PDA

View Full Version : I want the Lakers in the first round.

DespЏrado
04-09-2009, 12:15 AM
The Spurs should tank right now, they should rest everyone and dive for the 8th seed. Now here me out as to the why:

The Spurs have only one shot at a championship and that involves beating the Lakers. We have to face them at some point. Why not make their lives miserable and face them in the first round. The Spurs could use the rest of the season to heal and recoup. And for the first round the Lakers are likely to be more vulnerable. They won't have worked Bynum into any kind of game shape, so they may be a little bit easier to beat.

It's likely we lose to the Lakers or someone in the playoffs anyways, why not just face the hardest team at the onset, and save Tim's legs for next year if we are going to be beaten, it would save some extra wear and tear by getting it out of the way early. Besides losing to the best team is not a bad thing.

And if in the off chance that the Spurs manage an upset, the rest of the playoffs will seem like a cakewalk.

Jon Barry
04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Spurs fucking suck!

DespЏrado
04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Spurs fucking suck!

You wouldn't feel the need to say that if they hadn't been beating the shit out of the rest of the league for the last 15 or so years no would you?

15 RINGS BITCH
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
that would work, you guys seem to be sliding more than anyone going in to the post season right now.

going into the second round fresh this year would be nice.

Juanobili
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
we'll end up facing the 2nd seed

just watch

50Bestspurever
04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Fuck that!!! Thats the last thing I need to hear going into the summer is how the fakers beat us.

DespЏrado
04-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Fuck that!!! Thats the last thing I need to hear going into the summer is how the fakers beat us.

We've lost to the Lakers before and it has been the best rivalry the NBA has seen since Boston vs LA. Might as well go all out balls to the walls for one round against them than anyone else. Look at it this way. The Spurs can play loose this year against the Lakers. They can leave it all on the floor knowing that if they beat them, nothing else will stop them from getting another O'Brien.

KSeal
04-09-2009, 12:27 AM
As a Laker fan I would LOVE to see the Spurs in the first round. Much more then Utah, NO, or Dallas. It would be an easy sweep, Manu is gone, Duncan can barely walk anymore, and Parker is wearing himself out trying to carry the team.

DespЏrado
04-09-2009, 12:31 AM
You do realize I am talking about giving Duncan and Parker enough rest to legitimately be a force in the playoffs. That more than anything should give you a moments hesitation before salivating over the Spurs just yet.

Or did you forget how much having fresh legs helped Hakeem when he went into the playoffs? Duncan has it enough to drop 30 any night on a non back to back. Tony can still go for 50. Give em enough rest and time and they might just be able to do it for 4 straight games.

Phenomanul
04-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Hell no...

We wouldn't want Phil Jackson superficially inflating his head to head playoff record vs. Pop. Or for that matter the Lakers vs. Spurs head to head playoff record this decade... cause in the end that's what most ignorant, revisionist stat pushers will point to when picking the team of the Decade... they will conveniently forget the context behind each of those series... And in doing so will undermine Duncan's Legacy.

Lucky for the Lakers they didn't have to face the Spurs in '05, '06, or '07...

KSeal
04-09-2009, 12:49 AM
This is completely a moot point, the Spurs are up three games on Dallas with four games left and the Spurs hold the tie breaker. Dallas is not going to win out and the Spurs are not going to lose out. No way the Spurs will end up with more loses then NO or the Jazz too. If you seriously think the Spurs have any chance at beating the Lakers in a seven game series without HCA and playing like they have been playing the second half of the year you are in serious denial about the downfall of your team.

Phenomanul
04-09-2009, 12:56 AM
This is completely a moot point, the Spurs are up three games on Dallas with four games left and the Spurs hold the tie breaker. Dallas is not going to win out and the Spurs are not going to lose out. No way the Spurs will end up with more loses then NO or the Jazz too. If you seriously think the Spurs have any chance at beating the Lakers in a seven game series without HCA and playing like they have been playing the second half of the year you are in serious denial about the downfall of your team.

Don't go counting your chickens before they hatch... for all you know the Lakers could lose Kobe or Pau for the remainder of the season with a broken leg...

... suffered in practice or in one of these last remaining games... loosing either of those two all-stars would make the Lakers as vulnerable as the Spurs are now...

