PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Over

cheney212
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
As much as I hate to say this, the season is over. After we scored 33 points in the first quarter and barely score over 40 points in the next three quarters, the season is over. Tim looks like and old man at the YMCA and with manu hurts we have no chance. Lets just go to the off season so we can make our movies to improve our scrubby bench team. We need to get rid of Bonner, Bowen, Oberto, Vaughn, and sign Gooden at the end of the season. We need a younger group to win and with Tim slipping away we only have 1 or two more shots at the title. Just get out of the first round to make the changes for your sake and the fans sake! :(

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2009, 08:48 PM
old news..

mexicanjunior
04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
As much as I hate to say this, the season is over. After we scored 33 points in the first quarter and barely score over 40 points in the next three quarters, the season is over. Tim looks like and old man at the YMCA and with manu hurts we have no chance. Lets just go to the off season so we can make our movies to improve our scrubby bench team. We need to get rid of Bonner, Bowen, Oberto, Vaughn, and sign Gooden at the end of the season. We need a younger group to win and with Tim slipping away we only have 1 or two more shots at the title. Just get out of the first round to make the changes for your sake and the fans sake! :(

It was over a few days ago...

crc21209
04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
GTFO then.

Spurs Brazil
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122199
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122205
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122201
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122054

Ditty
04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
GTFO then.

It is over never been more disgust by this team

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-soap-fail1.jpg?w=470&h=373

Showtime24 LAKERS
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Time to rebuild, you guys might get a lucky trade down the road that lands you pau gasol part dos!

Malice
04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Is it just me, or is the rest of the world loving this a little too much? I mean, I knew this day would come, but damn it still stings like a mother fucker....

cheney212
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
we need to trade for good players not old washed up men hopefully we could get a gasol like trade but most likely not :madrun

cheney212
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Is it just me, or is the rest of the world loving this a little too much? I mean, I knew this day would come, but damn it still stings like a mother fucker....

Yes it does and im mad that we have to go out like this!

Malice
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Keep dreaming. Those bullshit trades, Kwame fucking Brown for an Allstar....are reserved for big market teams. Only one pulling them out this fucking mess, is themselves. Not the fucking rest of the NBA...that trade still burns my fucking balls!

Showtime24 LAKERS
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
It was all about cap space...

rascal
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
It was over a few days ago...

It was over after the trade deadline when the spurs could not make a deal to get a quality big. They were not winning this year even with a healthy team.

Malice
04-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Cap space? lol, right. Trade a fucking has-been former number one pick, for a dude who puts up nearly 20 and 10 a night. Cause those kinda guys just grow on trees! If I ever see that fucking GM from Memphis... nevermind, its fucking beating a dead horse. Your team is thriving, my team is falling. I need a glass of scotch.

alchemist
04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
no it ain't just you, a lot of people are happy to see the Spurs in this position. NBA players, execs, advertisers, etc. The whole "me against the world" is a reality, a lot of people hate the Spurs.

spursfan09
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Damn its over? But I wanted to buy tickets to the game this Friday. O well.

Malice
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
no it ain't just you, a lot of people are happy to see the Spurs in this position. NBA players, execs, advertisers, etc. The whole "me against the world" is a reality, a lot of people hate the Spurs.

You so nailed it man. It really has been the Spurs against the world. Playing the right way, not over paying, taking morals of vertical leap...guess Im just not ready. Watching the Lakers, Bostons of the world rolling through the playoffs year after years...is going to be real tough to swallow

Chomag
04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. One thing is for sure is that I'll cheer them till the end and beyond. As fustrated as I have been this season I'll still be cheering them on.:flag:

Malice
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I was cheering this team till my voice left me when the "human highlight reel" was the best player on this team....I just want the fucking haters to back the fuck off.

Frenzy
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
we need to trade for good players not old washed up men hopefully we could get a gasol like trade but most likely not :madrun

spurs seem to pick experience(old) over young (not so experience) more times than not. Its like them been lucky enough to get the big piece and build around it....lighting struck with robinson.....twice with duncan...will god grant the 3rd?

and yes it seems all the anti spurs fans have been getting a hard on for the day duncan retires...cause they know the odds of that 3rd strike.. are slim to nil.

"..i’ll retire 30 seconds after Duncan.." :pop:

crc21209
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Please. I believe the Spurs can still take the Blazers, Hornets, Rockets, Nuggets, even Jazz in a 7 GAME SERIES.

alchemist
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
You so nailed it man. It really has been the Spurs against the world. Playing the right way, not over paying, taking morals of vertical leap...guess Im just not ready. Watching the Lakers, Bostons of the world rolling through the playoffs year after years...is going to be real tough to swallow
You know what makes it pretty damn painful? That for so long the Spurs were able to throw a silent middle finger to all these haters, until now. The critics are finally able to thumb their chest and say 'look, we were right these guys are old and finished" instead of them shutting up their crowd gets louder.

