrong: it's cool with me if it's cool with you. You might mix in some magazines and books if you start to get real curious about politics, but it's not required.

Disclosure: However much I have liked talk radio in my life, I never wanted to be it. But that's me.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
You are absolutely WRONG! NEVER have I heard Rush or Sean or any other conservative saying they would be happy if Obama was "taken out." On the contrary, they have made it abundantly clear that they wish no harm to Obama - they just don't like his policies. And they know that it would result in great harm to our country if something like that happened.

And the fact that many of you here think otherwise about Rush, Sean, et.al, shows you don't really know ANYTHING about them or their character. Get back to me when a conservative makes a movie about the assassination of Obama...

Of course they don't come out and say it literally but it is clear they despise Obama and that fact cannot be disputed. I listen to all those shows too just so I know what their listeners are hearing and some of it totally shocks me.
I'd bang Laura Ingram and those shiny lips of hers though.

koriwhat
04-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't always agree with everything they say - but yes, I do like and respect Rush, Sean, Mark Levin, and Laura Ingraham.

And I'll even give you libs some more ammunition to use against me - I listen to talk radio all day long at work. It starts with Mark Davis on the way in to work, and then Rush comes on from 11-2, Sean is from 2-5 and Mark Levin is from 5-8, which takes me to the end of my work day and the drive home. I don't get to listen to Laura as much anymore because she comes on here in the metroplex after Mark Levin. But when she fills in for Mark Davis, I listen to her in the morning.

I think Mark Levin is my favorite because he's so real and he doesn't suffer fools gladly. I love it when a lib calls in to his show!

it's sad to know there are people out there as fuckin' ignorant as you... i have a buddy who i care for and all but he's just as brainwashed as you and the rest of the repubs are.

he is a drug addict, alcoholic, who tried out for the police squad, who can't keep a job, who downs obama and all that is lib, and who can't see through his own hypocrisy. all the same!

talk radio = lame!
rush = fat fuck pos!

clambake
04-09-2009, 04:06 PM
i listen to them, too, including mike savage and monica crowly.

you guys should listen to the best their party has to offer.

and they wonder why they suck.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
i listen to them, too, including mike savage and monica crowly.

you guys should listen to the best their party has to offer.

and they wonder why they suck.

Mike Savage is an idiot. But I have to hand it to them, they sure kick ass in radio ratings.

clambake
04-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Mike Savage is an idiot. But I have to hand it to them, they sure kick ass in radio ratings.

its the only thing their party has left.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM

You're totally right. Supporting torture and calling war veterans "phonies" is so much a better display of character and how classy of an individual Rush is. I can see why you support him.

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 04:30 PM

I'm not wrong because I am stating an opinion. Opinions can be neither right or wrong. I have listened to Rush and Hannity and others and I stand by my opinion. You are right, never that I know of have either of those guys stated publicly that they wanted Obama taken out. That doesn't mean, however, that they don't want it to happen, of which I am of the opinion they are.

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
It shows. I mean, I personally find you likeable, but you can just tell.

Is that really how you want others to regard you? Realize now that you said it, it's going to stick to you some. Are you ok with just being an echo of talk radio?

Don't get me wrong: it's cool with me if it's cool with you. You might mix in some magazines and books if you start to get real curious about politics, but it's not required.

Disclosure: However much I have liked talk radio in my life, I never wanted to be it. But that's me.
I listen to them because I find them informative and entertaining; but I am also a news junkie, so I'm always reading stuff on the internet. I don't go to sites such as the dailykos or huffingtonpost; but I will read some of their stuff if it's posted elsewhere. I also read various magazines - I don't subscribe, but I'll read them if I'm waiting in the doctor's office or the hair salon. So I read Time, Newsweek, even The Rolling Stone!

I'm a strong conservative - always have been and always will be and I will never be ashamed of that. I just don't find liberals interesting or entertaining. I find them mean, shallow and very close-minded towards ANYTHING conservative. And I guess that's the way libs view me - and that's fine with me. I know what I believe and why - I'm not some 20 something who has a very idealized view of the world.

I'm a born-again, evangelical christian and that shapes my beliefs, views and convictions. That's why I find some of the comments directed towards me very offensive - but I really don't care what other posters think of me because they only know my online persona. They most likely wouldn't be my friend out in the "real" world - but hey, we almost always hang with people who are like us - so to each his own.

clambake
04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
you're more informed than palin........i'll give you that.

Spurminator
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
To each his own but I quit listening to this kind of talk radio when I was 23 because it insulted my intelligence. I'm surprised so many are able to listen to it without being extremely annoyed, but then people also like techno music.