Nothing is set in stone....

phxspurfan
04-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I actually like the Spurs vs. the Nougats in the first round. That's probably our most favorable matchup. They're not as dominant a home team as the Blazers or Lakers (heaven forbid the Jazz, if they make a magical run at a top seed). We have had their number in playoff past and that gives us a mental advantage.

Parker has experience playing against Billups, and we have Bowen to guard Anthony. If Bowen can pull that off decently, the rest play passale defense, we can definitely win that series as the underdog.

KSeal
04-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Don't go counting your chickens before they hatch... for all you know the Lakers could lose Kobe or Pau for the remainder of the season with a broken leg...

... suffered in practice or in one of these last remaining games... loosing either of those two all-stars would make the Lakers as vulnerable as the Spurs are now...

Nothing is set in stone....

:lmao So the Lakers need one of their best players to get hurt and be out for the rest of the year for your team to have any chance at beating us. That says it all right there. No shit if a main player of any team gets hurt another team will have a shot. What a stupid argument.

Sean Cagney
04-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Spurs fucking suck!

Yes Jon Barry and you have been running your mouth alot lately, just to find out you have no rings at all and you were a fukkin role player who hit some threes and never got far, you are trash.... I heard about dude running his mouth again tonight from Spurs fans on another board, this dude is a clown and a joke, his brother got two he has none so JON IS JUST MAD! U MAD JON?????? U MAD???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. Look Baldo you are trash, just a pimple on the all times stats and players. No title your fukkin commentating sucks, hate all you want but you are nothing.

Sean Cagney
04-09-2009, 01:42 AM
:lmao So the Lakers need one of their best players to get hurt and be out for the rest of the year for your team to have any chance at beating us. That says it all right there. No shit if a main player of any team gets hurt another team will have a shot. What a stupid argument.

Manu is already hurt and out for the year! So they have key part out, for one of yours to be out would make it about even right? Laugh alll you want to but seriously it would be around even then man :lol:lol A MAIN PLAYER Is already hurt here in SA, damnit Pau:king go break a fukkin leg

holcs50
04-09-2009, 02:06 AM
God Im so fucking tired of spurs fans saying this. I honestly think its probably the most retarded idea ever. And sadly many people on here think this is a viable option. IDK about you guys but honestly I like playin the lakes WHEN both teams can compete at FULL strength. The lakers would sweep us-sorry just the truth guys. And the last fuckin thing i want to do living in socal is have all my gay ass laker friends coming up and talking trash the rest of the playoffs and rest of the year. It doesn't matter we aren't healthy they still will never let it go. I'd much much rather finish 3 or 6 or 7 have a chance to win a round or two and hey IF we are good enough to make it that far then so be it (dont think we are this year). But anyone who seriously thinks that would be a good idea is well retarded.

DespЏrado
04-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Manu is already hurt and out for the year! So they have key part out, for one of yours to be out would make it about even right? Laugh alll you want to but seriously it would be around even then man :lol:lol A MAIN PLAYER Is already hurt here in SA, damnit Pau:king go break a fukkin leg
Seriously don't wish injury on an opponent.

The Spurs vs the Lakers seems like a good option to me. Make a last stand at the Alamo kind of deal. If we can't beat them up front we can't beat them at all. Might as well face them as well rested as possible. Take Tim and Tony out of the lineup, tell the rest of them to lose and stay loose, and make the best of an opportunity to play our best games against the Lakers with as healthy a team as possible.

If the Spurs can get over that hump think about how huge that would be, a seventh seed upset against the all but crowned Lakers. Have no doubt I don't want to lose, but if we have any chance of beating the Lakers its with Duncan being as close to 100% as possible. Rest him for the rest of the season and we might have something close to that. Going through the grind of the first few rounds just to play the Lakers with an even more gimped Duncan seems like a worse choice/

holcs50
04-09-2009, 02:27 AM

The Spurs vs the Lakers seems like a good option to me. Make a last stand at the Alamo kind of deal. If we can't beat them up front we can't beat them at all. Might as well face them as well rested as possible. Take Tim and Tony out of the lineup, tell the rest of them to lose and stay loose, and make the best of an opportunity to play our best games against the Lakers with as healthy a team as possible.

