PDA

View Full Version : Way To go Kobe

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Think they said he had one basket in the second half, Lakers lose by 13 to Miami.

Maybe Kobe can be the Laker org. representative at the lotto draft order drawing.

ducks
03-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Think they said he had one basket in the second half, Lakers lose by 13 to Miami.

Maybe Kobe can be the Laker org. representative at the lotto draft order drawing.

they could use the utah big :lol :lol :lol :lol

blackbucket
03-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Rape forum

ducks
03-17-2005, 10:54 PM
lakers would be better off trading be kobe for 2 younger superstars

would you trade lebron james for kobe?
(forget salaries also rember cavs are already worried about resigning james)

whottt
03-17-2005, 10:59 PM
I'd trade Kobe for Lebron James in a second..even if I was in the middle of a title run and had the best record in the NBA. LBJ already has more experience carrying a team than Kobe.

You'd have to be a real birdbrain to say no to that trade.

T Park
03-17-2005, 11:12 PM
id trade kobe for lebron in a new york minute.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I would too, if I was at the top of the Laker org. As for Cleveland, there's no way in hell they would do it.

T Park
03-17-2005, 11:18 PM
nah.

Maybe they could swing a Kobe for Carmello deal.

baseline bum
03-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I'd trade Kobe for LeBron in a second. I think Kobe's a better player right now, but LeBron is a team player and well liked by his teammates, something Kobe has definitely not been in the past.

bigbendbruisebrother
03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I had a dream the other night that Kobe played for the Blazers. Wouldn't that just fit?

exstatic
03-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I would too, if I was at the top of the Laker org. As for Cleveland, there's no way in hell they would do it.

If they thought that LeBron was going to take a walk, Kobe would be an awfully nice consolation prize. I believe that those Nike assholes put a kicker in his shoe contract that escalates the $$$ substantially if he plays in a NY or LA market. Clevelands' front office has to be shitting bricks about now. I can't decide if I would rather see Kobes in Cleveland, or playing second fiddle in the Staples Center to LeBron as a Clipper. :lmao

Guru of Nothing
03-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I can't decide if I would rather see Kobes in Cleveland, or playing second fiddle in the Staples Center to LeBron as a Clipper. :lmao

Kobe in Cleveland, hands down.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Rape forum

Sorry, that just cracked me up! :lol

milkyway21
03-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Kobe-KG tandem for me...in L.A. it could be real scary :rolleyes

san antonio spurs
03-18-2005, 03:57 AM
what would lebron do with the team kobe has,in the west?
just wonderin'
________
Zoloft class action lawsuit (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

whottt
03-18-2005, 04:07 AM
I think the Lakers without Kobe have more talent than the Cavaliers without LeBron. I think Lamar Odom all by himself makes LA the better team.

san antonio spurs
03-18-2005, 04:13 AM
I think the Lakers without Kobe have more talent than the Cavaliers without LeBron. I think Lamar Odom all by himself makes LA the better team.
are you answering my question?
if that is the case, what would lebron do with lakers in the west.
would he make lamar post up?
would he make chucky defend?
would he make all those scrubs make effort?
just wonderin'?
ooohh and by the way,he'll certainly solve the triangle mistery and make the others understand it :rolleyes
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

timvp
03-18-2005, 04:26 AM
Shaq is the person behind the show. He made Penny look like one of the better players in the league. He made Kobe look like one of the better players in the league. Now, he's making Dwyane look like one of the better players in the league.

Of those three, I think Dwyane might actually be the best. Penny at his prime is probably just a notch below Kobe at his prime.

Kobe might seriously be the worst teammate in the history of basketball.

whottt
03-18-2005, 04:37 AM
are you answering my question?
Kinda

if that is the case, what would lebron do with lakers in the west.
I think they'd be better. Kobe's got serious game but LeBron is the smarter player IMO. Kobe doesn't make other players better. LeBron does.

would he make lamar post up?
Hmmm...I don't think Lamar would need to post up as much with LeBron on his team.

would he make chucky defend?
I wouldn't go that far, he can't make his own teamates defend...especially Drew Gooden.

would he make all those scrubs make effort?
just wonderin'?

Those scrubs would make more effort because LeBron isn't a selfish, teamate alienating ballhog..LeBron has a PG's mentality...Kobe only shares the ball when he gets sick of being doubled and is sucking....he's got that same mentality that a lot of scorers do...he thinks he's Jordan but he doesn't realize Jordan was a 50% shooter and he is struggling to stay above 40%.

ooohh and by the way,he'll certainly solve the triangle mistery and make the others understand it :rolleyes

Yeah we all know how much Kobe loved the triangle before this year...no one is forcing Kobe to play the triangle now...he requested it...too bad he ran off the people that actually understood it and made it work.

I still like the surrounding talent of the Lakers better than the Cavaliers. I actually think if Phil came back the Lakers could be a very good team very quickly.