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 04:51 PM
it's sad to know there are people out there as fuckin' ignorant as you... i have a buddy who i care for and all but he's just as brainwashed as you and the rest of the repubs are.

he is a drug addict, alcoholic, who tried out for the police squad, who can't keep a job, who downs obama and all that is lib, and who can't see through his own hypocrisy. all the same!

talk radio = lame!
rush = fat fuck pos!
I'm not in any way brainwashed. I'm a moral, upstanding, productive member of society who has NEVER done drugs or even smoked a cigarette. I very rarely drink and I'm an intelligent, informed person.

I've raised 4 wonderful children - who've never given me problems with drugs, alcohol, or unwanted pregnancies. They're all well-adjusted, productive members of society - and they're all conservatives! All 3 of my sons were in the Air Force and the youngest is still on active duty.

I would bet I'm far more intelligent and informed than you are - but you're free to think what you like and feel superior in your views.

LnGrrrR
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm not in any way brainwashed. I'm a moral, upstanding, productive member of society who has NEVER done drugs or even smoked a cigarette. I very rarely drink and I'm an intelligent, informed person.

I've raised 4 wonderful children - who've never given me problems with drugs, alcohol, or unwanted pregnancies. They're all well-adjusted, productive members of society - and they're all conservatives! All 3 of my sons were in the Air Force and the youngest is still on active duty.

I would bet I'm far more intelligent and informed than you are - but you're free to think what you like and feel superior in your views.

Well, at least you raised them intelligent enough to join the right service :D

koriwhat
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm a born-again, evangelical christian and that shapes my beliefs, views and convictions.

born again... give me a break. more like, "i feel guilty for something and look for direction because i can't seem to direct my own life in a path more righteous"

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 04:56 PM
To each his own but I quit listening to this kind of talk radio when I was 23 because it insulted my intelligence. I'm surprised so many are able to listen to it without being extremely annoyed, but then people also like techno music.

And let's not forget rap! :lol As I said, I don't always agree with everything they say, but I find they are far more willing to present the liberal view than many libs are willing to present the conservative view. They are also great at playing soundbites of our "wonderfully intelligent" politicians - so you at least know what they are criticizing and why.

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm a strong conservative - always have been and always will be and I will never be ashamed of that. I just don't find liberals interesting or entertaining. I find them mean, shallow and very close-minded towards ANYTHING conservative. And I guess that's the way libs view me - and that's fine with me. I know what I believe and why - I'm not some 20 something who has a very idealized view of the world.

Curious....I'm not dogging your views or beliefs but you seem to imply that all liberals are 20 somethings who don't have a clear view on the world. Isn't it possible that some are as old as you, have done what you have done (which by the way, props to your kids for their service) and have everything you have but just don't agree with you about politics?

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
born again... give me a break. more like, "i feel guilty for something and look for direction because i can't seem to direct my own life in a path more righteous"
See - you're far more mean and closed-minded than I am. :lol You have the right to be an immoral heathen - it's your life. But don't cast aspersions on mine just because you don't agree with it.

LnGrrrR
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
See - you're far more mean and closed-minded than I am. :lol You have the right to be an immoral heathen - it's your life. But don't cast aspersions on mine just because you don't agree with it.

Crookshanks, I like how you tell someone "You're closeminded" and then immediately assume that this person is an "immoral heathen". Do you not see that you are being as close minded as the person you are accusing?

Aren't you supposed to refrain from judging Crookshanks, as a born again Christian?

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Curious....I'm not dogging your views or beliefs but you seem to imply that all liberals are 20 somethings who don't have a clear view on the world. Isn't it possible that some are as old as you, have done what you have done (which by the way, props to your kids for their service) and have everything you have but just don't agree with you about politics?

Sure! It's not only possible, it's reality - look at who is in the majority in Congress right now!

I just made that comment because I wanted people to know that I'm not some immature "youngster" that hasn't experienced the hardships of life. I've looked at the world and questioned my beliefs and I'm comfortable with what I believe. Others have done the same thing, but come to a different conclusion - and so we disagree. The world would be a very boring place if we were all alike and all agreed on everything! Just think - the threads about religion would only be about 4 pages long! :lol

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Crookshanks, I like how you tell someone "You're closeminded" and then immediately assume that this person is an "immoral heathen". Do you not see that you are being as close minded as the person you are accusing?

Aren't you supposed to refrain from judging Crookshanks, as a born again Christian?

I was being facetious! Sorry - we don't have a smilie for sarcasm. I know nothing about koriwhat - I was making a generalization to make a point about what he said about me.

baseline bum
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM

What's wrong with drugs? Rush does them.

clambake
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
hey crooks.....since you're so fond of levin....you should write him and tell him not to play jon stewart clips on his show.

today, it turned out to be the only thing interesting on levins program.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm a strong conservative - always have been and always will be and I will never be ashamed of that.

You shouldn't be ashamed of your political views. I grew up in one of the most conservative households possible. I am not a liberal nor a conservative, and every time I take a test or get into discussions, I am labeled as too liberal for the conservatives and too conservative for the liberals. I'm fine with that -- I consider myself a moderate. I always thought I would be a conservative. And in recent years, that has changed.

