PDA

View Full Version : To Anyone questioning Tim's heart or competitive desire...

TDfan2007
04-09-2009, 01:47 AM
:flipoff

The guy is in tremendous pain and he's still giving it his all every night despite the fact that hopes for a championship are bleak at best.

Tim is the epitome of professionalism and refuses to let his team and the fans down. As long as he can walk I guarantee you he will try and play. You simply have to respect that.

:toast to Tim

PS I'm still hoping for a miracle recovery the day before the playoffs...

duncan228
04-09-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't understand how any Spurs fan could ever question Duncan's heart, or call him soft, or all the other garbage that floats around the game blogs. He gives his all every night, he always has. He's hurt. He wants to be on the court, that was plain to see when Pop pulled him tonight.

Duncan has shown us that he can play through pain and produce at a high level. I'm hoping he can rise through this, but his knees seem to impact his game more than the ankles or the Planter Fasciitis did.

However it plays out, Duncan gets nothing from me but my respect and thanks. There's no player out there I'd rather have represent my team.

kace
04-09-2009, 02:06 AM
lame thread considering no one, especially not spurs fan, has ever questionned tim's heart.

he plays hard despite the pain. a lot of NBA players do that.

i even know a lot of laborers that have to work despite some pain (knees, hands, back, strain ......). stop the drama.

crc21209
04-09-2009, 04:37 AM
TD will not let his team go down without a fight. No way no how.

Evil Angel
04-09-2009, 07:35 AM
He should be resting for the play offs, not playing the second game of a B2B...

Thomas82
04-09-2009, 07:46 AM
i don't understand how any spurs fan could ever question duncan's heart, or call him soft, or all the other garbage that floats around the game blogs. He gives his all every night, he always has. He's hurt. He wants to be on the court, that was plain to see when pop pulled him tonight.

Duncan has shown us that he can play through pain and produce at a high level. I'm hoping he can rise through this, but his knees seem to impact his game more than the ankles or the planter fasciitis did.

However it plays out, duncan gets nothing from me but my respect and thanks. There's no player out there i'd rather have represent my team.

+1

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I don't understand how any Spurs fan could ever question Duncan's heart, or call him soft, or all the other garbage that floats around the game blogs. He gives his all every night, he always has. He's hurt. He wants to be on the court, that was plain to see when Pop pulled him tonight.

Duncan has shown us that he can play through pain and produce at a high level. I'm hoping he can rise through this, but his knees seem to impact his game more than the ankles or the Planter Fasciitis did.

However it plays out, Duncan gets nothing from me but my respect and thanks. There's no player out there I'd rather have represent my team.

+2.

Tim's body is starting to betray him because of all the basketball he's played - regular season and post season. That's not his fault. He's given his absolute all to this organization and they have four titles to show for it. It would be idiotic for anyone to question his heart or competitive desire. Personally, I don't think he's done. I believe him when he says he wants at least 1 more.

urunobili
04-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Same lame fans that question Manu often...

TD is THE team... He has been the dynasty... no TD? jackshit for everyone else then... losers...

Agloco
04-09-2009, 08:49 AM
:flipoff

The guy is in tremendous pain and he's still giving it his all every night despite the fact that hopes for a championship are bleak at best.

Tim is the epitome of professionalism and refuses to let his team and the fans down. As long as he can walk I guarantee you he will try and play. You simply have to respect that.

:toast to Tim

PS I'm still hoping for a miracle recovery the day before the playoffs...

+1

Screw all the haters. :flag:

DaBears
04-09-2009, 09:02 AM
All of you can just get off TD Jock already the man has shown "No heart" and i cant stress enough "NO HEART". If he was in that bad of shape he would not play at all. Bad knees, finger, what ever the hell it is. Players with less talent and worse injuries go out aand preform, & no excuses made for them. So why is everyone making excuses for TD. Where in his preformance has he either should you his heart, or passion. One of these is lacking.

Isiah Thomas played with a Twisted ankle, that you could tell bothered him, but his heart and fight made him excel against all odds. So you tells me why is everyone making excuses for TD. None of you are on his pay role so get off his JOCK.

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
All of you can just get off TD Jock already the man has shown "No heart" and i cant stress enough "NO HEART". If he was in that bad of shape he would not play at all. Bad knees, finger, what ever the hell it is. Players with less talent and worse injuries go out aand preform, & no excuses made for them. So why is everyone making excuses for TD. Where in his preformance has he either should you his heart, or passion. One of these is lacking.

Isiah Thomas played with a Twisted ankle, that you could tell bothered him, but his heart and fight made him excel against all odds. So you tells me why is everyone making excuses for TD. None of you are on his pay role so get off his JOCK.

You're wrong. Fans make excuses for players all the time and have since time began so yes, those players have had excuses made for them. Its the players, however, like Isiah and TD who don't make excuses for themselves. They just go out and play and that is having heart.