MannyIsGod
03-18-2005, 04:42 AM
The Lakers do have more talent than the Cavs, but one thing to remember is that they also play in a much tougher confrence.

whottt
03-18-2005, 04:49 AM
So who would you take Manny....Kobe or LeBron?

I am pretty sure I know which one San Antonio Spurs would take.

Remember...Kobe made his bed, that's something to think about when deciding which player you want.

ceds
03-18-2005, 05:56 AM
One thing we know is that with the game on the line nobody is better then Kobe. He's stabbed you guys in the heart year after year in the playoffs against some of the best defensive teams ever.

Lebron looks the part but still has alot to prove before put on Kobe's level

Useruser666
03-18-2005, 08:11 AM
A first post on a Kobe thread. What a waste.....

ducks
03-18-2005, 08:34 AM
If they thought that LeBron was going to take a walk, Kobe would be an awfully nice consolation prize. I believe that those Nike assholes put a kicker in his shoe contract that escalates the $$$ substantially if he plays in a NY or LA market. Clevelands' front office has to be shitting bricks about now. I can't decide if I would rather see Kobes in Cleveland, or playing second fiddle in the Staples Center to LeBron as a Clipper. :lmao

they also put a clause in it which included the bulls
and he wears number 23 :angel

smeagol
03-18-2005, 09:54 AM
5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . seconds before Slava, adidas11, Kaster or some other laker fan steps in to defend the raper.

missmyzte
03-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Go Purple and Gold, just don't go to the lottery.
The game sucked, Lakers rule.

sa_butta
03-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I had a dream the other night that Kobe played for the Blazers. Wouldn't that just fit?
yeah the jailblazers nice fit

TDfan2007
03-18-2005, 01:45 PM
last night was the worst I've seen Kobe in a long time. But that's what happens when you have to work your ass off for every shot. When Shaq was in LA, the game came to Kobe, he didn't need to force anything, although occasionally he would. Now Kobe has to work for everything and he's not that great of a shooter (his form is extremely flawed).

In 02-03 while Shaq was injured Kobe had something like 9 straight 40 point games, but the Lakers continued to loose, that's why Kobe is a great player, but he's no Shaq.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-18-2005, 01:45 PM
kobe should go back to working on his rap album

alamo50
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Shaq feeling sweet as Heat sweeps Kobe, Lakers

O'Neal scores 25 points as Miami wins 11th straight; Bryant, Wade exchange words

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050317/050317_kobeShaq_vmed_7p.vmedium.jpg
Heat center Shaquille O'Neal blocks a shot by Lakers guard Kobe Bryant on Thursday. Miami went on to win 102-89.

The Associated Press
Updated: 12:08 a.m. ET March 18, 2005

MIAMI - Shaquille O’Neal wants nothing to do with Kobe Bryant. And Bryant soon may not want anything to do with Shaq’s understudy in Miami.

Dwyane Wade — pumped up by a comment Bryant made as the first half expired — scored eight of his 27 points in the fourth quarter, and O’Neal had a 25-point, 12-rebound game that helped lift the Miami Heat to a 102-89 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.

It was the 11th straight win and a single-season record 14th straight at home for Miami (51-16), which moved nine games ahead of Detroit in the Eastern Conference standings and within percentage points of San Antonio (49-15) for the league’s best record.

“We just look at this game as another game,” said O’Neal, who enjoyed a season sweep at his former teammate’s expense. “We wanted to stay focused and our guys did a beautiful job of not letting anything enter into the locker room that would break our focus.”

Bryant, according to Wade, told Miami’s second-year guard “Stop crying” as the teams were preparing to leave the court following a first half in which Wade was often agitated over non-calls.

“I don’t want to say what I said,” Wade said. “I told him that I wasn’t talking to him, for one. And for two, I pretty much told him a lot of stuff. I don’t want to get into it.”

His play did the talking. Wade added eight rebounds and five assists, then he pumped his fist in exultation as the final seconds wore down.

Bryant had 21 points in the first half but missed his first nine shots after halftime and finished with 26 points on 8-for-23 shooting. Chucky Atkins had 23 for the Lakers, who dropped their third straight and fell 1½ games behind Denver for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

“I think we’re at our best when the odds are against us,” Bryant said.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Keyon Dooling scored eight of his season-high 17 points in the fourth quarter for Miami, which outscored the Lakers 33-22 in the last 12 minutes — even though the Lakers connected on six 3-pointers in the final 10:03.

“Keyon was obviously fabulous, and Dwyane and Shaq were very, very good again,” Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said.

It was the Lakers’ first visit to Miami since last summer’s trade sending O’Neal to the Heat for Caron Butler, Lamar Odom and Brian Grant — all key players in last season’s run to the East semifinals. There was plenty of hype, although it paled to the mania surrounding the Heat’s 104-102 Christmas win in Los Angeles.

And the crowd’s reaction, both to Bryant and the former Heat trio, went as expected.