I just don't find liberals interesting or entertaining.

I find this comment a bit puzzling. If you are looking to people of the opposite political party to entertain you, I question your motives and ability to objectively judge their points of view as valid or relevant compared to your own.

I find them mean, shallow and very close-minded towards ANYTHING conservative.

Are you comfortable making that large of a generalization? I retain many points of view that are considered conservative, and I'm sure by this point you've passed me off as an "boring liberal". :lol

I'm a born-again, evangelical christian and that shapes my beliefs, views and convictions. That's why I find some of the comments directed towards me very offensive - but I really don't care what other posters think of me because they only know my online persona. They most likely wouldn't be my friend out in the "real" world - but hey, we almost always hang with people who are like us - so to each his own.

Please tell me: what do you think Jesus would say to Rush? Do you think his off-color comments are in line with what you feel, as a Christian, are positive things to put in your mind? Would Jesus support torture? Would he broadcast such a clear message of derision and anger to a mass audience? I find it interesting that people claim to be followers of Jesus, and yet listen to and put such things in their mind. Jesus spoke love and truth wherever He went. Can you honestly, as a Christian, tell me that Rush and Sean Hannity are examples of who Christians should listen to? Do they really seem wise to you? I actually want to know. To be clear, I'm NOT calling into judgment whether you are a true Christian or not... I'm just sincerely confused as to how you can listen to someone who seems to be so full of virulent hate and depends on making wild, argumentative statements for the sake of his audience and his paycheck.

Crookshanks
04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Those comments I made about liberals not being entertaining and being close-minded were directed at tv/radio personalities - not at any one individual here or anyone I know.

As far as Jesus and Rush - I don't think Rush is hateful. Jesus often spoke harshly to the Pharisees and he drove the money changers from the Temple - he showed a righteous anger. Sean Hannity is not hateful at all - he's the most polite and tame one on air! He isn't even rude to the idiot lib callers.

Sean is a christian. I don't know about Rush, but he isn't hostile towards christianity. I guess I have a very different view of them than you do because I don't think they make wild statements - except in jest. Rush has an on-air persona that may not be anything like what he is in person - I don't know. But I truly believe Sean is the same person all the time - he has strong values and he practices what he preaches.

Now I don't listen to Michael Savage because he's waaaay over the top and I think he can be hateful.

I don't know what Jesus would say about torture - but I personally have no problem with it. I don't care what they do to those people who would just as soon cut your head off as look at you. If torture is what it takes to save even one American - then I say go for it. I don't think terrorists should have any rights. Legitimate POW's - now that's a different story. But I think terrorists are the scum of the earth!

Cry Havoc
04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Those comments I made about liberals not being entertaining and being close-minded were directed at tv/radio personalities - not at any one individual here or anyone I know.

Fair enough... I think it's a bit of a generalization (hello, Jon Stewart?) but I retract the comment. :lol

As far as Jesus and Rush - I don't think Rush is hateful. Jesus often spoke harshly to the Pharisees and he drove the money changers from the Temple - he showed a righteous anger. Sean Hannity is not hateful at all - he's the most polite and tame one on air! He isn't even rude to the idiot lib callers.

Sean is a christian. I don't know about Rush, but he isn't hostile towards christianity. I guess I have a very different view of them than you do because I don't think they make wild statements - except in jest. Rush has an on-air persona that may not be anything like what he is in person - I don't know. But I truly believe Sean is the same person all the time - he has strong values and he practices what he preaches.

I don't harbor a personal resentment towards Mr. Hannity. I think he's a pretty obvious partisan hack, but there are a lot of people out there who are as well, he's just more in the spotlight. He clearly manipulates facts, but I'm sure there are several liberal hacks out there who do as well. But Rush is a completely different story, and even if he's "joking" :rolleyes , you have to admit that his kind of social commentary is designed to stir up resentment and anger towards people who disagree with his political ideologies. I mean, seriously, someone who brands himself as, "the last true conservative" or whatever it was? Shaq and Rush should get together and talk about what it's like to be the last of their kind. :lol

I don't know what Jesus would say about torture - but I personally have no problem with it. I don't care what they do to those people who would just as soon cut your head off as look at you. If torture is what it takes to save even one American - then I say go for it. I don't think terrorists should have any rights. Legitimate POW's - now that's a different story. But I think terrorists are the scum of the earth!

I thought we are all scum of the Earth. For all have sinned, and all fall short of the glory of God, correct? Isn't it God's job to judge them as such? Jesus was harsh in his words, but he lifted up a prostitute -- more than that, He went to Levi the tax collector (viewed as the dirtiest, ugliest kind of traitor in those days) and said, "follow me". That might not sound like much, but coming from someone who was viewed as a rabbi, it's a culturally incredible statement. Did he physically raise a hand to people to smite them or gain information?

