PDA

View Full Version : Oberto: Not done yet.

completely deck
04-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks to the wonderful internet, I asked Fabri directly if the rumors of him retiring next year were true. His response back to me was simply "Nop[e]"

All you haters out there better knock it loose, Fabri's here to stay :toast

holcs50
04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
HAHHAHA nice joke
I hope the spurs dont pay him another dime ever along with jacque gone vaughn, ime how the fuck am i in the nba udoka, kt, and red rocket

rayray2k8
04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
That's a good thing??

Dr. Gonzo
04-08-2009, 11:45 PM
If by here you mean the bench then yes, I agree. He is there to stay.

completely deck
04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
HAHHAHA nice joke

http://twitter.com/obricio7 :lol

That's a good thing??

If by here you mean the bench then yes, I agree. He is there to stay.

Oh come on, he may not put up incredible numbers but you can't say it would be the Spurs without him. Am I the only one that sees him as a good vet to have (like Vaughn?)

timvp
04-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I'd put the chances of the Spurs either trading him or waiving him to save money at about 98%. IIRC, only about half his contract is guaranteed.

completely deck
04-09-2009, 12:08 AM
You think Pop has given up on him?

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2009, 12:09 AM
http://twitter.com/obricio7 :lol

Oh come on, he may not put up incredible numbers but you can't say it would be the Spurs without him. Am I the only one that sees him as a good vet to have (like Vaughn?)

Can you really call him a vet? He's been in league 2 seasons or so.

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2009, 12:10 AM
You think Pop has given up on him?

lol

holcs50
04-09-2009, 12:11 AM

WOW-i hope to god your joking. LMFAO

Sean Cagney
04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Oh wow! This made my day!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares? What has he done in a while? LOL at not the Spurs without him too, you have to be kidding me he played one decent year and the rest notta really.

Rob123
04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
the guy kinda sucks...

Texas_Ranger
04-09-2009, 12:23 AM
It's good news...But I would not mind to see him in another team. He's done with the Spurs.

phxspurfan
04-09-2009, 01:00 AM
He was very solid in '07 playoffs...I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

tp2021
04-09-2009, 01:05 AM
I think Fabri is awesome.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-09-2009, 01:18 AM
He was very solid in '07 playoffs...I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

:tu

My sentiments exactly.

Fab could be a little passive at times, but he brought a unique skillset to this team and I enjoyed having the guy on the team.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Fab, as starting center >>>>> Bonner

He at least added a net plus when it came to passing and chemistry with Timmy. Bonner is a joke. He's just a fan favorite because he's got an underdog thing going for him, Fab pulled down just as many, if not more rebounds than Bonner, and he could barely jump.
He's too old now, but he was a smart, wiley player and defensively adequate enough to get in player's heads. He's not in Vaughn's territory. He was always in the right position and had few TO's. At least Fab stayed a starting center when we went all the way. Can't take 2007 away from him.
Nobody could call him stupid or soft, like Elson, Nazr, Rasho.

Pop shut him down this year because of his heart/health/age and HOPED to develop Bonner who had a 3 point skillset to compensate and complement Timmy's game since he's young, unfortunately it didn't work out and our team as a whole has been shittier than 2007, 2008, because of our starting center problems.

That said, he'd just be taking up roster space so he could still hang out with Manu on the treadmill.
Fab should retire and just be part of the Spurs staff or something.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 04:51 AM
At this point I'd play him over Bonner. He knows the offense (hi-lo with Timmy) and the defense very well. He brings a toughness on the defensive end. And with the way Bonner has been playing lately I'd gladly take Fab over his dumbass right now...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-09-2009, 05:07 AM
yes, and unlike Bonner. Fab was smart enough to get in other players heads, even if they were bigger than him (Bynum).
Bonner kind of shies away from them, to the point that Chris Paul was trying to start shit with him. The only time Bonner takes on the challenge in-game is when he's guarding and going up against another dopey white guy.

SPURS21
04-09-2009, 07:47 AM
He may not be done in the NBA but he is defintely done as A Spur

benefactor
04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I'd put the chances of the Spurs either trading him or waiving him to save money at about 98%. IIRC, only about half his contract is guaranteed.

TD=HOF
04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
We'd be better off without both Fab or Bonner in the starting lineup, they're both garbage. Fab pump fakes 5 times when he's under the basket before turning the ball over, and Bonner can't play a lick of D.

Either way, we still need to get our act together!! If come out with the same intensity & drive that we did against the Hawks last week, we should (I'm hoping) be able to get out the first round.

:flag:

xtremesteven33
04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Fab > Bonner

Any day of the week, twice on Sunday

mexicanjunior
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Fab seems like a nice guy but I think he is finished with the Spurs. He should go back to the Euroleagues and retire a hero...

Marcus Bryant
04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah, the odds are good that Oberto and Bruce are gone after this season, considering that the Spurs already tried to trade both of them once and that both will have one partially guaranteed year left on their contract.

If the Spurs opt to use next season to retool, those two plus Finley and Vaughn should be on the way out.

jag
04-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah, the odds are good that Oberto and Bruce are gone after this season, considering that the Spurs already tried to trade both of them once and that both will have one partially guaranteed year left on their contract.

If the Spurs opt to use next season to retool, those two plus Finley and Vaughn should be on the way out.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Finley as the starting 2 or 3 for the next few seasons. Pop wouldnt have it any other way.

KenGee21
04-09-2009, 05:47 PM
i wouldnt be surprised to see finley as the starting 2 or 3 for the next few seasons. Pop wouldnt have it any other way.

:(.....my god, that's a depressing thought