There was a quick, loud chorus of booing when Bryant was introduced as a starter, and more catcalls and chants followed virtually every time he touched the basketball. He and O’Neal barely acknowledged each other before tip-off but extended hands halfheartedly in the center circle.

“I didn’t say anything,” O’Neal said. “Got nothing to say. I’m a married man; I don’t need a relationship with another man.”

Nothing but long cheers rained down from the sellout crowd when Odom and Butler were announced. And when Grant checked into the game midway through the quarter, Eddie Jones was the first player from either side to greet him, giving a quick hug.

There were plenty more embraces at the final buzzer, including one where Bryant wrapped his arms around Wade. But by then, only one team was smiling.

“It’s not about individual achievements, individual accomplishments,” Bryant said. “It’s about us believing in each other, trying to do something everybody says we can’t do.”

Bryant started quickly, scoring seven of the Lakers’ points in a 9-2 game-opening run. Yet the Lakers missed 12 of their final 15 shots of the quarter, and Dooling’s 3-pointer with 0.1 seconds left gave Miami a 25-20 lead after the opening period.

That shot sparked an 11-2 run by Miami, with Dooling hitting two more jumpers in the first 2:48 of the second quarter to help Miami to a 33-22 lead.

Over the first 18½ minutes, Los Angeles was getting scoring from just two players — Bryant and Odom. They hit nine of their first 14 shots, while their teammates were a combined 1-for-18.

But the Lakers still stayed close, with Atkins scoring eight points in a three-minute span late in the half to help draw his team to 47-45 at the break. And it stayed a two-point margin, with Miami up 69-67 entering the fourth — even though Bryant only managed a pair of free throws in the third quarter.

“We played well for 36 minutes tonight,” Lakers coach Frank Hamblen said. “Unfortunately, the game is 48.”

Notes: Odom was a little disoriented coming out of the visitors’ locker room before a pregame shootaround. “Which way’s the court from here?” he asked. ... O’Neal, a self-described leprechaun, vowed to pinch anyone not wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day, but Wade defied his center’s edict. “You won’t catch me wearing no green,” he said. ... Many celebrities were in attendance, including hip-hop mogul Sean “P. Diddy” Combs, Florida Marlins outfielder Miguel Cabrera and actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson — a former University of Miami football player.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

KOBE SUCKS!

johnny00
03-18-2005, 01:54 PM
One thing we know is that with the game on the line nobody is better then Kobe.
Can you please post again when your medication wears off.

Medvedenko
03-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Everything I said in my earlier posts still stand....
1 Year makes a player in all eyes....too bad...All of these comments that Kobe can't lead his team...yadaddada...whatever....they are still in the playoff hunt and he's been injured all season, missing 14 games, plus changing coaches and systems mid stream. This year is a transition....and everyone is spouting that Kobe sucks...whatever. They have an unbalance team and is no stronger than the Cavs personal wise because of that.

Man In Black
03-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Everything I said in my earlier posts still stand....
1 Year makes a player in all eyes....too bad...All of these comments that Kobe can't lead his team...yadaddada...whatever....they are still in the playoff hunt and he's been injured all season, missing 14 games, plus changing coaches and systems mid stream. This year is a transition....and everyone is spouting that Kobe sucks...whatever. They have an unbalance team and is no stronger than the Cavs personal wise because of that.
What cracks me up is that many people, including myself, said that the Lakers were McGrady West without a premier big. You guys offered up Lamar as Scottie and said that Mihm was better than Wennington & Purdue.

Did you forget what I said so long ago?

LakerFraud is more like it. Get used to McGrady in LA because that is all you'll be seeing from EMPLOYEE 8 . His game is going to suffer hardcore without a dominant interior big and if you're one of those fools that say he is the next Jordan, TAKE A BIG LOOK AT THE TALENT ON THE FLOOR. You may or may not have a Pippen in Odom, but you lack a Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Charles Oakley type and a killer shooter like Steve Kerr or John Paxson type. Until Meeatch can find players that have that skill set, I'm feeling 42-47 games won MAX.

Sad thing is, it's going to be less victories most likely due to Kobe with the ankle issue. However, even with him...they ain't playing no better than sub .500 ball.

exstatic
03-18-2005, 05:25 PM
This year is a transition....and everyone is spouting that Kobe sucks...whatever.

1) Kobe doesn't suck.
2) Kobe had NO IDEA what it would be like playing without Shaq.
3) Kobe will struggle for the rest of his stay in LA to lead the Lakers anywhere near a top 4 seed in the WC.

tlongII
03-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Kobe is a good player, but he is nowhere near one of the top 5 in the NBA.

Mijo
03-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Kobe is a good player, but he is nowhere near one of the top 5 in the NBA.

Alas the luxury of having to play with a dominant big man. Even though Kobe seems very ordinary at times, he's still a top 5 player in my book. He just seems to lack the intangibles to be a leader.