PDA

View Full Version : Why do we fans put each other down?

Keepin' it real
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
This has to be the most frustrating aspect of posting on this Spurs forum. People are berated for not being real fans, for being bandwagoners, etc. WTF? :bang

I've attended many Spurs games and gone hoarse from yelling for the Spurs, I own the championship DVDs, watch all the televised games ... I love these guys more than anyone I know.

But oh, if I say (or anyone says) the season's basically over because of Manu's and Tim's injuries, all I hear is "bandwagoners," "you're not a real fan," and similar BS. :rolleyes

We're all fans, we just have different points in time at which we see the writing on the wall and begin to accept the inevitable.

We also squabble about the Spurs roster. For some of us, Manu is the favorite, for some Time, for others Tony. For me Tony is the most polarizing player because of his great stats but endlessly disappointing 4th quarters when we need him most. I criticize him because I'm a huge Spurs fan but he lets me down way too much. Disagree all you want, but keep it focused on the issue and don't make it personal. In the immortal words of I know not whom, "Can't we all just get along?" (or something like that) :toast

Let's talk shit to the Lakers fans, Rockets fans, Mavs fans, etc, but not to each other. Peace.

:flag::flag::flag:

jag
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Because when you get thousands of people together (regardless of what team they collectively root for) there are going to be disagreements.

This thread sucks.

Death In June
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
That's the nature of the internet, getting offended by it is like getting offended by bathroom graffiti. It's just some random asshole spouting nonsense. Let it be.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
it's not really Spurs fans, it's just fans of any team in general..

04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree.I will always show my support for the :flag::flag::flag::flag:.I have family who live in both city san antonio and houston.Spurs fans are the coolest in the the nba.I'am proud of this team.They bring 4 :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: to the city of san antonio.SAn antonio and houston have something in common we have :lobt2: trophy in their city.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:.

timvp
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Because when you get thousands of people together (regardless of what team they collectively root for) there are going to be disagreements.

This thread sucks.Exactly. If you want five fans sitting around holding hands, SR is thataway ---------------->

Borosai
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I feel put down by this thread. It's a vicious cycle.

Yuixafun
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Into a soul absolutely free
From thoughts and emotion
Even the tiger finds no room
To insert its fierce claws.

HiLouis!
04-08-2009, 10:18 PM
That's the nature of the internet, getting offended by it is like getting offended by bathroom graffiti. It's just some random asshole spouting nonsense. Let it be.

If i knew how to put this in my sig, I would.

smrattler
04-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I heart all of you... everyone.

anonoftheinternets
04-08-2009, 10:51 PM
:wakeup

Trainwreck2100
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
boofuckinghoo

Holt's Cat
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
You could not have made it through this season without being pissed off at how complacent and full of themselves the Spurs had become.

Capt Bringdown
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
The ignore list is your friend, and will help you 100% in avoiding posters you find obnoxious. Try it - it works!

redskinfan
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
there are only around 4 people on this site who's opinions matter, everyone Else's get's shot to shit...

15 RINGS BITCH
04-08-2009, 11:05 PM
many fans just think they know more than the next guy.

its really simple.

the intelligence of a fan base is always a direct connection to the amount of championships any given team has won.

for instance, spurs fans can be argued to possess more basketball intelligence than rockets fans due to having more championships, just as houston fans have more than dallas and the suns and so on.

lets go lakers!!!!

Baseline
04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
You could not have made it through this season without being pissed off at how complacent and full of themselves the Spurs had become.

It's Popovich who is full of himself, not the Spurs players.

Popovich and his "system" -- the system that only relies on squeaky wheels and used parts.

Somebody needs to inform this moron that an NBA player's life does not begin at 30.

15 RINGS BITCH
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
its that beard, havent the spurs sucked since he grew it?

It's Popovich who is full of himself, not the Spurs players.

Popovich and his "system" -- the system that only relies on squeaky wheels and used parts.

Somebody needs to inform this moron that an NBA player's life does not begin at 30.

anonoftheinternets
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
many fans just think they know more than the next guy.

its really simple.

the intelligence of a fan base is always a direct connection to the amount of championships any given team has won.

for instance, spurs fans can be argued to possess more basketball intelligence than rockets fans due to having more championships, just as houston fans have more than dallas and the suns and so on.

lets go lakers!!!!

good point, only in the last 10 years though, because any longer, and the intelligence would expire. Unless refrigerated. But i digress.

See i can make up stuff too :blah

15 RINGS BITCH
04-08-2009, 11:22 PM
nice try but as far as expiration awareness, see my previous post.

good point, only in the last 10 years though, because any longer, and the intelligence would expire. Unless refrigerated. But i digress.