Either way, no matter if we go down in flames this is our team :flag:

cheney212
04-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I still cant believe that this is happening. I thought the Spurs had a chance this year, but with all the injuries and horrific play I can't even watch them. I'm still going to cheer, but they are getting pulled out of the oven because were done.:depressed

SouthTexasRancher
04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
The season went downhill right after we beat the Celtics in Boston. This team is as bad a Spurs team as we've had in the Duncan era. There is no chemistry offensively or defensively. The problem is old, senile Coach Pop will bring the whole team back next season and we'll go through this crap again.

rayray2k8
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Probably over for you, but for the players, it's not over till they
clean out their lockers..
The league has never liked the spurs, so who cares?
Get another hobby. :lol

15 RINGS BITCH
04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
you guys had a good run though, and you never know, you could have another one waiting down the road someday.

just like you guys have seen, it can be as simple as hitting the draft just right, at the right time.

start looking at the freshman class next year in ncaa, its probably going to provide the next bigman sensation.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I challenge any ST posters who say "the season is over" to stop posting until after the playoffs.

If you're still posting here, then the season obviously isn't over.

Thomas82
04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
This season could very well be over, but I think it's too premature for people to start saying that the Spurs are done winning championships.

sexinthatsx
04-09-2009, 12:02 AM
spurs to do list:

-trade injury-prone manu
-give duncan another ring before he retires
-get tiago splitter's ass here by 2010
-sign the next big 1st or 2nd round "diamond in the rough"
-TURN GEORGE HILL INTO THE NEXT BIG SUPERSTAR
-resign drew gooden

and we're good to go! :toast

dbreiden83080
04-09-2009, 12:42 AM
We are in the playoffs.. Regardless of the circumstances, put your damn hands together and cheer for your team..

MavTalker
04-09-2009, 12:46 AM
As much as I hate to say this, the season is over. (

Jesus I thought MavTalk had some lame fans,You guys are pathetic!

Blackjack
04-09-2009, 12:48 AM
We are in the playoffs.. Regardless of the circumstances, put your damn hands together and cheer for your team..

+1:tu

Morg1411
04-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Oh my FUCKING GOD, some of you whiny Spurs fans are more spoiled than a teenage girl.

We've won 50 games this season. Do you know how many other teams in the NBA would kill to have that many wins? (I'll give you a hint...there's about 22 of them...)

We're in the Playoffs. There are 14 left-out teams in the NBA that wish they could say that.

So we're going through a rough patch. So our games have been hard to watch lately. So we're suddenly the underdog in the Playoffs.

SO WHAT????

GET OUT THERE AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!

unibrow
04-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Oh my FUCKING GOD, some of you whiny Spurs fans are more spoiled than a teenage girl.

GET OUT THERE AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!

:toast

manufor3
04-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Okay, stop with all the negativity. seriously, if we listened to all your advice, pop would be fired, wed have vince carter, and probably not be close to where we are now

easy7
04-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Was it over when Germany bombed pearl harbor? :p:

Agloco
04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
It was over after the trade deadline when the spurs could not make a deal to get a quality big. They were not winning this year even with a healthy team.

+1

It was always about getting a quality big. It needs to be a priority for them next year. The whole Splitter/Mahinmi situation just amplifies the problem.

Agloco
04-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Was it over when Germany bombed pearl harbor? :p:

I think our collective IQ just suffered mightily........

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-pac/pearlhbr/pearlhbr.htm

Please read........and re-read.

mathbzh
04-09-2009, 08:48 AM
I think our collective IQ just suffered mightily........

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-pac/pearlhbr/pearlhbr.htm

Please read........and re-read.

FYI
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/National_Lampoon%27s_Animal_House

Agloco
04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
FYI
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/National_Lampoon%27s_Animal_House

Ah, my movie IQ is a bit low it would seem. Never had the pleasure of seeing that. :toast

Laker Lanny
04-09-2009, 09:20 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/owned.jpg

mathbzh
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Ah, my movie IQ is a bit low it would seem. Never had the pleasure of seeing that. :toast

I made the same mistake that you did some time ago... This movie is not exactly a classic here in France.

The first time I read this quote on a forum I thought "These americans should really review their history :rolleyes".

It looks like some day I will have to take a look at this movie to improve my understanding of American culture.

The Power Hour.
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
I made the same mistake that you did some time ago... This movie is not exactly a classic here in France.

The first time I read this quote on a forum I thought "These americans should really review their history :rolleyes".

It looks like some day I will have to take a look at this movie to improve my understanding of American culture.

Its about time you learn about us given the fact we have been eating french toast for decades!

Rummpd
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
"was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" John Belushi, Animal House

"hell no it is no over till we say its over" or something like that again from J.B.

Watch and learn these Spurs may revive at exactly the right time.

JudynTX
04-09-2009, 09:39 AM

Please turn in your Spurs card, thanks for playing.

chrisattsu
04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

This is classic CIA Pop. Every great journey starts with a footstep. The past championships started with us beating the Nuggets. Since Denver has locked in the 2nd seed, we need to drop to 7th to play them.

He asked Manu to be 'out for the rest of the season' (really just a ploy) so we can drop just enough games to make this happen. Manu will sit out for the first round against Denver and then makes a miraculous comeback for round two.

Manu on Fire
04-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Please turn in your Spurs card, thanks for playing.

:tu

/thread!

Manu on Fire
04-09-2009, 10:06 AM
This season could very well be over,

Says who, you? Did the playoffs start yet? Who da fuck are you miss Cleo all of a sudden? Take your phony crystal ball and shove it up your crusty band wagon ass!

Jesus is my friend!
04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
As much as I hate to say this, the season is over.

This topic is full of Win exposing fair weather fans! :lmao

Laker Lanny
04-16-2009, 06:45 AM
this, the season is over. :(

Typical Spurs fan :lmao

LoneStarState'sPride
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
A-Typical Spurs fan :lmao

Fixed.