BTW, what does "should you his heart" mean? :)

DaBears
04-09-2009, 09:14 AM
"show you his heart"

Myrak
04-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Having "heart" means to overcome something that would keep you from being 100% and leading your team to victory, or near victory.

Playing hurt and being non-productive is stupid and only hurts the team. Timmy should sit out the rest of the season. Being hurt and productive against LAST PLACE teams show no heart. Scoring 30 with 15 rebounds last night would have shown heart.

You folks crack me up with your "Spurs all the time" attitudes. Real fans would look for ways to improve the team as a whole and be critical when needed. Timmy is a part of our foundation, the best Spur ever (IMHO), and will bounce back. But for the good of the team, sit out.

DaBears
04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
"SPURSTALK" is a great, not just because all of the great posts everyone has, but the sweet pic's that members post as well.

I would check out SPURSTALK even if i wasnt a spurs fan.

Keep the PIC's coming....

side note: more models please

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
"SPURSTALK" is a great, not just because all of the great posts everyone has, but the sweet pic's that members post as well.

I would check out SPURSTALK even if i wasnt a spurs fan.

Keep the PIC's coming....

side note: more models please

Nice edit. ;)

:)

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Showing heart is not quitting or giving up, Duncan has done neither.

Duncan is not going to pull himself out, he is too much of a competitor. If I were Popovich, I would sit him though until the playoffs.

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 09:39 AM
C'mon man. Get offa that crap. Now you're trying to put Tim in the same class as someone like, say Tracy McGrady. Where've you been? Despite his hurting knees, Tim begged Pop to put him back in the game. Pop told him "No, I don't need a hero. I need a player who will be healthy for the playoffs".

There's a helluva lot of difference between a bad finger in a bad wheel. However, having a bad wheel will limit the effectiveness of any athlete - except one that's involved in wheelchair Olympics.

Tim has never relied on athleticism to be effective. If you know anything at all about Tim, you should know that he's never been one to complain about injuries. So if he's confiding to those close to him that his knees are ailing, then it's got to be pretty serious. Yet, you don't hear him making excuses publically and Pop has to restrain the guy from playing, at times.

DaBears
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Can anyone explain why POP is still chossing to run Mason as backup PG, it looks like this has been a failure and he hasnt made any adjustments. I say with nothing else to loose run Hill as PG and give him the green light to let it fly. Everytime he gets the ball on with an open look take it.

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2009, 09:47 AM
shame on you morons for questioning tim-mans heart,

check him out in the wizard of oz at the end where he gets his heart....damn u haters

DaBears
04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Say what you want Your Tim-man’s heart, is not translating on the court. Plain & simple. Being non productive is just as bad as playing bad, pick whatever helps you sleep better at night. If he is a Superstar like we all know he is, bad knees or not he should produce more than what he is. If he's really that bad, the coach should make him a sit. It’s funny to read everyone’s post making excuses for the guy not because you can validate his play, but because he’s a SPURS player.

Rogue
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Tim definitely has NO trouble with his heart, unlike Oberto.

DaBears
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
you got me there!!!! Oberto might be done with Basketball period.

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Say what you want Your Tim-man’s heart, is not translating on the court. Plain & simple. Being non productive is just as bad as playing bad, pick whatever helps you sleep better at night. If he is a Superstar like we all know he is, bad knees or not he should produces more than what he is. If he really that bad, the coach should make him a sit. It’s funny to read everyone’s post making excuses for the guy not because you can validate his play, but because he’s a SPURS player.

You contradict even yourself. Make up your mind. Do you want him on the court at less than full speed? Or do you want him to sit? Take your pick. Or maybe you can click your heels together and he'll magically, once again, be the fresh-faced rookie he was in 1997. :lol

Get over yourself. Dude is 32 years old. Has played a lot of basketball and now his body is starting to betray him. Did you get a look at Robinson, Ewing, Olajuwon, Mourning, Jabbar, Lanier, Bird, McHale, Magic, Erving and practically every other great player that has ever played toward the end? Every player, if he plays long enough, will begin to sustain various injuries that will begin affecting their performance. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Don't understand why that's so hard for you to see.

Perhaps if he retired at the end of season, you'd feel better.

Myrak
04-09-2009, 10:10 AM
You all degrade the sports term "heart". When ego gets ahead of the team's best interests it is not "heart". It is stupid.

I would say he should consider retiring, if he doesnt get better.

DaBears
04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
i will put this in words you can understand
tim duncan should sit, he is not helping the team.

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM

Now that we both agree on. However, you need to take that up with the man in charge.

Anyone remember back in 2000 when Tim tore his meniscus, toward the end of the regular season? He didn't play again the rest of the season and playoffs. Perhaps that's what Pop should do here.