Sorry, to me, it just doesn't make sense, and supporting torture puts a person on a very slippery slope. Where does it stop? What about an American military person who's alleged to be giving out secrets to terrorists? Could he be a terrorist and thereby tortured as well?

MannyIsGod
04-09-2009, 09:56 PM

Its funny because thats almost the exact same age when I gave up on talk radio. I get the same feeling when I watch a lot of television network news.

Ignignokt
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
what's this fake outrage about rush. Dude makes political commentary not news, he gives oppinion. Guy just making some cash, and he's actually said to be a nice guy who doesn't mean harm.

I get that you don't like the guy, that's cool.

I would like to know how much it bothers me to read rage emmenating from the series of tubes while i'm smoking a cuban cig on my yacht.

Ignignokt
04-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Its funny because thats almost the exact same age when I gave up on talk radio. I get the same feeling when I watch a lot of television network news.

believe it or not, same here. I can only listen to talk radio in bouts of 3 days with months in between. Most of the time it's like the blogosphere, on a slow news day they manufacture outrage. It can be absurd, but talk radio is actually entertaining. It was entertaining after 911, the dubai ports deal, and katrina, as well as it is now with all the drama of conservatives fighting for king of the hill.

I know how you all feel, when i want real objective news i go to the modern day edward r murrow and his grandson with her own show on MSNBC. Hard hitting truth there!

LnGrrrR
04-10-2009, 12:35 PM

Crookshanks, didn't Jesus say to turn the other cheek?

Also, how do you know which terrorists ARE terrorists and which ones were apprehended even though they were innocent?

Ignignokt
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Crookshanks, didn't Jesus say to turn the other cheek?

Also, how do you know which terrorists ARE terrorists and which ones were apprehended even though they were innocent?

Yeah, i'm sure jesus came to earth not to give personal advice for people but to bring a new era of pacifist government.

Alex Jones
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
what's this fake outrage about rush. Dude makes political commentary not news, he gives oppinion. Guy just making some cash,

Then why did you and half this forum quote him left and right the last four years?

The Power Hour.
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I get a kick out of seeing a republican or a RUSH supporter get exposed and they pull out the "hey its just fun radio" card.

But when someone else makes a comment on the radio they don't agree with that person should be fired for lying to the public.

Ignignokt
04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Then why did you and half this forum quote him left and right the last four years?

when he was relevant i qouted him, even had liberals agree in that thread.

I'm sorry he's more credible than alex jones.

LnGrrrR
04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, i'm sure jesus came to earth not to give personal advice for people but to bring a new era of pacifist government.

Didn't he also say to beat swords into plowshares?

Cry Havoc
04-11-2009, 01:22 AM

Matthew 26:52: Then said Jesus to him, "Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword, shall perish by the sword."

Matthew 5:3-10
3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:38-48

“Ye have heard that it was said : ‘Eye for eye’ and ‘tooth for tooth.’ (39) But I tell you not to withstand him who is evil : but whoever strikes thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also :
(40) and if anyone wishes to go to law with thee and take away thy tunic, let him have thy cloak also :
(41) and whoever ‘impresses’ thee (to go) one mile, go two with him.
(42) Give to him that asks of thee, and from him who wishes to borrow of thee, turn not away.
(43) Ye have heard that it was said : ‘Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.’
(44) But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
(45) in order that ye may become sons of your Father who is in heaven, for He raises His sun on evil and good (alike) and rains upon righteous and unrighteous.
(46) For if ye love (only) those who love you, what reward have ye? do not even the taxgatherers do the same?
(47) and if ye greet your brothers only, what extra (thing) do ye do? do not even the gentiles do the same?
(48) Ye then shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

Jesus also indirectly showed his distaste for Earthly empires a number of times. He was not a man who wished for power, even though both Satan and the Galileans offered him kingdoms.

---

Were Jesus alive during the World Wars, I do not think he would have asked countries to sit idly by and allow Germany and Italy to march over all of Europe. To do so would be to incur suffering on those that did not deserve it and had no way of preventing it, and this definitely runs contrary to caring about others, which is the basis of most of his teachings. That said, I think any war which branches upon territorial expansion or individualized profit for one nation at the expense of another would be instantly frowned upon and condemned.

LnGrrrR
04-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Cry Havoc,

You're not supposed to actually read the Bible! Just listen to what your preacher says. :)

jack sommerset
04-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I have never listen to Rush L show. I have seen him time to time on other people shows or clips like this. With that said he did not get owned. That clip was dumb. Thats it. Just DUMB. Thats why I don't listen to talk radio. Calling the radio host Nazi. Lamo

I have seen the commentators a few times that showed the Rush clip. I have never seen anything funny or newsworthy they have said yet.