See i can make up stuff too :blah

MavTalker
04-09-2009, 12:41 AM

But oh, if I say (or anyone says) the season's basically over

Playoffs haven't even began, yet and you say its over? expect to be called out you lame ass fan!

Morg1411
04-09-2009, 01:50 AM
This has to be the most frustrating aspect of posting on this Spurs forum. People are berated for not being real fans, for being bandwagoners, etc. WTF? :bang

I've attended many Spurs games and gone hoarse from yelling for the Spurs, I own the championship DVDs, watch all the televised games ... I love these guys more than anyone I know.

But oh, if I say (or anyone says) the season's basically over because of Manu's and Tim's injuries, all I hear is "bandwagoners," "you're not a real fan," and similar BS. :rolleyes

We're all fans, we just have different points in time at which we see the writing on the wall and begin to accept the inevitable.

We also squabble about the Spurs roster. For some of us, Manu is the favorite, for some Time, for others Tony. For me Tony is the most polarizing player because of his great stats but endlessly disappointing 4th quarters when we need him most. I criticize him because I'm a huge Spurs fan but he lets me down way too much. Disagree all you want, but keep it focused on the issue and don't make it personal. In the immortal words of I know not whom, "Can't we all just get along?" (or something like that) :toast

Let's talk shit to the Lakers fans, Rockets fans, Mavs fans, etc, but not to each other. Peace.

:flag::flag::flag:

Fuck off. Next?

unibrow
04-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Keepin' it real (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14775)
Believe.

Team: San Antonio Spurs
SpursTalk Cash: $6000

What do you expect with someone with less than 60 posts?

Keepin' it real
04-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Well, I came here to enjoy some camaraderie with fellow Spurs fans. Sadly, most of you seem to have some sort of mental defect that prevents you from communicating with any tact whatsoever.

OK, just so I can fit in (and given the negativity and vulgarity in the replies to me), see my responses below:

This thread sucks.

Fuck you. I acknowledged disagreements, but they should be civil.

Fuck you.

boofuckinghoo

Fuck fucking you.

Playoffs haven't even began, yet and you say its over? expect to be called out you lame ass fan!

A Mavs fan? FUCK YOU, sincerely.

Fuck off. Next?

Fuck you.

Keepin' it real (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14775)
Believe.

Team: San Antonio Spurs
SpursTalk Cash: $6000

What do you expect with someone with less than 60 posts?

That irrelevant. Fuck you.

Exactly. If you want five fans sitting around holding hands, SR is thataway ---------------->

As a leader on this forum, your utter lack of leadership and emphasis on ... sportsmanship, civility, etc. ... is disheartening. We should all be able to disagree without resorting to profanity and insults. I'm not talking about kumbaya, but at least a modicum of respect should be a given.

But, based on so many profanity-laced tirades that I read on here daily, and based on your dismissive response, vulgarity appears to be the flavor of the day, so all I gotta say is: FUCK YOU.

:flag::bang:flag:

Gervin44Silas13
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Let's Face it Wanabee Spurs fans got spoiled when we won the titles....
But all of a sudden wannabes hate the Spurs because the National Media dictates, their ESPN mental toughts, and cause they are winning to many titles. i remeber in our "07 run how many PHX fuck fans were in the At&T Center, wear tHeir Gay Nash Jerseys!

I hate the Bandwagon fan!!!!!

Hey Laker fan you can't count your Minnesota Titles...there are not Lakes in La only Drugs , Hookers, and Thugs
Hey Celtic Fan you only won your titles in the 1950's and '60 cause there was only like what???......10 teams in the NBA.
Hey Bulls fan ?......David Stern Fixed those titles, w/ the Jordan Push-off..of course.
He become such a recluse...did you even see him in the hall of fame... it seemed he didn't want to share the spotlite w/ Stockton and David.
That Fat Fuck hamburger eating bastard Willbon was saying, "That Jordan should have been inducted all by himself" WTF?

Its the Basketball Hall of Fame you dickhead!!!

Anyways I hate these 3 teams because I so fucking tired about hearing how Lame eerrr great they were.
The Spurs would have beat these teams w/ total defense...Bar None!

Agloco
04-09-2009, 08:44 AM

+1

The thread should have been locked right after this comment.

Bukefal
04-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Nice, all the insults, why did you join anyway? to insult people? modss arent their rules for all this insulting??

Spursone
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
:lol

Let's not sweat it, Sports is the greatest distraction from the reality of the FUCkED UP world we live in.

Bitchin is a sign that we are still ALIVE.

KEEP LIVING!

:lmao

Borosai
04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a case of SpursTalk overload.