There's something else that is hurting the team - a very shallow bench. Just like the situation with Manu, there is no one player or players that can replace Tim, but you'd hope to have someone that can at least replicate a portion of the scoring and rebounding production. At this moment, the Spurs have no one to offset the lost production of Duncan and Ginobili.

samikeyp
04-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Say what you want Your Tim-man’s heart, is not translating on the court. Plain & simple. Being non productive is just as bad as playing bad, pick whatever helps you sleep better at night. If he is a Superstar like we all know he is, bad knees or not he should produce more than what he is. If he's really that bad, the coach should make him a sit. It’s funny to read everyone’s post making excuses for the guy not because you can validate his play, but because he’s a SPURS player.

Isn't he your Tim-man too?

Rogue
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
We have already understood everything, no need for you to re-put in anything else. Duncan's help to the spurs isn't only what his points and boards can reflect, it's about everything both on court and off court. the spurs are always a great team even with duncan sitting on bench in suit, Tony Longoria has been playing great recently, seemingly he is about to prevail over Tim... but no one even excluding Longoria himself has ever doubted Tim's status on this team. doubting Tim's value is just like overrating Gooden's efforts, both of which are typical characters of a fake spurs fan.

DaBears
04-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I dont want to put all this blame on TD, Its the coach as well, he needs to do a better job at coaching, and keeping the team healthy. Watching the lineups he has put out durning the games, makes me wonder! If he really knows what to do. There are plenty of holes in our offense and defense.
And that my frineds is all coaching.

Mark Jackson
04-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Regarding Tim Duncan and his age, all I can say is this.

Me and my partner Van Gundy here can both agree that age eventually catches up to you. It doesn't care who you are. Father Time is still undefeated

Spursone
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
:wakeup

You would have to have balls the size of TONY MONTANA to question the heart of a champion like Time Duncan. Like David Robinson during his back pain issues, he never gave up, he led, and he performed at his best under his physical limitations. If we go down, let's do it fighting, and with class.

Never surrender, fight till the end!

:flag:

DaBears
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Alright, not everyone start barking at me right away. I'm just saying its easy to caoch a team with 3 all stars like the ones we have, but when your down to jsut one it makes things alittle more intresting and thats where coaching comes in.

Im not knocking the guy.!!!!!

Rogue
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I dont want to put all this blame on TD, Its the coach as well, he needs to do a better job at coaching, and keeping the team healthy. Watching the lineups he has put out durning the games, makes me wonder! If he really knows what to do. There are plenty of holes in our offense and defense.
And that my frineds is all coaching.
blaming others has never been our habit, or the habit of any other team's fans but those rockets fans. Pop has made some controvercial decisions this season like reserving big 3 from the game @ nuggets etc, and he was badly criticized due to those radical strategies... but the spurs fans always realize Pop has made the best choices on behalf of spurs right after their rage gets reliefed. Pop is even less deserving than Duncan to be blamed. :loser:

DaBears
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
nicely put, i could not agree more... i am starting to hit that wall myself, but i am putting up a good fight, it could go 7 games. But then in the end i'm sure Father Time will still be undefeated....

dbreiden83080
04-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't understand how any Spurs fan could ever question Duncan's heart, or call him soft, or all the other garbage that floats around the game blogs.

It's simle anyone who calls Tiimmy that is not a real Spurs fan and should be ignored. It's the same thing as Bulls fans calling Jordan Soft in his prime.. If so called fans don't appreciate Tim for what he has done and is still doing, then the hell with them..

mexicanjunior
04-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Regarding Tim Duncan and his age, all I can say is this.

Me and my partner Van Gundy here can both agree that age eventually catches up to you. It doesn't care who you are. Father Time is still undefeated

"Momma...there goes that man again."

Myrak
04-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Now that we both agree on. However, you need to take that up with the man in charge.

Anyone remember back in 2000 when Tim tore his meniscus, toward the end of the regular season? He didn't play again the rest of the season and playoffs. Perhaps that's what Pop should do here.

There's something else that is hurting the team - a very shallow bench. Just like the situation with Manu, there is no one player or players that can replace Tim, but you'd hope to have someone that can at least replicate a portion of the scoring and rebounding production. At this moment, the Spurs have no one to offset the lost production of Duncan and Ginobili.

THis is a good point. The bench is thin.

mexicanjunior
04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I haven't questioned Duncan's heart or desire since 2002...he has shown for the last 7 years he is a competitor on par with the Jordan, Magic and Bird...

DaBears
04-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Do you live in the past! I dont think so i worry about the here & now and future. No one is questioning TD's play inthe past, he's one of the all time greats. But his preformance whether you are blaming his knees or what ever. He's not willing himself to over come his limitations, even for one game. So i say for the last time that shows "a lack of heart, fight, passion" What ever fits

Playin good a yr ago, doesnt win you shit today....Remember that.