If the Spurs can get over that hump think about how huge that would be, a seventh seed upset against the all but crowned Lakers. Have no doubt I don't want to lose, but if we have any chance of beating the Lakers its with Duncan being as close to 100% as possible. Rest him for the rest of the season and we might have something close to that. Going through the grind of the first few rounds just to play the Lakers with an even more gimped Duncan seems like a worse choice/

Your not getting it. To beat the lakers this year we needed a completely healthy team-and even then we'd still be underdogs because honestly the lakers bench is quite a bit better than our old farts. We don't have ginobili, TD is hurting----pretty much point is we are going to lose to the lakes 4-0 or 4-1 whether we play them now or in the WCF. It doesn't matter dude. Knowing this the lakers are the last team id want to lose to especially when not full strength. And we actually can win a series probably not two, who knows if we play other teams. Id rather win a series, play tuff, than just get stomped on and go out wounded. And were not going to play them anyways , even if like you said were 7th seed??? idk how you got if were 7th seed we would play the lakes. Wed play the nuggs most likely if were 7.

DespЏrado
04-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Your not getting it. To beat the lakers this year we needed a completely healthy team-and even then we'd still be underdogs because honestly the lakers bench is quite a bit better than our old farts. We don't have ginobili, TD is hurting----pretty much point is we are going to lose to the lakes 4-0 or 4-1 whether we play them now or in the WCF. It doesn't matter dude. Knowing this the lakers are the last team id want to lose to especially when not full strength. And we actually can win a series probably not two, who knows if we play other teams. Id rather win a series, play tuff, than just get stomped on and go out wounded. And were not going to play them anyways , even if like you said were 7th seed??? idk how you got if were 7th seed we would play the lakes. Wed play the nuggs most likely if were 7.

I said eighth seed, read my posts and I've already answered why we should face them now even if it is to lose. Duncan needs to not get worn down if another championship is not possible. 6-10 + playoff games is a lot of time to make a bad injury into a devastating one. (See Grant Hill.) Duncan isn't going to sit out the playoffs so you might as well let him go all out against the one team that matters as soon as possible.

holcs50
04-09-2009, 03:14 AM

I see 7th. But anyways so your saying you want td to only play one series and go out playing some somewhat good bball before his injury gets a lot worse. Understandable. But chances are quite a few teams could take us out in the first round-ill take my chances against them....and maybe we win and play well. who knows-can't just throw in the towel. Because asking for the lakers first round is throwing in the towel. I still think thats the worst idea-and its NOT going to happen so who cares-but I cant imagine spurs fans really want to play a healthy/better lakers squad against our injured ailing squad-anyone who has watched games this year knows it would be a bad series for us spurs fans even if they try their best. I dont want to see that at all.....if big 3 are healthy of course anytime id like a series with the lakes to get revenge for last year -----but not now

21_Blessings
04-09-2009, 03:53 AM
Are you sure you want to see your team get swept in the 1st round?

der Kaiser
04-09-2009, 03:53 AM
Hell no...

We wouldn't want Phil Jackson superficially inflating his head to head playoff record vs. Pop. Or for that matter the Lakers vs. Spurs head to head playoff record this decade... cause in the end that's what most ignorant, revisionist stat pushers will point to when picking the team of the Decade... they will conveniently forget the context behind each of those series... And in doing so will undermine Duncan's Legacy.

Lucky for the Lakers they didn't have to face the Spurs in '05, '06, or '07...

Lucky for the Spurs that the Lakers were dismantled in 04 or else we would have pwned you in 05, 06, and 07.

Purple & Gold
04-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Lucky for the Spurs that the Lakers were dismantled in 04 or else we would have pwned you in 05, 06, and 07.

It only took the Lakers 3 years to rebuild I wonder how long it will take the spurs

crc21209
04-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Not gonna happen. Dallas, Utah, or New Orleans is going to have that 8 seed.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 04:45 AM

Oh you mean the years the Lakers blew and didnt make the Playoffs one year and got bounced in the 1st round by the Suns in the other years? :lol

Phenomanul
04-09-2009, 11:20 AM

You missed the point entirely... :shootme

mexicanjunior
04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Playing the Lakers in the first round would be the worst case scenario. No way I want to see the Spurs get embarrassed and swept out of the first round...plus, see Kobe doing his "big balls" dance and Sasha jacking up "post blowout" 3's when the game is in hand and giggling about it. If we are going to get swept in the first round, let it be to a team I can feel good about giving a free ride to the 2nd round like the Blazers or Nuggets.

