PDA

View Full Version : Why curbstomping Utah pisses me off

monosylab1k
04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
The Mavericks have the talent to play like this every damn night. But no. They've been lazy sacks of shit for 75% of the season.

They get their shit together in some must win games, but every time they have a bit of a cushion, they start to take it easy. The Mavs dream of the 6 seed or better, but if not for incompetent ass losses to Memphis (twice), Oklahoma City, the Manu/Duncan-less Spurs, and Sacramento, they'd ALREADY have the 6 seed. Add to that blowing big leads against Boston and the Lakers. They're such fucking dogs that they can't see the big picture.

And the team is such frontrunning douchebags. It's easy to attack the basket relentlessly when you've got a double digit lead all game long. But if this game started getting close, you can bet your ass the Mavs would have been shooting 20 foot fadeaways constantly.

Games like this piss me off worse than losing because yet again, the potential for greatness is on display. It's unfortunate that the Mavericks don't have the heart to play like this 82 games and more a year.

Girasuck
04-09-2009, 12:23 AM
It had NOTHING to do with the Mavericks heart. Any team looks good when the other team plays worse defense than the Warriors. We looked like a bunch of disinterested, lazy ass fucks out there. Don't be pissed at Dallas...be pissed at the Jazz for not giving you any competition.

Brickhouse
04-09-2009, 12:24 AM
well the main culprits would be break-a-toenail-every-game JHo but he seems to be coming around and guys like Dampier (you're telling me his lazy ass can't at least do half of what he did tonight on the boards?). Dirk with his shitty D at times too. Kidd too.

But let's give some credit to the matador defenses of Phx and Utah. The Mavs still need to find a way to gut out a win when they aren't hitting all their jumpshots like they have been the past two games. It will be a different story in the playoffs.

monosylab1k
04-09-2009, 12:25 AM
It had NOTHING to do with the Mavericks heart. Any team looks good when the other team plays worse defense than the Warriors. We looked like a bunch of disinterested, lazy ass fucks out there. Don't be pissed at Dallas...be pissed at the Jazz for not giving you any competition.

Fuck that. Dallas has played against worse defenses and still looked bad. Dallas played with energy and effort that I've only seen a handful of times all season.

I know you'd like to just pin this loss on Utah sucking ass for one night, but the bottom line is that Dallas is better than Utah, and can beat you guys any time they want to. They just rarely ever put forth the effort to do it.

monosylab1k
04-09-2009, 12:27 AM
The Mavs still need to find a way to gut out a win when they aren't hitting all their jumpshots like they have been the past two games.

The jumpshots will come and go, but tonight I saw effort, energy, and guys actually driving to the basket. If they do that every night, they're still one of the better teams in the Western Conference. Unfortunately, most of the season they've played like spineless pussies.

Brickhouse
04-09-2009, 12:31 AM
They've played like spineless pussies because they are a jumpshooting team and no matter, how many times we talk about them driving to the basket, they will still always be reduced to one against better defensive teams. Call it lack of effort, lack of personnel. It's both.

Ghazi
04-09-2009, 12:34 AM
We play hard every night, even when we get blown out. ;)

lil_penny
04-09-2009, 12:36 AM
God bless the beloved boys in blue

Ghazi
04-09-2009, 12:42 AM
CUBAN: “Right now our biggest problem as a team, outside of injuries, is when we miss a shot, we pout. We don’t stay focused. That’s part of the reason Rick (Carlisle, Mavs coach) turned the (play-calling) reins over to J-Kidd. We have to stay focused.’’

That kinda seems to make sense when I think about it. When we hit our shots, everything else picks up. "Energy", "effort", defensive communication, aggression, etc.

When we miss our shots, it all breaks down, our guys continue to shoot, and games get ugly.

More or less every team in the NBA will look energized some nights and lethargic other nights. In the end it will come down to talents.

We didn't really do anything special these last 2 games, we just made our shots, and curbstomped some bad road/defensive teams like we were supposed to.

More or less the Mavs have been solid at home ever since the 0-4 disastrous start, it's the "falling in love with jump shots yet not making those jump shots" habit on the road which is why the guys in blue are so "jekyll/hyde".

Ghazi
04-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Arbitrary stat of the night, Mavs have won 8 straight when J-Ho plays in 2nd half :king

damn 7 steals for the Blunt tonight. Part of that was Jazz sloppiness though, but nice.

Chef Boyardee
04-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Do you know that Mavs are chokers?

stretch
04-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Do you know that Mavs are chokers?

:lmao

Findog
04-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Hip Hip Hooray for our Boys in Blue!

Rogue
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
our boys in blue have to feed on jumpers because they haven't got a consistent power in the paint. It's not the only job for a center to score in paint himself, more importantly he should show his ability of scoring and draw defensive pressure from opponent centers, in order to make room for slashers to break in, but our starting center in blue can't do either.

sribb43
04-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Well i guess curbstomping the Jazz is better than getting curbstomped yourself

crc21209
04-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Whoever started this thread must've forgot that Utah just sucks major ass on the road. Let's see how Dallas does in New Orleans...then you can talk.

Brickhouse
04-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Whoever started this thread must've forgot that Utah just sucks major ass on the road. Let's see how Dallas does in New Orleans...then you can talk.

I don't see anyone bragging in this thread, but keep going.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't see anyone bragging in this thread, but keep going.

I'm talking about monosylab1k or whatever who said the Mavs could be "great." It was just the Jazz...at your house.