PDA

View Full Version : Why TD played tonight?

Josepatches_
04-08-2009, 09:36 PM
This is not a thread about sit him rest of the season.

I want to say that I can't understand why TP played tonight if clearly Pop was worried about and limited his minutes.
I know TD is a warrior and he's the boss so if he wants to play nobody can sit him.

But we can't be dumb.TD only played 23 minutes when he didn't touch the ball so he can't help a lot.It's a lot of more important to be health than his help in these games.And we lost the game anyway.
Maybe it wasn't a big effort for TD's knees but it's a big risk.

We don't have many chances to win it all and that's not the way to increase them

duncan228
04-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Pop didn't limit his minutes, Pop pulled him and wouldn't let him stay in the game. Pop said to him when he pulled him "I don't need a hero, I need a healthy guy. You couldn't move out there."

Pop said that Duncan said he was okay to go tonight, that's why he let Duncan play in the first place.

DPG21920
04-08-2009, 09:58 PM
What I do not get is that fans who watch every game are surprised by this??? We have seen Duncan like this, and I know we all are hoping and praying that he miraculously gets better, but it is not going to happen over night, while playing a back to back.

Do not overreact, things are as they are, and you just have to roll with it.

duncan228
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Post game.

Pop.

On pulling Tim Duncan late in the game - "I didn't like the way he moved on a loose ball, so I pulled him. He went tonight because he felt good; it's about health, not standings. When I thought he didn't (feel it), I decided to pull him."

Parker.

On Tim Duncan’s play - "Pop (Gregg Popovich) didn't want to play him at first. He didn't want to play him because it was back-to-back. TD (Tim Duncan) played anyways but then when we were down 10 Pop didn't want to take any risks."

On playing without Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan not 100% - "It’s been like that for a while. People don't realize Tim has been playing on one leg for like a month and a half now. We just can't pay attention. We just have to take the challenge and play even harder. In the playoffs there's no back-to-backs, so that's good news for us."

Mason Jr.

On Tim Duncan not being 100% healthy - "He didn't look like himself but he's been playing a little banged up, we all know that, but he's still been able to produce. Obviously, we'll need him Friday and the rest of the season."

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122217

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Timmy played because he's a warrior....ummm, I mean a Spur...well, a warrior Spur.

DPG21920
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
timmy played because he's a warrior....ummm, i mean a spur...well, a warrior spur.

lol

Spursmania
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
It just bothers me to see teams play against Duncan on one leg and then all of a sudden think they are great because they can beat the Spurs. I mean he is hurting bad, and I can't believe he's still playing. Must be so difficult.

exstatic
04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Once and for all, for the idiots (this means you, Jose): Tim can't injure the leg further, he's just compromised in his mobility. If there were the SLIGHTEST chance that playing would further injure his leg, they would have shut him down hard, and likely for the year.