Max123
04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
If Tony and Tim are fully rested, it's not a bad idea to face the Lakers early. While we are still fresh, and still known as a great playoff team, it's gonna be nice to force the issue, go all in and try to kick their ass. If not, at least we tried.

4everSpurFan
04-09-2009, 12:23 PM
regardless who the spurs play, they are going out in the 1st round. They might end up on the road starting the 1st round.

Get it over quick... Get rid of the whole team and build around TP... It's his team now!

Spursmania
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
It only took the Lakers 3 years to rebuild I wonder how long it will take the spurs

This season.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I think that could work....rest TD and TP the last 4 games....get down to business in the first round...After LA, all we'd need to do is beat Dallas and whichever joke team managed to get a freebie to the WCF's.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Also, LA in the first round would be a much bigger motivator for the Spurs to wake up rather than playing Portland or Dallas or some other joke team along those lines.

4everSpurFan
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
you guys crack me up... You think they have a chance beating LA in 1st round??? Really, most of you need to get over it and realize this season is over. No way in hell will they beat any team with their current roster esp. in the playoffs and TD not 100%

50Bestspurever
04-10-2009, 12:28 AM

Dude are you on crack. There is no way in hell our beloved spurs our gonna beat the fakers. I hate, and hate is a strong word, the lakers. I hate everything about them. From their hippie bloated ego of a coach to their sexual assaulting guard. And I want no part of them. Get this thru your head, it will be embarressing to play them cause those fuckers are gonna run up scores and bspn is gonna suck them off after every game. Fuck that idea. Manu giveth and manu taketh.

DespЏrado
04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Dude are you on crack. There is no way in hell our beloved spurs our gonna beat the fakers. I hate, and hate is a strong word, the lakers. I hate everything about them. From their hippie bloated ego of a coach to their sexual assaulting guard. And I want no part of them. Get this thru your head, it will be embarressing to play them cause those fuckers are gonna run up scores and bspn is gonna suck them off after every game. Fuck that idea. Manu giveth and manu taketh.

And you still care what others think about the Spurs? Really? You don't think they've already earned theirs? Losing to the the team that will probably be this years champion holds no shame man. We are beat up. We got nothing left to prove....If we can put up any kind of fight against the Lakers it will be icing on a good season. If we happen to beat them even 2 games that will be a moral victory. If we win the series, the Lakers will never be able to talk trash to us again.

Rest up now and Duncan might be capable of playing 80% against them, besides they will be weaker while they try to bring Bynum on board. There is a chance that they could be beaten in the first round because of that. They have struggled before when Bynum came back earlier this year.

If we lose to the Lakers then that's a few less games than Duncan might get hurt in.

j-money24
04-10-2009, 01:03 AM
no offence, but some of you spurs fans are stupid.

quickerblade
04-10-2009, 01:17 AM
no offence, but some of you spurs fans are stupid.
I agree.

whether you face the lakers in the first round, second round or even regular season, you are going to get that ass smacked.

i understand the whole pride issue but reality is vital

50Bestspurever
04-10-2009, 02:04 AM
And you still care what others think about the Spurs? Really? You don't think they've already earned theirs? Losing to the the team that will probably be this years champion holds no shame man. We are beat up. We got nothing left to prove....If we can put up any kind of fight against the Lakers it will be icing on a good season. If we happen to beat them even 2 games that will be a moral victory. If we win the series, the Lakers will never be able to talk trash to us again.

Rest up now and Duncan might be capable of playing 80% against them, besides they will be weaker while they try to bring Bynum on board. There is a chance that they could be beaten in the first round because of that. They have struggled before when Bynum came back earlier this year.

If we lose to the Lakers then that's a few less games than Duncan might get hurt in.

Your completely missing the point. First off, I could care less what other people think about the spurs. As a true spurs fan you are issued this attitude at birth. No respect from the national bullshit media, who gives a shit. Secondly, there is no freaking icing on spurs season unless it ends with a championship, period! No "way to go" or "wow great try". Thats for bullshit orginazations like the hornets, blazers or magic. Were talking about the spurs for christ sake. The four time nba champs. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:. Unfortunatly this year we were dealt a shitty hand. As a fan I can eventually deal with that. But we are not gonna beat the lakers without manu. Why? Cause he's manu freaking ginobili!!! And losing to the Lakers would sux. I hate them, hate, hate hate the fucking lakers. So stop with the giving it the old college try, it just aint gonna happen.